HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2020, 04:16 AM   #2161

Correct. Just wait it out for their harassment tactic. The faster you take control of the situation the better.

Let them know you know their tactics by ghosting. Not a single thing they can do beyond those phone calls to your office.

Please disable your social media accounts if you have not done so. Other than that consider installing CCTV. Otherwise, you have covered your bases. Just need to ride the storm and your are done.
I informed my office I fall into a scam. So should be fine. CCTV not at the moment as my house have dog so if stranger walk past they will bark
Adrian87Chua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 04:18 AM   #2162

Correct. Just wait it out for their harassment tactic. The faster you take control of the situation the better.

Let them know you know their tactics by ghosting. Not a single thing they can do beyond those phone calls to your office.

Please disable your social media accounts if you have not done so. Other than that consider installing CCTV. Otherwise, you have covered your bases. Just need to ride the storm and your are done.
But 1 thing is, when they transferred that time they don’t even call me for the next few days. So eventually they want to wait for a week to start the crap ah ?
Old 09-05-2020, 10:42 PM   #2163

But 1 thing is, when they transferred that time they don’t even call me for the next few days. So eventually they want to wait for a week to start the crap ah ?
That's the issue here. But it's in your favor. After they transfer you the amount you didn't give them any time to stipulate a date/time to payback because you very fast ghost them.

Either way, they will react probably soon. How soon? no idea but soon enough I guess.

Your dog is a good deterrent. Those runners are as skittish as a squirrel. Your dog barking will make them disappear fast.

The situation seems to be in your favor. Anyway it's "only" a small amount. I wonder if they really want to spend the effort to recover from a victim that's impossible to contact for a small amount.

Don't lose sleep over it. Just be ready.

Last edited by green72; 10-05-2020 at 03:36 AM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:30 AM   #2164

They are not an organized groups, they are a crime organisation, taking every opportunity to squeeze money using fear and harassment techniques.

Don't let them get to you, when harassed, file report asap. Their runner will be nailed soon enough..

Get on with you life, don't spend time thinking about it, it's not worth your time.
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #2165

The golden rule here:
1) GHOST THEM. ( for new victims, what it mean is be uncontactable, blocked their call/watsapp/sms. If possible, change your numbers.

2) DO NOT PAY A SINGLE CENT. ( for new victims, if you are thinking of paying them to solve the problem? You are at risk as you are giving them the hints that u r an “ big fish”. More problems will come)

3) REPORT POLICE IMMEDIATELY. ( for new victims, we cannot do anything to prevent them from harassment so let the police do their jobs)

4) GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE. ( Do not spend your time worry about what gonna happen next. What will happen will happen. Just ignore them and endure abit and very soon, your life will back to normal.)
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:08 PM   #2166

The golden rule here:
1) GHOST THEM. ( for new victims, what it mean is be uncontactable, blocked their call/watsapp/sms. If possible, change your numbers.

2) DO NOT PAY A SINGLE CENT. ( for new victims, if you are thinking of paying them to solve the problem? You are at risk as you are giving them the hints that u r an “ big fish”. More problems will come)

3) REPORT POLICE IMMEDIATELY. ( for new victims, we cannot do anything to prevent them from harassment so let the police do their jobs)

4) GO ON WITH YOUR LIFE. ( Do not spend your time worry about what gonna happen next. What will happen will happen. Just ignore them and endure abit and very soon, your life will back to normal.)
Yeahhh ~ I follow your 4 golden points. Can’t be bother with them. As I informed all the parties. My company included. Just hate their crap. Dumb of me never check properly. But well.
Old 10-05-2020, 07:40 PM   #2167

The golden rule here:

They started their spam call liao. All blocked. Good got 1 runner screenshot me the bank transfer with his contact number can make another police report already ~
Old 15-05-2020, 05:44 AM   #2168

Just take a look at this recent UML SMS received.

Since recently, our Govt has implemented local numbers without the +65 prefix when texting or calling local to local numbers.

The number used to SMS clearly shows it's a spoof or overseas number. That's why the UML add his local number in the message.

For those who are oblivious to local law, No banks or Licensed Money Lender can advertised their business via social media, advertisement, whatsapp or sms messages.

If you receive, just block and report. The more people block and report, the less number they can use to bait and scam the financially challenged or oblivious public.
Old 15-05-2020, 07:17 AM   #2169

very good golden rules
PrivacyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 07:53 AM   #2170

Since recently, our Govt has implemented local numbers without the +65 prefix when texting or calling local to local numbers.

The number used to SMS clearly shows it's a spoof or overseas number. That's why the UML add his local number in the message.

For those who are oblivious to local law, No banks or Licensed Money Lender can advertised their business via social media, advertisement, whatsapp or sms messages.

If you receive, just block and report. The more people block and report, the less number they can use to bait and scam the financially challenged or oblivious public.
I just dont understand why people nowadays still thinking those sms loan are from bank or licensed moneylender? It had been reported since 10 years ago that sms loan are either UML or loan scam. I believed most of the victims here know they are UML, they are just desperate or no way out ( bank and LML dont want to lend) thats why they fall in the trap.

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 15-05-2020 at 08:17 AM..
Old 15-05-2020, 12:11 PM   #2171

I just dont understand why people nowadays still thinking those sms loan are from bank or licensed moneylender? It had been reported since 10 years ago that sms loan are either UML or loan scam. I believed most of the victims here know they are UML, they are just desperate or no way out ( bank and LML dont want to lend) thats why they fall in the trap.
It shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Persons in desperation financially and all avenues to borrow from family and legal financial institution is exhausted, will find such advertisement very attractive.

Many of these victims have never engaged loansharks. Their beliefs might think these adverts are from freelance businesses. Look at the advert I shown, $10k at $180/mth for 60mths. Looks affordable. They will try.

They might have seen episodes of Crimewatch on tv regarding this b4 but at that point of time are not financially stressed.

Many would have honoured the deal if it's really as advertised. But once they provided all their details, the nonsense starts.

IMDA must stop the root of the problem. Eliminate such SMS.
Old 16-05-2020, 08:53 PM   #2172

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...-scam-12736988

New scam tactics.. be careful
Old 17-05-2020, 03:35 AM   #2173

Can anyone advise me.. out of desperation i loaned from LS and got the money transferred to my account i drew out to settle my issues and after 2 days i realised my account had been freeze by police.
Nothing good will come from borrowing from LS as you are experiencing now.

My advise is to cooperate with the police. I also advise you to make a police report when LS start to harass you.

Since you borrow out of desperation, I believe you financially stressed.

There are legal ways to settle your financial problems if it's related to banks. Do not borrow from Licensed Money Lenders too as they are the legal cousins of LS.

Stop communicating with the LS. Do not deal with them anymore. LS harassment is nothing compare to Police investigation.
Old 17-05-2020, 08:43 PM   #2174

I have been receiving many such msgs. Not sure how my number got to these moneylenders but i believe its becoz i bought this line from someone who became a bankrupt so must be related to that. Anyways i wanna know if:
1) i receive such texts and just delete them/block etc, can the moneylender still transfer to me and pull me into the scam? Asking because the number Is registered to paynow. Of course i wont return but i am just asking can they do that and bind the person like that? If thats the case won’t many people get into trouble or even wont electronic transfers be the source of our problems?

2) is there no other way to prevent these kind of texts? Usually they whatsapp and sms me. Getting annoyed though i have never replied to any of them nor do i need the money, and even if i do they will never be considered as an avenue to borrow from. Haha

3) wont these moneylenders lose lots of money if they anyhow pulll this kind of scam and start paynow to everyone?

THEMIKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2020, 11:07 PM   #2175

I have been receiving many such msgs. Not sure how my number got to these moneylenders but i believe its becoz i bought this line from someone who became a bankrupt so must be related to that. Anyways i wanna know if:
1) i receive such texts and just delete them/block etc, can the moneylender still transfer to me and pull me into the scam? Asking because the number Is registered to paynow. Of course i wont return but i am just asking can they do that and bind the person like that? If thats the case won’t many people get into trouble or even wont electronic transfers i be the source of our problems?

2) is there no other way to prevent these kind of texts? Usually they whatsapp and sms me. Getting annoyed though i have never replied to any of them nor do i need the money, and even if i do they will never be considered as an avenue to borrow from. Haha

3) wont these moneylenders lose lots of money if they anyhow pulll this kind of scam and start paynow to everyone?
LS won't anyhow paynow transfer. They usually ask victims personal data first like CPF data, family data, addresses and contact numbers before any transfers is made . The datas will be use to coerce and harass victims. That is very important for their "business". Hp number alone won't do for them.

If stupidly they paynow to you, other than your phone number, they won't be able to get their money. Anyways if such transfer occurs, do make police report so as not to implicate yourself against the law.

So, unlikely they will transfer anything to you. The possibility is very, very remote. Think again, why would they bother deal with bankrupts if the former owner of that line is what you claim to be.

Anyway, you can only report and block such messages. I'm personally pissed at this situation. Govt agencies and telcos should do more in this regard.

Last edited by green72; 17-05-2020 at 11:17 PM..
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.