HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 01:34 AM   #706

But we never take any single cent from loanshark why must they harass they already cheat our money for their fees . If we take the money than nothing to say but never even one cent
They don't play by the rules. Our logic and theirs are different.Even returning the initial amount doesn't mean a thing to them. You think it's an act of goodwill, well you are talking about criminals. They don't follow any code of conduct.

It doesn't matter if you don't owe them anymore or anything. As long as you are scared of them and pay up, they will continue to harass you.

The moment you pay them, they will lock in on you. The only way out is don't pay and ghost on them. From that point on, they will have a hard time earning money from you.

And because of the nature of security in Singapore with the good work put up by our SPF, these LS cannot touch you.

My advice to those that got scam with forced loan is to let bank settle the money by showing the police report. Don't anyhow return back the money to the LS, even if they come begging.

Let SPF and bank handle the illicit money. There is no law regarding you keeping the money after reporting to police.

Whatever you decide to do with the money, never ever return it to the LS because they will use it on another victim.

We need to collectively teach them not to scam Singaporeans. Make them loose money scamming us.

Why not make them poor like what they did to us.

Last edited by green72; 07-09-2019 at 07:40 AM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:43 AM   #707

spammers are back again...lets keep reporting to save potential victims !
Can see that people are still responding to these ads..really dont understand
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #708

Pls install call blocker its help
Iamsostress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:07 AM   #709

Yes i saw it too. I help by report the post to admin.
Kekasihhati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 AM   #710

Yes i saw it too. I help by report the post to admin.
Pls install call blocker its help
take screenshots and report to i witness
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #711

They don't play by the rules. Our logic and theirs are different.Even returning the initial amount doesn't mean a thing to them. You think it's an act of goodwill, well you are talking about criminals. They don't follow any code of conduct.

It doesn't matter if you don't owe them anymore or anything. As long as you are scared of them and pay up, they will continue to harass you.

The moment you pay them, they will lock in on you. The only way out is don't pay and ghost on them. From that point on, they will have a hard time earning money from you.

And because of the nature of security in Singapore with the good work put up by our SPF, these LS cannot touch you.

My advice to those that got scam with forced loan is to let bank settle the money by showing the police report. Don't anyhow return back the money to the LS, even if they come begging.

Let SPF and bank handle the illicit money. There is no law regarding you keeping the money after reporting to police.

Whatever you decide to do with the money, never ever return it to the LS because they will use it on another victim.

We need to collectively teach them not to scam Singaporeans. Make them loose money scamming us.

Why not make them poor like what they did to us.

Because we never take any money so will they come up to harass and take money
Tired22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:45 AM   #712

Because we never take any money so will they come up to harass and take money
The possibility and reality of them sending runners is there, even if you don't owe them anything. Don't get caught off guard, prepare your place with a CCTV. Defend yourself even if it comes to nothing.

They will harass you if you allow them by answering the door, their calls and messages.

They will take your money if you give them.

Runners are out to scare you only. Only stupid ones will create a scene at your place. They are usually are ninja-like in their work, touch n go.
The days of runners come and bang on your door to demand money are no more. But please, if they do, don't go and break their legs. Just call 999.😁

If you succumb to their harassment and pay, then blame yourself.

Let's put it this way. You pay them is like subscribing for them to continue harassing you if you don't pay.

If you call 999 when runners come, then half your battle is won. They usually leave your place as fast as possible after doing what they usually do. They, themselves are pretty scared of getting caught and are finicky and nervous.

If you block their calls and messages, then another half of the battle is won.

Final result, you win, they lose.

Last edited by green72; 07-09-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #713

Hi everyone,

I have been owing more than 20 ls, but decided to ghost out on 22nd aug. So far 4 runners have been caught red handed(all foreigners) . Due to fail of doing so, 1 of the ls post about 10 letters in my mailbox using singpost service. Threatening me to call him, if not they will sent 300 copies to my neighbour. Police report will be made later.

So just want to tell borrowers, STOP paying and ignore all their messages. Wish u all the best of luck of fighting this ls.
Helloworld01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #714

Hi everyone,

I have been owing more than 20 ls, but decided to ghost out on 22nd aug. So far 4 runners have been caught red handed(all foreigners) . Due to fail of doing so, 1 of the ls post about 10 letters in my mailbox using singpost service. Threatening me to call him, if not they will sent 300 copies to my neighbour. Police report will be made later.

So just want to tell borrowers, STOP paying and ignore all their messages. Wish u all the best of luck of fighting this ls.
Hi Helloworld01. You did the right thing.

Please, to other victims, follow what helloworld01 did. I hope other victims are convinced that they can do it.

Just imagine 20 LS. None can touch him because this is Singapore, land of thousands of CCTV and hardworking Police.

We need to tell all these LS, Singapore is not a profitable place to run their "business".

Ghost on them, don't pay. They will give up. Still not convince?🤔👀

Last edited by green72; 07-09-2019 at 10:22 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #715

Hi Helloworld01. You did the right thing.

Please, to other victims, follow what helloworld01 did.

Just imagine 20 LS. None can touch him because this is Singapore, land of thousands of CCTV and hardworking Police.

Ghost on them, don't pay. They will give up.
Just fyi, based on my experience on the 4 runners caught, its all between 7pm-10pm(weekdays), and 1 was caught on sun around 3pm. So far nothing happens during wee hour. But that is just based on my experience.

I guess its best to install CCTV with motion detection. I installed mine about $248/-. Rather than u keep paying this ls, its better for u guys to invest on CCTV, and spent on u and your family on you payday.

Its a lie if i said im not scared at the first week, but by reading this forum, it gives courage to be strong. Think back, until when we want to pay loan to ls.

Last edited by Helloworld01; 07-09-2019 at 10:26 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 10:25 AM   #716

Just fyi, based on my experience on the 4 runners caught, its all between 7pm-10pm(weekdays), and 1 was caught on sun around 3pm. So far nothing happens during wee hour. But that is just based on my experience.

I guess its best to install CCTV with motion detection. I installed mine about $248/-. Rather than u keep paying this ls, its better for u guys to invest on CCTV, and spent on u and your family on you payday.
Agreed. Anyway, there are cheaper motion detection cctv. I use both expensive and cheap one. I know only can install one but I still install 2.

I can share with you guys. Just PM.

Anyway last bus or train is before midnight. That's why never come in the wee hours. ✌

Last edited by green72; 07-09-2019 at 10:28 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 10:35 AM   #717

Just hoping after i made a police report. Singpost will up their standard by rejecting all mails without any returned address. 😂😂

So i guess from there,they wont have any way to harrass you.

Last edited by Helloworld01; 07-09-2019 at 10:38 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 01:49 PM   #718

But we never take any single cent from loanshark why must they harass they already cheat our money for their fees . If we take the money than nothing to say but never even one cent
Because they are evil scammers. Don't let them rob you of peace. Cut the messaging and contact. Confide in a friend or family who is close. Let go of the fear and be strong.
JusticeLeague2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:06 PM   #719

Some people are so desperate because they don't have any money due to the various reasons.
The bank will shun them and need a lot of documents before lend them any money maybe due to the bad rating from credit bureau.
After all, they are adult and of course they know the consequences of borrowing from the LS.
Government got a List of Licensed Moneylenders in Singapore, they can check before borrow money from the Whatsapp. By the way, where got LML conduct business through Whatsapp and without meet up face to face at office ?
When someone said they don't know the one they borrowed is LS and they thinking is legal money lender, I will say bullshiiit.

https://www.mlaw.gov.sg/content/rom/...singapore.html
andylau78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #720

because they are criminals? criminals won't talk logic with u.
polarinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.