HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2019, 01:36 PM   #766

Nuff11,

I know you are worried about the safety of your family members. You need to calm down first. The loansharks will keep harassing. They only want money. They can send video or photos of your house. The most they splash paint only. They can’t do any physical harm to you. You must understand they are the illegal ones who don’t dare to show their faces. If get caught, the punishment will be very heavy.

You don’t need to be afraid of them. If by any chance they still able to contact you. Show them you are not afraid and fŁck them off. If they sense fear in you, they would keep threatening you to make you pay.
OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #767

Hi, i also took loans from UML. I received whatsapp and sms regarding the loans and i applied. I must say it is my biggest mistake and i really regretted it now. it affected me and my husband.

I took loans from 5 UML which 2 i paid their deferment. However, due to 1 of my late payment, the UML charged me late fee and threaten me by sending me video of my house. Thats when, my other UML payment was due and i had not enuf money to pay them. Thats when they started to **** me by using vulgarities. I did not pay them anymore (except those i had paid before lodging a police report. Some is their 1st defer payment, i never pay them at all).

Thats when i decided to inform my mother and ask her to accompany me to make police report (10.9.2019). They had my NRIC, NOK, company address and contact number. As for singpass, i had resetted my password on the same day i make police report.

The UML keep sending me whatsapp msgs of the threaten like coming up my house, burn my house, lock my house, using my NRIC to borrow from other UML, calling up my workplace and HQ telling them if i nvr return their call, they will come and harass the children in my school (im an educator actually).

I called up my I/O regarding all the harassment and he told me that this threat will keep coming in because they want to make me scared. He instructed me to install CCTV and call 999 if anything happens.

it has been 3 days since the harassment. My house is clear for now. But im still afraid and not at ease.

What should i do?
It's going to be a tough few weeks.

Do not pay, change phone number, install cctv, and inform your NPP for all suspicious people caught on cctv

most important, do not pay

Last edited by Stupid person; 14-09-2019 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: posted too fast
Stupid person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 02:37 PM   #768

Some more practical advice

The Golden Rules

1. DO NOT PAY anymore

2. Change all relevant numbers, it's inconvenient but it gives you a clear mind instead of having to deal with different threats the whole time

3. Install CCTV - it is a very good deterrent, and gives you power and a sense of security that you desperately need right now.

4. Have a can of paint remover, a paint scrapper, and some turpentine ready just in case. In case of lock or bicycle chain, call the police- they will turn up with the cutters in 10-15 mins. very efficient.

5. Line your doorstep (especially the cement area) with a large cheap wallpaper/ carpet. This makes it easier to clean up and not stain your doorstep cement

6. If you owe a lot of money, make sure that there is nothing flammable at your door leading to your living room, remove all carpets or boxes near the door. This is the most important advice (I was a victim of a fire attack).

Here are things that you might want to take into consideration to protect your family:

a. Fire attacks are usually caused by the runners using liquid accelerants and they will attempt to spray some under the door into your house. The fire is only as good as the time the accelerant burns, but it can be dangerous if there are things that can catch fire nearby.

b. if you ever kena a fire, the biggest damage you will suffer from is actually soot damage. you will find that the fire, even not that big, caused a shitload of soot to cover your house. your neighbours and the common corridor walls will also get one good layer. Cleaning is a chore.

c. Fire insurance for HDB is a godsend in these cases. Just call the agent and you should have a new coat of paint and a new fire door. again the pros will handle all these.

d. theres almost nothing you can do to clean up the soot. you will need a new coat of paint. so dont fret. but clean up so you dont have to live with the soot as the painters will only come a few days later.

e. If an episode happens, apologise to your neighbours. buy them some fruits or something. It was and will be a very frustrating time for them as well, especially if they have young kids.

Regardless, keep yourself safe. DO NOT PAY.
Mr. Wood and nurf11 like this.
Old 14-09-2019, 05:53 PM   #769

The Golden Rules

1. DO NOT PAY anymore

2. Change all relevant numbers, it's inconvenient but it gives you a clear mind instead of having to deal with different threats the whole time

3. Install CCTV - it is a very good deterrent, and gives you power and a sense of security that you desperately need right now.

4. Have a can of paint remover, a paint scrapper, and some turpentine ready just in case. In case of lock or bicycle chain, call the police- they will turn up with the cutters in 10-15 mins. very efficient.

5. Line your doorstep (especially the cement area) with a large cheap wallpaper/ carpet. This makes it easier to clean up and not stain your doorstep cement

6. If you owe a lot of money, make sure that there is nothing flammable at your door leading to your living room, remove all carpets or boxes near the door. This is the most important advice (I was a victim of a fire attack).

Here are things that you might want to take into consideration to protect your family:

a. Fire attacks are usually caused by the runners using liquid accelerants and they will attempt to spray some under the door into your house. The fire is only as good as the time the accelerant burns, but it can be dangerous if there are things that can catch fire nearby.

b. if you ever kena a fire, the biggest damage you will suffer from is actually soot damage. you will find that the fire, even not that big, caused a shitload of soot to cover your house. your neighbours and the common corridor walls will also get one good layer. Cleaning is a chore.

c. Fire insurance for HDB is a godsend in these cases. Just call the agent and you should have a new coat of paint and a new fire door. again the pros will handle all these.

d. theres almost nothing you can do to clean up the soot. you will need a new coat of paint. so dont fret. but clean up so you dont have to live with the soot as the painters will only come a few days later.

e. If an episode happens, apologise to your neighbours. buy them some fruits or something. It was and will be a very frustrating time for them as well, especially if they have young kids.

Thank you for the advise.

I dont loan them alot. Like per UML is about $500 to $1000.

My money was even gone because i paid to one of the UML for the admin and lawyer fees. Really regretted this now!!

My family and husband knows about this already. They are helping me to be strong but i cant forgive myself.

Like for now, 1 day i receive harassment from atleast 1 or 2 UML.

I also receive money from unknown source and the next thing, another UML (dunnoe who), whatsapp me saying my money in and now waiting payment.

Went to bank just now and ask them to revert the money back and requested to close my account. They could only do that after the revert was successful.

Im still using my current number. But whenever they whatsapp or voice call me, i nvr reply and answer their call.

May i know how long does this harassment continues?

Do you leave your house door open when u at home?
nurf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 06:01 PM   #770

As long as you have your family’s support, you don’t need to worry. Also, install cctv and probably inform your work place to prevent them from further harassment. Just explain to them you are being scammed. No one will know how long the phone harassment will stop. You need to change your number so you won’t add more to your stress. Even if they send runner up, they also need to pay them. How many times can they send? So just take it easy and heck care these idiots.

My money was even gone because i paid to one of the UML for the admin and lawyer fees. Really regretted this now!!

My family and husband knows about this already. They are helping me to be strong but i cant forgive myself.

I also receive money from unknown source and the next thing, another UML (dunnoe who), whatsapp me saying my money in and now waiting payment.

Went to bank just now and ask them to revert the money back and requested to close my account. They could only do that after the revert was successful.

Im still using my current number. But whenever they whatsapp or voice call me, i nvr reply and answer their call.

OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 08:30 PM   #771

Best if you change a number. Out of sight, out of mind.

Best part when you change your number, you will not even catch a glimpse of all the threats on whatsapp or sms.

If you dont owe a lot, you shouldn't get too much harrassment.

but be prepared.

It is already good that your family is supporting you. Hang tough.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:38 PM   #772

My workplace already knew abt this as they called uo my HR and say if i nvr return their call, they will come harass the children in the school.

Thats when my principal found out and i come clear with her that im being scammed.

And now, she is indirectly telling me to oay up. Coz if i pay up, this wont happen. She said i also make the whole school involve in this.

Really disappointed in myself.
nurf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 10:36 PM   #773

The Golden Rules

1. DO NOT PAY anymore

Why never make any police report ?
Don't take matter on your own hands.
Follow the police instructions.
CCTV need approval, is not just installed like that.
andylau78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 11:00 PM   #774

Just tell your workplace Police instruction not to pay or else they can charge you with LS activity. That will stop your workplace from asking you to pay.

It's normal that people think just pay up and problem is solved. We ex-victims know it's not that simple. You pay and your hellish situation will be extended until you stop paying and endure the harassment. These LS are cheats and will not keep their end of the agreement.

Use the Police report and apply at your Town Council office for CCTV installation approval. If they disapprove, just inform your I/O to settle with them.

Your superior and colleagues should support you, too bad they react that way, you need to be strong. Remind them to report to Police since the LS threaten your workplace.

Police take that threat seriously but we know the LS are cowards and won't harm anyone at your workplace.

Report to Police the threat and Police will patrol your workplace for a while.

We all have this feeling of guilt. Just read back past month of victims in this thread. It's a normal response. You are not alone.Now, you need to be objective and put that aside. Also remember to eat and rest. You need all the strength you can muster to go through this. Gather mental strength from the support given by your family to think straight.

Stay strong. Don't submit to their threats and harassment. Endure for a few weeks, it will end soon.

My workplace already knew abt this as they called uo my HR and say if i nvr return their call, they will come harass the children in the school.

Thats when my principal found out and i come clear with her that im being scammed.

And now, she is indirectly telling me to oay up. Coz if i pay up, this wont happen. She said i also make the whole school involve in this.

Really disappointed in myself.

Last edited by green72; 14-09-2019 at 11:08 PM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2019, 11:21 PM   #775

My dear i am in Yr situation too. I paid and paid but its never enough. They come up with many terms of their own. Since they know I am a weak victim they pass my no around to others ULM which i know its from the same group. I was on the verge of suicidal. Tho I lost a few thousands to them even after not owning them anything I still feel grateful I found this forum. From this forum too
I found few angels here that patiently guiding and supportive towards my issues even when they themselves facing problems of their own.

Please close all Yr social media immediately as for me i was a little too late and they managed to get pics and used them against me.

Change Yr contact no. Otherwise install the call blocker apps. Tell Yr noks if possible to change their no otherwise if that is not possible just install the call blocker apps and if they find it a hassle due to their reasons tell them to ignore those unknown numbers and do not open/listen to their WhatsApp/sms messages.

Get approval from yr Town Council and install CCTV. It will take within 5 days to 2 weeks for approval. 1 minute already seems eternity so a few of us install cctv even b4 the approval but do be careful coz if they find out u will be fined. Once Yr cctv is up, Yr eyes will be glued to Yr viewing app. The moment u c unfamiliar faces lurking around, call 999. Do inform Yr neighbours about the cctv and d harrasment u going tru and just tell them if they c any unfamiliar faces not to approach but call 999

It seems they have stir up Yr work place, same like mine.

Do not reveal too much detail here as u never know who is reading your post.

As for my case, my IO came to my hse to check for any updates and gave me her handphone no incase I need immediate help.

STOP paying them anymore. If your account no is being reported u will be implicate assisting with money laundering or worse assisting UML. U can do parallel change of new account no online for POSB/DBS and close Yr old account no.

Stay strong, eat as u need energy to go tru, spend some time with your family for dinner or just relax by the beach but never bow down to them. By ghosting them u have do yourself a favour.

I don't open my doors and windows as I fear for the safety of my cats. Try to lay low.

We won't know how long the harrasment gonna last but live goes on. Just stay vigilant

Please stay stronger and take care.

Last edited by Bebe2019; 14-09-2019 at 11:24 PM..
Bebe2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 12:00 AM   #776

Met a uml and he said he will settle all my loans outside if I donít he will need to charge my weekly interest instead of monthly interest. Later I knew I was scammed and he insisted that he paid up for me and I need to pay him the loans with his company. I refused as I paid more than what I owed them and his boss call up saying that he ran away with the money and I have an outstanding loan with their company and threaten me to pay up.

Not the first time this company did this, and Iím not going to pay them but just worried they might harass my house. Blocked their numbers on my nok phone.

Police alerted but I donít think they can do anything about it.

Just like to see if you guys think they will really burn my house etc
Siaosiao12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 08:04 AM   #777

No, they cannot. SPF install many CCTV, will be caught if they do. Their "operations" badly affected by all the CCTV and frequent arrests.

I believe if arson is their new method, SPF will definitely also up their game.

Anyway just a full load of empty threats. But on the safe side, just be vigilant for next few weeks. Maybe install a smoke detector at your maindoor.

Met a uml and he said he will settle all my loans outside if I donít he will need to charge my weekly interest instead of monthly interest. Later I knew I was scammed and he insisted that he paid up for me and I need to pay him the loans with his company. I refused as I paid more than what I owed them and his boss call up saying that he ran away with the money and I have an outstanding loan with their company and threaten me to pay up.

Not the first time this company did this, and Iím not going to pay them but just worried they might harass my house. Blocked their numbers on my nok phone.

Police alerted but I donít think they can do anything about it.

Just like to see if you guys think they will really burn my house etc

Last edited by green72; 15-09-2019 at 08:10 AM..
Old 15-09-2019, 11:08 AM   #778

Same here too. I started with 800cash back defer 250 and clear 1000 from one lender. I keep defer for a few weeks and when i want to clear the loan. The guy say he got no acc for 1k payment . Ask me defer again.
A week later i have not enough money to pay 250 and the guy charge me double .
Same day another ULM offer me loan and i stupidly took it to repay the existing loan. Helllife began . Now i have 6lenders and loan amt 8.5 k which is out of hand.
No idea what to do. Shall i get my parents hlep clear all and turn a new life ?
Any advice ?
I am work pass holder here.
Neverlearn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #779

Why never make any police report ?
Don't take matter on your own hands.
Follow the police instructions.
CCTV need approval, is not just installed like that.
very true..get approval to install CCTV FAST !!! Capture their handsome or beautiful faces and pass to polis.
Standby portable fire extinguisher at home if necessary.
Lastly, stay viligant and carry on your life.
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #780

Paying will only extend your problem. Ghost on them.

As a workpass holder, your situation is more complicated.Are you aware in Singapore if a workpass holder borrow from UML, your workpass will be revoked if the law knows about it?

To any workpass holder reading this thread please be aware of this local law.

Same here too. I started with 800cash back defer 250 and clear 1000 from one lender. I keep defer for a few weeks and when i want to clear the loan. The guy say he got no acc for 1k payment . Ask me defer again.
A week later i have not enough money to pay 250 and the guy charge me double .
Same day another ULM offer me loan and i stupidly took it to repay the existing loan. Helllife began . Now i have 6lenders and loan amt 8.5 k which is out of hand.
No idea what to do. Shall i get my parents hlep clear all and turn a new life ?
Any advice ?
I am work pass holder here.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.