HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2020, 01:33 AM   #2071

loan shark texted me saying he is willing to return me the money he has scammed me, provided i support his business. I guess loan sharks are hit badly by covid19 and getting scammed themselves too haha
thegoldenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #2072

loan shark texted me saying he is willing to return me the money he has scammed me, provided i support his business. I guess loan sharks are hit badly by covid19 and getting scammed themselves too haha
Stay vigilant.

Scammers will exploit this COVID-19 situation for those who are financial affected.

Also, expect them to return with a vengeance to collect their dues. I hope many small fry UML will disappear.

Our opportunity to kill them off by not paying.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 09:11 AM   #2073

My spouse got into a loan scam. Wanted to clear some loan and replied to this advert via WhatsApp. Person said can take, so he said he will transfer $700 but after 5 days must transfer back. Something like test loan.

So, after that we decided no to proceed and we want to return back the money that was deposited. When we ask for the account number, he kept delaying said he's busy.

So we panicked and went to make a police report immediately. Police said just ignore. We also call the bank to reverse back the transaction.

Then next day after not replying to any of the messages, that's when all the harassment starts.

1. AL WhatsApp call us non-stop, threatening us with messages, send us pictures door being splashed with paint, door being burnt.
2. Start to screenshots our family photos.
3. Since my spouse listed me as NOK, the AL start to WhatsApp me the same thing!

I broke down real hard. Got a panic attack. After we managed to maintain our composure, we did the following.

1. Made a police report. One at a police post, one via online (coz panic after receiving threats about our family), call 999 after receiving a photo of our front door. (AL already sent a runner) Police came to take down statement and we show them all the messages and pictures being sent via WhatsApp.
2. Call the bank to reverse the amount back. Then we will close the account. (Still pending!!)
3. Installing CCTV today
4. Already blocked all their numbers
5. Change number
6. Already informed workplace since my spouse gave his office number
7. Already deleted social media account
8. Already informed my next door neighbor

Am I on the right track?? Anything else that I need to do? I'm still worried and a bit scared Coz the money is still in the bank, pending for a reversed transfer. Will they call my spouse office since we're already ghost them. They have my spouse NRIC details.

Still having sleepless nights.

Last edited by pop.is.stress; 22-04-2020 at 09:17 AM..
pop.is.stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #2074

My spouse got into a loan scam. Wanted to clear some loan and replied to this advert via WhatsApp. Person said can take, so he said he will transfer $700 but after 5 days must transfer back. Something like test loan.

So, after that we decided no to proceed and we want to return back the money that was deposited. When we ask for the account number, he kept delaying said he's busy.

So we panicked and went to make a police report immediately. Police said just ignore. We also call the bank to reverse back the transaction.

Then next day after not replying to any of the messages, that's when all the harassment starts.

1. AL WhatsApp call us non-stop, threatening us with messages, send us pictures door being splashed with paint, door being burnt.
2. Start to screenshots our family photos.
3. Since my spouse listed me as NOK, the AL start to WhatsApp me the same thing!

I broke down real hard. Got a panic attack. After we managed to maintain our composure, we did the following.

1. Made a police report. One at a police post, one via online (coz panic after receiving threats about our family), call 999 after receiving a photo of our front door. (AL already sent a runner) Police came to take down statement and we show them all the messages and pictures being sent via WhatsApp.
2. Call the bank to reverse the amount back. Then we will close the account. (Still pending!!)
3. Installing CCTV today
4. Already blocked all their numbers
5. Change number
6. Already informed workplace since my spouse gave his office number
7. Already deleted social media account
8. Already informed my next door neighbor

Am I on the right track?? Anything else that I need to do? I'm still worried and a bit scared Coz the money is still in the bank, pending for a reversed transfer. Will they call my spouse office since we're already ghost them. They have my spouse NRIC details.

Still having sleepless nights.
You did everything right. Calling and harassing her office is their next and maybe final move.

Your wife have to inform her immediate boss. Just report as scam. Show police report. Inform her immediate superior to expect harassment calls, make police report if harassed as instructed by her investigating officer. Don't let her co. help to nego with AL.

About bank reversing the amount, sometimes it just doesn't happen. Just close and open new account after a few months. AL won't put more money in and since report has been made, considered the bank account is "clean". You can either keep the money there or use it to offset the CCTV purchase. The law never state you cannot use the money. Just don't ownself transfer back to AL. That is a crime.

Last edited by green72; 22-04-2020 at 09:32 AM..
Old 22-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #2075

Thank much. Felt calmer now. But sometimes feel a bit paranoid. Yes, the AL gave us another account number to transfer but we ignore him.

You did everything right. Calling and harassing her office is their next and maybe final move.

Your wife have to inform her immediate boss. Just report as scam. Show police report. Inform her immediate superior to expect harassment calls, make police report if harassed as instructed by her investigating officer. Don't let her co. help to nego with AL.

About bank reversing the amount, sometimes it just doesn't happen. Just close and open new account after a few months. AL won't put more money in and since report has been made, considered the bank account is "clean". You can either keep the money there or use it to offset the CCTV purchase. The law never state you cannot use the money. Just don't ownself transfer back to AL. That is a crime.
pop.is.stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #2076

Hi all, just to update on my case. It's been about a week plus and only receive some msg for the first few days since I ignoring their msg. So far no sound no video, I won't let my guard down but hope they have give up.

Last edited by Vsosos; 22-04-2020 at 06:16 PM..
Vsosos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 08:46 PM   #2077

Hi all, just to update on my case. It's been about a week plus and only receive some msg for the first few days since I ignoring their msg. So far no sound no video, I won't let my guard down but hope they have give up.
Hi,
I've been in the exact same situation as you. But I've return everything that I've owed them. They keep wanting me to defer every week giving all sorts of reasons. Today is the first day I've ghost them. Blocking every number that added me in WhatsApp. Do they really sent people up to your house?
Gerrard171192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 09:13 PM   #2078

Hi,
I've been in the exact same situation as you. But I've return everything that I've owed them. They keep wanting me to defer every week giving all sorts of reasons. Today is the first day I've ghost them. Blocking every number that added me in WhatsApp. Do they really sent people up to your house?
Hi so far nothing happen, not sure is it because of CB or he give up already. Btw, I didn't block him so can keep track on the days of harassment but just ignore his msg and try not to show online status. Have u deactivated/private all social media? Have u inform ur NOK not to pick up any unknown number? U and ur NOK have to ghost them together and please report to police as well. Just file an online report in case if anything happen.

Last edited by Vsosos; 22-04-2020 at 09:17 PM..
Old 22-04-2020, 09:15 PM   #2079

Hi so far nothing happen, not sure is it because of CB or he give up already. Btw,I didn't block him so can keep track on the days of harassment but just ignore his msg and try not to show online status.
You didn't block him? Does he will send you threatening message? Or call anyone you knows? No threatening photos or videos? Have you cleared your debt?
Old 22-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #2080

You didn't block him? Does he will send you threatening message? Or call anyone you knows? No threatening photos or videos? Have you cleared your debt?
No, he didn't send anything but only the first few days when I started to ghost him. No photo or video also. Only my NOK received some unknown number call with weird number but didn't pick up. I didn't borrow from them and just want to cancel my loan after the so-called trial loan but he keep asking me to defer only.
Old 22-04-2020, 09:46 PM   #2081

Loan sharks using food delivery services to harass debtors, police warn -CNA

For those still currently being harassed, do note some UML resorting to this OLD tactic. I pity the food delivery guys doing honest living. Food outlets must refrain from using COD as mode of payment.

Today I found out 1 restaurant outlet using 1 of the 3 main food delivery service, only accept COD even though my account accepts CC and other modes of payment. These food outlets are usually the ones used by UML. They need to change or don't provide delivery service.

On your part, no need to scold the delivery guy. Just tell him report to police and on your part inform I/O and also make police report. Online report will do, no need go down station.

Let's react in a rationale manner and render this harassment tactic to no effect. Make UML think harder how to harass. All their tactics will fail.

Last edited by green72; 22-04-2020 at 10:19 PM..
Old 22-04-2020, 10:27 PM   #2082

No, he didn't send anything but only the first few days when I started to ghost him. No photo or video also. Only my NOK received some unknown number call with weird number but didn't pick up. I didn't borrow from them and just want to cancel my loan after the so-called trial loan but he keep asking me to defer only.
After you ghost him, how many days did he harass you until they decided to stop calling? In just afraid that they really will send someone up. And yupp, I received unknown calls to my NOK. but ignore and stopped.but I'm not sure if tomorrow they will start calling again or come up to harass.
Old 22-04-2020, 11:20 PM   #2083

After you ghost him, how many days did he harass you until they decided to stop calling? In just afraid that they really will send someone up. And yupp, I received unknown calls to my NOK. but ignore and stopped.but I'm not sure if tomorrow they will start calling again or come up to harass.
They stopped after 3-4days. Based on the past 700++ pages that i've read from here, they won't dare to come up, only sending runner if your amount is big. Just need to be more alert to your surroundings and check any cctv around your area. Install cctv if you still worry about it.
Old 23-04-2020, 12:17 AM   #2084

Hi all,

Pls advice, was recently into a loan scam.
Produce my personal details to him and realize they are UML. Rejected the loan. But money still came in.
Paid the cleared amount the next day. But i think that wont be enough so i simply block their contact. Now they have started their harassing tricks. Already block their contact. Inform NOK.inform office. Close acc. Police report made. I guess i just have to wait a few days more to see what is going to happen.
Didicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2020, 01:15 AM   #2085

They stopped after 3-4days. Based on the past 700++ pages that i've read from here, they won't dare to come up, only sending runner if your amount is big. Just need to be more alert to your surroundings and check any cctv around your area. Install cctv if you still worry about it.
I do not have any cctv installed as there are police cctv installed every lifts and staircase landing. Oh. So they only harass by texting and calling you for 3 to 4 days and stop? Because I have already cleared what I suppose to pay them. They just keep wanting me to defer. I'm worried next week they will call me again as the system will show up that I've not cleared.

Meaning to say they will only sent runner if you owe them big amount and did not pay up? Because mine was only 800 and I paid all. And you read the whole forum? That's insane..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.