HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2019, 06:21 PM   #9271
Master Member

And now i got 6 missed calls from a private number. What should i do.
Hello there, please stay calm. Just don’t pick up. Definitely they will be spamming you with calls, it shall stop sooner or later once they have found another new target victim. Ask your NOK don’t pick up unknown or private number calls as it’s high likely be them.
As for LML, you’ve call & speak to them. If it unsuccessful, then you may consider to look for Adullum Life Counselling to speak about the issue you’re having.

Please read guys.

For sms, if you using android phone ( not familiar with iphone) under sms -> settings -> block messages -> block phrases. You can add common phrases they use.

For calls, you can install an app called Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. Just set to block all calls except on your contact list.

For Whatsapp, can report and block only.I hope whatsapp updates with feature to prevent anyone from adding you to a group and block any unknown number not on our contact list.

Like I said before, our Govt bodies with telcos need to collaborate to stop this menace. It's getting out of hand.

Last edited by Curioustranger; 11-06-2019 at 06:24 PM..
Old 11-06-2019, 06:32 PM   #9272

But i jus chg my no. Last week only. So fast happen again?

It wont be from any govt agency right?
Old 11-06-2019, 06:39 PM   #9273

hi,i am one of the victims to UML. inquired about a loan thru whatsapp, pass them singpass, NOKs account number. to make it short today is the due date for payment. i have no intention to make any payments and before payment i saw 2 unfamiliar person roaming around my corridor. then when i went down, 2 more unfamiliar faces. 1 followed me till the traffic light where i decided to turn around and go another route... thinking for the safety of my wife i made the defer payment and till now no signs of unfamiliar faces ard. how do you get around this f*ckuers. need a helping hand here. tq.
u really ****er.... hope u kena jia lat jia lat
Old 11-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #9274

Thanks.. Have just make a police report on the harrsement & threats.. The LS still send me a video of his runner or debtors burning a HDB unit. Was just wondering if I have already make some payment but not yet cover the principal amount, will it be agaiated them more?
once u borrow from ah long.. no matter how many millions u return.. they will always keep asking u for $$$
Old 11-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #9275

Oh.. LS just inform that if he don't receive the $ by 9pm, standby to guard your hse. Threat or just scaring...? Am worry nw
If u really worry then install CCTV outside.. it will at least make the runner think twice b4 he wants to throw paint.. if he really throw then download the footage and give it to the police... that him go in seat for good
Old 11-06-2019, 07:36 PM   #9276

Hi bros,

I will like to ask about LML. If you don't pay them, what will they do? They will send debt collectors to your house and company?

Because my friend said that maybe the law has changed. Recently about 2 weeks ago, he did not pay them and no debt collectors went up his house and office. Only call him and send letters.

Can any bros verify?
Thanks
Old 11-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #9277

hi thanks for e reply, my only worry is my NOKs... worried they will be harrass too... for those whom stopped payments, mind sharing what are the experience/events that took place in the event we stop to pay...tq
As mention if u see any unfamiliar faces do call the police let the police to screen them. I had stop payment early this yr and also got alot of calls and harassment both my family and office... I even got free paint work for my door .. but I just simply dun care and leg the police to the job ... and now I able to get back to my normal life ...so dun ever give in to them.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:46 PM   #9278

It could be a recycled number. Anyway, those private number calls should be soliciting for you to “support” them for loans. Just ignore or cancel the call.

If you are curious who is calling, then just answer, listen to what the caller say and hang up.

I know it quite irritating and makes you panariod when you are in this situation. Hang in there and stay strong!
Old 11-06-2019, 08:20 PM   #9279

It could be a recycled number. Anyway, those private number calls should be soliciting for you to “support” them for loans. Just ignore or cancel the call.

If you are curious who is calling, then just answer, listen to what the caller say and hang up.

I know it quite irritating and makes you panariod when you are in this situation. Hang in there and stay strong!
Yes! Everytime something happen my heart skip a beat. Like a mini heart attack. Like now im afraid to go home. I rather hang around outside den at home in fear someone comes knocking.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:31 PM   #9280

Yes! Everytime something happen my heart skip a beat. Like a mini heart attack. Like now im afraid to go home. I rather hang around outside den at home in fear someone comes knocking.
I know how you are feeling, very jumpy with the slightest sound especially knocking of doors or any commotion outside the house.

Phone rings or msg coming in also makes the heart skip a beat.

Try to churn your fears or anxiety into anger, be brave and prepared for whatever that “may” happen and get on with life.

All the best.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:55 PM   #9281

Possible if you have make any police report... Coz when my IO called me is private number...
Old 11-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #9282

Thank you for the advice
Old 11-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #9283

Possible if you have make any police report... Coz when my IO called me is private number...
Yes i did. So far my i/o only called me from her office no. & mobile..
Old 12-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #9284

Hi bros,

I will like to ask about LML. If you don't pay them, what will they do? They will send debt collectors to your house and company?

Because my friend said that maybe the law has changed. Recently about 2 weeks ago, he did not pay them and no debt collectors went up his house and office. Only call him and send letters.

Can any bros verify?
Thanks
Hi Viper

It also depend on your amt and the size of the company if small company they will keep calling and call your NOK .

For my case i cant make payment also , they start to send sms to me say if dont pay they will hand my case over to debt collector , so i approached abdullam , they help nego for monthly payment .
Old 12-06-2019, 08:40 AM   #9285

Hi bros,

Can any bros verify?
Thanks
Ours came for just $800. Daily n many times a day.
Gt force to take from LML by UML.
Police did say nobody can force u but they dont understand the fear.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.