HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2019, 04:29 AM   #9316

This is exactly what my hub did n end up he trf them money hoping it will stop the harassment. So dont end up like him.
Borrowing money to payoff "debts".
Oh man tats very bad. I am very stressed up 2nd day liao. I just went bak and see nothing happen
Old 14-06-2019, 06:28 AM   #9317

SINGAPORE: Two men and a woman were arrested on Wednesday (Jun 12) in two separate cases of loan shark harassment after a vehicle was splashed with paint and tomato sauce was thrown onto a gate.

Police officers were called to a flat along Bedok North Avenue 4 after reports that tomato sauce was splashed across the gate of a home. Graffiti was also scrawled on the wall of the staircase landing beside the unit.

A 31-year-old man and 23-year-old woman were arrested by officers from Bedok Police Division, the Singapore Police Force said in a news release.

Officers seized a bottle of tomato sauce, a black marker and a mobile phone as part of their investigations.

The other incident took place along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4. Police received a report that paint was thrown over a vehicle and that "loan shark-related notes" were affixed to the vehicle.

A 46-year-old man was arrested in a joint operation between the Criminal Investigation Department and Ang Mo Kio Police Division.

"Preliminary investigations revealed that the man is believed to be involved in at least two other cases of loan-shark harassment," police said.

All three of them will be charged in court on Friday.

First-time offenders found guilty of loan shark harassment may be fined up to S$50,000, jailed for a maximum of five years and caned.

“The police have zero tolerance against loan shark harassment," the force said.

"Those who deliberately vandalise properties or cause annoyance and disruption to public safety, peace and security will be arrested and dealt with severely in accordance with the law.

"Members of the public are advised to stay away from loan sharks and not to work with or assist them in any way."

Source: CNA/na

Oh man tats very bad. I am very stressed up 2nd day liao. I just went bak and see nothing happen
Old 14-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #9318

They disturb him for months before he gave in. Idk how but they oso gt his parents add, bank details & statement.
Harass the workplace oso. Just like u bcos wanna protect the fam. He tot by giving some money they will go away
Old 14-06-2019, 09:49 AM   #9319

I really hope nth will happen

They disturb him for months before he gave in. Idk how but they oso gt his parents add, bank details & statement.
Harass the workplace oso. Just like u bcos wanna protect the fam. He tot by giving some money they will go away
Old 14-06-2019, 10:05 AM   #9320

Seeking Advice

Hi, I am unsure on what to do.

As the LS is going to start harassing me, I have reported police about the harassment and planning to get a CCTV.

I am trying to block them as much as possible.

On the other side, I went for an investigation recently and the IO kept telling me that he would charge me because this is not the first investigation.I insisted that I did not help the Loan shark activities after i was arrested in January. I am currently on bail now.

Now i am stressed from both Police and LS.

Should I seek for legal advice?

Please help me out here. You can PM me too. Thanks alot
Old 14-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #9321

On the other side, I went for an investigation recently and the IO kept telling me that he would charge me because this is not the first investigation.I insisted that I did not help the Loan shark activities after i was arrested in January. I am currently on bail now.

Hi

Chg your number , go see mp ask for extra patrolling from spf , mp can do that .
Old 14-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #9322
Master Member

How ur case going on sister? All well nw?

Hi

Chg your number , go see mp ask for extra patrolling from spf , mp can do that .
Old 14-06-2019, 10:19 AM   #9323

Seeking Advice

Hi

Hi I have changed my mobile number and they still managed to find me.

They told me they have people working inside bank and will know all my updated details.

Do u have any advice with regards to the police? Should I seek legal advice?
Old 14-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #9324
Master Member

Get cctv done would be best. Did u show them ur text msg conversation between u and the ah long ??? To clear ur name . So they can do a clearer judgement on this.

As the LS is going to start harassing me, I have reported police about the harassment and planning to get a CCTV.

Old 14-06-2019, 10:35 AM   #9325

Seeking Advice

Get cctv done would be best. Did u show them ur text msg conversation between u and the ah long ??? To clear ur name . So they can do a clearer judgement on this.
I changed my number so i didn't have old messages. I told the police i dont help them as there are also personal transactions in my own account. I showed them a threatening whatsapp text from them ever since I changed my number and they still managed to find me.
Old 14-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #9326

Hi I have changed my mobile number and they still managed to find me.

They told me they have people working inside bank and will know all my updated details.

Do u have any advice with regards to the police? Should I seek legal advice?
If this is the case you should report to police that the banks is giving out your info .

u can pm me then i can explain to u more
Old 14-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #9327

How ur case going on sister? All well nw?
not yet , still on bail , next court date in july ..... still praying everyday hope will drop the charges loh .
Old 14-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #9328

not yet , still on bail , next court date in july ..... still praying everyday hope will drop the charges loh .
Those in legal case, see legal help to fight your case, don't fight it alone if you are really innocent. Law is blind, police just do based on evidence. PM if need help.
Old 14-06-2019, 11:32 AM   #9329

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Old 14-06-2019, 11:35 AM   #9330

Hi. Few days ago i encounter this ad on fb, providing personal loan at good repayment plans 1k 24 mths $55 per mth. So i whatsapp and enquire thinking that its legal loan as there is license num on the ad. The person ask for my NRIC and singpass to check if i an eligible for this loan. So i gave them. And after awhile they told me my loan is approved! And req for my acc num but sad to say i dont hav an acc so i requested to go down to the shop and apply face to face instead. Then they told me they are UML!! And i say i dont wish to continue with this loan and they say once apply means own them! They keep threatening they will go up my house, and keep calling my work place and home. I am in distress... helppppppppp

Question is will they really turn up at my house and burn or splash paint?
I have already blocked them.
But they r still making calls to my work place and home.
I just need someone who will understand my situation. My mom is not very supportive. She is adding more stress to me saying if my house is splashed she will kill me and kill herself after that. I m really depress
You can't blame your mum, she does not know it is a loan scam.
We understand your situation, STAY STRONG and FEAR NOT.

Explain to her it is a SCAM, tell her not to do anything silly like killing herself. If she is not stable, pls reach out and seek help for her.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.