HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2019, 10:40 PM   #1576
Supremacy Member

Some a-holes even call after sms/whatsapp marketing to offer free loans.
Blacklist and block and since then, no more such nonsense.

Rule of thumb: never take up such loans in 1st place.
A Better Tomorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 12:46 AM   #1577

That is correct, even our legal debt collections companies in sg use embarrassment and humiliation as a tactic. It works.

But dont pay the cockroaches. I have been free from their harrassment for close to 2 years now. And I "owed" a lot of money
Hi , u mentioned alot u owe... now 2 years u nvr face harassments.. but in the beginning , do u face difficulties n harassments and all? Pls advise ... yesterday they just splashed...
DepressedDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 01:11 AM   #1578

10 months since my last harassment. I hope all of u doing fine. Dont live in fear.

Stop paying them. I lost my 5 figure job, fiancee and friends. Fell into depression for 4 months. Now slowly back on track.

All these ls talk big only.
Im sorry for what u have gone through. I too went thru somewhat the same thing. Its been a suicidal 4mths and still is.i kept thinking to just die ... Eveyone left u and u cant blame them. Recently i just got splashed , to pay or not.. but a lot of comment threads here says DONT PAY. Im just worried bcos they attacked my old address and the new owner ia really unhappy. Reported police already b4 this happens but it still happened.
Old 21-12-2019, 09:08 AM   #1579

Im sorry for what u have gone through. I too went thru somewhat the same thing. Its been a suicidal 4mths and still is.i kept thinking to just die ... Eveyone left u and u cant blame them. Recently i just got splashed , to pay or not.. but a lot of comment threads here says DONT PAY. Im just worried bcos they attacked my old address and the new owner ia really unhappy. Reported police already b4 this happens but it still happened.
DONT PAY because if you PAY, they will ask for more. And thats an endless payment till u dry.
Thats what happen to my brother. owe them $500 and yet paid near to $30 000. And yet harassments still there and even spray paint and love letters to all neighbours. So why pay?
Why think of suicide? No need to fear of them.
They are all cowards who do thing behind phone. They dont do things or physically harm u. They only mentally harm you.
So be strong and let these ordeal past and it will end very soon. TRUST US ALL HERE! U r not alone, we all gone through this before!
If u need a counsellor, pls look for Blessed Grace Social Service. They are social group that help people with problem with loansharks.

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 21-12-2019 at 09:13 AM..
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #1580

Splashed already and pay for what? Just tell the owner you have been scammed. Don’t be naive. If people spit on your food, you still want to continue eat meh? No right? Move on and save the money for yourself even better.

OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #1581

TO ALL THOSE ARE NEW HERE.
LET ME EMPATHISE THIS AGAIN!
What is “ sms/watsapps loan”?
They are not those traditional loanshark who loan u an amount of money and want you to pay them with huge interest in return. They are scammers who make use of the loanshark tactic to trap u into giving them all your money.
They use threatening methods like harassments, splash paint, lock houses or even sent scary video to scare u to make payment. But they wont do physical harm to u as they wont show up themselves.

Who do the jobs?
The runners are usually those who like u cant make the payments and work for them. They are either paid for or due to out of fear thats why work for them. They will soon get caught and sent to jail as nowadays cctv is everywhere.

Why the account will never be closed?
Your personal information already spread to all the runners by the scammers. U might have already made full payment to the scammers but all those runners will use the same method to haunt u to make payments. And this payments will not go into the boss bank account but to the runners accounts. That is why u received different phone numbers with different bank account for transfer.

How to stop it?
This is pretty simple.
Their methods is using threatening to haunt u to make payment. If u fear, u will make payment. If u not fear and ignore and block all their contact, soon they will give up.

SO BRAVE UP AND LET THEM DO ALL THEY ALL WANT. Make police reports and soon everything will go back to normal again.
joan1974 likes this.
Old 21-12-2019, 11:01 AM   #1582

Now Loan Shark will use #Lalamove apps for their Harassment activities.
They will take order and ask rider to go to the pick up point and knock the door until his "Friend" open the door claiming that they need Rider to collect the item urgently for their work. (The order is COD).

They will only give Postal Code without unit number for pick up location and contact via Whatsapp only.
When reach at Pick up point, they will give the unit number and give all kind if instruction and excuses as to make sure that Rider do what being instructed.

They might also use foodpanda, deliveroo or GrabFood riders to do the harassment activities for them.

Last edited by Iamsostress; 21-12-2019 at 11:08 AM..
Iamsostress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #1583

Exclamation

WAKE UP! The reason why they keep coming after you is because you keep paying. STOP PAYING! STOP PAYING! STOP PAYING! STOP PAYING!

Once they can't squeeze any money from you. They will give up. Every case of harassment, report to the police, you can do online report. Make sure that CCTV is in place to capture the person.

This is not worth dying for, it is a silly scam these people put on you, BE STRONG, stand up and ignore them, their threats, fear tactics will all become meaningless.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2019, 03:29 AM   #1584

Tq all for constant encouragement. Will not submit but definitely not easy. Loosing alot of frens n families due to this issues. Hoping all these would stop. Saw a post from the police website that a harassment happened in cck , the person was caught in rivervale cres. All those cameras really really helped.
Will update once awhile on what's happening. Tq again
Old 24-12-2019, 07:55 AM   #1585

Will they start to come up to house after stop paying ?

It's been 8 days since the loan scam happened , they had been calling up my office and my NOK office after they couldn't find me , i would like to ask when will they come up my house to do anything ??

Last edited by Candyyyy; 24-12-2019 at 08:36 AM..
Candyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #1586

Nobody would know when they would come up. If you never take loan from them, you don’t have to worry. But how they got all the info in the first place?

It's been 8 days since the loan scam happened , they had been calling up my office and my NOK office after they couldn't find me , i would like to ask when will they come up my house to do anything ??
OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2019, 11:06 AM   #1587

Nobody in here could answer to you whether they would come and do any harassment to you so brace up whatever that comes to you at this moment.

Even if they did come and harassed or looked for you please inform your family members or NOK to dial 999 immediately and do not try to start communication or talk to them directly.
Trust in our SPF!
Old 24-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #1588

Nobody would know when they would come up. If you never take loan from them, you don’t have to worry. But how they got all the info in the first place?
Once the victim enquire for the loan thru sms/whatsapps,the LS would need you to submit personal particulars for their so-called office checking which is bull***.
Then your nightmare began.
Old 24-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #1589

Usually for such loan, victims are required to surrender their singpass. And having access to this singpass, your every info will all be exposed.
Old 24-12-2019, 02:34 PM   #1590

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.