HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2019, 08:47 AM   #751

I was thinking can we put those company name and the number here especially scam. So all at least can see the info. And can minimize the possibility of not being scam etc
you are NOT SUPPOSE to respond to any of these msg !!!
Just report all these screenshots to i- witness ...
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #752

Nowadays, banks also advertise on facebook
polarinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #753

I setup this thread regarding Loanshark harassment. I, myself is not a debtor however to be frank someone in my family does.

I hope to gather more users and people to voice out. The Police are doing a lot to curb this problem. However we must face the fact that this problem had been there for decades. Have faith and trust in our system. It is very hard to eliminate the network, nevertheless if every citizen does their part in cooperating; it is must easier to get to the network.

This is how you can help. If any of your family members owe loan shark money, tell them not to pay up a single cent. Tell them to call the Police Hotline number 1800 225 0000 to transfer you to the relevant department. In which there is a specific department in the West that handle Loan Shark Cases.

In the event that you are the debtor, please refrain from helping the loanshark or fall into their trap to help them in their illegal activities. They will ask you for personal details. E.g. Singpass, ATM card or even ask you to help them distribute brochures or transfer money.

Donít fall prey to become a target by the loanshark syndicate. In the event that you canít make payment they will ask you to work for them to pay off your debts. Donít do it. Owing money doesnít resort in a death penalty, jail sentence or caning. However if you are debtors turn assistors, the punishment is very severe. You, yourself will in turn from a victim become a criminal.

Under the Moneylenders Act 2010 (Revised Edition), first-time offenders found guilty of carrying on the business as an unlicensed moneylender or assisting in the business of unlicensed moneylending may be fined not less than $30,000 and not more $300,000, be imprisoned for a term not exceeding four years and shall also be liable to be punished with caning not more than six strokes. First time offender found guilty of loanshark harassment shall be punished with imprisonment for a term of up to 5 years, a fine of not less than $5,000 and not more than $50,000, and shall also be liable to caning of not less than 3 and not more than 6 strokes.

You have heard of the saying, 明知道老虎会咬人,你还一直喂他,那就是自寻死路。
If you are a debtor, please donít blame yourself for what happen. If you are not desperate, you wonít be borrowing from them. Seek your family understanding. Sometime you would feel helpless, you are loss, you always trying to source money to meet payment, the pain and psychological torture is unbearable. But please face the fact; this is never the end of life.

Donít pay them; it is not against the law not to pay them. They will threaten to report on you and use a lot of threatening message to make you pay or work for them. But come to think of it, when did they show up to receive the payment in person. It is always through Bank Transfer. Ask yourself why.

Learn to understand the situation you are in, accept it. And be true to your family about the money lending matter. Call NPCG for counselling in the event that your family members donít understand.

The methodology that they used is always to instill fear in their victims. And from the news you would know that many loan shark always are so notorious. But come to think of it, who are the one that are being used by them. Who are the one that are doing the dirty job? The debtors are always the one.
Ask yourself a question, why does the Police always so reactive towards the loan shark? It is because the loan sharks are always under the veil. They used the debtors as smoke screen.

What will happen in the event you donít pay up?
They will spray paint at your house, disturb your neighbor, disgrace you, humiliate you and shame you. These are the tactics that they used. So how bad can this be? Do you want your life back again? Or do you want to live in a lifetime full of fear. I will be very honest with you. My father had been feeding the tiger for years and finally now, he decide to heel the Police advice and stop paying and cooperate with them.

You are not the only one suffering if you continue to pay. Think about your family for the long term. Do you want them to suffer with you for 10 year, 20 years, worrying about money? Think about it. Do you want to be partner in crime? Or do you want a lifelong happiness with your family. If you really care for your family members, you should know the right thing to do. If you are scares you can always post on the forum or talk to someone regarding the case.

I believe if we unite as one, we can accomplish more. If you are young, bold, adventurous, please feel free to voice out. We can always spend some time to help one another. We can help family by family if we have more manpower. The debtors need people to talk to. The family members need assurance and comfort. We donít blame other for not helping us, if we are not helping ourselves. We donít need to resort to violence; we want to build a peaceful community for everyone to live in.

And again, I need more people and more support to discuss matter and also plan to help other out.

Thank you for your time in reading this.
Hi how do i reach u
accurseddoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:02 AM   #754

hi better standby a bailor , so long u allow them to deposit to your account and someone reported that they deposited money in ur account u will be called up and "consider helping them "
Hi
May I check with u in the end did you get charge or something ? I am new here and I was scrammed by LS and let them deposit into my account for a few times and transfer back to them.

I make a police report yesterday night.
What should I do now...
Screwup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:34 AM   #755

Hi
May I check with u in the end did you get charge or something ? I am new here and I was scrammed by LS and let them deposit into my account for a few times and transfer back to them.

I make a police report yesterday night.
What should I do now...

yes got charged , to find out more pls pm me
CloudClau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #756

Anyone can advise. How Long will the investigation be ? Last week I called my IO. He say he will arrange and call me back For a interview. One week has passed but no one called.
Screwup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:25 PM   #757

The possibility and reality of them sending runners is there, even if you don't owe them anything. Don't get caught off guard, prepare your place with a CCTV. Defend yourself even if it comes to nothing.

They will harass you if you allow them by answering the door, their calls and messages.

They will take your money if you give them.

Runners are out to scare you only. Only stupid ones will create a scene at your place. They are usually are ninja-like in their work, touch n go.
The days of runners come and bang on your door to demand money are no more. But please, if they do, don't go and break their legs. Just call 999.😁

If you succumb to their harassment and pay, then blame yourself.

Let's put it this way. You pay them is like subscribing for them to continue harassing you if you don't pay.

If you call 999 when runners come, then half your battle is won. They usually leave your place as fast as possible after doing what they usually do. They, themselves are pretty scared of getting caught and are finicky and nervous.

If you block their calls and messages, then another half of the battle is won.

Final result, you win, they lose.

This is really accurate analogy, you pay them, you are are subscribing to their hasslement.

Cant explain it any better. Trust us, most of us are veterans of these treatment and the only way out is to stop paying
Stupid person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #758

another type of scam..dont fall for it

Police Advisory On E-Commerce Scams Involving Sale Of Concert And Event Tickets

https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-p..._Event_Tickets
Old 12-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #759

Police no advise anything . I feel like damn useless report to the police but he did advice me what to do and he told me will send police to round my place
Bro, don't worry. Been there done that. At most they pour ur neighbour house. But hdb will clean it up except for the door. They will clean the wall.
wang44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:42 PM   #760

Bro, don't worry. Been there done that. At most they pour ur neighbour house. But hdb will clean it up except for the door. They will clean the wall.
loan shark eat my ****
Come and one on one with me you will ask for forgiveness
Iamsostress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #761

Anyone can advise. How Long will the investigation be ? Last week I called my IO. He say he will arrange and call me back For a interview. One week has passed but no one called.
they will send u letter , keep a look out usually ard 2 weeks the letter will come . Since u need to standby bailer .
CloudClau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #762

Good job SPF ...for all the harassment they they have inflicted on us

https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-p...Harassment_E-1

https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-p..._Jurong_East_D

https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-p...k_Harassment_E
Old 14-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #763

they will send u letter , keep a look out usually ard 2 weeks the letter will come . Since u need to standby bailer .
Hi, i also took loans from UML. I received whatsapp and sms regarding the loans and i applied. I must say it is my biggest mistake and i really regretted it now. it affected me and my husband.

I took loans from 5 UML which 2 i paid their deferment. However, due to 1 of my late payment, the UML charged me late fee and threaten me by sending me video of my house. Thats when, my other UML payment was due and i had not enuf money to pay them. Thats when they started to **** me by using vulgarities. I did not pay them anymore (except those i had paid before lodging a police report. Some is their 1st defer payment, i never pay them at all).

Thats when i decided to inform my mother and ask her to accompany me to make police report (10.9.2019). They had my NRIC, NOK, company address and contact number. As for singpass, i had resetted my password on the same day i make police report.

The UML keep sending me whatsapp msgs of the threaten like coming up my house, burn my house, lock my house, using my NRIC to borrow from other UML, calling up my workplace and HQ telling them if i nvr return their call, they will come and harass the children in my school (im an educator actually).

I called up my I/O regarding all the harassment and he told me that this threat will keep coming in because they want to make me scared. He instructed me to install CCTV and call 999 if anything happens.

it has been 3 days since the harassment. My house is clear for now. But im still afraid and not at ease.

What should i do?
nurf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #764

Nurf11,

Do what your I/O said. Install CCTV and call 999 if you see suspicious persons outside your house.

Also, do inform your workplace superior. They will make harassment calls at work. Better do it before they strike so that your superior and colleagues will not be caught off guard.

Also inform the NOK you gave to them. You need to come clean and be honest with them.

Since you have make a police report, stop paying to all LS. To stop their harassment you need to ghost them meaning stop all contacts with them.

Change phone number or install call blocking apps. Block or close your social media accounts. They will harass your friends if they cannot get you.

They can only scare you via phone or messages but not physically harm you. Their runners can only splash paint, chain gate or paste debtor note at your place. They just want to make you scared so you continue to pay. Be strong, don't pay.

Ghost them for a month and hang tight, once they realise you are not a viable source of income, they will move on.

Yes all 5 of them.
nurf11 likes this.

Last edited by green72; 14-09-2019 at 01:36 PM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 01:32 PM   #765

Read the first few pages of this thread. All the advices are here.

You just do the following
1. Deactivate your social media to prevent them from contacting your friends or save photos from your profile

2. Change your hp number

3. Close your bank account

4. Instal cctv

5. Stop paying them

Hi, i also took loans from UML. I received whatsapp and sms regarding the loans and i applied. I must say it is my biggest mistake and i really regretted it now. it affected me and my husband.

I took loans from 5 UML which 2 i paid their deferment. However, due to 1 of my late payment, the UML charged me late fee and threaten me by sending me video of my house. Thats when, my other UML payment was due and i had not enuf money to pay them. Thats when they started to **** me by using vulgarities. I did not pay them anymore (except those i had paid before lodging a police report. Some is their 1st defer payment, i never pay them at all).

Thats when i decided to inform my mother and ask her to accompany me to make police report (10.9.2019). They had my NRIC, NOK, company address and contact number. As for singpass, i had resetted my password on the same day i make police report.

The UML keep sending me whatsapp msgs of the threaten like coming up my house, burn my house, lock my house, using my NRIC to borrow from other UML, calling up my workplace and HQ telling them if i nvr return their call, they will come and harass the children in my school (im an educator actually).

I called up my I/O regarding all the harassment and he told me that this threat will keep coming in because they want to make me scared. He instructed me to install CCTV and call 999 if anything happens.

it has been 3 days since the harassment. My house is clear for now. But im still afraid and not at ease.

What should i do?
OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.