HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2020, 05:36 PM   #1996

Most of us that have gone through UML and scammer harassment react almost similar - Hesitation.

Good to those who discover this thread. The longer we hesitate, we give them the window to put their tactics in place.

Act fast and you have fewer sleepless night before it is over.

Because they work indirectly, they cannot physically harm you. But they can messed up with your head until you "zombified" yourself and just follow their instructions.

They don't need to point a gun at your head to take your money. Just harsh words and you crumble. I did, stupid me. Lucky never give them money.

Silly isn't it to believe ALL their threats and harassment which are just false and are lies.

Last edited by green72; 30-03-2020 at 05:40 PM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:51 PM   #1997

Anyone encounter UML suddenly pop up and call and saying that you owe him money? Last week, i receive a call from an obvious same old voice trying to create story and scam. I did the same mistake like most of you guys here, 2 years ago i got into whatever you guys have experience. I went through everything and after around 3 months the harrasment stops. But now 2 years later. Suddenly call my home saying i lend money then i ask which number call you. He mention my old number which i cut 2 years ago. Straight away i dont give him chance already instead of them shouting at me first, i started shouting at him first. Same old threat, this time i dont feel scared because i know i never borrow money or what. So i just machine gun them til they put down the phone. The message im trying to tell you guys is, never be scared of them. If it hits you, block, report, install CCTV. This time im not that same easy target they try to take money from anymore.

Last edited by ahoksteady; 01-04-2020 at 07:54 PM..
ahoksteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:36 PM   #1998

Anyone encounter UML suddenly pop up and call and saying that you owe him money? Last week, i receive a call from an obvious same old voice trying to create story and scam. I did the same mistake like most of you guys here, 2 years ago i got into whatever you guys have experience. I went through everything and after around 3 months the harrasment stops. But now 2 years later. Suddenly call my home saying i lend money then i ask which number call you. He mention my old number which i cut 2 years ago. Straight away i dont give him chance already instead of them shouting at me first, i started shouting at him first. Same old threat, this time i dont feel scared because i know i never borrow money or what. So i just machine gun them til they put down the phone. The message im trying to tell you guys is, never be scared of them. If it hits you, block, report, install CCTV. This time im not that same easy target they try to take money from anymore.
Go ahead and scold them until they don't dare to ever call back!
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:21 PM   #1999

Hi All, I am also a victim of UML harrassament. However, its my maid who borrowed and the UML harrassed my wife. I helped my maid paid off the loan and these scum continue to harrass my wife in the hope of getting more money. These scums, what a pest.
I taunted and talked to the UML and realised that these cowardly scumbags are just overseas operators who will rely on their scared debtors to do the acts of harrassments like painting etc.... Would like to poll this commnunity to see if such a coordinated effort been pulled off on the UMLers. We should hit back at the UMLers.
A coordinated mass borrowing from a single UMLer but without the intention to pay. Its similar to the DDOS (distributed denial of service) attack in the IT world. What is good is that legally, we are not obligated to pay. It will also provide funds for brothers who owe the Legal Money lenders to pay them off and get out of the cycle. Ideally it should work as below:
1) Decide on a single UML. Have commitment from a group of people who would borrow from this single UML and all borrow from him. Of course dont ever pay him.

2) Report to the police on the threatening messsages. The police will help with the investigation and pressure on the UMLer. With so many brothers reporting to the police, they may get more pressure to work on this cell.

3) We all submit photos and messages of harrassers to the police. Can also go MP and pressure to say these scums are endangering our society. This will provide police more evidence and leads as we will become a vast lead provision source for the police.

Such a coordinated attack will:
1) Drain the funds of the cell and also put the cell leader under pressure. UMLers work like a bank. The cell leader will have to take on the bad debts as they are repsonsible for the P/L and the monthly quota. With so many borrowing and not paying, surely he will be kept busy by the “Big Boss” as he may also be suspecting the cell lead is misappropriating funds.. And the police being fed with so much information, he will also be under pressure from the police side.

2) Resources spread thin – if there are so many defaulters ...how to activate so many runners to disturb all people. It costs money to activate these runners, which cause further financial strain to the cell lead.

3) Money for the brothers here to pay off LML. Legally you will need to pay the LML and these LML are also charging steep interests. Might as well pay off these rather than have so many harrassing our asses.

Once police confirm some members are arrested or runners caught, we can move on to another....
Any thoughts?
richard.hz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:37 PM   #2000

richard.hz,

Your idea is a bold one but you have to rule out most victims here as most have moved on after successfully able to stop harassment plus they are in the UML records as "defaulters".

For those who are still bold to join your mission, they must know the consequences of putting their immediate family under duress and harassment.

Yes, we know these UMLs only talk thrash but the experience is harrowing for the rest of the family. Then how to explain to employers which they will confirm harass.

Best is to encourage new victims to just follow steps to stop paying and harassment as what we have told. Teach them what to do so they know they are not a lost cause and there is future ahead of them.

One victim we are able to persuade by taking the steps taken by us and stop paying the UML, can be considered a victory.

Last edited by green72; 04-04-2020 at 04:05 PM..
Old 05-04-2020, 04:52 AM   #2001

Does it look like runner harassment have been lesser since this outbreak. I read the latest arrest of suspected runner was like 5 days ago.

He strike victim on 30th March, arrested on same day after our SPF did an excellent ground work.

Would-be runners, aka loanshark victims, take heed of this exanple.

Good job SPF.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:45 AM   #2002

Does it look like runner harassment have been lesser since this outbreak. I read the latest arrest of suspected runner was like 5 days ago.

He strike victim on 30th March, arrested on same day after our SPF did an excellent ground work.

Would-be runners, aka loanshark victims, take heed of this exanple.

Good job SPF.
Most of the loan scammers are Malaysian. When Malaysia lockdown on 16 Mar 2020, most of them cannot come in Singapore.
Rest assure the harassment will even lessen during the one month lockdown here in our homeland. Cheerz!

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 05-04-2020 at 08:47 AM..
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #2003

Most of the loan scammers are Malaysian. When Malaysia lockdown on 16 Mar 2020, most of them cannot come in Singapore.
Rest assure the harassment will even lessen during the one month lockdown here in our homeland. Cheerz!
Lockdown doesn't mean they can't run their "operations" here. They just use their hp without even require to step out from their room in Malaysia. Only victims in Malaysia gets some needed rest from the runners during this lockdown.

They don't need to enter Singapore. Most can use our sim card from Malaysia to find new "customers" or do their harassment work. They can even use devices to spoof the hp numbers to look like local numbers. They are con artist.

They have no balls to come and operate here due to easily getting arrested. Their backside is too tender for our Rotan (Cane). All their trash talk is that.... trash. It's only us victims who think they will come after us at home. And they want us to believe that.

They find people to do the runner job just to so-call "remind" us BUT how many times can they keep paying people to act as runners especially if victims only owe a small amount?

Even runners also they recruit via this virtual way.

Even the money transfers is via online. So I doubt they need to cross border to operate and carry back the money by hand.

Doesn't it make us wonder why we are afraid of their threats when even they themselves don't dare step their foot on our soil?

Last edited by green72; 05-04-2020 at 09:52 AM..
Old 06-04-2020, 10:29 PM   #2004
Supremacy Member

Now that it's tough times and many people may suffer paycut or retrenchment, if you are one of those, seek help from proper channel and dun ever fall into the trap of borrowing from ah longs
mahjong saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:40 AM   #2005

Now that it's tough times and many people may suffer paycut or retrenchment, if you are one of those, seek help from proper channel and dun ever fall into the trap of borrowing from ah longs
Today I’ve learnt that my stupidity knows no boundaries and I have managed to overcome my own fup limits and beyond.
I got talked into get 2 test loan from UML and naively thought that I could actually get a loan from them. I am so sick of myself right now and I truly don’t know how to feel about myself now.
I have just blocked all their known contacts so far but I am pretty sure they will contact my nok which I also stupidly provided. I have implicated so many people that my existence itself is a bane to everyone around me. I dont stay with my parents, our relationship was always and still is rocky. I guess there is no return now. My landlord is an old lady. I'm afraid for her safety now. Both my neighbours on left and right have CCTV installed. If my landlord's house gets sprayed, I will definitely be asked to leave. I really do not wish to leave this area. I am so perplexed right now....
Sigh... I truly don't know how to face people right now. I am nothing but a fool...

Last edited by thegoldenone; 07-04-2020 at 03:53 AM..
thegoldenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:00 AM   #2006

Today I’ve learnt that my stupidity knows no boundaries and I have managed to overcome my own fup limits and beyond.
I got talked into get 2 test loan from UML and naively thought that I could actually get a loan from them. I am so sick of myself right now and I truly don’t know how to feel about myself now.
I have just blocked all their known contacts so far but I am pretty sure they will contact my nok which I also stupidly provided. I have implicated so many people that my existence itself is a bane to everyone around me. I dont stay with my parents, our relationship was always and still is rocky. I guess there is no return now. My landlord is an old lady. I'm afraid for her safety now. Both my neighbours on left and right have CCTV installed. If my landlord's house gets sprayed, I will definitely be asked to leave. I really do not wish to leave this area. I am so perplexed right now....
Sigh... I truly don't know how to face people right now. I am nothing but a fool...
Hello! You have been scammed, you are a victim.

Take the upper hand, explain to people who could be harassed or impacted before the impact hits them.

Report to the police and show them the report. If ever see any suspicious people, don't hesitate to call 999. But as you know by now, the main fear is in your head. Be strong!
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:13 AM   #2007

Nothing is over yet. You are just scammed. Fight this together with us here.

Don't continue to fooled by them. If you have not paid the test, then don't. That act of transferring will implicate you with the law. I always emphasize this part. If you do, then stop paying further.

Enough that the scammers have put you through all this.

Like JusticeLeague said,you must inform those numbers that you gave to the scammers. Their reaction might vary but it's better than they find out themselves. Not fair for them and it's better that they are prepared for it.

For many this part informing and confessing to owners of those numbers they gave is the toughest action as compared to the whole lists of things they need to do. The harassment itself ranks lower.

Last edited by green72; 07-04-2020 at 07:24 AM..
Old 07-04-2020, 04:48 PM   #2008

Account frozen by police due to loanshark

hi bros, my posb account was frozen last 2 weeks.. found out is freezed by police..

Went down to bedok HQ to meet the recorder(not IO) with bank statements and recorded statement, I realised that I was reported by another victim cos I saw a police report on the table from another party reporting my bank acc num during the initial transfer..
After recording, the recorder just ask me go home wait for phone call..

Just checking if any of you had the same issue and roughly how long it takes for the case to clear? My salary and monies all inside that bank.. T_T
yktan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:17 PM   #2009

Hi all,please help me.I wanted to cancel my loan after trial loan but he asked to pay $200 first and he will cancel for me a week later when I pay $600 to cancel. However, he keep asking me to defer with reason like he is not in sg so he cannot cancel my loan.I have told him that will be my last deferment last week as I have paid for 3 weeks deferment but he still claimed that he cannot come back sg so ask for deferment again.I thought is a licensed company when enquired loan and I just want to settle it. I really dunno what to do as
I can't pay for deferment anymore.
Vsosos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #2010
Supremacy Member

Hikvision or dahua if got budget. 2Mp to 4mp ok. Tamper proof.
got website link?
coutuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.