LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2020, 06:08 PM   #2146

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...uit-runners-to

UML new tactics.
Wonder they got calculate their ROI a not
Adrian87Chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:50 AM   #2147

Wonder they got calculate their ROI a not
Their return sure very promising one. Imagine they employ 5 ppl each $14 per hour. These 5 ppl can harass 5-10 victims each. The victims out of fear usually will paid 5-10 times they owe ( if u dont believe u can read the threads here)
Read the news as well, every year ppl lost millions in loan scams.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:07 AM   #2148
Supremacy Member

Hi everyone, so one of my girl friend also got scammed from those UML, they also sent her 500 and requested 700 in return to "cancel" her loan.

She has ignored their messages and made a police report. Police told her to either go to the bank, request for the funds to be returned then close her acc (take 3 weeks accordingly to bank) or keep the money and close the account and set up a cctv. What would you guys with similar experience suggest her to do?

She is not planning to give them a single more cent than 500 but will the harassment be more severe if she kept the 500 or will returning the 500 then ghost them be overall "better".

If either way they will be harassing then might as well keep the money like the police said but imo of course if the chance can be kept at minimum then why not

return $500 and close the acc

u keep the money, higher chance that they won't let go

u return the money, at least they have no loss, they probably will go on to find other victims

just my opinion
mahjong saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #2149

u return the money, at least they have no loss, they probably will go on to find other victims

just my opinion
Please dont give wrong and falsehood message here. Report police immediately and follow their instruction. Nothing will went wrong.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:20 PM   #2150

Their return sure very promising one. Imagine they employ 5 ppl each $14 per hour. These 5 ppl can harass 5-10 victims each. The victims out of fear usually will paid 5-10 times they owe ( if u dont believe u can read the threads here)
Read the news as well, every year ppl lost millions in loan scams.
I waiting for them to spam me..so far no spam call
Old 07-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #2151

just my opinion
You are either working for them, sympathize with them (UML) or have not experienced being harassed by them.

I and many have not return the money. I just follow my I/O instructions. And I'm fine after the initial harassment. Those who keep entertaining them will drag their suffering.

Please understand, the Act of returning back the money is considered money laundering or you are involved in the loansharking activities from the law's perspective. You will be investigated and possibly charged when other victims report your bank account to Police.

It doesn't matter your intention because the UML will provide another victims account for the transfer, not theirs.. They are not stupid to provide their own personal account.

Returning money also does not guarantee they have settle with you. They will continue to harass to get MORE money. Once they "catch" one victim, they don't easily let go. That's how they earn. They don't follow any gentlemen's code or ethics.

Listen up all victims suffering at the moment. Don't continuously get con by them. Put a stop. Stop paying.

Last edited by green72; 07-05-2020 at 03:30 PM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #2152
Supremacy Member

You are either working for them, sympathize with them (UML) or have not experienced being harassed by them.

I and many have not return the money. I just follow my I/O instructions. And I'm fine after the initial harassment. Those who keep entertaining them will drag their suffering.

Please understand, the Act of returning back the money is considered money laundering or you are involved in the loansharking activities from the law's perspective. You will be investigated and possibly charged when other victims report your bank account to Police.

It doesn't matter your intention because the UML will provide another victims account for the transfer, not theirs.. They are not stupid to provide their own personal account.

Returning money also does not guarantee they have settle with you. They will continue to harass to get MORE money. Once they "catch" one victim, they don't easily let go. That's how they earn. They don't follow any gentlemen's code or ethics.

Listen up all victims suffering at the moment. Don't continuously get con by them. Put a stop. Stop paying.
siao, dun accuse me... i not working for such people nor i sympathise them

having said that, i dun sympathise the victims too (both sides are responsible for the troubles caused)

like i said, it's my opinion.... i won't keep money that are not mine, i prefer to earn it in honest and proper way

nvm, no need explain so much... kthxbye
mahjong saint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:12 PM   #2153

I'd like to share a recent experience and I would appreciate feedback
I enquired about a 70k loan from one company listed in minlaw website. They asked me for a 20% security deposit which I paid in 2 installments after they said they made a asking quoting the amount. After which they asked me for a 4.2 k fee as service fee which I managed to give them. However, they again asked for a 5k validation fee to transmit the money. At this point I told them that I am cancelling the application and I demanded for a refund which they claimed they already applied for but will only give me in 14 working days. So I left it at that.

I then enquired about a loan from another credit company for 40k this time which i saw in the minlaw website. On enquiry they told me they can give me the money but I have to pay 3.8k as security deposit which will be used to pay off my loan in first 3 months and 2.8k supposedly MAS asked as GST 7%. When I paid for them they came back to me and told me that I need to pay 4k ink as service fee and 4k as validation fee which I also provided. However, when the time that they claim they are disbursing the amount, they demanded for a 6000 transmittal fee from me for the money to be given. At this point I already said to cancel the application again. This time they told me that I need to give them 3800 and 2800 I already paid initially as fee for cancellation or I pay the transmittal fee. I told them I want to cancel and after negotation they agreed that I pay 2.8k which I was already hesitant to give as I am already out of cash. When I started ignoring their calls and blocking them, they then proceeded to send me a message warning them of what they will do like setting my door on fire or splashing paint. They also managed to get my office phone and started calling my entire office and looking for me, something that only stopped when I called them back. This time however, they are now asking me to pay 6600 which was their original fee to cancel the transaction. Do note that I have not signed any contract and there was not money ever remitted to my account. And I have already made my police report today.

I would appreciate any advise
Thanks
Report and any harassment, report again.

Can you share the website link you refer to with us?
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:42 AM   #2154

Hi people

Please do not pay if u own any any amt

They will take more and more and sya no account even u want to clear

Or even they pretend to help. You clear another uml and ask for money they aew just faking so please do not help. Or keep transffering bacj.

Best please do not lent

NO MONEY LENDER CAN LENT BY WHATSAPP ONLY GO DOWN TO OFFICE PLEASE
Omgshilife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:21 AM   #2155

i too have troubles with ah longs before, peak time i think i owed about 10 groups of ahlongs.. was abt 6-7 years ago.. i totally ghosted them but my house kena paint 3 times after that no more already...

if you face into financial difficulties please do not look for them.. go to family/bank/ML (licensed) at least if you cant pay still can nego with them.. i have learned it is not me that suffered the most but my loved ones as well.. jia you to anyone facing such issues..
shinyarmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:42 PM   #2156
Supremacy Member

Never ever pay back to loanshark.
For those living in HDB, they are more scare to harass u than u know. Currently there are tons of CCTV in operation all around the place
For those living at condominium, they can't even enter the place, and tons of CCTV too.
and the punishment for loanshark runner is very harsh. Don't be scare if they threaten you initially, most if not all are empty threat.
If everyone don't return them they money, sooner or later they will eventually be out of business.
The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #2157

siao, dun accuse me... i not working for such people nor i sympathise them

having said that, i dun sympathise the victims too (both sides are responsible for the troubles caused)

like i said, it's my opinion.... i won't keep money that are not mine, i prefer to earn it in honest and proper way

nvm, no need explain so much... kthxbye
So don't advise based on your beliefs. Especially about paying back to loanshark.

IT IS COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE.

The money loanshark own don't belong to them. It's an accumulation of lies, cheats and harassments from one victim to another.

I understand we all prefer to earn from honest living. Victims are promised structured loan repayments initially only to be scam and harassed after money is transferred.

Many victims don't even know they are dealing with loansharks. Read this thread from the start if you don't believe me. They thought it was legal money lenders. Only later they realise it. So don't anyhow accuse victims knows who they are dealing with. Loansharks lives a different set of code of conduct. They gain money from immoral ways.

For them losing some is no problem, they know there are many honest carrot heads to slaughter.

NO SYMPATHY FOR THEM FOR THE COUNTLESS LIVES THEY DESTROYED.

I have no qualms to keep their money if they ever transfer to my account again.

Last edited by green72; 08-05-2020 at 03:22 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 03:15 PM   #2158

Never ever pay back to loanshark.
For those living in HDB, they are more scare to harass u than u know. Currently there are tons of CCTV in operation all around the place
For those living at condominium, they can't even enter the place, and tons of CCTV too.
and the punishment for loanshark runner is very harsh. Don't be scare if they threaten you initially, most if not all are empty threat.
If everyone don't return them they money, sooner or later they will eventually be out of business.
Right on.
We know it sounds suicidal and immoral to keep loanshark money. But there is no other way to stop their harassment.

Some think "clearing" their debt with loanshark is the ONLY way to stop harassment. It is NOT. They are CHEATS.

They will try to squeeze MORE money from victims that pay them promptly. So your debt repayment never ends until YOU put a stop to it.

So the faster you act, the less money you lose. It's common victims borrow $1k and end up continue to pay $5k -$10k until they finally realise and stop the stupidity.

The earlier they stop, the earlier all these harassment will end.

DONATE THE MONEY IF YOU THINK IT'S NOT RIGHT TO KEEP OR USE IT.

This thread exist to provide real information. Information to empower them to get their lives back.
The One likes this.

Last edited by green72; 08-05-2020 at 03:21 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 06:00 PM   #2159

Right on.
We know it sounds suicidal and immoral to keep loanshark money. But there is no other way to stop their harassment.

Some think "clearing" their debt with loanshark is the ONLY way to stop harassment. It is NOT. They are CHEATS.

They will try to squeeze MORE money from victims that pay them promptly. So your debt repayment never ends until YOU put a stop to it.

So the faster you act, the less money you lose. It's common victims borrow $1k and end up continue to pay $5k -$10k until they finally realise and stop the stupidity.

The earlier they stop, the earlier all these harassment will end.

DONATE THE MONEY IF YOU THINK IT'S NOT RIGHT TO KEEP OR USE IT.

This thread exist to provide real information. Information to empower them to get their lives back.
I straight block them when I notice they transfer $200. Police report make.
Inform my company and next-of-kin. No choice have to prepare for their spam call next week
Old 09-05-2020, 02:29 AM   #2160

I straight block them when I notice they transfer $200. Police report make.
Inform my company and next-of-kin. No choice have to prepare for their spam call next week
Correct. Just wait it out for their harassment tactic. The faster you take control of the situation the better.

Let them know you know their tactics by ghosting. Not a single thing they can do beyond those phone calls to your office.

Please disable your social media accounts if you have not done so. Other than that consider installing CCTV. Otherwise, you have covered your bases. Just need to ride the storm and your are done.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.