Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score
Hi thanks for all the advice. Yesterday I have told him that no matter what was his reason, last week was my last deferment. I can't keep waiting for him to come back and settle. There isn't any reply from him since yesterday. I will report to police if he still asking for deferment again.

Still contact them for what?!!
Stop all communications, Block them off already.
Don't wait for them to harass you then go police... Too late...

green72

Reaction score
All victims. Pls heed our advice.

We are here to help you like many who have help us.

Understand what we are telling you. Stop negotiating with them. The more you communicate back and forth with them, the longer they will harass you. They care nothing of your threats as our SPF cannot literally arrest them.

But we can hurt them by making them poor.

Stop paying. Stop communicating. They won't let you go even if you totally pay them. They have no code of conduct.

They are playing with you with all the defers. Get that in your senses.

green72

Reaction score
Hi thanks for all the advice. Yesterday I have told him that no matter what was his reason, last week was my last deferment. I can't keep waiting for him to come back and settle. There isn't any reply from him since yesterday. I will report to police if he still asking for deferment again.

Please understand that victims who transfer money as payment to the UML will be investigated and charged in court for abetting with the UML with illegal money transfers.

You are lucky if other victims don't report your account to SPF.

Any victims reading this think it's still wise to pay?

Last edited:

Vsosos

Reaction score
Please understand that victims who transfer money as payment to the UML will be investigated and charged in court for abetting with the UML with illegal money transfers.

You are lucky if other victims don't report your account to SPF.

Any victims reading this think it's still wise to pay?

Thanks all again. I was too naive to trust them but now I won't pay anymore.

Reaction score
I managed to cut off ties with the ah long by using personal method to trace their IP address and the phone they using, locating them at china.. then i follow by texting them that if they dont bother me, I wont do anything and everyone live peacefully.
If they kachiao me, I gonna to release their location to police and them using samsung note 4..
then i immediately block the phone number.

After 10 mins, the ah long called me using another number and say them wont kachiao me anymore and ask me how i trace their phone and location even when they use vpn..

u can try above method but dont know works for other ah long anot..

You should report the info to the police regardless. Can you send us a link how to do this?

Deeptrouble

Reaction score
hi bros, my posb account was frozen last 2 weeks.. found out is freezed by police..

Went down to bedok HQ to meet the recorder(not IO) with bank statements and recorded statement, I realised that I was reported by another victim cos I saw a police report on the table from another party reporting my bank acc num during the initial transfer.. :(
After recording, the recorder just ask me go home wait for phone call..

Just checking if any of you had the same issue and roughly how long it takes for the case to clear? My salary and monies all inside that bank.. T_T

After the IO is convinced that you are not UML and you are a victim, the IO will write a report and ask you to sign. The IO will submit this report to the court to obtain a court order to instruct the bank to uplift your account. After the IO get the court order from the cour, the IP will post the letter to the bank. After receive the court order, the bank will unfreeze your account.

In my case, it took close to 4 weeks.

yktan87

Reaction score
After the IO is convinced that you are not UML and you are a victim, the IO will write a report and ask you to sign. The IO will submit this report to the court to obtain a court order to instruct the bank to uplift your account. After the IO get the court order from the cour, the IP will post the letter to the bank. After receive the court order, the bank will unfreeze your account.

Thanks bro for the valuable info!!!

yktan87

Reaction score
hmm.. I am software engineer so it might be abit difficult for non-IT ppl.

I created a fake website and ask the UML to click it when they ask for deferment payment. when they clicked it, it will show error page, then apologies say that u upload the receipt to the web but not working
e.g. http://xxx.com/payment-receipt

After they click from their mobile phone, I am able to get their real IP address and mobile phone model from my hosting server log (IIS).

Sample of the log:
2020-03-24 07:48:56 192.168.0.166 GET /favicon.ico - 9088 - 119.56.105.230 Mozilla/5.0+(Linux;+Android+9;+SM-G965F)+AppleWebKit/537.36+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/80.0.3987.149+Mobile+Safari/537.36 500 19 3 27

Mobile phone model: SM-G965F
IP : 119.56.105.230

Then go to IP Tracker website: https://www.ip-tracker.org/ to find out their proximity location..

Later you need to trick them to say that you got hacker friend alrdy know their location and the mobile phone they using is xxx.
you wont report to police if they drop the issue. otherwise, if all their bank account and mobile phone banned, dont come and find me..
immediately block them.. dont give them chance to create more fear to you, then the ball is in your hand alrdy..

btw, i reported to police the ipaddress but they wont do anything one, cos spf no power over crime located in foreign country.. we, the victims, are the one suffering instead of the mastermind..

yktan87

Reaction score

Did you keep calling the IO to check the status so that they will process faster? haha.. I called the IO and he told me that he will submit the statement to his supervisor for review then call me down to sign.. the process may take 2-3 months..

Reaction score

I created a fake website and ask the UML to click it when they ask for deferment payment. when they clicked it, it will show error page, then apologies say that u upload the receipt to the web but not working
e.g. http://xxx.com/payment-receipt

After they click from their mobile phone, I am able to get their real IP address and mobile phone model from my hosting server log (IIS).

Sample of the log:
2020-03-24 07:48:56 192.168.0.166 GET /favicon.ico - 9088 - 119.56.105.230 Mozilla/5.0+(Linux;+Android+9;+SM-G965F)+AppleWebKit/537.36+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/80.0.3987.149+Mobile+Safari/537.36 500 19 3 27

Mobile phone model: SM-G965F
IP : 119.56.105.230

Then go to IP Tracker website: https://www.ip-tracker.org/ to find out their proximity location..

Later you need to trick them to say that you got hacker friend alrdy know their location and the mobile phone they using is xxx.
you wont report to police if they drop the issue. otherwise, if all their bank account and mobile phone banned, dont come and find me..
immediately block them.. dont give them chance to create more fear to you, then the ball is in your hand alrdy..

btw, i reported to police the ipaddress but they wont do anything one, cos spf no power over crime located in foreign country.. we, the victims, are the one suffering instead of the mastermind..

Good idea. I feel the way to stop them is to block all calls, SMS and Whatsapp messages from them, this also need IT work to enable.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
Hi!

I have decided today after a letting out the truth to my spouse that I have been borrowing from loan sharks. She was devastated and furious at first but I reasoned out with her that by coming clean and reporting to the police was the best way out. I have read through many of the post in this forum and that make me have the courage to stop paying the loan sharks and make a police report.

I had borrowed from 3 loansharks. The 1st 2 are straightforward take a loan of $1500 and make a weekly payment of $500 x 4 weeks.

The other one is the tricky one take loan of $1800 and make weekly payment of $360 until i have a full $1800 to clear.

Everything snowballed and times are bad now so there is no way I would be able to make any more payments.

Cut the story short. Police report filed and an IO was assigned. Instructed me to change my phone number, install CCTV and STOP payment immediately. Which I did. i have payments pending and whilst my phone did not ring, they started harrassing my next of kins. I had to let the truth out and told them for now to block any unknown numbers and change hp numbers. I updated my IO and still waiting for their next course of action by the police. I am shaking in fear now. Not knowing what to expect. Maybe some positive outcomes from those who had experienced this willing to share. Will they also call my office or go to my workplace?

yktan87

Reaction score
Hi!

I have decided today after a letting out the truth to my spouse that I have been borrowing from loan sharks. She was devastated and furious at first but I reasoned out with her that by coming clean and reporting to the police was the best way out. I have read through many of the post in this forum and that make me have the courage to stop paying the loan sharks and make a police report.

I had borrowed from 3 loansharks. The 1st 2 are straightforward take a loan of $1500 and make a weekly payment of $500 x 4 weeks.

The other one is the tricky one take loan of $1800 and make weekly payment of $360 until i have a full $1800 to clear.

Everything snowballed and times are bad now so there is no way I would be able to make any more payments.

Cut the story short. Police report filed and an IO was assigned. Instructed me to change my phone number, install CCTV and STOP payment immediately. Which I did. i have payments pending and whilst my phone did not ring, they started harrassing my next of kins. I had to let the truth out and told them for now to block any unknown numbers and change hp numbers. I updated my IO and still waiting for their next course of action by the police. I am shaking in fear now. Not knowing what to expect. Maybe some positive outcomes from those who had experienced this willing to share. Will they also call my office or go to my workplace?

they wont go to your workplace, this i can 100% cfm.. at most they call your ofc which make u lose your job..
just plan for worst case lor.. if lose job, go look for new one.. get help from CCS or worst case, declare bankrupt which is common nowadays.. look at bright side, lose job can still get grant for covid funds..

The ah long are not in SG de.. splash paint all these, not ah long themselves do de.. they pay(i.e. expensive) runner to do for them.. anyway, runner nowadays also sibei scared, cos if kana caught, the punishment super severe.. gt CCTV outside ur hse, the runner cfm scared.. so.. just block and ignore.. hse phone juz turn off..

green72

Reaction score
@InADilemma01,

You did the right thing by not paying and all the other things you did.

If your office is closed due the "circuit breaker", consider it as a blessing. If not, please do report it to your immediate superior.No choice. Last step really.

We normal people will have a couple of sleepless nights waiting for something to happen during this period. But actually, as long as we have SPF, no need to worry.

Seriously, they can try to scare you only by sending runner.

Since you have a CCTV, please don't wait for anything to happen but prepare to call 999 if they comes.

Don't hesitate, Don't freeze.

Runner come to humiliate and/or scare only. They also scared in case get caught red handed.

So in essence, you inside house scared, they outside your house also scared while doing their "job". I and most victims where scared too back then. But think back now, a waste of my energy worrying.

If caught, the runner confirm 3 strokes cane. Doesn't matter if only paste debtor note.

Install Police@SG app. It shows you the number of your nearest NPC. Can call them too if you see suspicious character outside.

Last edited:

green72

Reaction score

I created a fake website and ask the UML to click it when they ask for deferment payment.

I believe not all UML as stupid as this?

To defer usually they only provide bank account to transfer and date line. Show screenshot of receipt later.

Their greed blinds them, I guess.

Last edited:

yktan87

Reaction score
I believe not all UML as stupid as this?

To defer usually they only provide bank account to transfer and date line. Show screenshot of receipt later.

Their greed blinds them, I guess.

Yea.. if the url put in like .com/trf-receipt, they will click to see what it is..

InADilemma01

Reaction score
@InADilemma01,

You did the right thing by not paying and all the other things you did.

If your office is closed due the "circuit breaker", consider it as a blessing. If not, please do report it to your immediate superior.No choice. Last step really.

We normal people will have a couple of sleepless nights waiting for something to happen during this period. But actually, as long as we have SPF, no need to worry.

Seriously, they can try to scare you only by sending runner.

Since you have a CCTV, please don't wait for anything to happen but prepare to call 999 if they comes.

Don't hesitate, Don't freeze.

Runner come to humiliate and/or scare only. They also scared in case get caught red handed.

So in essence, you inside house scared, they outside your house also scared while doing their "job". I and most victims where scared too back then. But think back now, a waste of my energy worrying.

If caught, the runner confirm 3 strokes cane. Doesn't matter if only paste debtor note.

Install Police@SG app. It shows you the number of your nearest NPC. Can call them too if you see suspicious character outside.

Thank you for giving this assurance. Any idea how long the UML will deploy these scare tactics?

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score
Thank you for giving this assurance. Any idea how long the UML will deploy these scare tactics?

These people are not very resourceful or persistent. Just stop paying, cut off all communications, if can change phone number, change bank account.

Install cctv most important.
Anyway if you choose not to change number, then once in a while will have one of them call you or message you ask if you need loan or not.
Or they may try their luck in scaring you again lo.
Nothing a call blocker app cannot settle though.

Just got to ride it out.

InADilemma01

Reaction score
These people are not very resourceful or persistent. Just stop paying, cut off all communications, if can change phone number, change bank account.

Install cctv most important.
Anyway if you choose not to change number, then once in a while will have one of them call you or message you ask if you need loan or not.
Or they may try their luck in scaring you again lo.
Nothing a call blocker app cannot settle though.

Just got to ride it out.
Thank you for the info, an update, no harassments up till now... Yet. Fingers crossed. Maybe cos of circuit breaker they will stick out like sore thumbs. Anyways, any ideas if they will stop harassing the nok? I have told them to block the numbers and also reject any unknown numbers.

green72

Reaction score
Usually once you ghost on them at the point the dateline expires, within hours they may start to harass your NOK and office numbers.

It will be continuous for up to a few days or so before they engage "volunteer" to harass your house.

Mine was sent runner first, 3 hours after dateline expire to rattle my nerves b4 harassing my NOK and Office next 2 days.

Once they sent their runners and still fail to contact you, can consider their mission is a failure. They won't keep paying ppl to do their illegal errand.

For mine, they gave up because of the ghosting tactic within a week. I wouldn't know if they attempt to contact me further as I remain uncontactable. It's been more than a year now. Cannot contact me, cannot harass me. Simple.

Install the Call blocker app on your NOK hp. A bane for the UML.

PS: I never tfr a single cent to them. Their loss. If ALL victims like me they will close shop already.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.