HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it

Like Tree151Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-06-2018, 12:32 PM   #1216

sometimes they may suddenly sound nice like "okay dun pay the whole amount, just pay the initial amount". My AL do this also but I totally ignore.
That's right
Old 22-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #1217

Just to see of anyone kena same as me. My 1st ah long is with a malaysian accent and my 2nd ah long is a sg accent. Both of them call me within a matter of days to offer loan
Too many Al out there..hard to identify la..
Old 22-06-2018, 02:14 PM   #1218

Just a heads-up for everyone, I have ever received a call before and the name reflected was my NOK. When I picked up the call, this AL started to scream and scolded me. I quickly ended the call and called my NOK whether she has called me, she said no. I told her the whole incident and she told me there are many such scammers there using the phone systems to play around and scam people. So everyone, please be careful.
Old 22-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #1219

I just hope that they will leave me alone for now.
Old 22-06-2018, 04:22 PM   #1220

I just hope that they will leave me alone for now.
Honestly, I've been through and done that with 8 LS for more than 5 figures, don't expect them to do nothing. Instead, prepare for the worst and brave through it.

1st, We all know that even by repaying them, there will be no ending, so DO NOT PAY THEM ANYMORE. Keep the money for your family livelihood.

2nd, They capitalize on our fear factor to squeeze the endless payment from us. So, show them you have nothing to fear anymore. Tell them the moment you decide to take LS, you already prepare to face the nuisance from them.

3rd, Yes, they may call your office to make you lose your job. Lets take a step back and think, during the 6 months while I was trying to contain the LS payment, my monthly salary has been sucked dry, and further incurred more loans. It was worst than not working. Hence I decided to go back to zero base, lose my job and no income, but at least I have "no more debts" and won't incur new debts. I started on a new job with lower income, every cents of my salary, i get to keep it for my family.

4th, how many times can they harass you? once twice? Bear in mind that every time they splash paint on your door or graffiti on your wall, they have to spend 100 to 150. Hence it will just be once or twice if your amount is not too big. Furthermore, the one that splash paint are debtor turn runner, once he saw your door is splashed by earlier LS, he will not do it but instead simply take a picture for his boss to "prove job is done".

5th Fully agreed with all the bros and sisters here, family moral support is important. Come clean with your NOK and rest assure you will have no more fear in your heart.

BRAVE ON!
Old 22-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #1221

Honestly, I've been through and done that with 8 LS for more than 5 figures, don't expect them to do nothing. Instead, prepare for the worst and brave through it.

1st, We all know that even by repaying them, there will be no ending, so DO NOT PAY THEM ANYMORE. Keep the money for your family livelihood.

2nd, They capitalize on our fear factor to squeeze the endless payment from us. So, show them you have nothing to fear anymore. Tell them the moment you decide to take LS, you already prepare to face the nuisance from them.

3rd, Yes, they may call your office to make you lose your job. Lets take a step back and think, during the 6 months while I was trying to contain the LS payment, my monthly salary has been sucked dry, and further incurred more loans. It was worst than not working. Hence I decided to go back to zero base, lose my job and no income, but at least I have "no more debts" and won't incur new debts. I started on a new job with lower income, every cents of my salary, i get to keep it for my family.

4th, how many times can they harass you? once twice? Bear in mind that every time they splash paint on your door or graffiti on your wall, they have to spend 100 to 150. Hence it will just be once or twice if your amount is not too big. Furthermore, the one that splash paint are debtor turn runner, once he saw your door is splashed by earlier LS, he will not do it but instead simply take a picture for his boss to "prove job is done".

5th Fully agreed with all the bros and sisters here, family moral support is important. Come clean with your NOK and rest assure you will have no more fear in your heart.

BRAVE ON!
Yes bro we same boat..i quit my precious job cos i work in stat board..during the period of also try very hard to contain the debts without anyone knowing..weekend i drive taxi 15hrs a day just to pay all the loan.

My advice is they they threaten u to disturb yr workplace let it be.worse case quit n find a new job..don't let them suck u dry
Old 22-06-2018, 05:05 PM   #1222

Bros and sisters,do not be gullible to think that by paying the LS,it will end the problem. Instead, it will be the beginning of your long term nightmare. Hence bite the bullet,have a short term pain and it will be over.
Do not bring more pain to your family by feeding the LS with your hard earn money. One day when you look back, this is just a hiccup in your life. Fear no more and just move forward with your life.
sonnet23 likes this.
Old 22-06-2018, 07:11 PM   #1223

Bros and sisters,do not be gullible to think that by paying the LS,it will end the problem. Instead, it will be the beginning of your long term nightmare. Hence bite the bullet,have a short term pain and it will be over.
Do not bring more pain to your family by feeding the LS with your hard earn money. One day when you look back, this is just a hiccup in your life. Fear no more and just move forward with your life.
I heard Rocky IV soundtrack in the background while reading this. Very inspiring.
Old 22-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #1224

UPDATE:

So Ah Long did contact my NOK again, asking about me/my friend. My NOK demanded payment to release my/my friend's whereabouts with the kind of profound confidence afforded only by someone whose address is not known to criminals.

I won't go into detail, but my NOK convinced him that he would split the money I/my friend owe him with the ah long if he found me/my friend. It involved a charming conversation in Hokkien, a couple of ambiguous pictures of me/my friend and a few fake screenshots. Ah long said he would check with his boss and when he didn't respond after a few hours, we thought we had been caught, so we lost interest. Nobody is that stupid.

We were wrong! He is that stupid! So now my NOK has an additional 500$ in his bank account as deposit to look for me/my friend. Didn't even ask for his details. Legit just transferred money as payment. Granted, it wasn't as much as what we demanded, but it's going behind the pub like the first one.

INPUT PLEASE.
Old 22-06-2018, 11:21 PM   #1225

UPDATE:

So Ah Long did contact my NOK again, asking about me/my friend. My NOK demanded payment to release my/my friend's whereabouts with the kind of profound confidence afforded only by someone whose address is not known to criminals.

I won't go into detail, but my NOK convinced him that he would split the money I/my friend owe him with the ah long if he found me/my friend. It involved a charming conversation in Hokkien, a couple of ambiguous pictures of me/my friend and a few fake screenshots. Ah long said he would check with his boss and when he didn't respond after a few hours, we thought we had been caught, so we lost interest. Nobody is that stupid.

We were wrong! He is that stupid! So now my NOK has an additional 500$ in his bank account as deposit to look for me/my friend. Didn't even ask for his details. Legit just transferred money as payment. Granted, it wasn't as much as what we demanded, but it's going behind the pub like the first one.

INPUT PLEASE.
Hahaha yr ah long is really stupid...but be careful bro..sometimes they will do things without thinking lo
Old 23-06-2018, 01:19 AM   #1226

UPDATE:

INPUT PLEASE.
Seriously.. This Ahlong from where ah??But they deserve this.. Good job. For once.. Someone has done it.. "Throw the cake in their face"
Old 23-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #1227

ehhh al might be reading this...so be safe...
sonnet23 likes this.
Old 23-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #1228

Take abt $600 pay $900. But some ppl want to make full payment but the AL keep delaying till the due date then give account number but cannot make full only can make $300 thn the borrower keep insisting want to make full payment. The AL say canít cos account full. Thn was to check with AL Got any interest or any extra charges he say no. Today pay the remaining balance of $600 hopefully everything clears

Last edited by Crabx321; 23-06-2018 at 01:02 PM..
Old 23-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #1229

Take abt $600 pay $900. But some ppl want to make full payment but the AL keep delaying till the due date then give account number but cannot make full only can make $300 thn the borrower keep insisting want to make full payment. The AL say canít cos account full. Thn was to check with AL Got any interest or any extra charges he say no. Today pay the remaining balance of $600 hopefully everything clears
Ur ah long will definitely ask u deferred again.... Will very last min give u account number so u can't make it on time then will tell u it's not counted.... So ended up u will pay more and more.....

Last edited by Louis0902; 23-06-2018 at 01:26 PM..
Old 23-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #1230

He said ytd only can paid $300 cos account full. I told him would like to clear. Does the WhatsApp conversation count as black and white?

Ur ah long will definitely ask u deferred again.... Will very last min give u account number so u can't make it on time then will tell u it's not counted.... So ended up u will pay more and more.....
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.