HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2020, 03:15 AM   #2326

Itís been 2 weeks since I fall prey to loan scams. Just finished watching drama with my spouse and thought of dropping by to give any newbies some hope.

After being harassed for the first 2 hours via WhatsApp and phone calls, after I changed number and ghosted on them I have so far been safe, well and no more harassment. That first 2 hours created a lot of fear and shame initially.

Staying vigilant now, but fear has stopped for close to a week. Feeling stupid, yes. But Iím a victim so I figured thereís nothing to be ashamed of, if they called me out to my neighbours or friends. I did nothing illegal except being stupid to fall into their trap.

They should be the ones feeling ashamed since they are the scammers. Iíve been living well and happy but still vigilant with kids at home. Let karma find them, let us live our life happy and fearless.

Stay vigilant and take care.
Stupidddme likes this.

Last edited by happydonkey; 06-06-2020 at 03:18 AM..
happydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:07 AM   #2327

hi all, my dad recently got involved with some loan sharks and he paid ALOT of money to different numbers (they called it agent fees before they can give the loan) but have not gotten a cent back. he even gave all his personal details to them and it seems like it has spread among their syndicate as several of them have demanded him to pay up for loans he did not take. a few days ago he received threatening messages such as them coming up to our unit and all. we have made a police report and changed all his passwords and accounts. but now, i just found out that he actually signed a loan agreement pdf to repay 30k loan to one of them? but the funny thing is, the loan agreement did not state anything bout them loaning my dad the 30k, only bout him owing them?? so now, can they actually use this document against us? is this agreement actually 'legal'? bcoz we did not actually received a single cent and we have blocked and reported him already. is there anything that we can do now?
Hi. Its just been a day since i ghosted them so im still fearful of what they will do next. Mine is the typical loan scam but i have heard about the scam your dad has fell for.

My comment will be firstly to ghost them, change all phone numbers and do the necessary (u can learn a lot from this thread so pls read all of them if u haven't), stay vigilant during the day and night and if u suspect anything amiss call the police immediately.

For the so call legal letter i don't think they are stupid enough to show their face to bring u to court even though its a black and white. What they are doing is trying to scam u, and even if they decide to sue u for whatever funny nonsensical reasons do u think they can win the case when its obvious they are the scammers?

What i think they can do is to use this letter as the triumph card to force u to pay a sum of money that u are not obligated to. They might continue to harrass you and stuff, trying to shame u and force u to pay up. So pls do not give in to them if not the nightmare will not be over..

Just stay calm, stay safe and try to live your life normally. Its hard to do that i know as im going through this stage now myself.. Its not going to be easy but just hang in there, i believe the worse will be over soon and u can always let us know how it goes on here.

Last edited by thgfrdsi0512; 06-06-2020 at 05:09 AM..
thgfrdsi0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:36 AM   #2328

thank you. i really hope they won't waste their time and money harassing someone who literally owes them nothing but only gave them money.
also, my dad seems to have not learned his lesson yet and ask me if he should 'discuss' with the UML to strike off that agreement haiz

just wanna know are there cases like that where they didn't even get any principal amount at all but still got harassed?
U have to wake your dad up. There is no way to discuss with UML. They are not those old time UML where money will solved the problem. Those are scammers. Scammers have no empathy. Their goal is to get as much money from u as possible. They of cause will lie to u that payments made and everything will end. But the real fact is, it will never end. It might just end one stall but the next stall will come after u again and again
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:00 PM   #2329

thank you. i really hope they won't waste their time and money harassing someone who literally owes them nothing but only gave them money.
also, my dad seems to have not learned his lesson yet and ask me if he should 'discuss' with the UML to strike off that agreement haiz

just wanna know are there cases like that where they didn't even get any principal amount at all but still got harassed?
The more ur dad speaks to them or pay them the more they wonít leave ur family alone. Read my post they only managed to harass me for a few hours. Thatís it. Someone said the end part is we turn angry. Iím angry for sure and instead waiting for them to do silly things to catch them.

Iím luckier I didnít sign any agreements though I asked them for it. I did receive a $500 and supposed to pay $800 to them which then I went to the police. And I know I was scammed before they could do more. So I gave them a timeline give me the account to transfer the money back or they wonít hear from me anymore because my telco going to cut off my line in a couple hours.

They probably know Iím very determined to have them ghosted so also decided not to waste anymore time on me
happydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:57 AM   #2330

Nightmare returns. Been almost 3yrs since last harassment. Out of the blue recieved. Demand payment of $500 from 3yrs back (I believe is the same scam where they transfer 500 themselves without us knowing that soom of us suffer from). I have even stupidly paid 750 then before reporting to police. Seems like a more fierce 1 this time straight away threaten if not paid, will come splash paint, damage car and then it will be 20k and not 500 anymore. What are the chances that he will act upon the threat for just 500? Should I just pay the 500 (he say will delete off my account)
3 years ago how did you get out of it? 3 years later you still haven't learnt your lesson. Fear not! And most importantly DO NOT PAY!!!! There is no other option.
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:58 AM   #2331

Itís been 2 weeks since I fall prey to loan scams. Just finished watching drama with my spouse and thought of dropping by to give any newbies some hope.

After being harassed for the first 2 hours via WhatsApp and phone calls, after I changed number and ghosted on them I have so far been safe, well and no more harassment. That first 2 hours created a lot of fear and shame initially.

Staying vigilant now, but fear has stopped for close to a week. Feeling stupid, yes. But Iím a victim so I figured thereís nothing to be ashamed of, if they called me out to my neighbours or friends. I did nothing illegal except being stupid to fall into their trap.

They should be the ones feeling ashamed since they are the scammers. Iíve been living well and happy but still vigilant with kids at home. Let karma find them, let us live our life happy and fearless.

Stay vigilant and take care.
Thanks for being here to share and advise the new victims.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:00 AM   #2332

Pls watch this and remind you again. Stop digging a deeper hole by paying. Here is a video how the whole scam works. https://youtu.be/gpoU8lMq1f4
Old 07-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #2333

To all my fellows friend, I was a victim 8 months ago. I believe there are many people out there right now are helpless and regretted what you have done. During your lowest point of life, you need cash badly, you seek help from your friend. Break the trust and delay all your payment. Girlf starts to leave you, friend start to scared of you when they received your call. I understand this feeling. Because I came from there.

Iím proud to be who I am today. Owing more than 30k due to gambling debt. Iím only 26 this year. To all the brother and sister. You might think I am young to give you all advice. But trust me. I go thru more than most of you here. UML are just cowards. Yes, the first few times Iím scared. I decided to be a man and tell everything to my family and the police. Many say police canít do much. Yes they canít do much, but they always try to help. Remember one thing no matter how UML threaten you, take up the challenge. Donít reply them block all of them and donít pay a single cent. Start afresh. Itís been 6 months. Iím proud to be who I am today. Clearing off to sibling the money you borrow without thinking about UML interest. Work hard and eventually you can be great again. During your toughest time trust me the only person you can rely is yourself. Donít give up. When life give you lemon, take it. You will be used to the taste and emerge stronger.
MrHelper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #2334

Jia you.
In past I own 50k due to failed biz.
Mistrust a friend in borrowing UML.
Now working n crawling to recovery.
Uml only know how to use their innocent runner to chase n some small pattern. Rest they cant do much
Ytpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #2335

3 years ago how did you get out of it? 3 years later you still haven't learnt your lesson. Fear not! And most importantly DO NOT PAY!!!! There is no other option.
They stop harassing me after I made police report, install cam, stay vigilant, block off all contact. Android phone can auto reject all private numbers, unknown numbers, that help abit. And now all Singapore numbers will not indicate +65. A good way to filter as well. Well I’ve made a police report again. Hopefully will catch them soon
stressout888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:56 PM   #2336

Hi all just to share what im currently going through.. around 2 months back, i am stupid enough to believe a ad sent to me on whatsapp claiming himself to be from a legal ML company and i took a small loan of $500 from him. Ever since i have been borrowing from 20 other UML to pay one another.. total amount i borrowed was around 4k and im quite sure i paid more than that till this date.

I feel so suffocated because everyday i have to find funds just to pay the fking deferment to survive another day.. due to this i owed my friends money, can't concentrate on my work and etc. It really suck and i am so regretful of my decision.

Today i finally had the courage to stop all payment to them and not surprising they harrassed me via WhatsApp non stop and they also harrassed my parents through calls, sms and WhatsApp as well.

I did what i could now by installing apps that blocks unknown and not from contact list of numbers for my parents and for myself, so at least the virtual harrassment stops for now.

Im just worried about them coming up to my place and do things like splashing paint and call up my office and etc.. I have made a police report as well earlier.. this really makes me super down and i feel so ashamed of myself.. anyway i hope things will be ok..
Just a update for my case.. one of the UML has called up my company and also sent in an email this afternoon asking my whereabouts and asking me to pay them. The email got cc to all the big shots in the company and i tried my best to explain to my boss who is understanding but limited to what he could do.

So after discussion the best way will be for me to tender resignation with immediate effect rather than waiting for the HR to terminate me.

I was obviously sad and super broke down losing a job in time of a crisis like this.. im just staying strong now and hopefully i can overcome this period.

To all who suffer the same fate as me trust me this is not the end although its really disheartening to the core
Old 08-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #2337

Was a police report made the minute you blocked and stopped paying them?
unknown17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:12 PM   #2338

Just a update for my case.. one of the UML has called up my company and also sent in an email this afternoon asking my whereabouts and asking me to pay them. The email got cc to all the big shots in the company and i tried my best to explain to my boss who is understanding but limited to what he could do.

So after discussion the best way will be for me to tender resignation with immediate effect rather than waiting for the HR to terminate me.

I was obviously sad and super broke down losing a job in time of a crisis like this.. im just staying strong now and hopefully i can overcome this period.

To all who suffer the same fate as me trust me this is not the end although its really disheartening to the core
This is a very sad experienced bro.
Be strong. What had been done cannot be undone anymore.
It happened to me last time as well they send email to my company and cc to my hr luckily I was able to convinced our hr that it's a scam.
After a few weeks they splashed my house.
I was very upset and wanted to take revenge with those scamners, so what i did i took a few loans again online and never pay any single cents..
Hulkeyee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 11:52 PM   #2339

Was a police report made the minute you blocked and stopped paying them?
Yes i made it immediately after i blocked them. I showed my bosses the report as well.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:52 PM   #2340

Don't be so hasty to resign if this job is important to you. Talk to the boss and hr to explain you have been scammed and that it was not your intention to borrow from loan sharks, it's not what they think.

Show them this video, if you need some one to explain to them, feel free to PM. If all else fails, don't lose heart, find a better job and pick up from there. Take care!!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.