HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #196

Mine few years ago already. From a few thousand and they can add interest until rolled to 30k over. I never even borrow that much and paid until I couldnít pay anymore. So I stopped. House was splashed and neighbours received letters. But they understand my case because my late wife got cancer and I was working 3 jobs. They even offered to stay vigilant at that time if they see any suspicious character.

You should make a police report so they can send more patrol to your area. CCTV would be the best.

I used to worry that they would hurt my children or scared I lose face. Then I realised I was more afraid that my children go hungry. So that was when I stopped paying them and they threatened. I just be more fierce than them and asked them come. Like they send one, I will beat one.

Mine not even in the thousands. And I have already cleared what they forced loan me. I really pray hard they just let it go. Since Iím no longer contactable. I know I have to stand strong and brave up. This forum really is a outlet for me to feel that Iím not the only one. And we are a community.
boyseakingforhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:04 PM   #197

Hi all. My next question is. Are they real LS/ULM or are they loan scammers? I received a Whatsapp blast message. Not Carousell. Everything was communicated through WhatsApp. And for those experiences ppl in this forum. Can you tell me the difference between them?
Old 06-08-2019, 12:10 PM   #198

If ur local... U should... Its not a criminal act to inquire...
If ur a foreign worker.... U should think about it as ur permit is at stake.

Nope I haven. Am still thinking if I should.
klasikcocacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #199

Anything is possible bro. They are all one synidicate I think. If you borrow from one, then a lot will start to send you texts. To them, you are good leg then they will usually tell their partners to contact you.

Hi all. My next question is. Are they real LS/ULM or are they loan scammers? I received a Whatsapp blast message. Not Carousell. Everything was communicated through WhatsApp. And for those experiences ppl in this forum. Can you tell me the difference between them?
OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:43 PM   #200

Ls

I just make a police report today against them as they try to threaten me etc. And even show me video of them burning house. But the video can be found online. And also they send my address to another guy asking him to print 300 flyers and distribute around my area. You all think they will really do it?
Koojime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:20 PM   #201

For all information, this LS use this Otp method I delay and ask you to pay more fees. Initially ask for deposits as loan amount is big then say not enough so ask for 60months admin fees. But got reduce to 12 month. Make already say the otp exceed 20mins and complain I jam the system. Ask for $1,650 to unjam their system
Koojime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:21 PM   #202

if they do, so what? they are criminals.
install cctv, change number and bank acct and life goes on.
polarinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:40 PM   #203

Well, i've got an update too.

Few days back, i got a forced loan into my account. Since previously i had encountered this, I basically did the usual steps i.e. ignored, closed account, withdrew the money and handed over to police etc.

But here's the escalation; im not sure how they did it but they got hold of my address (could be from previous incident a few years back) and sent someone to my home just now. Luckily or unluckily, my parents were at home and when the runner demanded and said that his boss wanted his money back, my parents denied. He went off and didnt do anything

I went to make a report and while at the station, i got a message with a photo of my block, unit and one of my mum at our front gate.

This is some eff-ed up escalation. So i told the police and they told me to install a camera. I just wrote in to my MP as well.

I'll update if anything else happens
RavenKing80sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 08:29 PM   #204

If they do that, that guy will be considered as runner and don’t worry, bro. Cctv will capture the person.

I just make a police report today against them as they try to threaten me etc. And even show me video of them burning house. But the video can be found online. And also they send my address to another guy asking him to print 300 flyers and distribute around my area. You all think they will really do it?
Old 06-08-2019, 08:31 PM   #205

This is their tactics. You ignore them will do. Install cctv is the best way now

Well, i've got an update too.

Few days back, i got a forced loan into my account. Since previously i had encountered this, I basically did the usual steps i.e. ignored, closed account, withdrew the money and handed over to police etc.

But here's the escalation; im not sure how they did it but they got hold of my address (could be from previous incident a few years back) and sent someone to my home just now. Luckily or unluckily, my parents were at home and when the runner demanded and said that his boss wanted his money back, my parents denied. He went off and didnt do anything

I went to make a report and while at the station, i got a message with a photo of my block, unit and one of my mum at our front gate.

This is some eff-ed up escalation. So i told the police and they told me to install a camera. I just wrote in to my MP as well.

I'll update if anything else happens
Old 07-08-2019, 09:04 AM   #206

Today's loanshark method to make you pay up is only empty intimidation.

Only via calls or send runner to splash paint.

They cannot actually physically hurt you, only mess with your head. Remember, they are scared of getting caught too.

Installing CCTV is godsend.Why wait, install now.

Your only way to revenge is not to payback. Many here tried to pay up and it never ends. End up also finally decide not to pay.

Why try not to pay in the first instance?

I don't condone you borrow from them but make them lose money. Don't pay, don't return it. Seek help from Police for protection. The loanshark cannot touch you.

Last edited by green72; 07-08-2019 at 09:12 AM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #207

Today's loanshark method to make you pay up is only empty intimidation.

Only via calls or send runner to splash paint.

They cannot actually physically hurt you, only mess with your head. Remember, they are scared of getting caught too.

Installing CCTV is godsend.Why wait, install now.

Your only way to revenge is not to payback. Many here tried to pay up and it never ends. End up also finally decide not to pay.

Why try not to pay in the first instance?

I don't condone you borrow from them but make them lose money. Don't pay, don't return it. Seek help from Police for protection. The loanshark cannot touch you.
May I ask do they only Whatsapp call you. Or they also uses regular mobile phone numbers to call you as well? Because from what I read. Mostly they will only Whatsapp call you because they are usually overseas based. But I got a few unknown local number calling me.
Which brings me to my second question. Are they locally based than?

Please advise me. Today marks the start of 3rd day.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:28 PM   #208

From my experience... I did receive calls from non whatsapp.... Call from local landline numbers... Just ignore unknown callers... It will die down soon....

Todays marks my 7th day..... So far still as per routine... Calls whatsapp txt calls ... Just ignore..

May I ask do they only Whatsapp call you. Or they also uses regular mobile phone numbers to call you as well? Because from what I read. Mostly they will only Whatsapp call you because they are usually overseas based. But I got a few unknown local number calling me.
Which brings me to my second question. Are they locally based than?

Please advise me. Today marks the start of 3rd day.
klasikcocacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 05:39 PM   #209

From my experience... I did receive calls from non whatsapp.... Call from local landline numbers... Just ignore unknown callers... It will die down soon....

Todays marks my 7th day..... So far still as per routine... Calls whatsapp txt calls ... Just ignore..
Mind sharing your side of story? How long where you in it? And today marks the 7th day of your mia?
Old 07-08-2019, 06:49 PM   #210

Did you receive any locks at your gates? Or NOK got calls? Or any form of harassment?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.