HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2019, 05:31 PM   #1531

Police can't protect you 24/7. So we must stand up and protect ourselves and you're doing great now and follow all the step to get out of this ordeal.

Like many people in the forum have said,they cannot do any form of physical harm unto you. You need to bear with the mental harassment at the time being and once you give in to the fear,they will keep squeezing you.
agree canít protect 24/7. Anymore victims here had been harrassing free from those LS for years ? Really hope those harassing will end soon . Already receive love letter splash paint threaten burn my house already. But I never once give in and pay them at all .
Unluckyperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:48 PM   #1532

Hi,
Contacted IO this morning but not in.
Leave message, till now still no news.
No know what to do.
Thank you.
Just wait for the I.O to contact you.

Be relax and don't be in panic mode at this moment.

Stay strong.

Last edited by Iamsostress; 09-12-2019 at 08:42 PM..
Iamsostress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:17 PM   #1533

Police can't protect you 24/7. So we must stand up and protect ourselves and you're doing great now and follow all the step to get out of this ordeal.

Like many people in the forum have said,they cannot do any form of physical harm unto you. You need to bear with the mental harassment at the time being and once you give in to the fear,they will keep squeezing you.
hi all I just receive updated news that the runner was caught 2 days ago . Will they get a strict punishment ? Is it a chance for my family to start afresh?
Unluckyperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #1534

Then you have nothing to worry already. Just don’t go and borrow anymore. If the UML lose one runner meaning they lose one more person to pay them back. Now you can relax a bit.

hi all I just receive updated news that the runner was caught 2 days ago . Will they get a strict punishment ? Is it a chance for my family to start afresh?
OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #1535

hi all I just receive updated news that the runner was caught 2 days ago . Will they gret a strict punishment ? Is it a chance for my family to start afresh?
Nobody here can predict when the LS runners would strike again.

Instead of worrying when they will carried out their next harassment why don't you live your life as normal and start your new life afresh.

Acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment, first-time offenders may be fined between S$5,000 and S$50,000, jailed up to 5 years and caned.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:45 PM   #1536

And for those who assist UML in their business in the form of providing their bank account to them will be Fine between $30,000 and $300,000; Imprisonment for a term of up to four years; and Caning of up to six strokes.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/160-maids-and-foreign-workers-repatriated-since-october-for-borrowing-from-loansharks

For for those with work pass.. penalty as shown in the link above

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 11-12-2019 at 10:57 PM..
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 07:16 PM   #1537

Hi. I need help with ah long. My loans with them has spiralled to over 40k now. I owe about 8 ah longs. I need advice cause it's affecting my family life. My mom already refused to talk to me. Any advise?
So far only harrass through phone.
Ejenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 11:42 PM   #1538

Hi. I need help with ah long. My loans with them has spiralled to over 40k now. I owe about 8 ah longs. I need advice cause it's affecting my family life. My mom already refused to talk to me. Any advise?
1. STOP paying the loan sharks as their main job is to squeeze as much money as they can from you.You got to stop paying them and make police report asap.

2. Be upfront with your next of kins and offices. Tell them about your involvement with the loans sharks,whether you had borrowed from them or the loan sharks deposits loans without your approval (scam).Your support from NOK and offices are important.

3.You would be worried about the reactions from your NOK and office. Talk to your NOKs and family members or keep a lookout for new job.

4. Change a new number if you can and stop all communications with the loan sharks.Just lie low and wait for the whole issues to calm.

5.You just have to bear with all these harassment and wait for the things to tide over.They may call your neighbours,call your offices.

6. DONT EVER ASSIST THE LOAN SHARKS by giving your atm cards or becoming their runners.

Remember you are not alone and many had come thru all these ah long ordeal.

Last edited by Iamsostress; 13-12-2019 at 11:46 PM..
Old 14-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #1539

1. STOP paying the loan sharks as their main job is to squeeze as much money as they can from you.You got to stop paying them and make police report asap.

2. Be upfront with your next of kins and offices. Tell them about your involvement with the loans sharks,whether you had borrowed from them or the loan sharks deposits loans without your approval (scam).Your support from NOK and offices are important.

3.You would be worried about the reactions from your NOK and office. Talk to your NOKs and family members or keep a lookout for new job.

4. Change a new number if you can and stop all communications with the loan sharks.Just lie low and wait for the whole issues to calm.

5.You just have to bear with all these harassment and wait for the things to tide over.They may call your neighbours,call your offices.

6. DONT EVER ASSIST THE LOAN SHARKS by giving your atm cards or becoming their runners.

Remember you are not alone and many had come thru all these ah long ordeal.
Thanks! I am petrified. Some more my wife is pregnant and I have kids at home. My mom alrd moved out due to stress and fear. I'm digging my own grave. Ah long really can break a family.
Old 14-12-2019, 09:31 AM   #1540

Thanks! I am petrified. Some more my wife is pregnant and I have kids at home. My mom alrd moved out due to stress and fear. I'm digging my own grave. Ah long really can break a family.
Find a Social Services Centre. They are trained cousellors in dealing with loan sharks problems for loan shark victims and they can help you to talk to your NOKs and family members and give them calm.
They will help you talk to your employers and may help to you to retain your job while dealing with the problems. They also have a support group and you can meet and get sharing with a lot people who had loan sharks problems in the past but had overcame them. You will find that YOU ARE NOT ALONE and can see the hope thru them.

If they splashed paint or lock your gate, just report to the police and let the police do their job.
They also dont have an army of runners to do all the harassment with today strict laws around.

Hope will calm you and give you some help on dealing with the loan sharks.

Last edited by Iamsostress; 14-12-2019 at 09:34 AM..
Old 14-12-2019, 12:17 PM   #1541

Please report to police asap.
Stop all contact with the loansharkS. And stop all payments.
Block all their calls and sms/watsapp. Do not read their sms/watsapp.
Approach counsellor for help.
Blessed Grace Social Service
https://www.bgss.org.sg/

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 14-12-2019 at 01:15 PM..
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #1542

thing has happen and there is no turning point... just be brave yourself!

remember you are not the only one!
heLL_b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2019, 03:40 AM   #1543

Donít be scared. Be brave and believe in our SPF.

Stay strong you have us.
arrowhead123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #1544

How are you? Slowly getting out from it or still trapped in there?
Old 16-12-2019, 05:02 PM   #1545

How are you? Slowly getting out from it or still trapped in there?
I did made a police report and blocked their contacts. They threatened to come to my house and create a scene. I'm bracing myself for paint throw and locked gate. I scared only something might happened to my wife and kids while I'm at work.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.