Old 13-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #241

Pls give me some advice as I'm desperately worried
Suz120373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #242

Pls give me some advice as I'm desperately worried
have you made a polis report ?
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #243

currently in the same situation as you , been ignoring the LS for few days now and they had contacted my Nok on the weekend. really not sure what to do .
IzAvass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #244

Suz120373 06:30 AM Today
Hi.. same situation here but I have paid about one or two deferments. They been calling and msging me but I didn't response .. most likely they gonna call my office today. How about you?
First thing first. Stay claim.
Inform NOKs/Office.
Report to the police.
Then if possible install CCTV. (This will help you find peace)
For this period of time do not pick up any call coming from any unknown number.
Block out all form of communication with them.
Inform nok not to pick up any call from unknown numbers too.
And last thing is to move on with life.
Today marks 9th day of my mia. I finally find strength for whatever thats coming.
You will only find peace once you cut off communication with them. Trust this forum.

Cheers mate.
boyseakingforhelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #245

currently in the same situation as you , been ignoring the LS for few days now and they had contacted my Nok on the weekend. really not sure what to do .
Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. I have informed my colleague that I have been scammed in case they call my office. I'm also lost
Old 13-08-2019, 11:01 AM   #246

What you can do is to cut off all communication with them. And I mean all form of communication. Tbh thereís nothing they can do beside calling and threatening you verbally. If they have the ballz. They would have come and meet you in person.
Move on with life.

Cheers mate.
Old 13-08-2019, 01:05 PM   #247

What you can do is to cut off all communication with them. And I mean all form of communication. Tbh thereís nothing they can do beside calling and threatening you verbally. If they have the ballz. They would have come and meet you in person.
Move on with life.

Cheers mate.

thank you for the advise really appreciate it,anyway should i also change my phone number and close my bank account ?
IzAvass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #248

yes u should , close all social media,
CloudClau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 05:25 PM   #249

First thing first. Stay claim.
Inform NOKs/Office.
Report to the police.
Then if possible install CCTV. (This will help you find peace)
For this period of time do not pick up any call coming from any unknown number.
Block out all form of communication with them.
Inform nok not to pick up any call from unknown numbers too.
And last thing is to move on with life.
Today marks 9th day of my mia. I finally find strength for whatever thats coming.
You will only find peace once you cut off communication with them. Trust this forum.

Cheers mate.

Hi, my friend needed money about 1-2 weeks back. Came across Gain Credit, asked for quotation and loan terms. They took own sweet time to reply despite saying fast approval. The next day, it was just calling and calling asking for his personal info. 'LML' called up my friend's wife's workplace as IRAS and verified all details. Lml then barked non stop when otp with my friend, asked my friend to pay $200 to cancel 'approved loan' or take up $370 and pay $200x3 weeks. Stupidly(as I was making a police report), he told the guy he'll take up $370. As we were at the police station, money was credited. Closed off the bank account the next day and told LML that he will pay $600 immediately. Lml said 'okokokokokokblahblahblahblah' and delayed bank account number until 11th aug, the day he was suppose to pay $200. Sent him a ss of receipt and all was well. Today, LML CASUALLY talked to my friend and tried to persuade him to take another loan, he ignored the message. But $420 was credited to his NEW BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER. Called up POSB and they confirmed that someone called at 2pm+ using my friend's information to get the new account number. Have already reported it and now processing with refund back to LML's account.

TLDR;
Due to possible harrass, have decided to install CCTV because they keep finding ways to credit money into account.
How long does it take for HDB to approve CCTV installation? What reason can be given for installation?
xlimbuibui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #250

thank you for the advise really appreciate it,anyway should i also change my phone number and close my bank account ?
Not necessary to change number in my opinion. But closing your bank account is a must! You can doing it easily using your app. Open a new account. And close the old one. But closing of account have to be done over a internet browser.
Old 14-08-2019, 08:24 AM   #251

Sleepless nights.. they been sending messages to call back if not they gonna comr to come to my house and office .. gosh
Old 14-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #252

The Police have arrested two female teenagers, aged 15 and 17, for their suspected involvement in loansharking activities.

https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-p...g_Activities_G
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #253

Its threats and all threats. I have been through your situation like this almost 2 months back. At first it’s very worrying, but it’s all really threats.

Do what this forum advised as follows
- make police report
- install cctv
- inform workplace and nok that you have been scammed and not to respond to any calls or messages
- close off your bank account
- block off any unknown numbers and do not respond to any contact from them.
- switch off your phone at night so you can have a peaceful sleep

At this moment you have to stay strong. Remember all they can do is threaten you.
We are all here to support one another. 💪🏻

Sleepless nights.. they been sending messages to call back if not they gonna comr to come to my house and office .. gosh
Heartyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:32 AM   #254

These are the works of loansharks. Gain Credit is a LML but the LS might have use their name to scam people out there.

LML will required you to go down to their office to get loan documents done as they are legal. Anything that operates through online without meeting anyone in person to get documents signed at their office is illegal.

The calling to bank to get new account number is absurd. Possible to call the bank and inform them not to divulge any information through calls?

Hi, my friend needed money about 1-2 weeks back. Came across Gain Credit, asked for quotation and loan terms. They took own sweet time to reply despite saying fast approval. The next day, it was just calling and calling asking for his personal info. 'LML' called up my friend's wife's workplace as IRAS and verified all details. Lml then barked non stop when otp with my friend, asked my friend to pay $200 to cancel 'approved loan' or take up $370 and pay $200x3 weeks. Stupidly(as I was making a police report), he told the guy he'll take up $370. As we were at the police station, money was credited. Closed off the bank account the next day and told LML that he will pay $600 immediately. Lml said 'okokokokokokblahblahblahblah' and delayed bank account number until 11th aug, the day he was suppose to pay $200. Sent him a ss of receipt and all was well. Today, LML CASUALLY talked to my friend and tried to persuade him to take another loan, he ignored the message. But $420 was credited to his NEW BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER. Called up POSB and they confirmed that someone called at 2pm+ using my friend's information to get the new account number. Have already reported it and now processing with refund back to LML's account.

TLDR;
Due to possible harrass, have decided to install CCTV because they keep finding ways to credit money into account.
How long does it take for HDB to approve CCTV installation? What reason can be given for installation?
Heartyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 10:52 AM   #255

Its threats and all threats. I have been through your situation like this almost 2 months back. At first itís very worrying, but itís all really threats.

Do what this forum advised as follows
- make police report
- install cctv
- inform workplace and nok that you have been scammed and not to respond to any calls or messages
- close off your bank account
- block off any unknown numbers and do not respond to any contact from them.
- switch off your phone at night so you can have a peaceful sleep

At this moment you have to stay strong. Remember all they can do is threaten you.
We are all here to support one another. 💪🏻
Thank you for your words. I'm really hoping it's just threats. It's very disturbing.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.