HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2021, 08:10 PM   #3661

Regretsoul, we all understand we worry for the safety of our family especially our children. Rest assured, no harm will come to them. Like your I/O said these criminals are playing mind games with you.

The moment you believe their bluff, you lose money, peace and quiet.

You have to accept the reality they will send runners to harass your place like scribbling O$P$ and such.

These are embarrassing BUT not life threatening.

Instead of waiting for them to strike, prepare for it by installing CCTV and/or tell your neighbours your are scammed and informed them Police report has been made. Just inform them to call 999 if they see suspicious persons to protect themselves.

It may seem embarrassing to inform your neighbours but it is better then getting your neighbours surprised in case the runners hit their unit instead of yours.

Now is not the time to be scared or shy but be bold to end it. You must expect for them to harass you and you should reply in kind without hesitation by immediately calling 999.

Be ready, not worry. You should already get past the worrying stage and be preparing for anything they might throw at you to end this crap. Police and close family will help you out.

Good luck.
Will they actually send ppl to my place? Till when will this harassment last?
Regretsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2021, 10:39 PM   #3662

Hi im a victim too.

Enquiry only at first than i realised something not right. So i told him i want to stop and decide not to continue any further. But sadly they have my details, such a stupid day for me. Ive block and report through phone after ive read it here. Even police report too.

My spouse and my mom already get the call and whatsapp. Looking for me to pay the $250 which they suddenly transfer to me. Both my spouse and my mom have done the block and report through the their phone. Even police report too.

Last night, my neighbour got a phone call. Asking her to tell me to pay their money now if not they will throw paint. My neighbour did police report already too. hais. So scary! Like how they get my neighbour number. My spouse also received another whatsapp from them. Saying if dont want to pass around my detail, pay them back. If not they will share my details to other LS and lock my gate too.

haiyo. How? Im so scared.
Letsgo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 12:47 AM   #3663

Hi im a victim too.

Enquiry only at first than i realised something not right. So i told him i want to stop and decide not to continue any further. But sadly they have my details, such a stupid day for me. Ive block and report through phone after ive read it here. Even police report too.

My spouse and my mom already get the call and whatsapp. Looking for me to pay the $250 which they suddenly transfer to me. Both my spouse and my mom have done the block and report through the their phone. Even police report too.

Last night, my neighbour got a phone call. Asking her to tell me to pay their money now if not they will throw paint. My neighbour did police report already too. hais. So scary! Like how they get my neighbour number. My spouse also received another whatsapp from them. Saying if dont want to pass around my detail, pay them back. If not they will share my details to other LS and lock my gate too.

If you and your family members can change hp numbers is best.

If not, stop using whatsapp for at least 2 weeks
to stop them communicating with you.

Every time they are able to send their threats to you, they will always believe they can get money from you.

The moment you ghost on them, they become dumb and blind.

Don't worry of their threats. You just need to approach this in defensive manner. They send runner to splash/lock your unit, so be it. Just call police for assistance. Call your town council to help out cleaning the wall area around your unit FOC if splashed but you have to clean your gate/door yourself.

If the LS is persistent and strike again, you too need to be persistent and continue ghosting them.

They can do once or twice at most.

Last edited by green72; 14-01-2021 at 12:55 AM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 01:05 AM   #3664

Will they actually send ppl to my place? Till when will this harassment last?
No one can give a definite answer to that.

You need to accept the fact they might send runners to harass you. These runners are not their "people" but victims like you coerce to do harassment to other victims.

At anytime during this period if you allow yourself to be contactable to them, it will only prolong your ordeal.

The runners are scared stiff too if they do come to your place. So you are not alone feeling scared to death.

Till when? It all depend on how long you remain ghosting them really.

Once they realized their threats does not deter you at all, they will stop. How long? Again it depends but from my experience it's about 2 weeks inclusive of runner harassment.

The impact of not able to barrage you with harassment & threats, makes them lose hope and find other victims. It's an effective way to end this whole thing.

Remember not negotiate with them, that's what they want, to establish and maintain communications with their victims.

Like fishing, as long the fish is on the line, still got chance to reel it in.

Ghost and don't pay.

Last edited by green72; 14-01-2021 at 01:19 AM..
Old 14-01-2021, 04:57 AM   #3665
Banned

Hi im a victim too.

Just ignore and ghost them and ask everyone around you to do the same.
Do not attempt to communicate or negotiate with them.

Keep making police reports.

If you believe all will be fine after you pay them the $250 or that these scammers only want $250 from you , then let me also recommend you this wonderful timeshare Igloo property in Alaska that you will be also very interested on.

Use the $250 to install a CCTV if you are still worried.
Nigell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #3666

If you and your family members can change hp numbers is best.

If not, stop using whatsapp for at least 2 weeks
to stop them communicating with you.

Every time they are able to send their threats to you, they will always believe they can get money from you.

The moment you ghost on them, they become dumb and blind.

Don't worry of their threats. You just need to approach this in defensive manner. They send runner to splash/lock your unit, so be it. Just call police for assistance. Call your town council to help out cleaning the wall area around your unit FOC if splashed but you have to clean your gate/door yourself.

If the LS is persistent and strike again, you too need to be persistent and continue ghosting them.

They can do once or twice at most.

Do they really share my details to others LS? or its just an harrasment only. Plan to change number too. How i wish can change IC number too. Hahaha
Letsgo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 09:43 AM   #3667
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am always very surprised to know why they got your neighbour number... insider job??

Hi im a victim too.

m@maboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 11:14 AM   #3668
Banned

Do they really share my details to others LS? or its just an harrasment only. Plan to change number too. How i wish can change IC number too. Hahaha
You still don’t get it! These are scammers ..
Every word that comes out of their mouths are lies lies lies.

Why you even bother to listen to them??

If suddenly 10 different ‘Real’ LS claimed that someone used your IC to borrow from them , you are going to believe them and pay them??

They are all in this together and they are all scammers.

If you can simply borrow money from LS just based on a photocopy of IC alone, the scammers would have used your IC and done that long ago.

The real LS are not idiots.
Nigell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 11:15 AM   #3669

Yes-may or may not - as they are a group of syndicate targeting the victim with threatening call or msg. As you can't really do much as of now due to your information have been given to them as well as you can't control whatever thing that you have provided them - all within their control. As for the harassment period will be anything between 1-4 week. The most important thing will be ''Never Give In - Do Not Transfer Any Money To The UML/Scammer.
Don't ever think that once they requested the assure sum that you transfer will settle the issue - This monkey will come out with all sort of reason targeting and squeeze more money from you.
AntiLoanScam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 11:26 AM   #3670

Runner In Deep **** - Loanshark Harassment

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singa...at-gangsa-road

The police are looking for two men to assist with investigations into two cases of loanshark harassment reported at residential units along Gangsa Road on January 9.

Anyone with information is requested to call the police hotline at 1800-255- 0000 or submit the information online at www.police.gov.sg/iwitness.

All information will be kept strictly confidential.

'YOU' can run but 'YOU cannot hide! - Because of 1 harassment that you involve and 'NOW' you are wanted by the whole SPF - Not only that, canning and jail term will be next!
Old 14-01-2021, 11:34 AM   #3671
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am always very surprised to know why they got your neighbour number... insider job??
I wonder about that too
m0n0n0ke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2021, 02:02 PM   #3672

Do not be worried - Everything will be fine. Is a matter of time.

1)Every victim reported a case - There will be at least 2-3 account been freeze by the bank.
2)In singapore is very hard to find a commando as for runner mostly will be debtor turn runner - The law is strict and getting caught is almost 100%.The demand is there but supply is low.
3)The monkey or the runner will not have the guts face to face or knock on your door demand payment - Due to as long as we are able to give the specific detail and with all the cctv around the HDB - SPF will be able to identified the runner involve.
4)That is why these monkey will target your loves one and hope that you will stay in contact with them thru phone call and msg - This is the only way they have.
5)As well as depend on - The victim really lend from LS or was been scammed?
If you really lend and default the payment and most probably you will get some sort of harassment - Letter/splash/Lock.
6)If you are a victim of scam - it will depend on how much they feel they can get from you thru all the mind game - the more you give in the more harassment you will get from them. - As they did not make a lost at all instead they either make a profit or windfall from the victim.
7)Never ever trust all the ******** and lies from them as mostly they are not in singapore - as long as you transfer any money, there will be next innocent victim appeared.
8)There was a case - someone (shall not name) challenge the LS for a settlement of debt face to face - set location and time (Due to victim was been harass.) - In the end LS did not appeared not even the runner too - The victim was free from harassment from there.
This monkey will only use phone call or whatapps to cause fear in you and digging for information as much as possible to shame and cause disturbance to your love one only.
Prepare and standby if they really come - Runner do not have any backing at all not even the LS/scammer supporting them because they are making use of the runner.
But victim have the support of government/SPF/neighbor/friends/colleague etc.
If victim persist and don't give in - the war that facing is 99.9% successful.
Old 14-01-2021, 07:39 PM   #3673

Even if the runner is an ex-commando it doesn't makes sense to bash victims to pay up, especially in Singapore. Victims will definitely report the incident.

It will only trigger the SPF to bump up the priority of the case to arrest the culprit as soon as possible.
Old 14-01-2021, 07:41 PM   #3674

I came across websites that do sell info to anyone willing to pay. Reported it b4 to SPF and IMDA.
Old 15-01-2021, 08:30 AM   #3675

Hi im a victim too.

No need to fear them. If harassed, just report police and get them arrested. Whatever comes, remember this DO NOT PAY!!!!!!!
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.