HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2021, 08:37 PM   #3721

Exactly! I feel like I wasted 3 weeks of life worrying and sliding into depression.
I am feeling depression now too as i am worried almost everything and now into the 5th week and there is no call to my NOK at all as i have already change my contact and we even prepare baton at home near to our door and strike the runner if we happen to see them in action,wonder will they be coming and what if there is a fight between my family and the runner.I told my family just call the police instead of beating the runner and we will have more issue and we will be charge by the police.
MayGodBless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 10:00 PM   #3722

I am feeling depression now too as i am worried almost everything and now into the 5th week and there is no call to my NOK at all as i have already change my contact and we even prepare baton at home near to our door and strike the runner if we happen to see them in action,wonder will they be coming and what if there is a fight between my family and the runner.I told my family just call the police instead of beating the runner and we will have more issue and we will be charge by the police.
Pls don't waste time worrying. If ever get harass, just call 999 and let police handle.

This is all a stupid scam by criminals using fear and threats to make you anxious.

Pay no attention to them, eat well, sleep well and get on with your life!
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2021, 10:01 PM   #3723

This was 2019 Nov - Till now i guess the syndicate is growing strong again.
True but that's a lot of people being caught, hopefully put them out of action for a while.
Old 24-01-2021, 11:35 AM   #3724

Please do not be worried and do not overestimate what these monkey can do due to the following singapore law:
Under section 3 of the POHA, a person who threatens, abuses or insults (whether by behaviour, words or other forms of communication) with the intention to cause and did cause another person harassment, alarm or distress, will be guilty of an offence.

The maximum punishment for the offence of intentionally causing harassment, alarm or distress is a fine of up to $5,000 and/or an imprisonment term of up to 6 months. These maximum penalties are doubled for repeat offenders.

They are criminal and they are making use of ignorant runner who was been force to do the dirty job-They do not have the guts to approached or visit the victim family as they know all this is illegal under singapore law.Any harassment, report and dial 999 and let the police to handle,SPF will protect you and i am very sure they will handle and deal with all this criminal ASAP.
As long as you have reported on the case and with the report - whatever they do are all illegal and SPF are also waiting for them to strike and bring them to justice. I doubt all this monkey will ever do anything at all unless they are stupid enough to think that they can still extort more from victim.
All the victim have overcome the fear and when you really think of it - This is such a stupid scams and also a painful lesson learnt - move on with life and don't look back. What you have lost is money and you can earn back soon.
AntiLoanScam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2021, 11:58 AM   #3725

Take a closer look around your block and neighborhood - The GOV CCTV which install covered 95% of the surrounding - There is no way whatever crime happened, the suspect will be able to run away - They can run but they cannot hide for the rest of their life.
Scammer and UML create fear in runner and victim.
The most ignorant will always be the runner - 10/10 runner once action will always be caught with no exception case at all and they will have to face with the jail term and canning.The reason behind they choose to work for UML instead of reporting to the police due to fear created by these monkey behind.
Whatever it is always remind ourselves we are in 'singapore' with 100,000 CCTV and very strict law - As long as you decided to take part in any criminal offences be ready to face the law in singapore one day and that day will be very soon.All cases of runner harassment towards victim will be caught within days and sentence within 3 day after been arrested due to the government have ''ZERO'' Tolerance on loanshark cases.
Old 24-01-2021, 09:08 PM   #3726

When I first got the threats and harassment, I really felt embarrassed with myself. I really thought I was smarter than this to fall for a scam like this. I was so scared that I was waiting with a knife at my doorstep every night. This was even after I installed my CCTV. I didnít sleep, I didnít eat or even go to work properly. They were still calling then and sending message to me and my NOK. It took me 3 weeks to realise that all this was nothing more than noise. Empty threats. Whole lot of it. When I read through all these pages in this forum, I realised that i was overreacting. So what if they came. I will just report and carry on blocking their numbers. All they can do is threaten and maybe carry out an act once, worst case twice. Let them do it. The throw paint, I will clean and report with evidence. They send letter, I will report to the police.

We can mitigate everything they do. Remember that you are the victim, an in a moment of weakness you made a mistake. Giving them more money is way way worst than facing the ordeal. Install a CCTV and rest easy my good man. After 5 weeks they most probably moved on to another victim. Trust this forum. I really got over my fear and depression by just reading whatever was up in here and the many advice these good people provided. Stay strong and vigilant. For your family.

Itís most probably over. Remain vigilant and report and block every call or every action they make.

The runners will definitely get caught. Like @antiloanscam continuously reminds all of us. Trust SPF, and donít overestimate these bums.
ForBetterDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 10:38 AM   #3727

Angry

The scam will always be in this protocol:
1)Victim Contacted UML/Scammer & Information surrender to them.
2)Opening of new account - $xxx
3)Transfer $ for Test Loan & Return & Transfer to other account.
4)Decided to cancel loan - Penalty Fee $xxxx
5)All the threatening and ******** will be started.

Loan Scammer out there do not have the intention to loan you any sum of money at all - They are just preying for victim weakness to cheat and extort money from victim as this is easy money for them.

Harassment Act:
1)+65 or Whatsapp call and msg to you and NOK or colleague etc - Victim Just Block It!
2)Taking picture of either your block or Unit Picture. - Report Police Online.
3)Any love letter - Report Police Online
4)Any Food Delivery - Take a pic on the receipt and report to the police and ask delivery driver to inform his/her superior.
5)Splash or Lock Your gate - Call 999 (Runner 100% Get Caught!)
6)Set Fire - Loan Scam unlikely to happen and This Is SINGAPORE.
7)The last resort for them is to embarrassed you thru social media.

2>6 - SPF will handle.
1 & 7 - Victim will be able to deal with.

Do Not Transfer any $ > Overcome your own fear > Do not overestimate what this monkey will or can do > Be Confident To Overcome and fight this scam > Be alert always > 999 is just a phone call away = Out of this vicious cycle soon.
Old 25-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #3728

Sharing

If a moneylender is offering you loans through phone calls or text messages, youíre probably dealing with an unlicensed moneylender (often called ďAh LongĒ in Singapore) or a licensed moneylender violating the rules.

There should not be any upfront payment or whatever payment that you need to pay first before approving the loan (All is Bullxxxx).

licensed moneylenders can only advertise through the following channels:

Business or consumer directories
Websites belonging to the licensed moneylender
Advertisements placed in the interior and exterior side (such as the wall, door, shutter, gate, and window) of their place of business

When borrowers default on their payments, licensed moneylenders usually hire debt collection agencies to collect debts. Debt collectors are not allowed to use violence, harassment, or intimidation as a means to collect debts. In the unfortunate event that you find yourself facing such a situation, be sure to report them to the police.

Even LML and Debt Collector are not allowed to use violence, harassment to collect debt - Those that threaten are either UML or Scammer.
Old 25-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #3729

When I first got the threats and harassment, I really felt embarrassed with myself. I really thought I was smarter than this to fall for a scam like this. I was so scared that I was waiting with a knife at my doorstep every night. This was even after I installed my CCTV. I didnít sleep, I didnít eat or even go to work properly. They were still calling then and sending message to me and my NOK. It took me 3 weeks to realise that all this was nothing more than noise. Empty threats. Whole lot of it. When I read through all these pages in this forum, I realised that i was overreacting. So what if they came. I will just report and carry on blocking their numbers. All they can do is threaten and maybe carry out an act once, worst case twice. Let them do it. The throw paint, I will clean and report with evidence. They send letter, I will report to the police.

We can mitigate everything they do. Remember that you are the victim, an in a moment of weakness you made a mistake. Giving them more money is way way worst than facing the ordeal. Install a CCTV and rest easy my good man. After 5 weeks they most probably moved on to another victim. Trust this forum. I really got over my fear and depression by just reading whatever was up in here and the many advice these good people provided. Stay strong and vigilant. For your family.

Itís most probably over. Remain vigilant and report and block every call or every action they make.

The runners will definitely get caught. Like @antiloanscam continuously reminds all of us. Trust SPF, and donít overestimate these bums.
This will be the 5th week with no call to my NOK.I feel so sad that i cause the family on this issue. Does anyone know or advise how can i know everything is finally over?I am very worried my family will beat the hell on the runner and we will be charge by the authority.
Old 25-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #3730
Supremacy Member

This will be the 5th week with no call to my NOK.I feel so sad that i cause the family on this issue. Does anyone know or advise how can i know everything is finally over?I am very worried my family will beat the hell on the runner and we will be charge by the authority.
No one can answer your question.
I understand it is never easy but you need to be strong to move on.
Your family depends on your strong too
CPTMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #3731

Usually after they can get through to you it stops. If they canít reach you, they will move on. Thatís the case for most of them. But itís not 100% thing. They might try again after 1 year. Maybe after 3 years. But itís up to us to remain strong and ensure we donít let it get to us. Like CptMiller said, you gots to stay strong. Advise your family on what to do. Tell them that they should report to the police and not use violence against these runners.

The runners are usually debtor/victims turn runners. They stupid enough to fall for all the harassments and threats. Thereís no point beating them to a pulp. You will end up getting into trouble for assault and it might be worst. On our part, we just have to stop paying them, block their numbers and continue to report any actions. Do not touch the runner. Prison term and canning awaits those runners who try anything funny.
Old 25-01-2021, 08:15 PM   #3732

Usually after they can get through to you it stops. If they canít reach you, they will move on. Thatís the case for most of them. But itís not 100% thing. They might try again after 1 year. Maybe after 3 years. But itís up to us to remain strong and ensure we donít let it get to us. Like CptMiller said, you gots to stay strong. Advise your family on what to do. Tell them that they should report to the police and not use violence against these runners.

The runners are usually debtor/victims turn runners. They stupid enough to fall for all the harassments and threats. Thereís no point beating them to a pulp. You will end up getting into trouble for assault and it might be worst. On our part, we just have to stop paying them, block their numbers and continue to report any actions. Do not touch the runner. Prison term and canning awaits those runners who try anything funny.
Thanks for the advice.I saw many victim vdo in youtube holding their identity and agreeing on the loan and they are trying to shame and accuse the victim who is a runner that was so pathetic and when i see the vdo i know they are the victim too or may be debtor who really owe the LS money and default the payment but most of the sum is between 400-1000,so i doubt mostly is scam victim.The more i see the more i feel angry with myself been so dumb and feel this people are so inhuman.
Old 25-01-2021, 09:56 PM   #3733

Thanks for the advice.I saw many victim vdo in youtube holding their identity and agreeing on the loan and they are trying to shame and accuse the victim who is a runner that was so pathetic and when i see the vdo i know they are the victim too or may be debtor who really owe the LS money and default the payment but most of the sum is between 400-1000,so i doubt mostly is scam victim.The more i see the more i feel angry with myself been so dumb and feel this people are so inhuman.
Donít stress yourself out seeing all those videos. We all make mistakes. This mistake got some unfortunate price to pay, but it will be okay. Deactivate or private all your social media. Just ignore whatever they do. Watch LS and runners getting arrested on YouTube instead. It will give you more confidence in our police force.

The biggest fear in all of these is embarrassment. people got their own to live. They probably be on your case for a few minutes and move on to their own issues. You probably needed the money to actually solve some problems, so figure that out instead. No point stressing out what will happen next.

You canít expect any humanity from people like these. They will probably suffer. But we shouldnít suffer cause we made in mistake. Donít stress yourself out anymore and just keep living. Stay vigilant and focus your energy on yourself family. You got this!!
Old 26-01-2021, 07:52 AM   #3734

It's over once you decide you won't give any more attention these clowns who lie and use fear tactics to disrupt you life.

They may harass you but as long as you don't pay or keep ignoring them, they will give up and move on.

This has been reported over and over again, just to assure you, see this crime watch video. https://youtu.be/xPiz0UcMVTA
Old 26-01-2021, 10:44 AM   #3735

Runner Arrested Within 5hrs - Bukit Batok

https://www.police.gov.sg/media-room...hin_five_hours

As long as runner strike, SPF will take immediate action. Have confident and faith with our SPF force in singapore.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.