HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2020, 11:15 PM   #2176

What will happen during investigation? I dont want to lose my job
There are bros here with similar predicament as you recently. Scroll back this thread. Do read them up.

Maybe if they are still active, can share their experience.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 01:44 AM   #2177

Thanks for the clarification. Pretty safe then other than the inconvenience of receiving these kinda msgs every now and then.

LS won't anyhow paynow transfer. They usually ask victims personal data first like CPF data, family data, addresses and contact numbers before any transfers is made . The datas will be use to coerce and harass victims. That is very important for their "business". Hp number alone won't do for them.

If stupidly they paynow to you, other than your phone number, they won't be able to get their money. Anyways if such transfer occurs, do make police report so as not to implicate yourself against the law.

So, unlikely they will transfer anything to you. The possibility is very, very remote. Think again, why would they bother deal with bankrupts if the former owner of that line is what you claim to be.

Anyway, you can only report and block such messages. I'm personally pissed at this situation. Govt agencies and telcos should do more in this regard.
THEMIKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 01:14 AM   #2178

Hi, I recently got into a moneylender scam and got cheated of $2700, I have alr made a police report. The police advised me to block them and stop paying, but I receive harassment texts thru WhatsApp from other numbers and they start threatening me and showed me videos of burning houses down, I'm scared that my parents would be harassed too and they would look me up at my house or workplace as they have my hse address and parents contact number, Im afraid to let my parents know of this as they will scold me, will the "loan sharks" rlly look me up at my hse and splash paint etc? Can I have some advise as this is the first time I fall for such a scam
zhenghao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 05:27 AM   #2179

Hi, I recently got into a moneylender scam and got cheated of $2700, I have alr made a police report. The police advised me to block them and stop paying, but I receive harassment texts thru WhatsApp from other numbers and they start threatening me and showed me videos of burning houses down, I'm scared that my parents would be harassed too and they would look me up at my house or workplace as they have my hse address and parents contact number, Im afraid to let my parents know of this as they will scold me, will the "loan sharks" rlly look me up at my hse and splash paint etc? Can I have some advise as this is the first time I fall for such a scam
Yes, not trying to stress you but face the reality, LS might and will harass you at your home.

Letting everyone who you gave their details know, like your parents, is a must. They are your parents after all, getting scolded is part of the deal as children. We always make mistakes.

Even the harshest of parents will forgive their children.You NEED them to support you morally now in your darkest hour. Tell them, get scolded and I bet they will provide you support and comfort none of us here are able to. No parents will let or see their children get harass or suffer. Parental instinct will kicking.

My spouse and children gave me the strength when it was my darkest hour. You shouldn't suffer alone.

It's a big move but you MUST tell them before they get to know it themselves.

Regarding what to do next, do read up past few month post by others.

Stay strong.

Last edited by green72; 19-05-2020 at 05:36 AM..
Old 19-05-2020, 07:25 PM   #2180

What should I do? My issue is I have Legal lenders and also UML like 6 stalls. Pay defer till it is over the loan amount. I have not defaulted any but I'm stuck in the loop of paying and paying the defer payment. I'm really scare now and not sure if I should report to police. As my legal lenders has my contact and I believe they sold my contact to UML. so if I change my number and give my new number to Legal lender. The UML would be able to get to me too. It like an non ending cycle. I already feel like dying! Please help.
Dr_Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #2181

Firstly, be open to your NOKs, telling people your mistakes beats having them find out the hard way. Besides, family will always support you and at least they can be on the lookout too.

Anyway the UML stunt all standard one, show you video of house kena splash paint, kena burn... Leave you voice messages threatening you, kill your family etc. Say will visit your workplace etc. At most they send runner to video your front door and scare you, say will lock you in and burn you.

Please lah, these dumb scammers are in Malaysia, all with their thrash talk.

Just block them, don't communicate with them, change phone number if possible.
They can't reach you, they can't disturb you.
Install CCTV and if you managed to video the runner, submit video to your IO.

Sleep well, eat well.
IwanttokillUML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 11:58 PM   #2182

What should I do? My issue is I have Legal lenders and also UML like 6 stalls. Pay defer till it is over the loan amount. I have not defaulted any but I'm stuck in the loop of paying and paying the defer payment. I'm really scare now and not sure if I should report to police. As my legal lenders has my contact and I believe they sold my contact to UML. so if I change my number and give my new number to Legal lender. The UML would be able to get to me too. It like an non ending cycle. I already feel like dying! Please help.
Concentrate on playing the legal ones. The UML report to police. Change contact number and avoid social media. Install CCTV. Inform NOK.

Ignore any unknown numbers and block them
Dr_Robert likes this.
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 12:13 AM   #2183

If you don't stop paying those LS your misery won't end.
Few months ago I was way worst than yours, I owe 17 stalls ($1X,XXX) in one month,until I cannot pay anymore, loan here and there to pay here and there, don't know if all were connected or under one boss only, but I don't care, I decided enough is enough, I expected for the worst.
I changed my hp no., made police report, closed my bank acct then slept well. Am I scared? of course I was, but after 3 weeks that I ghost them they splashed my house but don't know which company did it.
Then I installed cctv, now so far so good, sometimes got oversea call at my office phone but my colleague won't answer.
Stop communicating with these criminals, the sooner you ghost them the better on you.
You are not the only one who ghost them, there were a lot of us here who ghost them, but you see where we are now, much much better that before.
Learn from your mistakes move forward and learn to fight these criminals.
Hulkeyee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 06:35 AM   #2184

Golden rules here:
Block the UML numbers and report to police. DO NOT PAY THEM ANYMORE. It will never ended. If need help please consult Blessed Grace Social service. https://www.bgss.org.sg/

For LML, make full payment if possible. If not, talk to them to get an affordtable monthly plan. Payoff and DO NOT LOAN FROM THEM ANYMORE. LML is WORSE than UML, because they r legal. If need help, please consult Credit Counselling Singapore. https://www.ccs.org.sg/

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 20-05-2020 at 06:49 AM..
SeeBlueSkyAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #2185

Hi All,

UML are using this harassment tactic currently. After the recent food delivery harassment, they are now moving into using those "new victims", whom
fall into their trap by believing they are licensed money lender after exchanging texts from whatapps. They will trick those " new victim " by asking them to go collect their loan amount at their " boss " houses. Those so called " Boss " houses are actually those UML victims. UML are now using this tactics to harass people. Please take note. Heard it from my colleague as their neighbour encounter such incident recently and they called police on the spot. What happen to the " victim " afterwards i do not know. Only heard the victim telling the police that before going to ABC place, he went to EFG place to find the "manager" before going to ABC place, but kana chase off by EFG " manager" , saying the manager will report police if the " victim" dont go. Maybe they are working for UML as runner and played victim upon police arrival or pure victim. For this, will let SPF to handle as we do not want to jump to conclusions.
Wojialatliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 12:08 PM   #2186

Hi All,

UML are using this harassment tactic currently. After the recent food delivery harassment, they are now moving into using those "new victims", whom
fall into their trap by believing they are licensed money lender after exchanging texts from whatapps. They will trick those " new victim " by asking them to go collect their loan amount at their " boss " houses. Those so called " Boss " houses are actually those UML victims. UML are now using this tactics to harass people. Please take note. Heard it from my colleague as their neighbour encounter such incident recently and they called police on the spot. What happen to the " victim " afterwards i do not know. Only heard the victim telling the police that before going to ABC place, he went to EFG place to find the "manager" before going to ABC place, but kana chase off by EFG " manager" , saying the manager will report police if the " victim" dont go. Maybe they are working for UML as runner and played victim upon police arrival or pure victim. For this, will let SPF to handle as we do not want to jump to conclusions.
And end up the so call “victims” will be charged for both working as UML runners and also violating the circuit breaker rules.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 12:30 PM   #2187

And end up the so call “victims” will be charged for both working as UML runners and also violating the circuit breaker rules.
Well, breaking the CB rules and fine $300.00 i think cant escape, but really all depends on the IO/ police at the scene i guess. As for the rest, hard to say...

this tactic quite confusing, is like they use their money tree to harass other victims.
End up UML cant cheat any $$ out of their " victim" and still cant get any $$ back from
their origin victim.

Last edited by Wojialatliao; 20-05-2020 at 12:35 PM..
Wojialatliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 12:38 PM   #2188

Golden rules here:
Block the UML numbers and report to police. DO NOT PAY THEM ANYMORE. It will never ended. If need help please consult Blessed Grace Social service. https://www.bgss.org.sg/

For LML, make full payment if possible. If not, talk to them to get an affordtable monthly plan. Payoff and DO NOT LOAN FROM THEM ANYMORE. LML is WORSE than UML, because they r legal. If need help, please consult Credit Counselling Singapore. https://www.ccs.org.sg/
CCS does not handle LML cases. Only with banks.
Old 20-05-2020, 12:56 PM   #2189

Firstly, stop paying UML, Ghost them and make Police report.

Second, LML cannot harass you for repayment. Can report any harassment from their debt collectors to Registry of Moneylenders at Ministry of Law. Don't waste time calling the police unless the debt collector starts intimidating you. His job is only to hand you the Letter of Demand. No need to answer him if he ask you when to pay. If he refuse to leave then call police. Don't forget to write complain email to the Registry. Try to get in touch with the LML office for a repayment plan. Use the money you pay to UML to settle the LML.

If repayment is really impossible, consider the Debt Repayment Scheme from Ministry of Law. It's an avenue for debtors that don't want to go bankrupt.
Old 20-05-2020, 01:39 PM   #2190

If you don't stop paying those LS your misery won't end.
Few months ago I was way worst than yours, I owe 17 stalls ($1X,XXX) in one month,until I cannot pay anymore, loan here and there to pay here and there, don't know if all were connected or under one boss only, but I don't care, I decided enough is enough, I expected for the worst.
I changed my hp no., made police report, closed my bank acct then slept well. Am I scared? of course I was, but after 3 weeks that I ghost them they splashed my house but don't know which company did it.
Then I installed cctv, now so far so good, sometimes got oversea call at my office phone but my colleague won't answer.
Stop communicating with these criminals, the sooner you ghost them the better on you.
You are not the only one who ghost them, there were a lot of us here who ghost them, but you see where we are now, much much better that before.
Learn from your mistakes move forward and learn to fight these criminals.
I will listen to your advices on this. thank you.
Dr_Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.