www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Current Affairs Lounge (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/)
-   -   Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/loan-shark-harassment-how-stop-part-2-a-6074965.html)

klasikcocacola 07-08-2019 08:54 PM

Yes today is the 7th day i mia

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyseakingforhelp (Post 122125648)
Mind sharing your side of story? How long where you in it? And today marks the 7th day of your mia?

klasikcocacola 07-08-2019 08:57 PM

So far no locks on gates or splash paints.... NOKs not sure as they never say or ask anything to me . What i encounter is endless phonecl calls... Whatsaap txt msg... Called my workplace.... called other branches of the company i work for and informed i owe money.... So far thats all now....

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyseakingforhelp (Post 122126566)
Did you receive any locks at your gates? Or NOK got calls? Or any form of harassment?

Koojime 07-08-2019 08:58 PM

Today is my 2nd day after I report to police and got threaten by them. But so far didnít notice any strange or unknown people around my estate. Maybe because I didnít actually got any cash from them but instead gave them money. Letís see and hope nothing happen.

Spidie 07-08-2019 10:10 PM

No need scared them my boss told them off tell them want money and if you are legal come office and collect if illegal can come also but will call the police. Then never hear from them again. Must be fierce. Ask your office people to guai lan with them. They call your office they won't even know they are talking to you. U can fake to be the boss.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT

OomphFroglet 07-08-2019 10:44 PM

I though you long long time ago already settled them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by klasikcocacola (Post 122128421)
Yes today is the 7th day i mia

green72 08-08-2019 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyseakingforhelp (Post 122121300)
May I ask do they only Whatsapp call you. Or they also uses regular mobile phone numbers to call you as well? Because from what I read. Mostly they will only Whatsapp call you because they are usually overseas based. But I got a few unknown local number calling me.
Which brings me to my second question. Are they locally based than?

Please advise me. Today marks the start of 3rd day.

They call direct, sms and whatsapp msg.

They created a whatsapp group under my full name and add me, my NOK and some other numbers in that group.

Manage to block and leave the group. Report the group admin number to whatsapp.

They could be local or Malaysia based. Those unknown numbers can be spoof using some gadget to look local numbers.

My fears for 1st week was unfounded even after I received a visit by 2 guys pretending to collect stuff from me. Usual M.O, take pic of my door, from ground floor my unit windows and send those pic to my whatsapp with threatening msg to instill fear to pay. It didn't work, the paying part that is but man I was a nervous wreck. Only after found this thread and advice from ppl here, I follow their advise.

The harassment stop a day after that until now. Police presence was heavy after that incident since prior to that visit, I've made a police report a week earlier. Just immediately call 999 if they ever pay u a visit.

Looking back, my fears of getting jump to/from home/work where a waste of energy because the threats are empty. For a good month, I was still fearful, always looking over my shoulder whenever I'm outside. But I finally snap out it because we live in Singapore.

Be mentally prepare though when they barrage you with such harassment. The longer you can withstand their different ways to threaten you, they will give up.It could be a few days like me or months for those persistent ones.

Don't let them detect fear in you, even if you are a nervous wreck.

FYI, I never return back the money. I just let my bank and SPF take it as they required.

Just as a reminder, poster here may not be what they claim to be. So be careful sharing too much data of your experience.

Stay strong, always. You can overcome this.

boyseakingforhelp 08-08-2019 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green72 (Post 122131320)
They call direct, sms and whatsapp msg.

They created a whatsapp group under my full name and add me, my NOK and some other numbers in that group.

Manage to block and leave the group. Report the group admin number to whatsapp.

They could be local or Malaysia based. Those unknown numbers can be spoof using some gadget to look local numbers.

My fears for 1st week was unfounded even after I received a visit by 2 guys pretending to collect stuff from me. Usual M.O, take pic of my door, from ground floor my unit windows and send those pic to my whatsapp with threatening msg to instill fear to pay. It didn't work, the paying part that is but man I was a nervous wreck. Only after found this thread and advice from ppl here, I follow their advise.

The harassment stop a day after that until now. Police presence was heavy after that incident since prior to that visit, I've made a police report a week earlier. Just immediately call 999 if they ever pay u a visit.

Looking back, my fears of getting jump to/from home/work where a waste of energy because the threats are empty. For a good month, I was still fearful, always looking over my shoulder whenever I'm outside. But I finally snap out it because we live in Singapore.

Be mentally prepare though when they barrage you with such harassment. The longer you can withstand their different ways to threaten you, they will give up.It could be a few days like me or months for those persistent ones.

Don't let them detect fear in you, even if you are a nervous wreck.

FYI, I never return back the money. I just let my bank and SPF take it as they required.

Just as a reminder, poster here may not be what they claim to be. So be careful sharing too much data of your experience.

Stay strong, always. You can overcome this.

Thank you so much for your kind words and advise. really appreciate it!
End of the day I didn't own them any single cent and they took a big chunk of my life and monies from me. But tbh I just want my life back.
I had install CCTV at my door front but still, fear still strikes whenever there are notifications on my phone from my CCTV.
its a stupidest decision in my entire life, which I have to admit. I just hope and pray hard that everything will come to a stop sooner or later.
I would strongly encourage people who are currently in the same situation to cut all communication with them and move on with life. DO NOT PAY THEM A SINGLE CENT! IF THEY WANT, ASK THEM COME FACE TO FACE AND COLLECT IT FROM YOU.
I can't say or ensure that all their threats are empty threats at the moment, but what I can say is this entire thread here means a hell lot to me.
I honestly wish that this thread continue strong and help those who are in trouble.

Today was the most peaceful day i had in the last 4 weeks, i can only hope everything stays this way.

Should anyone have any question or need any form of advice. don't be afraid to ask here. BUT DO TAKE NOTE NOT TO MENTION AND NAME OR DETAIL IN THIS CHAT. WHO KNOWS IF THERE ARE ALSO READING.

MAY EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD AND BLESSED LONG WEEKEND!
MAY THIS NATION AND THIS COMMUNITY STAY STRONG!

polarinda 08-08-2019 11:04 AM

Let them come. Dont be afraid of criminals. When u have no fear, your life will be normal.

klasikcocacola 08-08-2019 12:11 PM

Somehow got myself back into this s**thole....

Quote:

Originally Posted by OomphFroglet (Post 122130139)
I though you long long time ago already settled them?

OomphFroglet 08-08-2019 01:26 PM

Bro, don’t give in to the temptations. Sometimes they would offer you a loan to clear but you will be back to square 1. Now just don’t go back into it will do. Help yourself and your pockets

Quote:

Originally Posted by klasikcocacola (Post 122136583)
Somehow got myself back into this s**thole....

IzAvass 08-08-2019 02:22 PM

Hi guys , would like to seek for advice , I had taken up 2 deals with this LS due to desperate needs of cash to pay of my commitment and I have yet to make any payments and I had been ignoring calls and WhatsApp msg, do I continue to do the same or can someone please advice me on what should I do ? 🤦🏼*♂️

IzAvass 08-08-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klasikcocacola (Post 122105221)
If ur local... U should... Its not a criminal act to inquire...
If ur a foreign worker.... U should think about it as ur permit is at stake.

Regarding on your second line , could you advice me 🤦🏼*♂️, truly worried

OomphFroglet 08-08-2019 02:58 PM

You should lodge a police report. But if you are a foreigner on work permit, and your company might cancel your work permit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IzAvass (Post 122138906)
Regarding on your second line , could you advice me 🤦🏼*♂️, truly worried

IzAvass 08-08-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OomphFroglet (Post 122139206)
You should lodge a police report. But if you are a foreigner on work permit, and your company might cancel your work permit.

So its considered a two way problem now ? Aihx

OomphFroglet 08-08-2019 04:26 PM

This is the latest update for foreign workers or domestic maids.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...rom-loansharks

Quote:

Originally Posted by IzAvass (Post 122139899)
So its considered a two way problem now ? Aihx