Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbt2015

Reaction score
Why making police report is useless? Can't they trace the loaner from bank account even though if the person may just be the runner? A little bit of deterrent is better than none?

Haoren88

Reaction score
Unless this PeterMaryParker is some big shot ah long (the real boss above all boss) or he is head of CID UML branch, how can he help ?

Most will offer useless advise such as attending counselling, praying to god blah blah blah

Or worse, offer you new loan to clear your old loans
Hope he can help since he said that if we are sincere..

Sharuu

Reaction score
Hi, I am now having the same problems with two of these low lifes. My situation is a bit different, it was more of stupidity than desperation. Until now I have made two police reports. I didn't even realize that the first one I did a loan with was a loan shark until I had paid back twice the amount and realized he was taking me for a ride with the deferment nonsense. I then managed to stall him into thinking that my account is messed up and got him to help me cover my losses with a second loanshark, who I also later reported. I have no intention of paying them back and have made several phonecalls to them where I keng crying and saying that I got family problems la, what la.

In my experience, it is best to supplicate, supplicate and supplicate some more. The more you act dumb, the higher the chances of you being able to at least stall them. Don't act smart or tough. If possible also try to lie low and not agitate them even further than their disturbed childhood already did. Having said that, that won't be the end of your problems. I agree with some of the posters on here that more needs to be done to remove the stigma of getting paint splashed on your doors. I vow to never do this kind of stupid thing again and to help others who are in this predicament. Like someone before said, there must be a reason that some people have to turn to such means.

One of these lovely gentlemen is still calling me non-stop as I type this and apparently, his boss wants me dead. *nervous lol* If he didn't have my address, I certainly have some choice words for him. Until then, good luck everyone! Please PM me for ideas. Let's get work together and get rid of this rubbish.

Sharuu

Reaction score
When i read all the post, it seem making a police report is useless.
Will. It help if i close my acc?

Hi sir.. Could you advise me how to stop it? I am really lost here and i felt trap. Feeling depressed also. I am going to be a part time student taking my advance dip in nursing and class start in june. Please advise me sir.

Yes. Close your account immediately. The last thing you need is to have loan sharks AND the police on your tail. For every loan you take, you are helping them run their illegal business. Your future seems promising, so avoid having a police record. As Confucius once said, "better the taint on the front door than the taint on your record". Lol. (I'm still getting death threats. Halp!)

garyfaith89

Reaction score
Need some help and advise

Hi friends, I need some help and advise. Few months back, i went to respond some UML advertisement. And gave them my details to do a check. But i have not confirm with them that i wished to borrow. To my horror, its the start of my hell period. The ah longs actually transferred 800 to my bank account. There after, they say i needed to do deferment pf 250 before clearing. Every week they promise its the last and the last never come. Until one day, i decided to MIA on them, but to my horror, they spam call my mobile and even to my office. Then out of fear, i went to clear that loan. I thought thats the end, but no.They say i already promise to do a second monthly loan, and if i don't, i need to pay a 50% of the loan amount. And the initial amount wasn't transfer to me. They automatically transferred me 1000 without me knowing and say is the loan agreement and some system thing. Now they still using the deferment lies to bluff me and i am totally broke and no money. I really wish to start anew but cutting ties with them. But i am fearful that they would harress my family or call my office when i MIA again. I have already told them i have no money. But they don't seem to believe. I have made two police report but there wasn't any follow up by the police.

I am at my desperate moment. Could someone tell me what should i do to overcome this thing without them harassing my office number. I am fearful that my manager will know. Though my office is a highly security area with security guards area. Appreciate if you could advise me on this problem.

Thank you.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Hi friends, I need some help and advise. Few months back, i went to respond some UML advertisement. And gave them my details to do a check. But i have not confirm with them that i wished to borrow. To my horror, its the start of my hell period. The ah longs actually transferred 800 to my bank account. There after, they say i needed to do deferment pf 250 before clearing. Every week they promise its the last and the last never come. Until one day, i decided to MIA on them, but to my horror, they spam call my mobile and even to my office. Then out of fear, i went to clear that loan. I thought thats the end, but no.They say i already promise to do a second monthly loan, and if i don't, i need to pay a 50% of the loan amount. And the initial amount wasn't transfer to me. They automatically transferred me 1000 without me knowing and say is the loan agreement and some system thing. Now they still using the deferment lies to bluff me and i am totally broke and no money. I really wish to start anew but cutting ties with them. But i am fearful that they would harress my family or call my office when i MIA again. I have already told them i have no money. But they don't seem to believe. I have made two police report but there wasn't any follow up by the police.

I am at my desperate moment. Could someone tell me what should i do to overcome this thing without them harassing my office number. I am fearful that my manager will know. Though my office is a highly security area with security guards area. Appreciate if you could advise me on this problem.

Thank you.

Hello! First of all, my advice to you is STOP PAYING THEM. The loan will never end. That's the point of this scam. The moment you accede to their demands, that's where they get you. Secondly, they won't come to your office. They know better. Based on what you have told me, and if you haven't said anything to cause them anger, you're most likely not worth them paying anyone to go anywhere to harass you. The most they will do is send you videos of their runners setting fires to some poor chap's house or other such scary videos (which I have been receiving but have yet to open because my heart is too small...)

Secondly, close your bank account immediately and report it to the police. If your bank account is still lying around and making transactions to them, you're most likely interfering with current police investigations and you might be implicated, as I was recently enlightened by a very angry IO at the police station.

Thirdly, lie low and ignore/block their calls and messages. I wish you all the best. Please PM me if you need more assurances.

Last edited:

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Just run them..police also advise me to run and don't pay..if they threaten and u shown sign of fear then be prepare to be suck dry by them..I got 10 ah long coming after me

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Police as advise to run ah long..the IO say most ah long operate overseas and seldom they will cause physical harm to u.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Police as advise to run ah long..the IO say most ah long operate overseas and seldom they will cause physical harm to u.

Yes. Worst case scenario, they will get their runners, who I understand are either debtors themselves or wannabe secondary school gangsters looking for extra income who replied to ads on online shopping or dating sites, to splash paint on your door. In which event, you should help yourself by sending a note to your neighbours to tell them that you recently lost your ID and namecard and have been receiving threatening calls and messages on your phone and to ask them to help look out for suspicious critters around your neighbourhood. You need to get your neighbours on your side on this one. Send them a pretty card along with your note. Use the ah long money to fund your PR campaign. Lol.

Sharuu

Reaction score
Just run them..police also advise me to run and don't pay..if they threaten and u shown sign of fear then be prepare to be suck dry by them..I got 10 ah long coming after me

Wah, your collection bigger than mine. Have they paid you a visit yet? Lately, I'm appreciating life a bit more when I wake up in the morning with my front door intact.

garyfaith89

Reaction score
UML

Hello! First of all, my advice to you is STOP PAYING THEM. The loan will never end. That's the point of this scam. The moment you accede to their demands, that's where they get you. Secondly, they won't come to your office. They know better. Based on what you have told me, and if you haven't said anything to cause them anger, you're most likely not worth them paying anyone to go anywhere to harass you. The most they will do is send you videos of their runners setting fires to some poor chap's house or other such scary videos (which I have been receiving but have yet to open because my heart is too small...)

Secondly, close your bank account immediately and report it to the police. If your bank account is still lying around and making transactions to them, you're most likely interfering with current police investigations and you might be implicated, as I was recently enlightened by a very angry IO at the police station.

Thirdly, lie low and ignore/block their calls and messages. I wish you all the best. Please PM me if you need more assurances.

How Long usually will it take for them to stop harressing? I have already changed my number. Just concern that they will call my manager sia. That’s the only concern I have.

Jjlin1205

Reaction score
Wah, your collection bigger than mine. Have they paid you a visit yet? Lately, I'm appreciating life a bit more when I wake up in the morning with my front door intact.

One visit only..no paint only demand letter

Sharuu

Reaction score
How Long usually will it take for them to stop harressing? I have already changed my number. Just concern that they will call my manager sia. That’s the only concern I have.

Do they have your manager's number? If they don't, try to see if your company telco provider can block numbers. That's a leceh option, but worth trying. Otherwise, you can ambush them when they threaten to call, wait at the receiving end, and when they do call, pick up and tell them that you died last year and be very upset on the phone.

I tried this, didn't work. I think my ah long quite smart. But no harm you trying it yourself.

All the best.

Lenny50

Reaction score
Loan Shark Harassment

Hi all. Would like to share that if you are in the unenviable position of being entangled with loan sharks (either difficulty repaying, or being constantly harassed), please seek help from the Singapore Anti Loanshark Community (SALC) via FB. They are able to help resolve issues anyone has with loansharks. But be prepared to face multi-layer screenings to be adjudged that one is a bona fide seeker of help. Thanks.

Nas1978

Reaction score
Yes. Close your account immediately. The last thing you need is to have loan sharks AND the police on your tail. For every loan you take, you are helping them run their illegal business. Your future seems promising, so avoid having a police record. As Confucius once said, "better the taint on the front door than the taint on your record". Lol. (I'm still getting death threats. Halp!)
Hi sir, i just did close my acc today. Thank you for ur advise. But the 2nd loan which they just trf to me without my knowledge, should i stop it?

Nas1978

Reaction score
Hi, I am now having the same problems with two of these low lifes. My situation is a bit different, it was more of stupidity than desperation. Until now I have made two police reports. I didn't even realize that the first one I did a loan with was a loan shark until I had paid back twice the amount and realized he was taking me for a ride with the deferment nonsense. I then managed to stall him into thinking that my account is messed up and got him to help me cover my losses with a second loanshark, who I also later reported. I have no intention of paying them back and have made several phonecalls to them where I keng crying and saying that I got family problems la, what la.

In my experience, it is best to supplicate, supplicate and supplicate some more. The more you act dumb, the higher the chances of you being able to at least stall them. Don't act smart or tough. If possible also try to lie low and not agitate them even further than their disturbed childhood already did. Having said that, that won't be the end of your problems. I agree with some of the posters on here that more needs to be done to remove the stigma of getting paint splashed on your doors. I vow to never do this kind of stupid thing again and to help others who are in this predicament. Like someone before said, there must be a reason that some people have to turn to such means.

One of these lovely gentlemen is still calling me non-stop as I type this and apparently, his boss wants me dead. *nervous lol* If he didn't have my address, I certainly have some choice words for him. Until then, good luck everyone! Please PM me for ideas. Let's get work together and get rid of this rubbish.

Can i pm u privately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.