Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Bebe2019

Reaction score
I have managed to seek help from GBSS and they helped me to negotiate with 2 LMLs for monthly settlements no doubt with higher interest but at least it's not so bad..it's only 1 LML that is not willing to give in and asked to settle at least half the lon amount :(

What is GBSS & how much is d fees?

Reaction score
Hi I new here I am a local I saw the text advertising and message the man ask for loan and he have my ic cpf statements screenshot and my bank account they first send 500 and ask defer 800 back and I told them I not want the loan but they force me pay cancel fee 1500 or pay process fee fee 1380 so I did send than he ask for me send again 1380 for agreement fee which I told them I do not have than he send his agreement loan to my gmail I never sign and I not agree and he say he give discount pay 800 only than release the loan this Wednesday but I did make police report yesterday. What will they do will they harass me?

Do not PAY! They will do everything to threaten and lie to ask you to pay. Wait it out and report to police if they ever harass.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests

CloudClau

Reaction score
Sharing Tips

Hi all

Just to share with you all , if anyone got called up for investigation for allowing LS to use your account take the following steps :-

1. Standby a bailor (note that this person have to follow u every time u go for bail reporting)
2. Try to go after you have eaten cause it will be a long day .
3. Get a lawyer to write in before you are being charged in court .

Step 3 is very important , i did this too late hence i am being charged in court now waiting for court to decide if to charge me or to drop charges , first reps send in by lawyers for conditioning warning but was rejected . So advise to all look for a lawyer before SPF charge you .

Further information pls pm me , will be happy to assist anyone .

Cheers :)

Kainraz

Reaction score
Hi last week when bank freeze my account i call bank and refer to call a IO.
When i call him he told me to print out my 3 months bank transaction and see him on 16 Sept.
Am i getting charged? Do i need a bailor?
I never assist ls in anything except paying my refer payment. Is it consider as helping them too?

Hi all

Just to share with you all , if anyone got called up for investigation for allowing LS to use your account take the following steps :-

1. Standby a bailor (note that this person have to follow u every time u go for bail reporting)
2. Try to go after you have eaten cause it will be a long day .
3. Get a lawyer to write in before you are being charged in court .

Step 3 is very important , i did this too late hence i am being charged in court now waiting for court to decide if to charge me or to drop charges , first reps send in by lawyers for conditioning warning but was rejected . So advise to all look for a lawyer before SPF charge you .

Further information pls pm me , will be happy to assist anyone .

Cheers :)

Stupid person

Reaction score
Hi I new here I am a local I saw the text advertising and message the man ask for loan and he have my ic cpf statements screenshot and my bank account they first send 500 and ask defer 800 back and I told them I not want the loan but they force me pay cancel fee 1500 or pay process fee fee 1380 so I did send than he ask for me send again 1380 for agreement fee which I told them I do not have than he send his agreement loan to my gmail I never sign and I not agree and he say he give discount pay 800 only than release the loan this Wednesday but I did make police report yesterday. What will they do will they harass me?
1. Calm down

2. Report police - you have been scammed

3. Inform everyone that may be affected (loved ones whose numbers you gave out, your company and boss)

4. block all LS calls and messages and ignore. If you can change number, its better.

5. ride it out.

Stupid person

Reaction score
When i call him he told me to print out my 3 months bank transaction and see him on 16 Sept.
I never assist ls in anything except paying my refer payment. Is it consider as helping them too?
If you have allowed the UML to use your bank account, meaning your card and your token not with you, you will be in trouble.

If you have not done the above, print your statements and do not erase your message records with the UML. Go with your bank card and token.

It might, however, be a long session if the account was implicated on some serious case. So be prepared and inform someone who can be your bailor.

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Don’t go to them. They will charge you for their services. Also the advices here are free. SALC will obtain your number and some how shortly you will receive more spam texts. Better don’t seek help from them.

Hi Guys, I want to check if any of you have heard of SALC(Singapore Anti Loanshark Community. Saw them on FB anyone on this community used or seek their help before?

andylau78

Reaction score

You are paying the money by banking into other borrowers account ? Those borrowers must be made police report because they think the loan shark forcing loan to them. You may be considered as part of the loan shark when you bank in money into other people account. Really have no idea whether you will get charged or not. Please call and talk to your IO.

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
if lml go to work place harass, go school disturb children, can report police or not?
the loan is between two parties, not many parties.

Kekasihhati

Reaction score

have u made a pokice report right after you beenscammed?

mclazy

Reaction score

Quite similar to my case... they forced to deposit to me even I say don’t want the loan. And I lodge a police report right after I have receive their money. Then I went to bank n revert back to the particular account.

Bebe2019

Reaction score
Hi to alls, I just wanna share these few pointers as I personally am going tru this hell. But with all the advices & tips I got from here, I am grateful my life is better now. Thanks to all my angels here.

1. Deactivate all Yr social media's immediately. (Facebook, Instagram ect) otherwise they will use all the information they can get and use it against u. Unfortunately, they managed to find my Facebook...

2 Immediately make a report to the SPF (Singapore Police Force). U can do it online or go down to any of the police post or center. Once a report is done they will assigned u an IO.

3.Once you have that report please go down to yr TOWN COUNCIL and get an approval for CCTV. It will take a few days for approval. A few of us install d CCTV while waiting for approval as waiting time can be a torture. But make sure u get the approval done otherwise u will get $500 to $1k fined.

4.STOP!!!! all communications with the LS. Block them and install a call block app. If possible change yr hp but if that is not possible then u just need to block and report the no + all msg or WhatsApps from them. Remember just BLOCK AND DELETE. DO NOT READ OR LISTEN TO THEIR RECORDED MESSAGE, I repeat DO NOT READ OR LISTEN TO ANY OF THEIR Messages. Won't do any good by listening or reading their stupid msgs.

5.At this point of time u have to come clean ESPECIALLY with you NOK (next or kin), OFFICE AND FAMILY. U need as much moral support as u can at this point of time. It's ok if they bash u as this is better than being bashed by those LS, it's going to be temporary and once they calm down and understand better what you going tru I am sure they will give u moral support. As for your office, pleasz explain to them u are being scammed, show them the police report and tell them those LS will call the office looking for u. They will come out with lots of fake stories to convince your bosses colleagues. Just inform your office to ignore them. Hopefully they will support u otherwise u just got to prepare yourself to look for a new job.

6. Once u get approval for CCTV, please install 1 ASAP. If u see any alien scouting yr place, immediately call 999. SPF will respond as fast as they can, trust me they will. Explain to yr neighbours that the cctv is not to monitor them and u have also obtained approval for the cctv. Do tell them if they see any alien just call 999. Do not approach those alien just go dial 999. If those LS approach u while u r outside just walk away try to walk somewhere with cctv coverage do not harm them or try to reason out with them, just dial 999.

7. Close all your bank accounts and open a new 1.

8. Stay vigilant and be wary of your surrounding

9.For now u just gotta be strong, I know its easier said than done but this is our defence.

10.keep coming to this forum as and when u can. Try to read out all the posts in this forum coz it can save your life.

As long u do all the above, I am very sure u will survive the ordeal.

The LS will continue harassing you nok and Yr work place, let them once they fed up or finds a new target they will stop. But still stay vigilant.

Last edited:

CloudClau

Reaction score
hi better standby a bailor , so long u allow them to deposit to your account and someone reported that they deposited money in ur account u will be called up and "consider helping them "

green72

Reaction score
hi better standby a bailor , so long u allow them to deposit to your account and someone reported that they deposited money in ur account u will be called up and "consider helping them "

CloudClau is right. That's why all along we advice - Don't Pay!

Yet we still read victims paid back initial amount. Are you sure it's back to the same account? If yes, probably you are safe. If not, pray the other account does not belong to a new victim who decide to make a Police report.

Police stand is don't care you return the money or not. Best let banks do it and not you ownself return coz it could and usually belongs to another victims account.

Even the initial amount, if you able to nego and settle with those LS. The act of transferring back to LS is enough to implicate you.

It's not about getting back at LS. It's to STOP YOU from getting into legal mess with the law.

All the mess with banks,lml and ls is enough to stress you up. Why get yourself to explain with the Police and all.

Last edited:

seowliao

Reaction score
if you have been scammed or received a forced loan..report polis immediately and get the bank to reverse the transaction !!!

If you never make a report and ask for account to transfer back, when your bank account got frozen and you are invited for coffee in polis station, you will have more things to answer.

Timmy50

Reaction score
And so today 1 LS used another number to threaten me that he will send people up to my house and my neighbours and write words to let them know. He also said that he will be going to my ex workplace to cause nuisance hahahah. I have again blocked that number. Shall see what he is up to from today onwards.

Last week already made police report and IO already had my statement.

Zerofury6@gmail.com

Reaction score
Hi i would like to knw how long do uml treats take to stop because I accidentally take up loan from 3 ls n I recently already make a police report n i also stop making the payment n attanding any of their call n txt

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Hi i would like to knw how long do uml treats take to stop because I accidentally take up loan from 3 ls n I recently already make a police report n i also stop making the payment n attanding any of their call n txt
Changed to new number and stop all the communication with them and be vigilant all the time

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.