Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Reaction score
Does it look like runner harassment have been lesser since this outbreak. I read the latest arrest of suspected runner was like 5 days ago.

He strike victim on 30th March, arrested on same day after our SPF did an excellent ground work.

Would-be runners, aka loanshark victims, take heed of this exanple.

Good job SPF.

Most of the loan scammers are Malaysian. When Malaysia lockdown on 16 Mar 2020, most of them cannot come in Singapore.
Rest assure the harassment will even lessen during the one month lockdown here in our homeland. Cheerz!

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
Most of the loan scammers are Malaysian. When Malaysia lockdown on 16 Mar 2020, most of them cannot come in Singapore.
Rest assure the harassment will even lessen during the one month lockdown here in our homeland. Cheerz!

Lockdown doesn't mean they can't run their "operations" here. They just use their hp without even require to step out from their room in Malaysia. Only victims in Malaysia gets some needed rest from the runners during this lockdown.

They don't need to enter Singapore. Most can use our sim card from Malaysia to find new "customers" or do their harassment work. They can even use devices to spoof the hp numbers to look like local numbers. They are con artist.

They have no balls to come and operate here due to easily getting arrested. Their backside is too tender for our Rotan (Cane). All their trash talk is that.... trash. It's only us victims who think they will come after us at home. And they want us to believe that.

They find people to do the runner job just to so-call "remind" us BUT how many times can they keep paying people to act as runners especially if victims only owe a small amount?

Even runners also they recruit via this virtual way.

Even the money transfers is via online. So I doubt they need to cross border to operate and carry back the money by hand.

Doesn't it make us wonder why we are afraid of their threats when even they themselves don't dare step their foot on our soil?

Last edited:

mahjong saint

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that it's tough times and many people may suffer paycut or retrenchment, if you are one of those, seek help from proper channel and dun ever fall into the trap of borrowing from ah longs

thegoldenone

Reaction score
Now that it's tough times and many people may suffer paycut or retrenchment, if you are one of those, seek help from proper channel and dun ever fall into the trap of borrowing from ah longs

Today I’ve learnt that my stupidity knows no boundaries and I have managed to overcome my own fup limits and beyond.
I got talked into get 2 test loan from UML and naively thought that I could actually get a loan from them. I am so sick of myself right now and I truly don’t know how to feel about myself now.
I have just blocked all their known contacts so far but I am pretty sure they will contact my nok which I also stupidly provided. I have implicated so many people that my existence itself is a bane to everyone around me. I dont stay with my parents, our relationship was always and still is rocky. I guess there is no return now. My landlord is an old lady. I'm afraid for her safety now. Both my neighbours on left and right have CCTV installed. If my landlord's house gets sprayed, I will definitely be asked to leave. I really do not wish to leave this area. I am so perplexed right now....
Sigh... I truly don't know how to face people right now. I am nothing but a fool...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Today I’ve learnt that my stupidity knows no boundaries and I have managed to overcome my own fup limits and beyond.
I got talked into get 2 test loan from UML and naively thought that I could actually get a loan from them. I am so sick of myself right now and I truly don’t know how to feel about myself now.
I have just blocked all their known contacts so far but I am pretty sure they will contact my nok which I also stupidly provided. I have implicated so many people that my existence itself is a bane to everyone around me. I dont stay with my parents, our relationship was always and still is rocky. I guess there is no return now. My landlord is an old lady. I'm afraid for her safety now. Both my neighbours on left and right have CCTV installed. If my landlord's house gets sprayed, I will definitely be asked to leave. I really do not wish to leave this area. I am so perplexed right now....
Sigh... I truly don't know how to face people right now. I am nothing but a fool...

Hello! You have been scammed, you are a victim.

Take the upper hand, explain to people who could be harassed or impacted before the impact hits them.

Report to the police and show them the report. If ever see any suspicious people, don't hesitate to call 999. But as you know by now, the main fear is in your head. Be strong!

green72

Reaction score

Nothing is over yet. You are just scammed. Fight this together with us here.

Don't continue to fooled by them. If you have not paid the test, then don't. That act of transferring will implicate you with the law. I always emphasize this part. If you do, then stop paying further.

Enough that the scammers have put you through all this.

Like JusticeLeague said,you must inform those numbers that you gave to the scammers. Their reaction might vary but it's better than they find out themselves. Not fair for them and it's better that they are prepared for it.

For many this part informing and confessing to owners of those numbers they gave is the toughest action as compared to the whole lists of things they need to do. The harassment itself ranks lower.

Last edited:

yktan87

Reaction score
Account frozen by police due to loanshark

hi bros, my posb account was frozen last 2 weeks.. found out is freezed by police..

Went down to bedok HQ to meet the recorder(not IO) with bank statements and recorded statement, I realised that I was reported by another victim cos I saw a police report on the table from another party reporting my bank acc num during the initial transfer.. :(
After recording, the recorder just ask me go home wait for phone call..

Just checking if any of you had the same issue and roughly how long it takes for the case to clear? My salary and monies all inside that bank.. T_T

Vsosos

Reaction score
Hi all,please help me.I wanted to cancel my loan after trial loan but he asked to pay $200 first and he will cancel for me a week later when I pay $600 to cancel. However, he keep asking me to defer with reason like he is not in sg so he cannot cancel my loan.I have told him that will be my last deferment last week as I have paid for 3 weeks deferment but he still claimed that he cannot come back sg so ask for deferment again.I thought is a licensed company when enquired loan and I just want to settle it. I really dunno what to do as
I can't pay for deferment anymore.

Reaction score
Hi all,please help me.I wanted to cancel my loan after trial loan but he asked to pay $200 first and he will cancel for me a week later when I pay $600 to cancel. However, he keep asking me to defer with reason like he is not in sg so he cannot cancel my loan.I have told him that will be my last deferment last week as I have paid for 3 weeks deferment but he still claimed that he cannot come back sg so ask for deferment again.I thought is a licensed company when enquired loan and I just want to settle it. I really dunno what to do as

STOP PAYING and Report Police as soon as possible. This is a scam. Block all their numbers and report their bank account to the police. Cancel your bank acc asap too!

The golden rule here is STOP PAYING. If you keep on paying.. they will just ask for more. Only when u stop paying, block them, report police.. u will soon get back to normal life. Good luck!

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score
@yktan87, if only you came here earlier.

@Vsosos, read yktan87 situation. Stop paying already. Hope you don't get implicated like yktan87.

Vsosos, please read past few pages to understand.

Better to face the UML rather than the law.

Last edited:

yktan87

Reaction score
I managed to cut off ties with the ah long by using personal method to trace their IP address and the phone they using, locating them at china.. then i follow by texting them that if they dont bother me, I wont do anything and everyone live peacefully.
If they kachiao me, I gonna to release their location to police and them using samsung note 4..
then i immediately block the phone number.

After 10 mins, the ah long called me using another number and say them wont kachiao me anymore and ask me how i trace their phone and location even when they use vpn..

u can try above method but dont know works for other ah long anot..

yktan87

Reaction score
Rule of thumb is that if you had already paid them principal and more than enough, you can stop paying alrdy.. if you havent even pay back principal and try to run away, then u gotta be careful..

green72

Reaction score
Rule of thumb is that if you had already paid them principal and more than enough, you can stop paying alrdy.. if you havent even pay back principal and try to run away, then u gotta be careful..
Rule of thumb is

1. Do not pay a single cent. Even the principal
2. Make Police Report
3. Close bank account
4. Change phone number.
5. Close all social media acc.
6. Inform NOK and Employer
7. Install CCTV
8. Inform I/O when harassment happen.Also 999.
9. Continue to ghost on them.

Paying in full does NOT guarantee they will stop. Many have been continue to be harassed after paying multiple times above the principal.

The above steps ensure you get your life back.

yktan87, your next step is you need someone as your bailor. Most likely you need a lawyer. Go scroll back, there was one poster like your situation.

Don't advise victims to pay. They'll end up like you.

Last edited:
Reaction score

THE RULE OF THUMB IS NOT TO PAY A SINGLE CENT AND MAKE YOURSELVES UNCONTACTABLE FROM THOSE AH LONG OR SCAMMERS.
BLOCK ALL OF THEM!

Reaction score
I managed to cut off ties with the ah long by using personal method to trace their IP address and the phone they using, locating them at china.. then i follow by texting them that if they dont bother me, I wont do anything and everyone live peacefully.
If they kachiao me, I gonna to release their location to police and them using samsung note 4..
then i immediately block the phone number.

After 10 mins, the ah long called me using another number and say them wont kachiao me anymore and ask me how i trace their phone and location even when they use vpn..

u can try above method but dont know works for other ah long anot..

Sure or not?

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score

I hope by now you have went to the police.
Please go report to the police if you haven't done so.
Then go close your bank account (POSB/DBS) can do so online takes only a few minutes.
Its going to be bit troublesome to reorganise any GIRO and payroll but it's better than to let the scammers use your account then get frozen by the authorities.

Inform your NOK and bosses about being scammed. Face it don't hide it, no point one.

Install Cctv first then go TC to apply for permit. I wrote in to my MP about expediting my request and was done within 3 days.

Install call blocker on your phone and just delete, Block, report all of their WhatsApp numbers, after a while they will run out of numbers to call you.
Best if you can, change number.

Lastly, don't scare yourself, these scammers are hiding in Malaysia. They cannot do much apart from sending you threatening messages, send you videos of house kena splash paint and burned which they keep mass sending to many people they want to scare.

Their operations are small time and they are not persistent people.
If worse case they come to your house, take video and scare you, hopefully your camera is in place can capture and call 999 then inform your IO.

That was how the stupid young runner who came video my door was caught almost within the hour.

MOST IMPORTANTLY STOP PAYING THEM.
Paying them means emboldening them and funding their kachang puteh operation.

Do all the above, sleep well, eat well, Netflix and chill.

Vsosos

Reaction score
I hope by now you have went to the police.
Please go report to the police if you haven't done so.
Then go close your bank account (POSB/DBS) can do so online takes only a few minutes.
Its going to be bit troublesome to reorganise any GIRO and payroll but it's better than to let the scammers use your account then get frozen by the authorities.

Inform your NOK and bosses about being scammed. Face it don't hide it, no point one.

Install Cctv first then go TC to apply for permit. I wrote in to my MP about expediting my request and was done within 3 days.

Install call blocker on your phone and just delete, Block, report all of their WhatsApp numbers, after a while they will run out of numbers to call you.
Best if you can, change number.

Lastly, don't scare yourself, these scammers are hiding in Malaysia. They cannot do much apart from sending you threatening messages, send you videos of house kena splash paint and burned which they keep mass sending to many people they want to scare.

Their operations are small time and they are not persistent people.
If worse case they come to your house, take video and scare you, hopefully your camera is in place can capture and call 999 then inform your IO.

That was how the stupid young runner who came video my door was caught almost within the hour.

MOST IMPORTANTLY STOP PAYING THEM.
Paying them means emboldening them and funding their kachang puteh operation.

Do all the above, sleep well, eat well, Netflix and chill.

Hi thanks for all the advice. Yesterday I have told him that no matter what was his reason, last week was my last deferment. I can't keep waiting for him to come back and settle. There isn't any reply from him since yesterday. I will report to police if he still asking for deferment again.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.