HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2019, 11:13 AM   #256

Thank you for your words. I'm really hoping it's just threats. It's very disturbing.
My aldy 2 mths till now , thankfully is peaceful but my CCTV is still running 24hrs , i chg number n close bank account aldy
CloudClau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #257

Exclamation

currently in the same situation as you , been ignoring the LS for few days now and they had contacted my Nok on the weekend. really not sure what to do .

Don't worry, all started with not sure what to do.

Step 1: Read the last 20 pages of this thread.
Step 2: Cut contact and DO NOT PAY!

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #258

My aldy 2 mths till now , thankfully is peaceful but my CCTV is still running 24hrs , i chg number n close bank account aldy
Did they even turn up at all from the start?
Suz120373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #259

Did they even turn up at all from the start?
They called up my office and asked for me but hang up before answered
Suz120373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #260

Hi iím a victim of UML. last sat texted them enquiring abt loan and they said i can get the loan on the same day but i have to transfer $500 as deposit. which i stupidly transferred thinking it is their standard procedure. they ide valled me to ensure itís really me holding my ic. currently they have my ic, office contact and home phone. they told me the loan amount will be transfered to me by hat night but u didnt receive anything till the next day.

texted them and threatened them that i will go to the police. at that point of time i told them i no longer need the loan so just give me back $500. they said they will only return the money if i send them nude pics. i continued telling them i will report them to the police. next they send me a proof of transaction that they send a couple of thousands to my account which was obviously fake. and they threatened to call my office and home if i didnt send the nudes. as of now they have transferred me any $$$ yet but ive given the $500.

i dont care about the money i gave them already but i just hope they wont bother me anymore. theyíve been quiet for about a week now. what should i do?
helpmoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 01:40 PM   #261

they havent transferred me any money*
Old 14-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #262

Dont give in to their demands .. stay strong . Report police and follow the recommended steps in this forum... There is no chance of u getting ur money back so dont belive anything they say. Just forget about the 500... Move on...

Hi i’m a victim of UML. last sat texted them enquiring abt loan and they said i can get the loan on the same day but i have to transfer $500 as deposit. which i stupidly transferred thinking it is their standard procedure. they ide valled me to ensure it’s really me holding my ic. currently they have my ic, office contact and home phone. they told me the loan amount will be transfered to me by hat night but u didnt receive anything till the next day.

texted them and threatened them that i will go to the police. at that point of time i told them i no longer need the loan so just give me back $500. they said they will only return the money if i send them nude pics. i continued telling them i will report them to the police. next they send me a proof of transaction that they send a couple of thousands to my account which was obviously fake. and they threatened to call my office and home if i didnt send the nudes. as of now they have transferred me any $$$ yet but ive given the $500.

i dont care about the money i gave them already but i just hope they wont bother me anymore. they’ve been quiet for about a week now. what should i do?
klasikcocacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 01:50 PM   #263

Just inform them u no longer work there... Doubt they even recognize ur voice . Just bare with the calls for a week or so... Eventually they will give up calling .

They called up my office and asked for me but hang up before answered
Old 14-08-2019, 01:56 PM   #264

Yes iím going to the police station today. And i really dont care about my money anymore. I just want to stop any potential harrassment as they have my details.

Any other things i should do?
Old 14-08-2019, 02:03 PM   #265

These are the works of loansharks. Gain Credit is a LML but the LS might have use their name to scam people out there.

LML will required you to go down to their office to get loan documents done as they are legal. Anything that operates through online without meeting anyone in person to get documents signed at their office is illegal.

The calling to bank to get new account number is absurd. Possible to call the bank and inform them not to divulge any information through calls?
Talked to them about it and they weren't apologetic cause they said they 'verified' with the caller. It makes no sense to ask for Full name and number of accounts only . anyone can get verified easily lol. They did ask to use phone banking pin to prevent such things from happening. Have decided to close the bank account for the time being once the money gets refunded to the money lender. working on getting permit for cctv
xlimbuibui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 02:14 PM   #266

Close the account and open another with another bank.

Cctv can go ahead to install first as Long as its at ur main door and not invading in neighbour privacy will be ok.

Talked to them about it and they weren't apologetic cause they said they 'verified' with the caller. It makes no sense to ask for Full name and number of accounts only . anyone can get verified easily lol. They did ask to use phone banking pin to prevent such things from happening. Have decided to close the bank account for the time being once the money gets refunded to the money lender. working on getting permit for cctv
Heartyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 02:15 PM   #267

Maybe its also best to deactivate all social media accounts u have... Stay in the dark for a few months.

Yes i’m going to the police station today. And i really dont care about my money anymore. I just want to stop any potential harrassment as they have my details.

Any other things i should do?
Old 14-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #268

Don’t think they will do anything to u. Because they didn’t transfer u any money. In fact even earn money from you..

The only thing they will do is harass u to milk more money from you. Do not give in to any of their request and cut off all contact with them.

Closed the bank acc you given them and shut down social media as advised by the rest.

Stay strong!

Hi i’m a victim of UML. last sat texted them enquiring abt loan and they said i can get the loan on the same day but i have to transfer $500 as deposit. which i stupidly transferred thinking it is their standard procedure. they ide valled me to ensure it’s really me holding my ic. currently they have my ic, office contact and home phone. they told me the loan amount will be transfered to me by hat night but u didnt receive anything till the next day.

i dont care about the money i gave them already but i just hope they wont bother me anymore. they’ve been quiet for about a week now. what should i do?
Heartyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #269

Thank you!

I really hope they wont transfer anything to my account and itíll be the end. Afterall i stopped replying to them the minute they asked for nudes.
Old 14-08-2019, 02:57 PM   #270

Close the account and open another with another bank.

Cctv can go ahead to install first as Long as its at ur main door and not invading in neighbour privacy will be ok.
Need to wait for bank to transfer the money back to origin first, because the money now inside the account. Police have been updated with this. Suggested to install cctv first but if HDB find out later, will fine 1k for not having a permit.
xlimbuibui is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.