HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2020, 02:27 PM   #2341

Thanks bro justiceleague2018 your advise and encouragement. I have decided to resign partly is also because i can understand my colleagues worries also as they are afraid the UML might find their way to the company and their life might be in danger and etc. I should be able to land myself in another job in the next few months even though the salary is lesser than now, but still i consider myself lucky enough if i can have the job.
Sorry for your predicament. But no lives will be in danger from a UML harassment.

Police is here to protect us. Hate to read society as a whole still believe their threats and harassment in Singapore.

Stay strong bro.

Last edited by green72; 09-06-2020 at 02:35 PM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:34 PM   #2342

Thanks bro justiceleague2018 your advise and encouragement. I have decided to resign partly is also because i can understand my colleagues worries also as they are afraid the UML might find their way to the company and their life might be in danger and etc. I should be able to land myself in another job in the next few months even though the salary is lesser than now, but still i consider myself lucky enough if i can have the job.
hope u slowly pick urself up. it took me few months to get back on my feet. i was a account manager for recruitment firm. 5 figure salary because of this scam got fired and disowned by family.

take it as a learning lesson. stay safe
Unlucky_chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #2343

Sorry forget to give you the video link
https://youtu.be/gpoU8lMq1f4
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:51 AM   #2344

Sorry forget to give you the video link
https://youtu.be/gpoU8lMq1f4
Thanks bro. Have watch it quite few times myself
thgfrdsi0512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 04:52 AM   #2345

hope u slowly pick urself up. it took me few months to get back on my feet. i was a account manager for recruitment firm. 5 figure salary because of this scam got fired and disowned by family.

take it as a learning lesson. stay safe
Yes thanks bro. am trying to get back on my feet while still being fearful of my surroundinds and staying vigilant
Old 11-06-2020, 02:58 AM   #2346

Just a update for my case.. one of the UML has called up my company and also sent in an email this afternoon asking my whereabouts and asking me to pay them. The email got cc to all the big shots in the company and i tried my best to explain to my boss who is understanding but limited to what he could do.

So after discussion the best way will be for me to tender resignation with immediate effect rather than waiting for the HR to terminate me.

I was obviously sad and super broke down losing a job in time of a crisis like this.. im just staying strong now and hopefully i can overcome this period.

To all who suffer the same fate as me trust me this is not the end although its really disheartening to the core
Hi all. Does anyone know if there's a chance the company can press charges or sue me after even my resignation should the UMl continues to harrass them? Thank you.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:44 AM   #2347

Hi all. Does anyone know if there's a chance the company can press charges or sue me after even my resignation should the UMl continues to harrass them? Thank you.
It depends on the intelligence of your company superiors.

Of course you should advise them to make a police report against the UML. They understood I am the victim and supported me throughout.

I don't understand why some employers must sack employees that are scammed. They should ignore these UML and their harassment.But they seem to adhere to the UML baseless threats. UML might as well focus on companies instead of individuals for big bucks.

For your question, no one can really answer but sue you under what basis? They should sue the UML.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 06:16 AM   #2348

It depends on the intelligence of your company superiors.

Of course you should advise them to make a police report against the UML. They understood I am the victim and supported me throughout.

I don't understand why some employers must sack employees that are scammed. They should ignore these UML and their harassment.But they seem to adhere to the UML baseless threats. UML might as well focus on companies instead of individuals for big bucks.

For your question, no one can really answer but sue you under what basis? They should sue the UML.
Yes i agreed.. local companies should at least try to listen to the difficulty of the employee rather than sacking them firsthand. Losing a rice bowl just like that is very very devastating.

By saying if they will sue me i mean like if the UML constantly harass them is there any code of law that they have the right to sue us, as its because of our mistake that causes the harrassment. although its not stated in the employment contract.
Old 11-06-2020, 11:03 AM   #2349

Yes i agreed.. local companies should at least try to listen to the difficulty of the employee rather than sacking them firsthand. Losing a rice bowl just like that is very very devastating.

By saying if they will sue me i mean like if the UML constantly harass them is there any code of law that they have the right to sue us, as its because of our mistake that causes the harrassment. although its not stated in the employment contract.
Take care and stay strong!
firsttimebuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:08 AM   #2350

I dont think there is any code of law in such cases. If u are working in public/government sectors, thete are such code of conduct where staffs are not suppose to borrow money from LML and UML. They are to declare indebtness every year. If violate, at most terminate contract. No such thing as sue u or jail term.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #2351

I dont think there is any code of law in such cases. If u are working in public/government sectors, thete are such code of conduct where staffs are not suppose to borrow money from LML and UML. They are to declare indebtness every year. If violate, at most terminate contract. No such thing as sue u or jail term.
Thank u for the clarification
Old 11-06-2020, 12:58 PM   #2352

Thank u for the clarification
Honestly I donít know why I got scammed cox my companies have workers who got scammed too. And all we did was to tell them go go away and a police report been made. And the person no longer working with us (even though they still are).

Then they backed off. I guessed when ones desperate sigh the brains really soaked in water.

Been I think 3 weeks Iím freed and I canít be bothered with fearing now. Still vigilant but my life has returned to normal.

Like one forumer said Iím at the stage of being angry for all the inconveniences caused.
happydonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:14 PM   #2353

Honestly I donít know why I got scammed cox my companies have workers who got scammed too. And all we did was to tell them go go away and a police report been made. And the person no longer working with us (even though they still are).

Then they backed off. I guessed when ones desperate sigh the brains really soaked in water.

Been I think 3 weeks Iím freed and I canít be bothered with fearing now. Still vigilant but my life has returned to normal.

Like one forumer said Iím at the stage of being angry for all the inconveniences caused.
We might had lost all our saving because of this scam..
We might had lost Our job because of this scam..
We might had lost our friends and love one because of this scam..
We might had already lost everything..
Since we had nothing left to lost.. why are we still fear of them! 😉

Last edited by SeeBlueSkyAgain; 12-06-2020 at 07:50 AM..
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:06 AM   #2354

Yes thanks bro. am trying to get back on my feet while still being fearful of my surroundinds and staying vigilant
Really no need to fear, all stupid scare tactics. If they ever dare to send runner to harass you, report asap. As long got cctv, will be caught in no time.

Pick yourself up, eat properly, sleep properly, don't dwell on it too much. As long you don't pay, you will be forgotten by them very soon. Hang in there!
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #2355

Really no need to fear, all stupid scare tactics. If they ever dare to send runner to harass you, report asap. As long got cctv, will be caught in no time.

Pick yourself up, eat properly, sleep properly, don't dwell on it too much. As long you don't pay, you will be forgotten by them very soon. Hang in there!
Thanks bro. Although we can't know when they will strike, i still can't sleep at night. Opening my windows so i can see outside activities. Hopefully i can be more chill after awhile
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.