HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2020, 02:19 PM   #2101

New update... UML using mailbox to send hoax story to get neighbours to get me to contact the given number. I immediately send to IO the letter and ignored. Right now I am not bothered about my neighbours and get thia over.... Any suggestion on what else to do... Now, no surprise visits as CCTVs are installed. NOK also installed number blockers.
Another old tactic. 1 more old tactic is to find your neighbours home line and harassed them to ask you to pay.

They have no new tactics. All recycle ones.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #2102

Hi, when did that happen to you? Also, did you still owe them any money? Or you have alr paid up?
As I mentioned before, no difference if paid up or still owe. As long as victims starts paying the 1st installment, they are hooked.

So the best is keep the initial money and ghost. The hell raised by them is the same. Paid or not.

Just remember the 1st sms they advertise? Looks good like $150◊24mths. Suddenly first $$$ transfer have to give back more in a week. Where is the affordable installment promise? Then further followed by defer after defer to increase late payment fee.

They are cheating you.

Last edited by green72; 23-04-2020 at 02:27 PM..
Old 23-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #2103

Just recently... Never paid up. Police instructed not to
I believe this is the move all victims must do. On top of not losing money, victims prevent themselves from breaking the law by being money mule.

Same with me. Never returned the 4 digit sum back to the UML. Initial harassment for 2 weeks and none for more than a year until now. Still have sort of PTSD but a lot less now, maybe 5% of the time still anxious if hear foot steps outside but since last year, sleep like a rock at night.

Yes, initially new victims might still be harassed but SPF will protect you.

Last edited by green72; 23-04-2020 at 02:37 PM..
Old 23-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #2104

Another old tactic. 1 more old tactic is to find your neighbours home line and harassed them to ask you to pay.

They have no new tactics. All recycle ones.
So should i do... Need to inform my neighbours?
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2020, 02:38 PM   #2105

So should i do... Need to inform my neighbours?
I did. But they are not targeted. It's up to you. Mine was a good neighbourly spirit. We look out for each other. My cctv also help surveillance their shoes/bicycle kept at corridor.

I felt better after informing them so that they don't have misconceptions.

Last edited by green72; 23-04-2020 at 02:41 PM..
Old 23-04-2020, 02:51 PM   #2106

How did they harass you? Did they come to your house immediately or any point of time?
As of now are just phone calls.
Didicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #2107

I still remember the time my son woke me up from my fear and anxiety by shouting at me that it's the UML tactic to crawl under my skin.

He never saw I was that scared in the whole of his life. Good that he did that. Sort of slap me into reality.
Old 23-04-2020, 05:28 PM   #2108

I did. But they are not targeted. It's up to you. Mine was a good neighbourly spirit. We look out for each other. My cctv also help surveillance their shoes/bicycle kept at corridor.

Now they used a new number and threatened my NOK to leak all my details on social media. I have informed my IO via email and sent him the attachments as well. Right now preparing to face the brunt of massages from social media and tell the truth. Not bothered by the threats anymore. But mentally draining
Old 23-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #2109

I will just inform them if they approach me regarding this

Last edited by InADilemma01; 23-04-2020 at 05:38 PM..
Old 23-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #2110

How did you inform them
Old 23-04-2020, 06:19 PM   #2111

Now they used a new number and threatened my NOK to leak all my details on social media. I have informed my IO via email and sent him the attachments as well. Right now preparing to face the brunt of massages from social media and tell the truth. Not bothered by the threats anymore. But mentally draining
Just hang on bro. You and your NOK just continue to ignore. If whatsapp or sms, just block and report. It's just mind games. I hope you have shut your social media accounts.

If any colleagues where to ask, just say you are scammed and police is investigating. No need to add more.

They will give up. I never heard yet UML will continue try for months if they don't get a single cent. They know it just waste their time.

We know, it is draining to the head. It will soon be over.
Old 23-04-2020, 07:23 PM   #2112

Just hang on bro. You and your NOK just continue to ignore. If whatsapp or sms, just block and report. It's just mind games. I hope you have shut your social media accounts.

If any colleagues where to ask, just say you are scammed and police is investigating. No need to add more.

They will give up. I never heard yet UML will continue try for months if they don't get a single cent. They know it just waste their time.

Hi Green, today is the second day I have ghost them. Weird. I didn't receive any WhatsApp or calls from them already so far for today. Buy my NOK received just one call from a Singapore residential number. Didn't pick up, not sure wheather is it the UML.
Gerrard171192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2020, 07:54 PM   #2113

Ok mate... Thanks for the tips... Already deactivated social media.... I have also informed my IO... Butbno updates from SPF side
Old 23-04-2020, 09:03 PM   #2114

Hi Green, today is the second day I have ghost them. Weird. I didn't receive any WhatsApp or calls from them already so far for today. Buy my NOK received just one call from a Singapore residential number. Didn't pick up, not sure wheather is it the UML.
Good. For next 3-4 weeks and probably longer, don't pick up any unknown numbers.

Best is to install call-blocker app and enable only numbers in your known call list to go thru.

In this way new, unknown and numbers not in your known call list will automatically be disconnect by the app after 1 ring.

You can still checked these blocked numbers using a site "whocallsme" if it's from banks or other govt office number.

I use the call blocker app by Vlad Lee.
Old 24-04-2020, 07:45 PM   #2115

UML started to take their harrassment online on social media. Told the truth to those who asked... Most were understanding about the situation. Made a police report again. I dunno how long this will last, and what more to expect.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.