HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-04-2020, 03:34 PM   #2131

Hopefully it stays that way... My side too.
Can ask how much your loan ? Got clear money ?
Star69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #2132

I got two loans . Clear by 3/5 . Loan 470 clear 680 . 300 clear 450 .
Better not give explicit details... You may never know if the UML is lurking in these pages... Have u reportef to police? Did u pay them? If no, then dont! Change ur hp number, deactivate social media, place cctv outside ur house, inform ur nok to change number or block any unknown numbers.
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 06:19 PM   #2133

Can ask how much your loan ? Got clear money ?
Don't even think about paying. Ride out any harassment and you will be fine. Read the last 20 pages of this forum. Got question, just ask. We are here to help you.
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:55 AM   #2134

Exclamation Loan sharking activity

I'd like to share a recent experience and I would appreciate feedback
I enquired about a 70k loan from one company listed in minlaw website. They asked me for a 20% security deposit which I paid in 2 installments after they said they made a asking quoting the amount. After which they asked me for a 4.2 k fee as service fee which I managed to give them. However, they again asked for a 5k validation fee to transmit the money. At this point I told them that I am cancelling the application and I demanded for a refund which they claimed they already applied for but will only give me in 14 working days. So I left it at that.

I then enquired about a loan from another credit company for 40k this time which i saw in the minlaw website. On enquiry they told me they can give me the money but I have to pay 3.8k as security deposit which will be used to pay off my loan in first 3 months and 2.8k supposedly MAS asked as GST 7%. When I paid for them they came back to me and told me that I need to pay 4k ink as service fee and 4k as validation fee which I also provided. However, when the time that they claim they are disbursing the amount, they demanded for a 6000 transmittal fee from me for the money to be given. At this point I already said to cancel the application again. This time they told me that I need to give them 3800 and 2800 I already paid initially as fee for cancellation or I pay the transmittal fee. I told them I want to cancel and after negotation they agreed that I pay 2.8k which I was already hesitant to give as I am already out of cash. When I started ignoring their calls and blocking them, they then proceeded to send me a message warning them of what they will do like setting my door on fire or splashing paint. They also managed to get my office phone and started calling my entire office and looking for me, something that only stopped when I called them back. This time however, they are now asking me to pay 6600 which was their original fee to cancel the transaction. Do note that I have not signed any contract and there was not money ever remitted to my account. And I have already made my police report today.

I would appreciate any advise
Thanks
ezbitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 01:11 PM   #2135

I enquired about a 70k loan from one company listed in minlaw website. They asked me for a 20% security deposit which I paid in 2 installments after they said they made a asking quoting the amount. After which they asked me for a 4.2 k fee as service fee which I managed to give them. However, they again asked for a 5k validation fee to transmit the money. At this point I told them that I am cancelling the application and I demanded for a refund which they claimed they already applied for but will only give me in 14 working days. So I left it at that.

I then enquired about a loan from another credit company for 40k this time which i saw in the minlaw website. On enquiry they told me they can give me the money but I have to pay 3.8k as security deposit which will be used to pay off my loan in first 3 months and 2.8k supposedly MAS asked as GST 7%. When I paid for them they came back to me and told me that I need to pay 4k ink as service fee and 4k as validation fee which I also provided. However, when the time that they claim they are disbursing the amount, they demanded for a 6000 transmittal fee from me for the money to be given. At this point I already said to cancel the application again. This time they told me that I need to give them 3800 and 2800 I already paid initially as fee for cancellation or I pay the transmittal fee. I told them I want to cancel and after negotation they agreed that I pay 2.8k which I was already hesitant to give as I am already out of cash. When I started ignoring their calls and blocking them, they then proceeded to send me a message warning them of what they will do like setting my door on fire or splashing paint. They also managed to get my office phone and started calling my entire office and looking for me, something that only stopped when I called them back. This time however, they are now asking me to pay 6600 which was their original fee to cancel the transaction. Do note that I have not signed any contract and there was not money ever remitted to my account. And I have already made my police report today.

Thanks

So total how much have u paid them? Did u get any amount after paying all those fees?
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 04:32 PM   #2136

Thanks
Are u sure they are from the minlaw website. Seems like a loan scam to me. You should call your bank and report as scam as well. Inform them of the details eg bank acc u trf too as well as the police report u made.
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:03 AM   #2137

Hi all paiseh very long nvr log in..still see so many victims of ls harrassment..pls fight the ah long..dont be easy meat for.them
Jjlin1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:12 AM   #2138

hi bros, my posb account was frozen last 2 weeks.. found out is freezed by police..

Went down to bedok HQ to meet the recorder(not IO) with bank statements and recorded statement, I realised that I was reported by another victim cos I saw a police report on the table from another party reporting my bank acc num during the initial transfer..
After recording, the recorder just ask me go home wait for phone call..

Just checking if any of you had the same issue and roughly how long it takes for the case to clear? My salary and monies all inside that bank.. T_T

Hi bro, I’m in the same situation as you as my account was reported by another victim, I was also a victim of this domino effect of UML, also to reply to your case, I was told to report to a certain SPF HQ for half a year now. Case just closed recently, and I given a warning due to circumstances.
justarandomchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:19 AM   #2139

Thanks
Wonder u can dig so much money out why u still need a loan lol
koonzlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:08 AM   #2140

Thanks
Wow.. 20% of $70k is $14k. Fee of $4.2k so total $18.2k. Another uml, $3.8k+$2.8k+$4k+$4k=$14.6k . In total u paid $18.2k + $14.6k = $32.8k.U have so much money to let them scammed why u need a loan? 😂
No wonder u r their best target😂

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 05-05-2020 at 10:15 AM..
Old 05-05-2020, 01:44 PM   #2141

Just yesterday I fail into this scam too from social media . Make a online police report regarding this matter.
Advice by the IO, I don’t need to close my bank account just don’t touch the $200 cash deposit by them. Let see how they going to investigate.

Last edited by Adrian87Chua; 05-05-2020 at 07:14 PM..
Adrian87Chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 03:00 PM   #2142

Dear NEW VICTIMS, if you are still thinking that paying off the amount you loan from those UML will stop the harassment from them.. FAT HOPE. If you are still contactable .. u r giving them the chances to harass u further. They are scammer here to squeeze u dry till u bankrupt.. as long as they know u r paying they will get every chance to make u giving them money even u already fully paid them.
So STOP PAYING AND BE UNCONTACTABLE NOW!
We are all people who had been thru all these before.. trust us and u will NO REGRET!
The golden rule here: UNCONTACTABLE, NO PAYING.. u r not their TARGET.
I encounter this issue yesterday. Straight report to police first thing in the morning. Block them. I will wonder what is his step by calling my office or next of kin ?
Old 05-05-2020, 09:08 PM   #2143

Just yesterday I fail into this scam too from social media . Make a online police report regarding this matter.
Advice by the IO, I don’t need to close my bank account just don’t touch the $200 cash deposit by them. Let see how they going to investigate.
Would rather you close the account, as they will "accidently" transfer money to your acc than ask u transfer another account.
Didicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:33 PM   #2144

Would rather you close the account, as they will "accidently" transfer money to your acc than ask u transfer another account.
My IO called me beforehand, advice me not necessary to close the account. I transfer out all my money to another bank. Remain the $200 inside the bank...just send a email to my IO ask him what is the next step.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:55 PM   #2145

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...uit-runners-to

UML new tactics.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.