Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Painkiller777

Reaction score
Today the UML posted on one of my company Facebook post. Of course my boss got me in and spoke to me. Now under review on whether to sack me or not.

Should I report this to the police too? Can they track the post and the user? I tried to find the user but somehow couldn't. Must be created a profile just to post and deleted account.

What steps should I take?
You can make a police report, but i highly doubt they can track the person who posted. A piece of advise to others out there, its better to come clean to your company and furnish the police report to your boss that you got into a loan scam, to let them be prepared for it first.

fuecoco

Reaction score
Agree with painkiller. Come clean to your boss and office. I did the same and informed my boss tat I needed money and stupid enuf to loan from UML.
Harrassment via phone n email last about 1 month for my case.
I have informed police on above harrassment and was advise tat unable to trace as the server or registration can be done from overseas

smallgg

Reaction score
I would like to share my side of the story.

I came across an IG advert, and I thought it was legit, so I clicked on it and send in my name and contact.
One day later, somebody contacted me via whatsapp asking if I'm looking for a loan. I asked the person about the loan interest and repayment period. He sent me a few, ranging from 20k to 100k. I told him I just want to loan 1k only. Same like what other bros/sis here have, asked for IC,payslip,NOK. The story goes, he say to find out if you are a credible customer, will transfer you $500, then you pay $650.
I kena shocked, before I loan money, must pay $$. I told him I do not want, then he say, why not $300, then you just transfer $400. I never say anything and just ended the phone.

The next morning, he called me and say, "Boss, we have done the transfer already, you received the money" in chinese. I told him no. I did not. He say cannot be, you check properly. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, the account no I gave, happens to be 1 digit different. I got threatened and then transferred him 1k(shall not divuldge too much stuffs). Then I realised it was a scam. I proceeded to make a police report and the report stated I did not receive any money but lost 1k.

My nok got forwarded the video of people coming to my house, and of cos a lot of vulgarities and threatens in the voice messages that follows. I helped them to block the person already.

I would like to ask the bros and sis here who kena before, will they actually go to your house to set fire or sth? My parents are worried.
But the main point is, I did not borrow any money from them, I transferred 1k instead. And they say I owe 1k.

Desperado55

Reaction score
For my case, it has been quiet for the last 2 weeks... Dunno what they up to...

I don't believe they will give up so easily...

Still worried.

Huilan3105

Reaction score
For my case, it has been quiet for the last 2 weeks... Dunno what they up to...

I don't believe they will give up so easily...

Still worried.
Just continue to do wad you had been doing. It would be fine.

if they got send love letters or wad to ur house, inform police immediately.

smallgg

Reaction score
I would like to share my side of the story.

I came across an IG advert, and I thought it was legit, so I clicked on it and send in my name and contact.
One day later, somebody contacted me via whatsapp asking if I'm looking for a loan. I asked the person about the loan interest and repayment period. He sent me a few, ranging from 20k to 100k. I told him I just want to loan 1k only. Same like what other bros/sis here have, asked for IC,payslip,NOK. The story goes, he say to find out if you are a credible customer, will transfer you $500, then you pay $650.
I kena shocked, before I loan money, must pay $$. I told him I do not want, then he say, why not $300, then you just transfer $400. I never say anything and just ended the phone.

The next morning, he called me and say, "Boss, we have done the transfer already, you received the money" in chinese. I told him no. I did not. He say cannot be, you check properly. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise, the account no I gave, happens to be 1 digit different. I got threatened and then transferred him 1k(shall not divuldge too much stuffs). Then I realised it was a scam. I proceeded to make a police report and the report stated I did not receive any money but lost 1k.

My nok got forwarded the video of people coming to my house, and of cos a lot of vulgarities and threatens in the voice messages that follows. I helped them to block the person already.

I would like to ask the bros and sis here who kena before, will they actually go to your house to set fire or sth? My parents are worried.
But the main point is, I did not borrow any money from them, I transferred 1k instead. And they say I owe 1k.

On last Tuesday, they sent a video to my NOK, one person recording my house unit on the phone, and another person shouting and asking to pay. Yesterday, a person came and keep knocking on the door and asking for my name via communication through the other party on the phone(can see thru my installed CCTV, it was a video, but the other party don't have face). My parents called the police and they arrived shortly. I don't know what to do...feeling stressed over something which I never do.

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
On last Tuesday, they sent a video to my NOK, one person recording my house unit on the phone, and another person shouting and asking to pay. Yesterday, a person came and keep knocking on the door and asking for my name via communication through the other party on the phone(can see thru my installed CCTV, it was a video, but the other party don't have face). My parents called the police and they arrived shortly. I don't know what to do...feeling stressed over something which I never do.
stay strong
work close with police
never giv e in especial money

Desperado55

Reaction score
2 days ago they are still calling my NOK. It seems they are still using the same phone number. I have already reported these numbers to the police but it seems nothing is onde about it.

Is there something I can do to them? Like some revenge on their phone numbers? I wonder when we report to the police, do they like call them and check them out?

I feel like doing something to them. Like call flooding or whatever. Really damn fed up with these f@ckers.

itedino

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tell them u harass wrong person.

Loanshark no reasoning also. Keep argue with me. I told them Wu ji u come. CCTV waiting for u.

He dun dare to come. Talk only.

But if u really owe them money. Den I suggest u go overseas to hide few years. Go Thailand or Malaysia or Indonesia hide.

One of my relatives owed along 250k. He really went overseas to hide. 3 years later, his frx told him the police have nab the along. So he came back and drive taxi till now

Aion99

Reaction score

Because of the 1K you transferred, now they got the money to hire people and harrass you. For them, Its all just how much they can distort
Just ignore and once they realiazed they can't get anymore money from u they will stop.

Passerby1234

Reaction score
Hi all, not sure if this thread is active but i am also a victim. Recently gave my ic and payslip details to UML knowingly, gave me $500 and asked to pay $800 back as a first time loanee. Did the payment via bank xfer but they told me supposed to be a bank transfer with receipt so i transferred extra $800…. Next day told me need to pay $1,500 as processing fee for MAS due to wrong transaction method and when i said i didnt want it anymore they started everything. Not only did i not get any money, i gave them extra and now as of today afternoon they sent pictures of my house door as well as voice memo saying they wont be liable as they have handed to case to another “department” and that its not their fault if anything happens to my family or neighbours….

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.