HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2020, 09:09 PM   #2056

Most likely 1 runner per UML if not from same group.

Sending runners isn't FOC for them. It costs them.

Just be prepared. We know the uncertainty is stressful.
Also i notice a distinct pattern of UML... They will give some kind of code against their name. Is it if the codes are similar they come from the same "boss"????
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:56 PM   #2057

How do i be prepared???! Another runner was spotted walking by my unit and looks like taking video when he realised that we were home and staring at him. I updated the IO but so far no response from him other then sending another unit to my address... This time round managed to take more description of the runner. Hope they can take a look at the police cctv at the staircase landing and lifts.
You are already prepared. Just continue to report and call SPF.

Sometimes we feel that our I/O need to keep us updated 24/7. My advise is to not pester them. Let them investigate. I know it feels like nothing is done.

Anyway, today is Sat. He might be off work. I never get to talk to my I/O at all, always busy out of office. But he promptly reply my emails. So we communicated that way.

Anyway maybe the 2 guys from your recent incidents might not be runners.

Until the UML start harassing you then investigation will step up a notch. SPF don't want to waste resources until motive is proven.

I know you prefer SPF to arrest the suspects but until harassment happens, they are considered innocent, unless they are stop by SPF at your premises and questioned. Runners are feeling nervous too, remember that.

Continue to report and call SPF. Remember, SPF are on our side. Give them time. Have patience.

Last edited by green72; 11-04-2020 at 10:11 PM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 10:56 PM   #2058

You are already prepared. Just continue to report and call SPF.

Sometimes we feel that our I/O need to keep us updated 24/7. My advise is to not pester them. Let them investigate. I know it feels like nothing is done.

Anyway, today is Sat. He might be off work. I never get to talk to my I/O at all, always busy out of office. But he promptly reply my emails. So we communicated that way.

Anyway maybe the 2 guys from your recent incidents might not be runners.

Until the UML start harassing you then investigation will step up a notch. SPF don't want to waste resources until motive is proven.

I know you prefer SPF to arrest the suspects but until harassment happens, they are considered innocent, unless they are stop by SPF at your premises and questioned. Runners are feeling nervous too, remember that.

Continue to report and call SPF. Remember, SPF are on our side. Give them time. Have patience.

A suspicious character pressed my doorbell today
Old 13-04-2020, 06:31 AM   #2059

A suspicious character pressed my doorbell today
Anything happened? Review your CCTV footage.
Old 13-04-2020, 08:10 AM   #2060

Anything happened? Review your CCTV footage.
Managed to inform police... Cant reveal too much details here. What if uml is also scanning thru this forum
Old 13-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #2061

Managed to inform police... Cant reveal too much details here. What if uml is also scanning thru this forum
Yes, never give specific details. You also don't need to narrate exact time of event if it can lead any lurking UML of yours in this thread.

And yes, assume they also read posts here. But our prevention steps seems solid.
Old 13-04-2020, 08:37 PM   #2062

Yes, never give specific details. You also don't need to narrate exact time of event if it can lead any lurking UML of yours in this thread.

And yes, assume they also read posts here. But our prevention steps seems solid.
So far so good. Added one more CCTV so both sides covered. Also bought cloud service to save CCTV. Now SPF more frequent in patrolling even in the wee hours. But maybe also cos of CB to warn public not to loiter unnecessarily. Could be a blessing in disguise.
Old 14-04-2020, 12:26 AM   #2063

So far so good. Added one more CCTV so both sides covered. Also bought cloud service to save CCTV. Now SPF more frequent in patrolling even in the wee hours. But maybe also cos of CB to warn public not to loiter unnecessarily. Could be a blessing in disguise.
It's their SOP to patrol at anytime of the day and any frequency at your place as SPF deemed it is required now based on your case. Don't think because of CB.

And don't have to mention here a what time or frequency they patrol. Let them have the element of surprise in case Ah long following this thread.

I too observed these patrols for my case. Rest easy now since got "Big Brother" helping you watch your outside home security.

Just stay vigilant.

Last edited by green72; 14-04-2020 at 12:31 AM..
Old 14-04-2020, 01:44 AM   #2064

It's their SOP to patrol at anytime of the day and any frequency at your place as SPF deemed it is required now based on your case. Don't think because of CB.

And don't have to mention here a what time or frequency they patrol. Let them have the element of surprise in case Ah long following this thread.

I too observed these patrols for my case. Rest easy now since got "Big Brother" helping you watch your outside home security.

Just stay vigilant.
Think so too... Thank you. Will update when there is more
Old 15-04-2020, 11:15 PM   #2065

Hi, did they really come to splash your house even though there are cameras around? Did you install a CCTV to record all these?
Yup they did but at that point I didn have cctv yet. But there cctv at the lift and stairs. But yeah ever since I put up cctv, theres been zero contact from them. Well I shall not jinx it but I hope cctv should be enough already.
Bestisyettocome123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 11:08 AM   #2066

Loan Shark Ordered Food Delivery For a Debtor & Left the $800 Bills Hanging.

This is an old tactic (report never indicate date, could be old news). Firstly, victims shouldn't pay. Let the food delivery revert back to the persons ordering and suggest they make police report. Victims should also make a police report.

These UMLs are making innocent and honest businesses lose money by doing this.

Food and delivery businesses should review their ordering procedures to prevent such thing from happening. For example, Mcdonalds having some sort of 2FA to prevent false ordering.

Best is to have NO COD payment for amounts more than $10-20. Even then, victims shouldn't pay.

ALL food and delivery establishments must report to SPF with such incidents. Must further tighten the noose around this UMLs harassment practice.

Last edited by green72; 16-04-2020 at 11:13 AM..
Old 16-04-2020, 12:13 PM   #2067

Loan Shark Ordered Food Delivery For a Debtor & Left the $800 Bills Hanging.

This is an old tactic (report never indicate date, could be old news). Firstly, victims shouldn't pay. Let the food delivery revert back to the persons ordering and suggest they make police report. Victims should also make a police report.

These UMLs are making innocent and honest businesses lose money by doing this.

Food and delivery businesses should review their ordering procedures to prevent such thing from happening. For example, Mcdonalds having some sort of 2FA to prevent false ordering.

Best is to have NO COD payment for amounts more than $10-20. Even then, victims shouldn't pay.

ALL food and delivery establishments must report to SPF with such incidents. Must further tighten the noose around this UMLs harassment practice.
I think now they are resorting to get freelance runner desperate for job to come up to units on the pretext of being sent by MOM to check on SHN... Once door open ask to answer a call by the UML. Most of these freelancers arent even aware of what they are doing which makes it difficult to decide whether to report or not. But IO advised to just report and SPF will handle the case
Old 16-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #2068

I think now they are resorting to get freelance runner desperate for job to come up to units on the pretext of being sent by MOM to check on SHN... Once door open ask to answer a call by the UML. Most of these freelancers arent even aware of what they are doing which makes it difficult to decide whether to report or not. But IO advised to just report and SPF will handle the case
From what I've learned so far for the past 1 year, runners consists of 2 types of people.

1. The un-informed students/unemployed/foreign workers enticed to easy money through online adverts.

2. UML victims offered deferment by doing such jobs.

The unlucky Food & Delivery companies sometimes are also caught in between.

I think more than 90% of UML are overseas and there isn't a local based ones with full time runners. SPF is always on the look-out for local ones and easier for them to chop the head to cease all operations.

These UMLs will use the mentality that they are local-based to scare victims using so-called local +65 numbers and runners.Easily fooling us to believe they are a threat to us and our family. That tactic always works for new victims, always.

So All runners mention above don't have towkays per se to report to. All are "contract" basis with no actual ties to the UML.

If any of you currently are under UML harassment, just ignore answering the door. 50% chance they are runners pretending to be govt officials. Anyway, you have the right not to open the door unless it's a police officer.

Last edited by green72; 16-04-2020 at 03:25 PM..
Old 16-04-2020, 04:57 PM   #2069

From what I've learned so far for the past 1 year, runners consists of 2 types of people.

1. The un-informed students/unemployed/foreign workers enticed to easy money through online adverts.

2. UML victims offered deferment by doing such jobs.

The unlucky Food & Delivery companies sometimes are also caught in between.

I think more than 90% of UML are overseas and there isn't a local based ones with full time runners. SPF is always on the look-out for local ones and easier for them to chop the head to cease all operations.

These UMLs will use the mentality that they are local-based to scare victims using so-called local +65 numbers and runners.Easily fooling us to believe they are a threat to us and our family. That tactic always works for new victims, always.

So All runners mention above don't have towkays per se to report to. All are "contract" basis with no actual ties to the UML.

If any of you currently are under UML harassment, just ignore answering the door. 50% chance they are runners pretending to be govt officials. Anyway, you have the right not to open the door unless it's a police officer.
Anyway just to share with effect from yesterday, 15th April 2020, all local calls will not have the "+" prefix in front of the numbers.

So anything that shows up with a "+" are all foreign numbers, even if it is "+65".

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/new-way-to-help-consumers-spot-overseas-spoof-calls
IwanttokillUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 08:50 PM   #2070

Anyway just to share with effect from yesterday, 15th April 2020, all local calls will not have the "+" prefix in front of the numbers.

So anything that shows up with a "+" are all foreign numbers, even if it is "+65".

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/new-way-to-help-consumers-spot-overseas-spoof-calls
Tested and true enough, no +65 calling my NOK. Yet another avenue slam shut against number spoofing.

But with anything technology, they will find a way one day. But for now, rejoice the peace.

Everyone can set to block numbers with + prefix on their hp if they don't want unknown callers.

I hope spam SMS is next. Anyway, those on Samsung Android HP used to be able to block SMS based on certain keyword like "loan". Since a few software updates late last year, this Godsend feature was removed.

SMS is one entry point UML use to hook victims using false adverts. If only Govt where to force telcos to eradicate this out, many scams can be prevented.

Last edited by green72; 16-04-2020 at 08:53 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.