HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2019, 02:59 PM   #9256

Oh.. LS just inform that if he don't receive the $ by 9pm, standby to guard your hse. Threat or just scaring...? Am worry nw
Open door wait for them la...u got CCTV at home.dont worry 80% empty threat...
Old 10-06-2019, 08:36 PM   #9257

Open door wait for them la...u got CCTV at home.dont worry 80% empty threat...
No need scared. Just empty words from them.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:51 PM   #9258

Anyone gt this happen to them. The UML force my hub to borrow from LML to repay the "debt" even tho he didnt owe.
Out of fear he did borrow.
Now we got harass by both.
And the police said nth they can do since we borrow from LML.
N i quote from the police.
"Who call you go borrow in the first place. Then u go work two or more jobs to return them lor. They will not harass you anymore."
Old 10-06-2019, 10:39 PM   #9259

Dear all, I just created this account to share my story. I am a new victim of these LOAN SCAMS from just past week. Read through many of the messages here and am *SUPER ANGRY* at how so many have been cheated. For all the victims here, we must stand up and stamp out these scammers and crime.

So much harassment is made to the victims and stress created to them and family members, colleagues, workplace. Jobs lost, family lost, friends lost. THIS MUST STOP and victims must unite to make Singapore a safe place and reduce the number of victims to ZERO.

The 2 people I talked to are Chinese Malaysian.

My story:

I was promised a loan of 10k for 5 yrs and only need to pay $200 for 60 times. (LIE)

I was asked to send IC, income statement, next of kin contacts for loan approval (DONT EVER DO THIS) [others have been asked for SINGPASS, DON"T EVER DO THIS]

I was told the loan was all legal and can be done online (LIE)

I was told they will make a test transaction to me and I just need to transfer them back before they send me the actual loan amount (LIE)

I was told after the funds transfer to me, then they will send me the Terms and Conditions of the loan (LIE)

I was told that they have a legit company with legit license and got website (LIE) - I later checked and found they gave name of an "expired" company" not on approved LML list

After the test transaction amount transferred to me, they started to harass me for the money, saying I took the loan already and pressured me to transfer by a certain time, if not I will be in trouble. After that they harass 2 of my next of kin with threatening messages. You will get it from your next of kin.

*** Never even touch any of these people EVER, also stay away from LML if you can. *** These are not money lenders, they are LOAN SCAMMERS. ***

Spoke to Police, Spoke to Credit Association.

Advice given is:

1. File Report ASAP
2. Do not do any transactions
3. Close bank account ASAP
4. Change all phone numbers
5. Block all their numbers (spare yourself the harassment)
6. Brace yourself for any harassment online or offline
7. Call 999 immediately if there any suspicious people seen near your home or office
8. Lastly, DO NOT BE AFRAID. (You are not the first victim and will not be the last)

Victims who want to work together to fight this and to share info - PM me. Will pass on as much info so that they can work. This is our Singapore, let us make it SAFE.

If not, pass info to:

Members of the public are also advised not to work with or assist loan sharks in any way and to call the police at 999 or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect anyone of being involved in illegal loan-sharking activities.

Crime does NOT PAY. (Pls google these news, I can't post links as am too new)

Case 1: Police warn students against loan shark jobs as 109 people arrested in 3-day blitz
Case 2: 'Auntie' loan shark runner arrested by police

Case 3: 118 arrested for suspected loan shark activities after four-day police operation

First-time offenders found guilty of carrying out or assisting in unlicensed moneylending business may be fined between S$30,000 and S$300,000, jailed up to four years and given up to six strokes of the cane.

Those found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting acts of harassment may get up to five years' jail, a fine between S$5,000 and S$50,000 and three to six strokes of the cane.

Anyone convicted of providing false contact information to obtain loans from loan sharks may be jailed a maximum of 12 months and those guilty of failing to report a change of address may get a maximum S$5,000 fine, up to five years in jail or both.

Those found guilty of instigating a youth to assist in unlicensed moneylending business or carrying out harassment acts on behalf of loan sharks may be jailed up to nine years, fined between S$6,000 and S$300,000 and given a maximum of 12 strokes of the cane.
hi,i am one of the victims to UML. inquired about a loan thru whatsapp, pass them singpass, NOKs account number. to make it short today is the due date for payment. i have no intention to make any payments and before payment i saw 2 unfamiliar person roaming around my corridor. then when i went down, 2 more unfamiliar faces. 1 followed me till the traffic light where i decided to turn around and go another route... thinking for the safety of my wife i made the defer payment and till now no signs of unfamiliar faces ard. how do you get around this f*ckuers. need a helping hand here. tq.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:59 PM   #9260
Master Member

Hi, sorry to hear this. Don’t pay, and close your hubby bank acct! If not they will keep xfer money into his acct. Install a CCTV. Don’t reply to their text or call anymore. Please lodge a online report here, no worries your detail will be safe, https://eservices.police.gov.sg/cont...683.1521187332 the IO will call your husb ASAP to understand more about his situation.

& how can the police man said too?! It’s too much!!

Anyone gt this happen to them. The UML force my hub to borrow from LML to repay the "debt" even tho he didnt owe.
Out of fear he did borrow.
Now we got harass by both.
And the police said nth they can do since we borrow from LML.
N i quote from the police.
"Who call you go borrow in the first place. Then u go work two or more jobs to return them lor. They will not harass you anymore."

Last edited by Curioustranger; 10-06-2019 at 11:11 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 11:06 PM   #9261
Master Member

Hello there bro, firstly chill and DO NOT make any defer payment anymore. When this goes on, it will be hard to stop as they will do a “force loan” and all. Please make a police report online https://eservices.police.gov.sg/cont...683.1521187332
Secondly get a cctv. &, close your bank account as to prevent them from xfer anymore money to your account. This is sg and they dare not to do anything to your wife. All these are just useless runners that work for loanshark, but only threaten. Most importantly bro, if you see any suspicious or unfamiliar faces immediately dial 999. Wait no longer!
Stay safe and take care.

hi,i am one of the victims to UML. inquired about a loan thru whatsapp, pass them singpass, NOKs account number. to make it short today is the due date for payment. i have no intention to make any payments and before payment i saw 2 unfamiliar person roaming around my corridor. then when i went down, 2 more unfamiliar faces. 1 followed me till the traffic light where i decided to turn around and go another route... thinking for the safety of my wife i made the defer payment and till now no signs of unfamiliar faces ard. how do you get around this f*ckuers. need a helping hand here. tq.

Last edited by Curioustranger; 10-06-2019 at 11:15 PM..
Old 10-06-2019, 11:29 PM   #9262

hi thanks for e reply, my only worry is my NOKs... worried they will be harrass too... for those whom stopped payments, mind sharing what are the experience/events that took place in the event we stop to pay...tq
Old 10-06-2019, 11:39 PM   #9263
Master Member

No prob! They will definitely call your office and NOK if you stop replying / paying them. But stay calm, ask your NOK don’t pick up. As for your office if they call, ask your colleagues to answer and lie to them that this person is no longer working here anymore. For those that did not pay most to most they will send someone over to your place take photo & use that photo to send you & threaten you so you’ll pay more and do what as told. But DON’T FALL FOR THIS TRICK! And as for some (not all) unlucky borrowers that didn’t make payment, LS will send their useless runner up to splash paint. That’s why you’ve to install CCTV for safety purposes.

hi thanks for e reply, my only worry is my NOKs... worried they will be harrass too... for those whom stopped payments, mind sharing what are the experience/events that took place in the event we stop to pay...tq

Last edited by Curioustranger; 10-06-2019 at 11:42 PM..
Old 11-06-2019, 12:00 AM   #9264

Hi, sorry to hear this. Donít pay, and close your hubby bank acct! If not they will keep xfer money into his acct. Install a CCTV. Donít reply to their text or call anymore. Please lodge a online report here, no worries your detail will be safe, the IO will call your husb ASAP to understand more about his situation.

& how can the police man said too?! Itís too much!!
Alrdy done the cctv up, ignored n oso closed bank acc. Oso made several reports. But sadly since they ssaid they cant do anythin abt the LML since they r legal. They r not wrong to come up.
Also said the UML cant force us to borrow from the LML what.. u can alwys say no.

Yes no. But who can understand the fear & threats.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:17 AM   #9265
Master Member

Firstly I apologise for misreading it.
Is a scam right? Saying that you guys have taken up a loan yet didn’t pay them. My dad faced this issue just early this year and that’s how I found this thread so useful. But my dad did shouted back and f at them saying if you have any prove then come on to show me the “loan” I took up, as he did not even take up any loan at all. End up the unknown LS hang up the call.
Omg you guys should not even loan from LML to pay the loan to UML that you guys did not loan from them in the first place and should fight back. Oh dear! But LML you’ve pay no matter what and accordingly if you can’t make any pmt atm you may speak with the LML officer regarding the monthly repayment issue but definitely I’m sure there’ll be interest rate involved. Otherwise they’ll come up or even take legal action towards this, so it’ll be good that you give them a call or drop by their office to talk about this issue.
All these police officers are just useless enough that they didn’t even put themselves in the shoe to feel how it is to feel this way. Fýcked up much.

Alrdy done the cctv up, ignored n oso closed bank acc. Oso made several reports. But sadly since they ssaid they cant do anythin abt the LML since they r legal. They r not wrong to come up.
Also said the UML cant force us to borrow from the LML what.. u can alwys say no.

Yes no. But who can understand the fear & threats.

Last edited by Curioustranger; 11-06-2019 at 12:23 AM..
Old 11-06-2019, 06:49 AM   #9266

Firstly I apologise for misreading it.
Is a scam right? Saying that you guys have taken up a loan yet didnít pay them. My dad faced this issue just early this year and thatís how I found this thread so useful. But my dad did shouted back and f at them saying if you have any prove then come on to show me the ďloanĒ I took up, as he did not even take up any loan at all. End up the unknown LS hang up the call.
Omg you guys should not even loan from LML to pay the loan to UML that you guys did not loan from them in the first place and should fight back. Oh dear! But LML youíve pay no matter what and accordingly if you canít make any pmt atm you may speak with the LML officer regarding the monthly repayment issue but definitely Iím sure thereíll be interest rate involved. Otherwise theyíll come up or even take legal action towards this, so itíll be good that you give them a call or drop by their office to talk about this issue.
All these police officers are just useless enough that they didnít even put themselves in the shoe to feel how it is to feel this way. Fýcked up much.
Yes the LML was forced by the UML.
We did try to nego. But they said NO. They want full sum ASAP. Despite my hub paying up 20%.
They even came up twice everyday.

Logically my hub should not even have borrowed from the LML but the UML harass his whole family my whole family and his office also. The stress is there.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:28 AM   #9267

Exclamation

Oh.. LS just inform that if he don't receive the $ by 9pm, standby to guard your hse. Threat or just scaring...? Am worry nw
Pls do us a favour, read at least the last 20 pages of this thread.

If you still do not find an answer to your questions, pls let us know.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Old 11-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #9268

Yes. I loan also that point of moment because i'm really totally broke to go work, so i jst take a small loan wth them as long as the money i can cover fr my daily expenses on working till i get my salary i'm ok wth it. Nw, i've experience lending money wth those scumbags, after this there's no more borrowing. Life ruined & miserable
hi, do they still harrassing u?
Old 11-06-2019, 04:25 PM   #9269

Changed new number yet within few days start to rec betting sms..
Old 11-06-2019, 06:11 PM   #9270

Changed new number yet within few days start to rec betting sms..
And now i got 6 missed calls from a private number. What should i do.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.