HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-05-2020, 07:19 PM   #2296

It's been a few months since I last got scammed and everything has been peaceful after I ghosted them. So to those who are new here, trust the advice the forum gave you, it's been helpful when I got scammed. Really grateful to everyone who made their posts here, their words gave me the support to go through that period of time, thank you.
Thanks for giving us hope. It’s been a week and I’m counting. Sad to see more people coming to the forum.
happydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #2297

Thanks for giving us hope. It’s been a week and I’m counting. Sad to see more people coming to the forum.
Hang in there, the harassment will probably stop when they can't get anything from you, not to mention that it is now the CB period which makes it hard to come to your doorstep, they will be caught easily. Don't reply to their msg, just block and report, ignore unknown calls, when my NOK received the call, I just told them it's scam. The more you ignore them, the less they bother you.
Stupidddme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 11:07 PM   #2298

I reported and stated in my police report 29 days ago, however I can still see them being active on WA, I am afraid to even call my IO who is assigned to my case to inform the change of mobile number as well Do the police really look into all our reported cases for loansharks and etc and do something to the numbers and bank accounts or leave it as it is. Just curious.
I assure you that they do. The advice given is call 999 if you see any suspicious people around your place. There are MANY cases on their records. As long as you are safe, not harassed (File report ASAP if you are), often the case will die a natural death once the scammers give up cause they can't get any $ from you. So the evergreen advice is DO NOT PAY!
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2020, 11:13 PM   #2299

Thank you all very much for your words, ive already made the police report and have completley stopped talking to them, i really do hope that it all ends soon
Pls talk to someone close if you feel stressed. It's a stupid scam to use scare and fear tactics. Ignore them, be strong and get on with your life.

If ever harassed, just file report and let the police do their job and move on.

Take care and hang in there.
Old 29-05-2020, 11:14 PM   #2300

Hi, I recently just fell for a scam. Have transferred money over as fees before loan disbursment but never seen the loan. I have told them I am not proceeding with the loan but am afraid they will haress my home and workplace. What can I do? Thanks.
All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests
hopingandhoping likes this.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #2301

Days ago woman was charged

The Police have arrested a 22-year-old woman for her suspected involvement in a case of loanshark harassment.

On 25 May 2020, the Police were alerted to a case of a loanshark harassment where an animal part was purportedly delivered to a residential unit along Tampines Avenue 8.

Through investigations and with the aid of images from police cameras, officers from Bedok Police Division established the identity of a woman and arrested her on 26 May 2020. A mobile phone was seized as case exhibit.

Police investigations are ongoing. First time offenders found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be fined not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000 with mandatory imprisonment of up to five years, and mandatory caning of up to six strokes. In the case of a second or subsequent conviction, offenders shall be liable to a fine of not less than $6,000 and not more than $60,000 with mandatory imprisonment of between two to nine years, and mandatory caning of up to 12 strokes.

The Police have zero tolerance for loanshark harassment activities. Those who deliberately vandalise properties, cause annoyance and disruptions to public sense of safety, peace and security will be arrested and dealt with severely in accordance with the law.

Members of the public are advised to stay away from loansharks and not to work with or assist the loansharks in any way. The public can call the Police at ‘999’ or the X-Ah Long hotline at 1800-924-5664 if they suspect or know of anyone who could be involved in loansharking activities.
hopingandhoping likes this.
Old 30-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #2302

is there a possibility that they call with a no caller ID call? have been receiving it frequently
Yes. Some of the calls are with no caller ID.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2020, 10:31 PM   #2303

Yes. Some of the calls are with no caller ID.
Even before my harassment, I ignore any No Caller ID numbers. They don't want you to know who they are, why bother answering, right?
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2020, 10:33 PM   #2304

Even I changed number I still scared they can find me
STOP flattering them or their capability. They are not the FBI.

Last edited by green72; 30-05-2020 at 10:42 PM..
Old 30-05-2020, 10:41 PM   #2305

Sad to see more people coming to the forum.
That's fine. We need every victim to come clean, face the issue head on and start asking for help.

This menace need to stop.

What I'm more sad is reading victims still paying the UML.

MUST STOP PAYING THEM. Difficult to understand at first BUT is an important step to free themselves from harassment.
Old 31-05-2020, 12:28 AM   #2306

That's fine. We need every victim to come clean, face the issue head on and start asking for help.

This menace need to stop.

What I'm more sad is reading victims still paying the UML.

MUST STOP PAYING THEM. Difficult to understand at first BUT is an important step to free themselves from harassment.
It has been almost two months since i reported to SPF about the UML and coming clean to my family. The first 2 weeks was nail biting to say the least with random people coming up to my place and trying to get me on the phone with my UML. But with CCTV in place all house visits stopped. Then came the fake adverts send out to me via my letterbox... Up till today none of my neighbours said anything about receiving such letter in their mailbox so I never know. My neigbours are very nice and they will sure inform me if something is amiss. Then came the online assault, create fake acct and spreading fake news to my NOKs list of contacts as they did not suspend their social network acct. Managed to inform FB and Insta and TickTock too about the issue and submitted my police report as evidence. So if anyone were to use my pics or details etc and alert will be give to the authorities.... And now all is much peaceful. Hopefully it stays that way

Last edited by InADilemma01; 31-05-2020 at 12:14 PM..
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #2307

It has been almost two months since i reported to SPF about the UML and coming clean to my family. The first 2 weeks was nail biting to say the least with random people coming up to my place and trying to get me on the phone with my UML. But with CCTV in place all house visits stopped. Then came the fake adverts send out to me via my letterbox... Up till today none of my neighbours said anything about receiving such letter in their mailbox so I never know. My neigbours are very nice and they will sure inform me if something is amiss. Then came the online assault, create fake acct and spreading fake news to my NOKs list of contacts as they did not suspend their social network acct. Managed to inform FB and Insta and TickTock too about the issue and suitted my police report as evidence. So if anyone were to use my pics or details etc and alert will be give to the authorities.... And now all is much peaceful. Hopefully it stays that way
It’s scary they know ur NOK name and to attack their social media. Just FYI can inform google to take down certain pics if any from Google’s search network.

Fb also can remove urself from being searched by anyone over other platforms
Old 31-05-2020, 12:15 PM   #2308

It’s scary they know ur NOK name and to attack their social media. Just FYI can inform google to take down certain pics if any from Google’s search network.

Fb also can remove urself from being searched by anyone over other platforms
Thanks for the info.... That has been done after informing them of the situation.
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2020, 11:10 PM   #2309

It has been almost two months since i reported to SPF about the UML and coming clean to my family. The first 2 weeks was nail biting to say the least with random people coming up to my place and trying to get me on the phone with my UML. But with CCTV in place all house visits stopped. Then came the fake adverts send out to me via my letterbox... Up till today none of my neighbours said anything about receiving such letter in their mailbox so I never know. My neigbours are very nice and they will sure inform me if something is amiss. Then came the online assault, create fake acct and spreading fake news to my NOKs list of contacts as they did not suspend their social network acct. Managed to inform FB and Insta and TickTock too about the issue and submitted my police report as evidence. So if anyone were to use my pics or details etc and alert will be give to the authorities.... And now all is much peaceful. Hopefully it stays that way
Hang in there!
Old 01-06-2020, 12:06 AM   #2310

Man charged with breaking COVID-19 laws to carry out loan shark harassment

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...shark-12769326

The penalties for loan shark harassment with property damage are a maximum five years' jail, a fine of between S$5,000 and S$50,000, and between three and six strokes of the cane.
hopingandhoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.