HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-08-2019, 09:17 AM   #496

bebe2019, if you've read ALL of part 1 and 2 of this thread, you realise that they will want you to always make partial payment only. When they have enough collection for the week, they will say no more account to purposely default you.

To us, we will honour the agreement but they prefer to not honour because they are crooks. If they stick to the agreement, they can't earn as much as they do and better off becoming honest fruit seller.

We know it pains for you to owe money, even to a LS. But isn't it wrong to support their activities which ultimately drives to destroy lives?

We acknowledged that we have made a mistake in dealing with them. To pay is only to continue making another mistake over another.

Some realises only after paying so much, why not better off using that money to settle your initial financial issues?

Pull the handbrake by ghosting them. We will continue to support anyone from this menace.

Not paying is the first move. Continue to preserve.
OK I got it, thanks green.
Bebe2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 10:30 AM   #497

Hi guys! New to this forum but am immensely heartened by the community support and amount of helpful advice/ stories shared!

With regards to ghosting Loan Sharks, on average how long will the harassment last till they finally give up?
tokuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 10:56 AM   #498

Today another runner has been arrested. This is Singapore. With one act of physical harassment, you confirmed kena caught. Cctv is everywhere.

Dont be scared with all the LS. They are not even shark. They are puppy who is hiding behind and command a coward kitten to do the work.

Breathe in. Move forward!
Kekasihhati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #499

As for me i didnt owe them money. I havebeen feeding them money. Loan smamed. Big scammer no face. Ask money as if i owe them. Walauwey. Annoying *******!
Kekasihhati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 11:12 AM   #500

As for me i didnt owe them money. I havebeen feeding them money. Loan smamed. Big scammer no face. Ask money as if i owe them. Walauwey. Annoying *******!
Yeah, for those "owing" them money, the physiological effect is enormous.

The earlier these victims realise no harm will come to them or their loved ones, the faster they get back their lives.

All the steps given in this thread, up to them to strictly follow.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 11:15 AM   #501

Hi guys! New to this forum but am immensely heartened by the community support and amount of helpful advice/ stories shared!

With regards to ghosting Loan Sharks, on average how long will the harassment last till they finally give up?
Depends, no rule of thumb. If within a month no more harassment then good to go.

But all depends, logic dictates that if a victim owe $300 from LS, will they continue their effort for a year if victims ghost them? I guess not worthwhile.
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 11:17 AM   #502

Thanks! Will hope for the best
tokuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 03:35 PM   #503

OK i am officially a 'ghost'

Wish me luck please

Thank u
Bebe2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #504

OK i am officially a 'ghost'

Wish me luck please

Thank u
Please take good care of yourself.
Wrongmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #505

Hi all, today I recieve probably some good news. Apperently the numbers this group of LS or scammer have been trace back to a Malaysia based system, tho linked date base my old number will be still marked. So thru my "external" link, I've managed to find this group and put an end to it. I hope I also did help some of you who might probably scam by this same group. Will continue to keep track and hopefully we as a community can help lessen the stress level. And have a good night's sleep
CloudClau and RavenKing80sg like this.
Wrongmove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #506

Hi all,

I've made a police report yst night and have blocked all contact from the LS. Today onward will be beginning of the end and the new dawn.

One tip for ppl like myself if you can't deal with the spam calls, you can activate call blocking for unknown/stranger numbers and only accept calls from your contact list.

For Whatsapp, you can't prevent the spam calls but you can annoy the **** out of them by blocking every number they try using to contact you. eventually, i supposed they will run out of numbers to contact you. Try not to read their messages/voice messages if you can't stomach it.

Once you've blocked off all contact, move on with your life, have a peace of mind and stay vigilant at your estate at all times.

All the best to myself and to anyone in the same plight out there. Have a strong heart and press on!
durrrrrrrrud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 04:50 PM   #507

Your ordeal will stop only when your husband stops borrowing from the LS.

LS in Singapore only send runners to splash paint or lock gate. There is 1 case a runner set fire at door but that is rare and Police put priority for that case as it involves arson. He was caught swiftly.

Runners here don't beat up victims or NOK. Runners are usually borrowers who are offered the job to offset or clear their loan. So they are anybody and not trained assassins.

That's why your husband always say not to worry. I reserve my judgement but to stop the ordeal he needs to stop dealing with the LS.

It takes him 1 mis-step to implicate himself into LS activities and end up behind bars.

He took a miss-step many yrs back and ended up behind bars.

The impact on the splash paint really make my children v v scare. They are worried that on their day of exams, AL come and chain my gate & they miss the National Exams how? We are healed but now the scar are forced opened.

b4 this, I was planning to sell my flat. Got buyer wanted a 2nd view of my unit but I put on hold and told my agent that 7th mth not v gd to let pple come my house (infact tis is not the truth). What shld I do after 7th mth? Pls advise.
how how is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #508

Thanks Babe2019
how how is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #509

What did he do? Runner got many types. Did he provide his bank account for the Ah long?

He is currently in remand, can’t see him till court date of charging

Whole family is going through nightmare right now
OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #510

Those ah long will reply the same common phrase. “You make sure ask the police 24-hours standby your house outside.”

This is their common line when you mention police. The best is to install cctv. That way would be better.

Hi all my managers susgest that when the LS or scammer called my workplace again, asking me to open an account, they asked me to tell him straight and tell them I've report to the police. Will that be a good idea?
OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.