HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2020, 05:46 AM   #3136

Don't bother nego with them already. They don't accept payment delay. Just stop contacting or paying them immediately as of today, now.

This is the only way to begin the end of the harassment. It will intensify in the beginning but it will end soon enough.

Install call blocking apps on your hp. I'm using an android phone and install an app named " Call blocker" by Vlad Lee. Very useful as it blocks all calls not on your contact list. Too bad if a number not related to the UML tries to call you but get's block. It really helps gives you a peace of mind during this period while still able to receive calls from those you know.

My advise is to stay put, endure for a few weeks, seek help from Police if harassed and soon it will end. To continue contacting the UML only results in delaying your ordeal.

You want this to end fast, ghost them ASAP.

https://mothership.sg/2020/09/sengkang-compassvale-street-loanshark/?fbclid=IwAR2gKOA_vzqaxZP6S4F_6Ii5ilxNogV1l5K0Ox0EmPaEAGdqR54HNz4Ckgk

16 year old tsk tsk
Shoniah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 05:47 AM   #3137

As long as there are carrotheads to slaughter, they will exist. I can say 10-50yrs from now still ppl can get scammed.
Police have been still patrolling my unit once or twice a day.
Old 30-09-2020, 07:22 AM   #3138
Master Member

Educate the public not to loan from loansharks.
cutekawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 07:54 AM   #3139

Don't bother nego with them already. They don't accept payment delay. Just stop contacting or paying them immediately as of today, now.

This is the only way to begin the end of the harassment. It will intensify in the beginning but it will end soon enough.

Install call blocking apps on your hp. I'm using an android phone and install an app named " Call blocker" by Vlad Lee. Very useful as it blocks all calls not on your contact list. Too bad if a number not related to the UML tries to call you but get's block. It really helps gives you a peace of mind during this period while still able to receive calls from those you know.

My advise is to stay put, endure for a few weeks, seek help from Police if harassed and soon it will end. To continue contacting the UML only results in delaying your ordeal.

You want this to end fast, ghost them ASAP.
Thanks a lot! Im looking to ghost them but the fact that the amount is so huge worries me. If its like 2-5K and u ghost them, i think after awhile, they'll find its not worth it. But the amount in my case i think its too much for them to lose and im scared their tactics will be way different for my case. Anyone here who has a similar case to mine or has huge loans with them and has ghosted them? Please share your experience with me. Ive got to commute out daily to fetch my kid and im worried i might see them loitering outside. I dont trust the condo security frankly.Security lapses have happened so many times.
StressedGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 08:00 AM   #3140

Thanks a lot! Im looking to ghost them but the fact that the amount is so huge worries me. If its like 2-5K and u ghost them, i think after awhile, they'll find its not worth it. But the amount in my case i think its too much for them to lose and im scared their tactics will be way different for my case. Anyone here who has a similar case to mine or has huge loans with them and has ghosted them? Please share your experience with me. Ive got to commute out daily to fetch my kid and im worried i might see them loitering outside. I dont trust the condo security frankly.Security lapses have happened so many times.
Sis, does that mean you really take the entire loan from them?
Suitelife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 08:10 AM   #3141

Sis, does that mean you really take the entire loan from them?
well yes. was a mistake regretably. hence im worried. no way out for me? should i just move asap?
Old 30-09-2020, 08:11 AM   #3142

I have explained in this thread before. I paid trial loans alot of times since mar to jul. The initial loan didnt even get credited into my acc. I blocked all the numbers. Sent runner to lock my gate in beginning of aug and also locked my neighbour's gate w my debtor note few days later. Spf arrested both runners within 2-3 days. After i installed cctv, they stopped harrassment and moved on to other victims.

Police still patrol my unit to check if everything is ok till today.
Old 30-09-2020, 08:12 AM   #3143

I have explained in this thread before. I paid trial loans alot of times since mar to jul. The initial loan didnt even get credited into my acc. I blocked all the numbers. Sent runner to lock my gate in beginning of aug and also locked my neighbour's gate w my debtor note few days later. Spf arrested both runners within 2-3 days. After i installed cctv, they stopped harrassment and moved on to other victims.

Police still patrol my unit to check if everything is ok till today.

The UML used a website to cheat victims. I didnt know that it was a scam and loanshark cos it was my first time. They made me lose my job in jul when they spammed call my ex office. Anyway it's hard to find job right now. Have been jobless for 2 months plus. Now doing freelance delivery jobs.
Old 30-09-2020, 08:13 AM   #3144

Really it doesn't matter the amount. Those who didn't get a single cent but gave these UML their particulars, also receive threats and harassment to pay up.

So never think they will harass you more worse just because they gave you bigger amount. Their level of intensity in terms of harassment and threats are the same.

They can't go higher like kidnapping or killing as no runner in their right mind will want to do it.

Hang on, whatever that will begin for you and family will end. Just remain a ghost. They can't do much if they cannot communicate with you. In fact they need to comms with you to scare you. Don't give them a single chance.

Last edited by green72; 30-09-2020 at 08:17 AM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #3145

well yes. was a mistake regretably. hence im worried. no way out for me? should i just move asap?
Just stay at your place. You mentioned you stay in a condo. A lot more security than a HDB.

We understand victims, if possible, don't want any encounter with them at all. But we need to face that reality and move on.

Let them come and can almost promise you, it will be over after that, if you maintain ghosting.

Don't waste time and resources against these UML. I doubt they can even enter the premises let alone your unit area.

Last edited by green72; 30-09-2020 at 08:26 AM..
Old 30-09-2020, 08:30 AM   #3146

If it is UML, not MAS licensed, asking you for ridiculous payments and ridiculous penalties. DO NOT PAY no matter what they say. File police report, ride out the harassment. Stay Strong! No need to move any where, just ignore them until they give up, put up cctv.
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #3147

Just stay at your place. You mentioned you stay in a condo. A lot more security than a HDB.

We understand victims, if possible, don't want any encounter with them at all. But we need to face that reality and move on.

Let them come and can almost promise you, it will be over after that, if you maintain ghosting.

Don't waste time and resources against these UML. I doubt they can even enter the premises let alone your unit area.
from what i know. Condo security are stricter. They will check and ask whats the purpose of coming before letting any one to enter.
Old 30-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #3148

from what i know. Condo security are stricter. They will check and ask whats the purpose of coming before letting any one to enter.
I also don't think these runners want to provide any form of identification to the security.

They can pretend to be a delivery man but still require some form of identification.
Old 30-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #3149
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi sis,

i am unsure if you have the chance to read earlier thread... but the golden advice is, dont divulge too much information here... some UMLs are lurking in here.
I was advised by the Deputy OIC of thus task force that ...there seems to be a growing trend...of FW borrowing ..and these UML will get them to "visit" those defaulters to "borrow" from them...the one that visit me yesterday wasn't aggressive...but he was more puzzled why I turned him away and he couldn't borrow ...
m@maboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2020, 10:31 AM   #3150

thank you so much. this form of support means so much. my support system at home is just my husband and my kid and no one else. it helps that ive a unique support system on this platform.Thank you all for your inputs and advice and though i can reply to each and every comment, please know that im extremely appreciative. I never expected my job which i so dearly value and of which the salary has been helpful month to month.Savings to have is tough due to the home expenses but i tried saving bit by bit. But ive learnt and i hipe i have this one good chance at a reset.Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I will update the status as the days go.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.