HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2020, 02:13 AM   #3196

Howís everything? I have replied to you in inbox.

deactivated socmed.just keeping the nbr for another wk or so to fish for what sorta deets he has so i can take the necc precautionary measures.
AngelsInTheSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:23 AM   #3197

I have a close personal friend who borrowed from loan sharks before and after she returned, nothing happened to her. Most of the people here most probably did not pay up and end up spinning tales to lobby for sympathy. Logically, why would a loan shark harass a debtor? There is no point harassing a poor person.

Harass debtors to coerce them into becoming runners/splash paint for them? Nah, loan sharks usually find young people who hanker for more money to do such jobs-just read the newspaper yourself. They need young energetic people to do such jobs, not lethargic soul-less debtors.

Harsh truths.
Archimonde the Defiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:59 AM   #3198

I have a close personal friend who borrowed from loan sharks before and after she returned, nothing happened to her. Most of the people here most probably did not pay up and end up spinning tales to lobby for sympathy. Logically, why would a loan shark harass a debtor? There is no point harassing a poor person.

Harass debtors to coerce them into becoming runners/splash paint for them? Nah, loan sharks usually find young people who hanker for more money to do such jobs-just read the newspaper yourself. They need young energetic people to do such jobs, not lethargic soul-less debtors.

Harsh truths.
And you assume a happy ending based solely on a friend. Stop painting a nice picture of them. We here share first person story.

Many here who was led to believe by these UML that they can make repayments based on the advertised plan.

For example victim A intend to take a $1k loan from these UML. They may say repayment of $100 for 12mth.

Upon giving personal data from CPF, bank and providing singpass the story changes.

These UML will transfer only $300, for example,and ask victims to return $500 by 7 days. Refering this as a test payment. Following this, UML may or may not tfr the rest but insist weekly interest repayment.

And so the money sucking begins. What may be $1k loan, can end up ten fold with no end in sight.

I doubt your motive and anyway nothing good will end borrowing from loanshark. The money they earn is usually used for other crime related business.

And you only have 3 post including this.
Remus75 likes this.

Last edited by green72; 12-10-2020 at 10:07 AM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:12 AM   #3199

Want to put a stop? Make borrowing a crime. Currently, borrower is deem as a victim.
But not all cases the victim knows that they are dealing with Ah longs. If you read a few post back, some of these UMLs post their adverts pretending to be legal money lenders including legal looking websites and fb accounts.

Only after getting trapped, then victims learned that legal financial institutions are not allowed to advertise or solicit in any media form for loans.

Last edited by green72; 12-10-2020 at 10:14 AM..
Old 12-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #3200

And you only have 3 post including this.
Your ability to read is impeccable.
Archimonde the Defiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:36 AM   #3201

Blaming victims/debtors is not going to help their harassment situation. And definitely is not the reasons for the creation of this thread.

Borrowing from loanshark is not a solution. Addressing their financial issues through legal means is the only way. Lifestyle changes also needs to be looked at.

Saying is a non-issue to deal with loanshark is blatantly wrong. Even if debtors pay regularly, they can be hauled up by the Police if other victims report because their bank account is seen as doing transfers to other victims account.

Loanshark will roll the money from debtors to debtors before ending up in their pockets.

Your friends is lucky, but many here have their bank account frozen due to this.

I will not condone any posters seen as encouraging people to borrow from loanshark.

Loanshark business needs to die. This is my life goal.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:00 PM   #3202
Arch-Supremacy Member

Kope from EDMW.

I wonder if POSB allow their employees to use spam sms and use @outlook.com email?

m@maboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:12 PM   #3203

Itís not lobbying for sympathy. Some paid till they really canít make any payment. Itís the deferments that hurt more.

Some runners I believed are debtors that agreed to do it after the loan sharks waived off their deferment for that week.

So before you start judging people, try to understand and not criticise

Harsh truths.
Remus75 likes this.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #3204

m@maboi,

Those are examples of how creatively deceiving these loansharks are.

From the start they have deceive people. What make us think they will honour the interest at 3.8 pa or $1.9k monthly for $100k loan?

Once a victim starts giving info to them, the likely thing is they will transfer maybe $1k and expect victims to return $1.3k next week.

From then on can forget about the $100k loan @$1.9k per mth. Can also forget about your peace of mind too.

And definitely, nothing to do about able to pay promptly.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:33 PM   #3205

Harsh truths.
Though I have little or no postings in HWZ, I totally agree with both Bro Green72 & Bro Angelsinthesky, your friend might be one of the lucky ones that have escape the loanshark's harassment or met a maybe not so jialat loan shark but all in all, I think we should eradicate loan sharking in Singapore. They are mostly operating from a corner of Malaysia and engaging locals who owe them money and cannot pay their interests or YPs requiring money for their high spending.

Once you get entangle with their loans, is a downwards spiral down the abyss. I have a lady friend who did not borrow or even receive any money but end up paying more than 5k to them due to their harassment. If you never kenna from them before, you wouldn't know what kind of tactics they will use on you.

Just my honest opinion and I think most affiliated in this thread must have somewhat got some sh** from them.
Remus75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 12:40 AM   #3206

Up ⬆️

Precisely. I wasnít the borrower but a victim of their constant harassment when one of my FM borrowed $500 and ended up paying thousands.

After he ghosted them, we started receiving texts, voice texts on WhatsApp with all their threats. They even traced our Facebook accounts and started harassing friends who listed their contact numbers. If it does happen to those currently, deactivate your social media accounts to prevent further harassment

So to those who think we deserved it, please rethink that some people here are also victims and sharing their experience. Those who borrowed had no choice but to seek temporary help only to get into trouble with it.

Our house got splashed too. So now we are just here to tell the borrowers donít be afraid of loan sharks.

Though I have little or no postings in HWZ, I totally agree with both Bro Green72 & Bro Angelsinthesky, your friend might be one of the lucky ones that have escape the loanshark's harassment or met a maybe not so jialat loan shark but all in all, I think we should eradicate loan sharking in Singapore. They are mostly operating from a corner of Malaysia and engaging locals who owe them money and cannot pay their interests or YPs requiring money for their high spending.

Once you get entangle with their loans, is a downwards spiral down the abyss. I have a lady friend who did not borrow or even receive any money but end up paying more than 5k to them due to their harassment. If you never kenna from them before, you wouldn't know what kind of tactics they will use on you.

Just my honest opinion and I think most affiliated in this thread must have somewhat got some sh** from them.
Remus75 likes this.
Old 13-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #3207

Harsh truths.
Logically speaking, they should not harass someone who cannot pay. But the truth is they do and they use fear and threats tactics to squeeze money out of people.

All their actions have been reported. Victims have been driven to the wall with the ridiculous tricks of their scammers.

The bottom line will always be DO NOT PAY!
Remus75 likes this.
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 10:07 AM   #3208

Agreed. I just hang up. Nowadays they seemed to have new system to call ppl. Life is short, spend it wisely.

why pick up unknown calls in the first place?

your office reception just give out handphone numbers like that?
jolingal82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 10:46 PM   #3209

Can someone help me?? I am in a very deep trouble, i need advice please..
Angella1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 09:57 AM   #3210

Agreed. I just hang up. Nowadays they seemed to have new system to call ppl. Life is short, spend it wisely.
https://www.police.gov.sg/media-room/news/20201010_police_investigates_266_scammers_and_money_mules_in_island-wide_enforcement_op

Every month have 200+ scammers get investigated
Shoniah is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.