HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree100Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #3376

I have started to receive calls the 2nd day(18/11) aft the report been made on the Tuesday (17/11) and also my wife started to receive a call on the 2nd day as well. I believe they had started their phrase 2 of the scam process. One of my colleague also receive a funny number called him but he just told them he do not noe anyone by the said name.

And yesterday (19/11) i receive a SG number which I called back and the guy told me he is delivering "dumplings" which was been ordered. We never order anything and i just told him nobody order anything and he sounded a bit surprise. Maybe it's really a wrong number called. But afternoon at 12.45pm, I receive a call +65 88005986 this time which I believe it's them and I din pick up.

I realise something is that they always called between 11.30am to 1.30pm.....I guess this is the timing they woke up and do scamming around. Anyone encounter something similar?

Today, so far, nothing at all but I believe before the storm arrives it is always silence and quiet.......I'm just waiting for them to inject phase 3 which is something like giving my details and other stuff to actual loan shark or runner to come and disturb me. I have informed my neighbours and also told them about the 3 cameras installed outside my door and they commented.......must bring them to jail or wack them jilat jilat if anyone comes said one of my neighbour uncle.....they told me will look out for unfamiliar faces as well if they happens to come across......

So glad to have good and understanding neighbours. I am ready for their phase 3.....my tools and equipment are ready to welcome them.....So far I have checked with my HR and it seems that they did not receive or hear anything yet.....I don think they will give up so easily...anyone can share their similar encounters? How long they will usually comes in with those phase?
You did not change your number? I changed mine the moment my IO called and advised to do so.
Banana Mipanzuzuzuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #3377

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/scams-jan-to-aug-this-year-double-desmond-tan-13210830

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/new-mobile-app-that-blocks-scam-messages-and-calls-launched
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2020, 10:45 PM   #3378

I have started to receive calls the 2nd day(18/11) aft the report been made on the Tuesday (17/11) and also my wife started to receive a call on the 2nd day as well. I believe they had started their phrase 2 of the scam process. One of my colleague also receive a funny number called him but he just told them he do not noe anyone by the said name.

And yesterday (19/11) i receive a SG number which I called back and the guy told me he is delivering "dumplings" which was been ordered. We never order anything and i just told him nobody order anything and he sounded a bit surprise. Maybe it's really a wrong number called. But afternoon at 12.45pm, I receive a call +65 88005986 this time which I believe it's them and I din pick up.

I realise something is that they always called between 11.30am to 1.30pm.....I guess this is the timing they woke up and do scamming around. Anyone encounter something similar?

Today, so far, nothing at all but I believe before the storm arrives it is always silence and quiet.......I'm just waiting for them to inject phase 3 which is something like giving my details and other stuff to actual loan shark or runner to come and disturb me. I have informed my neighbours and also told them about the 3 cameras installed outside my door and they commented.......must bring them to jail or wack them jilat jilat if anyone comes said one of my neighbour uncle.....they told me will look out for unfamiliar faces as well if they happens to come across......

So glad to have good and understanding neighbours. I am ready for their phase 3.....my tools and equipment are ready to welcome them.....So far I have checked with my HR and it seems that they did not receive or hear anything yet.....I don think they will give up so easily...anyone can share their similar encounters? How long they will usually comes in with those phase?
How much did the scammers put in your account?
How come you are so sure that they will send LS runners to go to your place to harass you?
Nigell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 06:52 AM   #3379

Mobile App by the GovTech Agency “ScamShield” Helps To Block Suspected Scam Calls and Sms. But only for IOS user at the time mean.
Download the app now.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2020, 08:53 AM   #3380

Mobile App by the GovTech Agency “ScamShield” Helps To Block Suspected Scam Calls and Sms. But only for IOS user at the time mean.
Download the app now.
But it can’t block whatsapp call and messages.
Why can’t the SPF work with whatsapp to ban these scammers’ numbers??
Old 23-11-2020, 05:01 PM   #3381

I have downloaded the ScamShield app and so have my family .
You can also input the scammers numbers so that they will not be able to harass you or other victims.
Old 24-11-2020, 05:04 PM   #3382

2 weeks of silence from LS. Suddenly send another letter attention to my family. Just give up la. I have paid triple of what owed. Still want to suck money, and blood ah. Aiyooo..
Old 24-11-2020, 05:17 PM   #3383

2 weeks of silence from LS. Suddenly send another letter attention to my family. Just give up la. I have paid triple of what owed. Still want to suck money, and blood ah. Aiyooo..
Did they give you phone number or bank account number?
You can report the number and include it in the ScamShield app and close their account as well.
Old 24-11-2020, 05:38 PM   #3384

Did they give you phone number or bank account number?
You can report the number and include it in the ScamShield app and close their account as well.
I have alrdy gave all their details To SPF.Android does not support scamshield for now.
Old Today, 07:55 AM   #3385

Caught runner in action but manage to get away!
Old Today, 08:06 AM   #3386
Arch-Supremacy Member

Caught runner in action but manage to get away!
Report spF
So they can access cctv
m0n0n0ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.