Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leave it to the police... I am sure they are working on it. TBH, SPF also has to prioritize their case and investigation (between arson vs murder/injuries involved, which one more severe). I am sure they logged your case and are working on it.

Like one said earlier, our activities are already tracked the moment you leave your flat, from the lifts, to the bus stop.. there are cameras everywhere... If you need a peace of mind, go youtube watch crimewatch.. there is an episode on loanshark harassement... SPF command centre is no joke.

Leave it to them... maybe they are gathering more information to catch the big fish.

No I din doubt or underestimate SPF la.
Of course SPF CCTV powerful. I'm talking about my own cctv installed.
Me and my spouse are always on alert to catch the runner red handed.
Don't get me wrong.
I gt frustrated when I catch the bloody runner red handed but somehow he manage to get away from my very own eyes. When was asked to describe features, I can't because of his face mask.

Reaction score
No I din doubt or underestimate SPF la.
Of course SPF CCTV powerful. I'm talking about my own cctv installed.
Me and my spouse are always on alert to catch the runner red handed.
Don't get me wrong.
I gt frustrated when I catch the bloody runner red handed but somehow he manage to get away from my very own eyes. When was asked to describe features, I can't because of his face mask.

No to worry about runners wearing face mask. Spf have other sources to track them. U may watch the crimewatch episode on loanshark harassment. U will be surprised. Spf also able to track runners in helmets.
One very good example is the very recent case where a group of indians wearing helmets robbed the licensed moneylenders. Spf able to catch them within hours.

Last edited:

lazypin88

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just like some friends here, I enquired a loan thinking that it was a LML ,after giving my particulars for their application. They called me and said that I could not take up the requested loan amount because I am a new debtor, instead they ask me to take up this bi-weekly loan.
They offer me 800$ take 600$ weekly pay them 200$. Just like everyone here have experienced and the same details.
After knowing this, I immediately didn't further reply them or answer their calls. They will call your NOK and tell them that ; ask your son to pick up his phone and verbally abuse them.
-
I confronted him, asking him why he did that, as UML they would deny. Even he stupid enough to use the same name when talking to me and my NOK. I rejected every offer, and yet he still transferred me the 600$.
-
I reported my case to the police, to let them know about everything that's happening. It is very important to do this, why because, money transferred can be traced back to the original bank account, it is confidential to us, but it is very important for the police investigation.
-
The UML will proceed to spam call you and harass you and NOK via call and whatsapp, do not be afraid, if your parents are using whatsapp, just tell them not to entertain and teach them how to report via the whatsapp app. They will use your parents whatsapp photos edit it, and threatened you. Just stay calm. Whatever number they whastapp you, please I repeat please! Do not reply and click report via the whatsapp app, they have an algorithm that will deactivate the account if there is an amount of report on it.
They will proceed to call you, please teach your NOK how to automatically reject and block these numbers.
If you're using android;
Go to your phone contacts and select spam reject and caller ID protection. It works so please enable it.
-
Call your bank and ask if can revert the amount, they will tell you might take 3-5 days, IF successful, close your account immediately. Inform your parents (sometimes they might be old fashioned or skeptical) that the bank have revert the money and tell them that everything is safe that you don't owe them money (this will give them the emotional support to support you by not giving in to these harassment).
-
IF bank for whatever reason, fail to revert. Take out the cash and close your account, within this 3-5 days period, please be vigilant of ur surroundings and neighbourhood, i will tell you what to look for.
If you are just like me and a few that fall in to this enquire scams compared to actual debtors that already took up loan. Do not cave in. They will not burn down your house those videos are years ago and only to those that have owed...a it too much?
Be strong and just stay vigilant.
-
Usually most HDB lifts and stair are installed with CCTV, so runners usually at this era won't get anyway, you might have to face the consequences of this short term harassment. On your off days or late night, take a jog or walk around your neighbourhood, find spots where 'youth punk' or 'matrep' can easily hang on, like study corners etc. Also look for Malaysians but mostly youths. They are the one doing the running and door splashing or harassment. If cctv is not an option, install Motion sensor lights near your window or front door, usually these will deter or scare them.(why i say this, runners that does these, are doing for the money, they know its illegal and usually they are on a very high alert in order to evade arrest, so little things that can set their guard off is worth doing).
-
Reporting to police again is essential.
Do you know how they got you these payments and usually its from a cash accepting machine?
These are the scams or programme they are doing;

A) the money to your account can be from another debtor that wishes to do a ONE TIME full payment, and was instructed to use cash. This enables the UML to wash it money and also receive additional 200$ from you (as the deferment loan).

B) Online sale scam/carousell/shoppe scam;
They use your account as a receiving end. People that fall for it often are those deals too good to be true or pre-payment first. What they do is, they advertise they sell something for 600, they will convince you to take up this loan of 600$ first to test your payment schedule. So tada, you're at the receiving end of this scam. So very important you report to the police so they know that you are not a scammer but a victim.

C) online gambling debtors. Self explanatory.
D) illegal substance or contraband payment.
-
Why you shouldn't transfer the money and stop transferring.
You are aiding in their operations; by doing daily or bi weekly payment.
You are paying for their runners and expenses.
Its smart because these money usually don't trace back to them.
So why they ask you, must confirm one day in advance, because they will do their online shopping and have to find that amount you are transferring to buy, so you're just transferring the money to that buyer account and the UML and buyer will deal privately.
-
Stop and think before you get yourself in to too deep of trouble. If bank cannot help you, start small with LML, I went to them and based on your need they can help with other solutions.
Stay strong and safe. Times now is hard. But ride out the storm, you will see a better sky.

Hello my situation similar to yours, can you PM me I’m so anxious rn

lazypin88

Reaction score
Just want to share, recently kanna loan scam enquire a personal loan and after don't want to take up this guy forced transfer $400 to my bank account and ask me to transfer $600 or he will do something to me and family. What the hell is happening. Anyway, I quickly reported to the bank on the unauthorized transaction and make a police report and surrender the $400 to the police . After that I closed my bank account. Kanna spam watsapp and nuisance calls as expected but as advice by police don't communicate with them. To those people who are victims, remember you are not alone. Don't pay them and just ignore them. Never be a runner for them not worth to do it. If you kanna caught that's the end. Mandatory canning no joke.

Hi any update on this? Did they harass you physically? I’m facing something similar

Banana Mipanzuzuzuzu

Reaction score
Leave it to the police... I am sure they are working on it. TBH, SPF also has to prioritize their case and investigation (between arson vs murder/injuries involved, which one more severe). I am sure they logged your case and are working on it.

Like one said earlier, our activities are already tracked the moment you leave your flat, from the lifts, to the bus stop.. there are cameras everywhere... If you need a peace of mind, go youtube watch crimewatch.. there is an episode on loanshark harassement... SPF command centre is no joke.

Leave it to them... maybe they are gathering more information to catch the big fish.

Yes.to my surprise most of my neighbours have installed CCTV as well,opposite block did the same too.
We should stand tgether on this.
These scammers just want suck our monies dry.

Banana Mipanzuzuzuzu

Reaction score
No to worry about runners wearing face mask. Spf have other sources to track them. U may watch the crimewatch episode on loanshark harassment. U will be surprised. Spf also able to track runners in helmets.
One very good example is the very recent case where a group of indians wearing helmets robbed the licensed moneylenders. Spf able to catch them within hours.

Should watch the episodes for a piece of mind, man..

Danerthomng

Reaction score
How long did they harass your for? Did they ever come to your place?

It all happened within a day of enquiring and the transfer. They will call your NOK, just talk to your NOK, that it was a scam and show them the police report. The reason for this is because, NOK are vulnerable, we don't want them to do the transfer. Today is my 3rd day. I've managed to block all their numbers. I have yet to see them door to door. Now is school holidays, so you might need to be vigilant. Follow what I said above for measures.

green72

Reaction score
Hi any update on this? Did they harass you physically? I’m facing something similar

To others like yourself, you need to know there is no physical harassment to victims 99.9% of the time.

The only physical harassment is to your outside wall or gate by splashing or chain lock gate or paste O$P$ at your common corridor to scare you once or twice.

99.9% harassment is virtually torturing your mind
through phone calls and messages by threatening to shame you. Thickened your skin but to tell the truth they are just BS you.

This is Singapore! No worries.

So block these calls and messages so they are not able to harass you. It's so simple that victims don't believe it will work.

Add CCTV and rope in friends and family for moral support and comfort and these scammers will disappear from your life in a matter of weeks.

Last edited:

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Armed robbery or any crimes that involve weapons or injuries, SPF will usually take few days to apprehend these people. Especially now when these people cannot run across to causeway. so they have no where to hide.

Louise1002

Reaction score
Hi, I encountered the same loam scam thru fb. I gave them my address, bank account, payslips. But at the end of the day, I realised it's a scam and I didn't receive any money from them.
They kept on sending me messages and the pictures of the block I am staying (rent). I'd lodged a police report. I am so worry that they will come and harass my housemates and neighbours. What should I do? I am so worry 😭😭😭

Suitelife11

Reaction score
Hi, I encountered the same loam scam thru fb. I gave them my address, bank account, payslips. But at the end of the day, I realised it's a scam and I didn't receive any money from them.
They kept on sending me messages and the pictures of the block I am staying (rent). I'd lodged a police report. I am so worry that they will come and harass my housemates and neighbours. What should I do? I am so worry 😭😭😭

Tell your housemates and neighbours and everybody at your workplace the truth. Show them your police report. Not to add to your worries I hope but loan scammer are very aggressive and will definitely send runner to splash paint or chain lock your house. But once they do that and still never get any money from you, they will give up. Runner will definitely be arrested in a matter of days in Singapore so don’t worry about it.

Basically, don’t ever transfer them any money. Definitely block them all the way and don’t show fear.

Louise1002

Reaction score
Tell your housemates and neighbours and everybody at your workplace the truth. Show them your police report. Not to add to your worries I hope but loan scammer are very aggressive and will definitely send runner to splash paint or chain lock your house. But once they do that and still never get any money from you, they will give up. Runner will definitely be arrested in a matter of days in Singapore so don’t worry about it.

Basically, don’t ever transfer them any money. Definitely block them all the way and don’t show fear.

I'd told my housemates and neighbours about it. I'd made a police report but there's no news from the IO, should I make a second report again? Previously before I notice that it's a scam, I'd transfered total of 3.6k to them, but didn't get any money from them. And now I'd blocked them all. Just worry they will come and harass my housemates and neighbours

Suitelife11

Reaction score
I'd told my housemates and neighbours about it. I'd made a police report but there's no news from the IO, should I make a second report again? Previously before I notice that it's a scam, I'd transfered total of 3.6k to them, but didn't get any money from them. And now I'd blocked them all. Just worry they will come and harass my housemates and neighbours

Just read back the forums again. And you can know what to do. Making 2nd police report has no use due to Police force only will do something once they send runners to physically harass your house area. Even if you make report now they will do nothing and will advise you to keep blocking them. Just block them all and don’t transfer any more money.

Just treat the 3.6k as a grave lesson to never trust in borrowing money ever again. Doesn’t matter if is UML, LML or even bank. Just don’t borrow again. You cannot get the money back anymore. You need money during these COVID situation? Go and apply for government scheme during these hard time.

Louise1002

Reaction score
Just read back the forums again. And you can know what to do. Making 2nd police report has no use due to Police force only will do something once they send runners to physically harass your house area. Even if you make report now they will do nothing and will advise you to keep blocking them. Just block them all and don’t transfer any more money.

Just treat the 3.6k as a grave lesson to never trust in borrowing money ever again. Doesn’t matter if is UML, LML or even bank. Just don’t borrow again. You cannot get the money back anymore. You need money during these COVID situation? Go and apply for government scheme during these hard time.

I went to the NPC but they don't wanna file another report. They just asked me to call and follow up with the IO and tell him about the harassment or call 999 if there's suspicious people loitering outside my unit. Is there any cheap and good doorbell cctv can recommend?
I need the money coz of COVID situation.

m@maboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now xiaomi camera reasonable price. just need to ensure your house has wifi which i assume so.

I went to the NPC but they don't wanna file another report. They just asked me to call and follow up with the IO and tell him about the harassment or call 999 if there's suspicious people loitering outside my unit. Is there any cheap and good doorbell cctv can recommend?
I need the money coz of COVID situation.

green72

Reaction score
CNA - 3 charged for selling customer data.

I'm sure it is rampant in telco and banking/financial sectors. Only a matter of time before these individuals get caught.

Have you ever wonder how those sms or whatsapp msg soliciting loans you received? How they know your number? Especially for those who sometimes made late payment.

Last edited:

IwanttokillUML

Reaction score

Just install a camera, once you capture a harassment activity call 999 immediately.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.