HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2020, 09:54 PM   #3301
Banned

Yes, go see your MP. I and a few here did. But don't expect much from Politicians.

Just stick to the Police for your protection is enough.
Yes will see the MP this coming week. Itís FOC anyway.
Have you guys written to the press and the higher ups in SPF or even Minister Shan?

Have reported to the police and I must say they have been really helpful .

They have really stepped up patrols at by block. They dropped by a few times to ask how are things and the IO gave me my NOK his HP number.

Last edited by Nigell; 31-10-2020 at 09:58 PM..
Nigell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2020, 10:13 PM   #3302
Banned

It doesn't matter what's it's called.

They pretend to be UML but instead harass the victims loanshark-style to pay up.

Offer victims low interest rate at first to only force them to pay huge amounts once they have your data and transfer a small amount to your bank.

Not paying up and deal with the harassment is the only way
It does matter. My NOK only enquire about the loan and did not want to proceed. At no pints did he indicate he wanted the loan. It was just an enquiry.
He didnít ask for a single cent from these extortionists.
Old 01-11-2020, 09:47 AM   #3303

It does matter. My NOK only enquire about the loan and did not want to proceed. At no pints did he indicate he wanted the loan. It was just an enquiry.
He didnít ask for a single cent from these extortionists.
Different victims are at different stages, some received money, some sent money. Some received nothing but got extorted. It is closer to loan scam and extortion than loan shark for sure.

So you want to blow it up so the whole Singapore knows? Good!!!!!!!

Here is good starting point

https://www.ncpc.org.sg/councilmembers.html

Let us know how we can help.

Last edited by JusticeLeague2018; 01-11-2020 at 09:49 AM..
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:42 AM   #3304
Banned

Different victims are at different stages, some received money, some sent money. Some received nothing but got extorted. It is closer to loan scam and extortion than loan shark for sure.

So you want to blow it up so the whole Singapore knows? Good!!!!!!!

Here is good starting point

https://www.ncpc.org.sg/councilmembers.html

Let us know how we can help.
Thanks for the link.
I have actually written to SPH and their various news outlets.
https://corporate.sph.com.sg/contact...edia-contacts/

The purpose is for everyone to know that my NOK is a victim of a crime and that he did not borrow money from loan sharks.
Old 01-11-2020, 03:05 PM   #3305
Banned

To all victims of these extortionists , they are not loan sharks and stop calling them as loan sharks cause it will make you complicit in their crimes.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #3306

Thanks for the link.
I have actually written to SPH and their various news outlets.
https://corporate.sph.com.sg/contact...edia-contacts/

The purpose is for everyone to know that my NOK is a victim of a crime and that he did not borrow money from loan sharks.
Seems like your friend shared personal info? Plus gave bank account and received some $? We term this as forced loan.

With the money deposited, the scammers make the victim they have the right to ask for the money.
Old 01-11-2020, 07:38 PM   #3307
Banned

Seems like your friend shared personal info? Plus gave bank account and received some $? We term this as forced loan.

With the money deposited, the scammers make the victim they have the right to ask for the money.
The police should give a public advisory whereby if they received money of dubious origin, they should give the money to the SPF for safekeeping and the SPF will deal with the money who deposited the money.
If the victims return to the money to unknown accounts, they may he charged with being the scammers .

People will be more scared of breaking the law than threats from the extortionists.
Old 02-11-2020, 09:42 AM   #3308
Banned

I have written to the STnewsdssk, Today and TNP!
Old 02-11-2020, 04:45 PM   #3309

Yes will see the MP this coming week. Itís FOC anyway.
Have you guys written to the press and the higher ups in SPF or even Minister Shan?

Have reported to the police and I must say they have been really helpful .

They have really stepped up patrols at by block. They dropped by a few times to ask how are things and the IO gave me my NOK his HP number.
Let your MP do it for you. Not to sound negative but the number of cases though could be in the thousands, doesn't warrant an emergency cabinet meeting to stop the crime.

I trust SPF higher ups and the like, to prioritize which criminal cases needs to be dealt with first.

Put forward a suggestion or solution to your MP is the best and sadly only thing, victims like us can do.

Be a volunteer here to help others is better than highlighting this to the press or law minister.

It has since been more than a year I have been advising victims how to stop the harassment.

But again, if telco do their part by preventing UML SMS adverts, less people becomes victims. Blocking their point of entry is one way. That was one of my suggestion to my MP.

Early this year IMDA inform local to local calls do not have the +65 prefix. If you see one, it should be a spoofed overseas number. That helps, but how many do you think knows this?
A Better Tomorrow likes this.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #3310

I have written to the STnewsdssk, Today and TNP!
Good that you spend time and energy to create awareness.

But nowadays many read yahoo news more than our sanitized news media. Hope not to sound negative.

I hope you win your battle against the UML. But the war is a long drawn out one.
Old 02-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #3311

Don't be ashamed or guilty, you have been scammed. These scammers exploited you when you were vunerable. Move on! Get on with your life! As for ex employer, it's already past, move on!
Thanks for the encouragement. But just curious if ex-employer is able to sue me for contact person or workplace contact leak?
Darknorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:00 PM   #3312

The police should give a public advisory whereby if they received money of dubious origin, they should give the money to the SPF for safekeeping and the SPF will deal with the money who deposited the money.
If the victims return to the money to unknown accounts, they may he charged with being the scammers .

People will be more scared of breaking the law than threats from the extortionists.
When was the last time your read notices of dengue in your area?

Unless you are either caught with mosquito larvae in your house by NEA, your contracted dengue or they paste these notices at every door, most likely such pamphlets in your letter box is thrown away almost immediately.

Same goes for UML cases and awareness.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across.

SPF and related agency can do everything but the general public just don't bother until it hits them.

Your energy and passion is commendable but to be truthful many victims just prefer to erase this bad incident when it ends.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:37 AM   #3313
Banned

When was the last time your read notices of dengue in your area?

Unless you are either caught with mosquito larvae in your house by NEA, your contracted dengue or they paste these notices at every door, most likely such pamphlets in your letter box is thrown away almost immediately.

Same goes for UML cases and awareness.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across.

SPF and related agency can do everything but the general public just don't bother until it hits them.

Your energy and passion is commendable but to be truthful many victims just prefer to erase this bad incident when it ends.
This Ayob Police chief seemed to cracking down on these scums of the earth.
Old 03-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #3314
Banned

We need to put a stop to these criminals.
We need to help our fellow countrymen.

Last edited by Nigell; 03-11-2020 at 04:11 PM..
Old 03-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #3315

Thanks for the encouragement. But just curious if ex-employer is able to sue me for contact person or workplace contact leak?
It can be hard to prove and they might not know where to trace. Likely they will just move on than to sue.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.