HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #2311

Nightmare returns. Been almost 3yrs since last harassment. Out of the blue recieved. Demand payment of $500 from 3yrs back (I believe is the same scam where they transfer 500 themselves without us knowing that soom of us suffer from). I have even stupidly paid 750 then before reporting to police. Seems like a more fierce 1 this time straight away threaten if not paid, will come splash paint, damage car and then it will be 20k and not 500 anymore. What are the chances that he will act upon the threat for just 500? Should I just pay the 500 (he say will delete off my account)

Last edited by stressout888; 01-06-2020 at 06:23 PM..
stressout888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 06:27 PM   #2312

Nightmare returns. Been almost 3yrs since last harassment. Out of the blue recieved. Demand payment of $500 from 3yrs back (I believe is the same scam where they transfer 500 themselves without us knowing that soom of us suffer from). I have even stupidly paid 750 then before reporting to police. Seems like a more fierce 1 this time straight away threaten if not paid, will come splash paint, damage car and then it will be 20k and not 500 anymore. What are the chances that he will act upon the threat for just 500? Should I just pay the 500 (he say will delete off my account)
3 years passed and you have not learned your lessons? Still believed their crap thinking they will kept their promise? Please read all the threads here for your answer.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 10:39 PM   #2313

I will make another police report just to set the records that I have been harassed. Also make sure you close your previous bank account. Best is just change your phone number and disappear
happydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:22 AM   #2314

Even before my harassment, I ignore any No Caller ID numbers. They don't want you to know who they are, why bother answering, right?

Free incoming. Just pick up lah. And mute... let them shout. Quite fun
DoctorThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:23 AM   #2315

3 years passed and you have not learned your lessons? Still believed their crap thinking they will kept their promise? Please read all the threads here for your answer.

They are messing with our minds... but then 2 can play the game...

Anybody here used a foreign bank account to transfer instead of local??
DoctorThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #2316

They are messing with our minds... but then 2 can play the game...

Anybody here used a foreign bank account to transfer instead of local??
Free incoming. Just pick up lah. And mute... let them shout. Quite fun
Nah, why bother doing all these when simply ignoring them will do.

Not every victim have the will nor the time to do these seriously unnecessary actions.

Why you need to engage them for "fun" when the very purpose of this thread is get rid of their harassment from our lives. No need to play any "game".

Sorry in advance for my language to the ladies readers here but why must we show them who have the bigger balls?

Again, like I said, why bother with them? Just ignore and ghost them, that's the sweetest form of retaliation. By no means it's a cowardice act.

Last edited by green72; 02-06-2020 at 01:05 PM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:00 PM   #2317

Hi everyone.
Recently I received a letter written my surname and family . Inside with a piece of paper written my full name asking me to call them back at 94217815 . When I call back , I think the phone is off . May i know is this loan shark ?
Thank you
Hi, it is highly possible that it is. In recent times, did you engage in any unlicensed moneylending or fall into any loan scams etc....?
Please do not take action or reach out to them as these threats might just be empty threats.
hopingandhoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:01 PM   #2318

Hi , hopingandhoping
Many many years ago did loan from them but clear already . So do I need to call back and ask , or......
Pls ignore and do not ask or request anything. Totally ignore. These days there are too many scammers around. Don’t let ur fear eat into u.

Lock ur letterbox and don’t allow people to slip notes inside. Or was it mailed to u?
hopingandhoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:13 PM   #2319

Hi everyone.
Recently I received a letter written my surname and family . Inside with a piece of paper written my full name asking me to call them back at 94217815 . When I call back , I think the phone is off . May i know is this loan shark ?
Thank you
Do not call back. If you already called. Block their number. Bring the letter to police post to make a report. Finish.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:25 PM   #2320

I had not call yet .
The letter by mail .
Report to police with the letter. Full stop.
I myself had received sms/watsapp asking me to call them back or something will happen to me. I just ignored it and block them. Till now already 2years. Nothing happen

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 04-06-2020 at 07:27 PM..
Old 05-06-2020, 12:18 AM   #2321

Ok . But my mum staying in the house , I worry .
Like what the rest suggested just make a police report. Hand it over to the police. If you call back means to them you are still staying in that address. The more funny things they will do.

If you ignore them they will not be risking to attempt to do weird things to the house which To them you might not be staying there anymore. And donít forget u already owe them nothing
Old 05-06-2020, 12:22 AM   #2322

Like what the rest suggested just make a police report. Hand it over to the police. If you call back means to them you are still staying in that address. The more funny things they will do.

If you ignore them they will not be risking to attempt to do weird things to the house which To them you might not be staying there anymore. And donít forget u already owe them nothing
One more point. Even though the phone is off, they could still get your number. U try off your phone, when you switch on it will still be indicated as this number has try to reach you. Better ignore weird calls from weird numbers.

+65 prefix only occurs if they call u not using WhatsApp call. WhatsApp call even if local number will still have +65

I have some work calls that I donít save. They called via WhatsApp I didnít pick up. Then I realised these are ppl I know with +65. Meaning all whatísapp call be it real local or fake local comes with +65 so long the number is not saved in your contact list
Old 05-06-2020, 06:14 AM   #2323

Hi all just to share what im currently going through.. around 2 months back, i am stupid enough to believe a ad sent to me on whatsapp claiming himself to be from a legal ML company and i took a small loan of $500 from him. Ever since i have been borrowing from 20 other UML to pay one another.. total amount i borrowed was around 4k and im quite sure i paid more than that till this date.

I feel so suffocated because everyday i have to find funds just to pay the fking deferment to survive another day.. due to this i owed my friends money, can't concentrate on my work and etc. It really suck and i am so regretful of my decision.

Today i finally had the courage to stop all payment to them and not surprising they harrassed me via WhatsApp non stop and they also harrassed my parents through calls, sms and WhatsApp as well.

I did what i could now by installing apps that blocks unknown and not from contact list of numbers for my parents and for myself, so at least the virtual harrassment stops for now.

Im just worried about them coming up to my place and do things like splashing paint and call up my office and etc.. I have made a police report as well earlier.. this really makes me super down and i feel so ashamed of myself.. anyway i hope things will be ok..
thgfrdsi0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:31 AM   #2324

Im just worried about them coming up to my place and do things like splashing paint and call up my office and etc.. I have made a police report as well earlier.. this really makes me super down and i feel so ashamed of myself.. anyway i hope things will be ok..
johnson ymj, man up, they are masters of putting fear, anxiety and uncertainty in us.

Also they are masters of wayang. Talk tough on the phone. Even my 90+ year old grandfather also can do that. I say ALL their threats are BS. They are only expert at making you lose face by telling friends and family you owe them money. Beyond that, they can't even touch you. The poor idiots that they may send to your house are victims that they harass too. These runners are ordinary people like you and me, not hired professional killers. Sadly these idiots runners don't realise that they will be caught soon after and 3 strokes on the cane is waiting for them in prison, even if they only paste debtor notes on the wall.

You have to start ignoring these as soon as possible. Just accept and be prepared for any events. By that I mean is to continue ghost them, install cctv and ready to call 999 if harassed at home.

You have been their money tree or golden goose for the last 2 months so they will try to make you fear them to continue paying. Thankfully you stop. No more paying please, it will never end. No such thing as finish paying, they will come up with excuses and more threats. These are not loanshark of old, these are more like scammers.

For the time being you need to think military-like, react accordingly and suppress the fear. Anyway, by ghosting them and not paying, you have clearly on your way out of the harassment. Your action and persistence tells them you had enough and not fear them.

Losing face won't kill but feeling guilty will lead to more sinister suicidal thoughts that will. Snap out of it, take back your life.

Police is here to protect you, so use them. Continue ghosting the UML and I'm sure you can have peace. But for now stay vigilant and list the task you have to do in an event harassment comes to your doorstep.

Get ready but don't wait for anything to happen, just force yourself to live a normal life. Their threats are at most splash paint or lock gate or scrawl graffiti O$P$ or paste debtor notes or some other non lethal harassment. That's the best they can do.

Last edited by green72; 05-06-2020 at 08:54 AM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:05 AM   #2325

I setup this thread regarding Loanshark harassment. I, myself is not a debtor however to be frank someone in my family does.

I hope to gather more users and people to voice out. The Police are doing a lot to curb this problem. However we must face the fact that this problem had been there for decades. Have faith and trust in our system. It is very hard to eliminate the network, nevertheless if every citizen does their part in cooperating; it is must easier to get to the network.

This is how you can help. If any of your family members owe loan shark money, tell them not to pay up a single cent. Tell them to call the Police Hotline number 1800 225 0000 to transfer you to the relevant department. In which there is a specific department in the West that handle Loan Shark Cases.

In the event that you are the debtor, please refrain from helping the loanshark or fall into their trap to help them in their illegal activities. They will ask you for personal details. E.g. Singpass, ATM card or even ask you to help them distribute brochures or transfer money.

Donít fall prey to become a target by the loanshark syndicate. In the event that you canít make payment they will ask you to work for them to pay off your debts. Donít do it. Owing money doesnít resort in a death penalty, jail sentence or caning. However if you are debtors turn assistors, the punishment is very severe. You, yourself will in turn from a victim become a criminal.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of carrying on the business as an unlicensed moneylender or assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined not less than $30,000 and not more $300,000, be imprisoned for a term not exceeding four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning not more than six strokes. First time offender found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term of up to 5 years, a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

You have heard of the saying, 明知道老虎会咬人,你还一直喂他,那就是自寻死路。
If you are a debtor, please donít blame yourself for what happen. If you are not desperate, you wonít be borrowing from them. Seek your family understanding. Sometime you would feel helpless, you are loss, you always trying to source money to meet payment, the pain and psychological torture is unbearable. But please face the fact; this is never the end of life.

Donít pay them; it is not against the law not to pay them. They will threaten to report on you and use a lot of threatening message to make you pay or work for them. But come to think of it, when did they show up to receive the payment in person. It is always through Bank Transfer. Ask yourself why.

Learn to understand the situation you are in, accept it. And be true to your family about the money lending matter. Call NPCG for counselling in the event that your family members donít understand.

The methodology that they used is always to instill fear in their victims. And from the news you would know that many loan shark always are so notorious. But come to think of it, who are the one that are being used by them. Who are the one that are doing the dirty job? The debtors are always the one.
Ask yourself a question, why does the Police always so reactive towards the loan shark? It is because the loan sharks are always under the veil. They used the debtors as smoke screen.

What will happen in the event you donít pay up?
They will spray paint at your house, disturb your neighbor, disgrace you, humiliate you and shame you. These are the tactics that they used. So how bad can this be? Do you want your life back again? Or do you want to live in a lifetime full of fear. I will be very honest with you. My father had been feeding the tiger for years and finally now, he decide to heel the Police advice and stop paying and cooperate with them.

You are not the only one suffering if you continue to pay. Think about your family for the long term. Do you want them to suffer with you for 10 year, 20 years, worrying about money? Think about it. Do you want to be partner in crime? Or do you want a lifelong happiness with your family. If you really care for your family members, you should know the right thing to do. If you are scares you can always post on the forum or talk to someone regarding the case.

I believe if we unite as one, we can accomplish more. If you are young, bold, adventurous, please feel free to voice out. We can always spend some time to help one another. We can help family by family if we have more manpower. The debtors need people to talk to. The family members need assurance and comfort. We donít blame other for not helping us, if we are not helping ourselves. We donít need to resort to violence; we want to build a peaceful community for everyone to live in.

And again, I need more people and more support to discuss matter and also plan to help other out.

Thank you for your time in reading this.
Thanks good read
Slamdol is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.