Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

NeedAdvicePls

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping to get some advice from you guys.

Weeks ago, i was approached by someone on whatsapp who happen to know my name, still no idea how, claiming to be from LML i used previously. However, he has 'broken out' and is starting his own business claiming many customers have started supporting him. After turning him down a few times, i relented as i needed some urgent cash.

I proceeded to send him my IC and payslip as 'document proof'. The initial amount requested for $AK but upon receiving $2AA transfer from 3 different accounts, i felt suspicious and requested it to stop immediately, which he did. We then discussed and came to an agreement that i will return $AAA with slight interest after he refused to accept me returning the same amount at that point. The agreement was 1 month later from the date of receiving it. There was no issue for a couple of weeks until 1 week plus back he requested me to make a $AA payment to a specific account. I did so and i confirmed with him that the outstanding out be $AAA to be paid on the one month of receiving the initial amount. He asked for the same amount just this monday and i clarified that was the initial arrangement. He said no, this $AA is merely 'deferment', technically if i pay $AA for the rest of my life, i won't be able to clear this debt. So i asked for a 'clearance payment' which he arrived at $AAA which is over 200% more than received amount

I did so even though i knew there was a risk of him coming back for more, but i did it because i felt he would have gotten more than what he provided initially.

I made a police report on the same night and was advised to close my account and change my mobile. First few days was fine (no sound), but today he texted using another number requesting for payment AGAIN despite clearing it. I ignored and blocked, updated my IO about it.

Part of his whatsapp image he sent across showed a facebook post of my IC with my occupation claiming i took a loan from his 'company' and refused to pay, he proceeded to claim he will share my address (which i'm not sure if he did OR if the post was photoshopped) He also called my home landline claiming to be someone from my workplace.

I understand from reading all the posts, i should be ignoring and ghosting them. IS THERE ANY ADDITIONAL ADVICE FROM YOU GUYS?

Hi, following this. I haven’t heard from them but they somehow managed to find my residential line and called on 2 separate occasions spread by a couple of weeks.

Both times, it displayed as ‘overseas’ on my residential caller ID but I’m wondering if that can be faked? Like how WhatsApp does so?

What should I do?

pls_help_me

Reaction score
Hi, following this. I haven’t heard from them but they somehow managed to find my residential line and called on 2 separate occasions spread by a couple of weeks.

Both times, it displayed as ‘overseas’ on my residential caller ID but I’m wondering if that can be faked? Like how WhatsApp does so?

What should I do?

They most likely spoofed their numbers or they are calling from malaysia/china

Reaction score

What should I do?

You should read the last 20 pages of this thread and if you still don't find an answer, let us know.

Meanwhile, remember not to pay, no matter what threats they throw at you.

Last edited:

Suitelife11

Reaction score
My IO suddenly whatsapped me to check if everything is ok at my side and is there any more harrassment.

Good uh. At least your IO still get back to you. For mine physical harassment haven’t occured yet so... my IO just say to ignore the stupid loan scammer text. So he never get back to me.

Suitelife11

Reaction score

What should I do?

Until now I really dk how those scammers can get Singapore residential line... even my IO also not sure how they function de. My block neighbour also get call from them. My parents just tell them the truth when they come to our house and ask them to call police.

Shoniah

Reaction score
Until now I really dk how those scammers can get Singapore residential line... even my IO also not sure how they function de. My block neighbour also get call from them. My parents just tell them the truth when they come to our house and ask them to call police.

The scammers also used no caller id few weeks ago

Suitelife11

Reaction score
So... the loan scammer ask runner to splash paint and lock my door le... even put debtor note say will burn my home... what should I do? I have seen cctv and lodge report le.

pls_help_me

Reaction score
So... the loan scammer ask runner to splash paint and lock my door le... even put debtor note say will burn my home... what should I do? I have seen cctv and lodge report le.

Worse alr happened, just continue ghosting them. tbh i didnt expect loan scammers to splash paint over small amounts from enquiry. Expect the painter to get arrested, u got cctv footage as evidence

If you reply them now, they will say dumb stuff like "wah eh, contact u veri hard, need paint ur hse den u finally call back, now not only 200 le, i want 20000"

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Worse alr happened, just continue ghosting them. tbh i didnt expect loan scammers to splash paint over small amounts from enquiry. Expect the painter to get arrested, u got cctv footage as evidence

If you reply them now, they will say dumb stuff like "wah eh, contact u veri hard, need paint ur hse den u finally call back, now not only 200 le, i want 20000"

Yup. Today going to buy paint to repaint my house door.

Even worse is I never even take money from him and now he want $1200 for the “two guy” that I report their bank account to the police. I tell police about this when they come to break the lock from my gate. Really hope the runner can be caught and cane. I will not be sleeping at night anytime soon.

Shoniah

Reaction score

They only locked mine and my neighbour's gate.
Ever since i installed cctv, they didnt dare to come anymore and police have been patrolling everyday.

They can't be sending runners again and again. Eventually they will give up and go to the next victim.

Shoniah

Reaction score

If one day they are shortage of runners then everyone life will be peaceful

Suitelife11

Reaction score
They only locked mine and my neighbour's gate.
Ever since i installed cctv, they didnt dare to come anymore and police have been patrolling everyday.

They can't be sending runners again and again. Eventually they will give up and go to the next victim.

Nope. I install cctv and the runner still splash. Everything pass to police. Hope can be arrested.

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Wah daring, these people really love to get arrested. Police got patrol ur unit?

IO have get back to me le. With the way the runner splash and put note say will my burn house, I pretty these few weeks will have some police patrol le. I hope. Sigh

Killerwhale168

Reaction score
IO have get back to me le. With the way the runner splash and put note say will my burn house, I pretty these few weeks will have some police patrol le. I hope. Sigh

Since already splash paint the more don't pay them a single cents. I'm sure this is the worst it can get. These scammers stupid also people want to settle peacefully don't want now people even don't want to settle. Buy some hell notes to them. Knn....

Shoniah

Reaction score
Since already splash paint the more don't pay them a single cents. I'm sure this is the worst it can get. These scammers stupid also people want to settle peacefully don't want now people even don't want to settle. Buy some hell notes to them. Knn....

They will eventually get arrested lor. Dunno why they love doing this

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.