HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #2416

Yes more than 1 UML, but I suspect they are the same person.

1. Yes I believe so, I closed my account this won’t be able to give exact figures.

2. They asked me to call them, and is giving me 3 days.
Stop paying.
Make police report
Install CCTV
Change phone number
Close social media account
Inform NOK

Dun try other ways to solve this issue. You will get into more problem.
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 10:18 PM   #2417

Need some advice on ALs..

I whatsapp photo of NRIC + bank transactions over to a foreigner, not knowing it's a stranger and deletion couldn't be done in time.

I've blocked my card and disable phone-in service for my telcom but i am really worried about it....

Will he be able to use the data to borrow loans/make me as a guarantor without me knowing ? Any ways i can prevent this from happening?

Last edited by ipoopy; 14-07-2020 at 06:40 PM..
ipoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 09:24 PM   #2418

Need some advice on ALs..

I whatsapp photo of NRIC + bank transactions over to a foreigner, not knowing it's a stranger and deletion couldn't be done in time.

I've blocked my card and disable phone-in service for my telcom but i am really worried about it....

Will he be able to use the data to borrow loans/make me as a guarantor without me knowing ? Any ways i can prevent this from happening?
Your info may be used. Make a police report.
InADilemma01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 12:28 AM   #2419

Hello recently i got into a case with loansharks. I went to Send the loanshark my IC front and back,video called him with my face,provided my Parents' contact number and my parttime work office number. The loanshark asked me for my info and i gave but when he asked for my singpass Login info i realised it was a loanshark and told him i wasnt interested and blocked him.

He then came and called me with multiple phone numbers and threathened to Come down to my place and showed me a list of pics with 0$P$ graffitis and Doors in flames.

I then went to the police station to file a report. They asked me to Block their number. After i went to the police station, the loanshark told me that he couldnt Transfer money to my Account and that he told me to Lend from him next time. But then i realised they deposited $50 into my account when the loan amount he said was $400. But i still blocked them even after they gave me $50.

Now my question is : Will they still send their runners down to Pour paint etc for the $50 they gave me? (PS* I still havent received the $400 that the loansharks said they were gonna give me)
kitkat88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 03:43 PM   #2420

Hello recently i got into a case with loansharks. I went to Send the loanshark my IC front and back,video called him with my face,provided my Parents' contact number and my parttime work office number. The loanshark asked me for my info and i gave but when he asked for my singpass Login info i realised it was a loanshark and told him i wasnt interested and blocked him.

He then came and called me with multiple phone numbers and threathened to Come down to my place and showed me a list of pics with 0$P$ graffitis and Doors in flames.

I then went to the police station to file a report. They asked me to Block their number. After i went to the police station, the loanshark told me that he couldnt Transfer money to my Account and that he told me to Lend from him next time. But then i realised they deposited $50 into my account when the loan amount he said was $400. But i still blocked them even after they gave me $50.

Now my question is : Will they still send their runners down to Pour paint etc for the $50 they gave me? (PS* I still havent received the $400 that the loansharks said they were gonna give me)
Move on. Lesson learnt. No point guessing what they will do, not in yr control.
cw3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #2421

Hi kitkat88, we cannot control what the loan sharks or scammers will or will not do. But you can definitely do something - that is, to protect yourself in the potential areas they might come harassing or attacking, based on the information they have of you. For example, you might want to tell your parents or workplace that some loan scammers have gotten hold of your info and are threatening you, and that you have made a police report. Let them know not to pick up unknown phone calls. Temporarily deactivate yourself from any social media platforms where they might find you. $50 is not a big sum - it'll be quite a waste of time for them to be hounding you for months over 50 bucks.
hungryllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2020, 07:51 PM   #2422

add

kitkat88,

Since you've made Police report next thing is just continue to block their number. Don't bother answer their SMS, whatsapp. Block, block, block.

Just keep the $50 for the harassment they did to you. Keep updating the Investigating Officer assign to you.

The only harm they do is hurt your feelings and try to scare you. Seriously for $50, I highly doubt they waste their time and effort on you, IF you stop ALL communication with them.

I and many others was their victim. We know their tactics. No fear.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #2423

kitkat88,

Since you've made Police report next thing is just continue to block their number. Don't bother answer their SMS, whatsapp. Block, block, block.

Just keep the $50 for the harassment they did to you. Keep updating the Investigating Officer assign to you.

The only harm they do is hurt your feelings and try to scare you. Seriously for $50, I highly doubt they waste their time and effort on you, IF you stop ALL communication with them.

I and many others was their victim. We know their tactics. No fear.
Actually, isn't it better to just return that $50 so they have nothing to do with him? Better than living in fear that they 'might' do something.
Prompting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2020, 06:59 PM   #2424

Actually, isn't it better to just return that $50 so they have nothing to do with him? Better than living in fear that they 'might' do something.
The account they used to transfer the $ over may have been used for illegal transactions/activities. If he transfers money to that account and the account comes under police investigation, he may be unintentionally implicated too. Not wise. Better to stop all association.
hungryllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2020, 06:49 PM   #2425

Hi. I recently also have some trouble with loan scam/shark. Basically I report to police their bank account number. The bank account is frozen I think. But they track down is me report police. Now he say things like. The 2 persons will take revenge to me for reporting to police. Have my home address and workplace number. Notify my family members and my manager about this. Report police again. Can I know is there any advise? Thanks.
Suitelife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 12:09 AM   #2426

Hi guys i recently stopped paying the uml
And he say he will send his man up to my house and all that but i replied him strongly.i wasnt scared cos i cleared his loan and he kept asking me take loan again the time he trf me the money without asking me then he ask me pay.them payment day i tell him i wont pay cos i nvr take your loan thn end of the day he give account i give back his money.then today he ask for payment again saying that day nit clear loan.but i jus say ah come my house ah i not scared of you like i never give in to him.what do you think guys will he send people over my house
Azrayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 09:49 AM   #2427

Hi guys i recently stopped paying the uml
And he say he will send his man up to my house and all that but i replied him strongly.i wasnt scared cos i cleared his loan and he kept asking me take loan again the time he trf me the money without asking me then he ask me pay.them payment day i tell him i wont pay cos i nvr take your loan thn end of the day he give account i give back his money.then today he ask for payment again saying that day nit clear loan.but i jus say ah come my house ah i not scared of you like i never give in to him.what do you think guys will he send people over my house
This one is see luck one, whether they will send people or not, or maybe they just keep calling you. First step is to close your bank account and make a new one. You wont believe how easy it is now to make a bank account if u have ibanking. Change phone numbers if possible.

Prevent cashflow from going past your account, what they are doing by "transferring" or "loaning" money to you is basically just using your account as a money mule. This WILL get you into trouble if you pay them back into their other money mule account.

So from what I know, some loansharks/scammers persuade a victim (example person A) into taking a loan. They then get a victim who "owes" them money (person B,C and even D) to transfer money into person A's account depending on the amount.

Then they will get person A to return the money by transferring to new victims (person E, F and maybe even G)

And it goes on and on and on.
TL;DR - close account, open new one, you are being used. Change phone number also if u can.

Hi. I recently also have some trouble with loan scam/shark. Basically I report to police their bank account number. The bank account is frozen I think. But they track down is me report police. Now he say things like. The 2 persons will take revenge to me for reporting to police. Have my home address and workplace number. Notify my family members and my manager about this. Report police again. Can I know is there any advise? Thanks.
At most they call and harass nia, they wont send people to your workplace and risk getting their runners caught, at most to your home nia. If no money was given i doubt they'd bother to do anything other than spam call u.
Your police report might not even have been the one that got their accounts frozen in the first place.
Dont let those cb scare u
pls_help_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 01:11 PM   #2428

This one is see luck one, whether they will send people or not, or maybe they just keep calling you. First step is to close your bank account and make a new one. You wont believe how easy it is now to make a bank account if u have ibanking. Change phone numbers if possible.

Prevent cashflow from going past your account, what they are doing by "transferring" or "loaning" money to you is basically just using your account as a money mule. This WILL get you into trouble if you pay them back into their other money mule account.

So from what I know, some loansharks/scammers persuade a victim (example person A) into taking a loan. They then get a victim who "owes" them money (person B,C and even D) to transfer money into person A's account depending on the amount.

Then they will get person A to return the money by transferring to new victims (person E, F and maybe even G)

And it goes on and on and on.
TL;DR - close account, open new one, you are being used. Change phone number also if u can.

At most they call and harass nia, they wont send people to your workplace and risk getting their runners caught, at most to your home nia. If no money was given i doubt they'd bother to do anything other than spam call u.
Your police report might not even have been the one that got their accounts frozen in the first place.
Dont let those cb scare u
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have also install camera at my household. I am just afraid they will splash paint on my neighbour door. Have tell neighbours about this also first. Regret...
Suitelife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #2429

Thx man i am not scared of them tho
Whenever they msg me i just flame them
Azrayi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 10:08 PM   #2430

Thx man i am not scared of them tho
Whenever they msg me i just flame them
Best to still close off your account and reopen a new one. Less than 10 minutes can settle liao, if unsure how, go to your bank and ask and remember DONT SHARE BANK DETAILS ANYWHERE except your HR to do payroll lol

Money going into your account from the victims MIGHT get you implicated for no reason. The loan scammers might get victims to transfer money to your account and if that person reports your account then hoseh liao. Reopening one saves you A LOT of future problems, remember to update ur HR after u change bank acc too.

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have also install camera at my household. I am just afraid they will splash paint on my neighbour door. Have tell neighbours about this also first. Regret...
You see hbd area also full of cameras nowadays, the moment someone comes and do something, confirm kenna arrest one. Our police are always hard at work
pls_help_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.