www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Current Affairs Lounge (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/)
-   -   Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2 (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/loan-shark-harassment-how-stop-part-2-a-6074965.html)

Siaosiao12345 15-09-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green72 (Post 122767286)
Paying will only extend your problem. Ghost on them.

As a workpass holder, your situation is more complicated.Are you aware in Singapore if a workpass holder borrow from UML, your workpass will be revoked if the law knows about it?

To any workpass holder reading this thread please be aware of this local law.

Report police if they threaten to harass u, but small amount normally itís just pure threatening. But u are work pass they might disturb your workplace and NOK numbers.

Iím facing the same issues, just that I paid and they keep asking for more excuses to make me pay more like the staff took the money and run away etc. Good lenders will advice u not to pay them anymore, and good lenders will not do such thing because they rather have a long term rls with you.

klasikcocacola 15-09-2019 12:51 PM

The law is real. I myself is a wp holder. But i have ghost on LS two months now so far after blocking and ignoring calls... Everything seems quiet now....

Remember WP holders... If ur pass is revoked... U can never work in sg again... So make the right choice.

As a wp holder, my advise is get ur HR informed about this... Dont pay up. Dont answer any calls or txt from unknown numbers... Change number if u have to...
Try channeling your focus to ur house or parents house in ur home country. Esp if its in malaysia... Get a cctv installed there for protection.... In singapore nothing much can be done to you if u are staying here... If they want to really harrass... They might do it in ur home outside of sg if the have connections ( some do ).

I had my house at malaysia monitored by cctv... 2 big dogs :s13: and a car blanket to cover up the car every night just incase.

Quote:

As a workpass holder, your situation is more complicated.Are you aware in Singapore if a workpass holder borrow from UML, your workpass will be revoked if the law knows about it?

Bebe2019 15-09-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seowliao (Post 122766771)
very true..get approval to install CCTV FAST !!! Capture their handsome or beautiful faces and pass to polis.
Standby portable fire extinguisher at home if necessary.
Lastly, stay viligant and carry on your life.

Bought my mini fire extinguisher fm mustafa @ $7.50.just incase

seowliao 15-09-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bebe2019 (Post 122767750)
Bought my mini fire extinguisher fm mustafa @ $7.50.just incase

the 500ml ? reasonable price..
its good to keep one at home

Neverlearn86 15-09-2019 01:17 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the advise ..i have a question. Can i still report police abt their harassement and threatening ? Police will give me problems? Cos i am a work pass holder ..

andylau78 15-09-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverlearn86 (Post 122767923)
Thanks for the advise ..i have a question. Can i still report police abt their harassement and threatening ? Police will give me problems? Cos i am a work pass holder ..

Why police give you problem ? LS is the one give you problem. I observed that some people never urge people make police report as first step. Only LS will worry that police give them problem for catching their runner and reducing their manpower. How you know the guy that you are asking is not LS ? Faster go and make police report. Don't trust anyone here. Only can trust the police.

Neverlearn86 15-09-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andylau78 (Post 122768326)
Why police give you problem ? LS is the one give you problem. I observed that some people never urge people make police report as first step. Only LS will worry that police give them problem for catching their runner and reducing their manpower. How you know the guy that you are asking is not LS ? Faster go and make police report. Don't trust anyone here. Only can trust the police.

Thanks you for advise...
My worry is that if work pass holder borrow from LS , work pass will be revoked and not allow future employment is Sg.
I worry police might take action on me as well.

Siaosiao12345 15-09-2019 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverlearn86 (Post 122768535)
Thanks you for advise...
My worry is that if work pass holder borrow from LS , work pass will be revoked and not allow future employment is Sg.
I worry police might take action on me as well.

Not an offense to borrow from loanshark, and if itís a genuine mistake I think itís ok. Quickly report to the police, with more ppl reporting them they can do more things such as freezing their accounts etc.

I did not block them but just ignore them and report as spam. See how things go.

Nothing much the police can do, they can only increase the patrolling etc and they might ask u to get approval to install cctv.

MrHelper93 15-09-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverlearn86 (Post 122765801)
Same here too. I started with 800cash back defer 250 and clear 1000 from one lender. I keep defer for a few weeks and when i want to clear the loan. The guy say he got no acc for 1k payment . Ask me defer again.
A week later i have not enough money to pay 250 and the guy charge me double .
Same day another ULM offer me loan and i stupidly took it to repay the existing loan. Helllife began . Now i have 6lenders and loan amt 8.5 k which is out of hand.
No idea what to do. Shall i get my parents hlep clear all and turn a new life ?
Any advice ?
I am work pass holder here.

Bro I just encounter the same problem as you 1 month ago. Donít have to pay them anymore this are all scam loan. Let your family know about this and your workplace. Tell them you have already paid and you are scammed. They will be angry. But I can assure you your family will stand with you and help you to fight against them. But you have to prepare for all the threatening and all the unknown calls to your family members. You all need to be strong. I stop answering their calls and ignore. Now I only received 1 call per week. Hopefully all this can stop too.

MrHelper93 15-09-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bebe2019 (Post 122761419)
My dear i am in Yr situation too. I paid and paid but its never enough. They come up with many terms of their own. Since they know I am a weak victim they pass my no around to others ULM which i know its from the same group. I was on the verge of suicidal. Tho I lost a few thousands to them even after not owning them anything I still feel grateful I found this forum. From this forum too
I found few angels here that patiently guiding and supportive towards my issues even when they themselves facing problems of their own.

Please close all Yr social media immediately as for me i was a little too late and they managed to get pics and used them against me.

Change Yr contact no. Otherwise install the call blocker apps. Tell Yr noks if possible to change their no otherwise if that is not possible just install the call blocker apps and if they find it a hassle due to their reasons tell them to ignore those unknown numbers and do not open/listen to their WhatsApp/sms messages.

Get approval from yr Town Council and install CCTV. It will take within 5 days to 2 weeks for approval. 1 minute already seems eternity so a few of us install cctv even b4 the approval but do be careful coz if they find out u will be fined. Once Yr cctv is up, Yr eyes will be glued to Yr viewing app. The moment u c unfamiliar faces lurking around, call 999. Do inform Yr neighbours about the cctv and d harrasment u going tru and just tell them if they c any unfamiliar faces not to approach but call 999

It seems they have stir up Yr work place, same like mine.

Do not reveal too much detail here as u never know who is reading your post.

As for my case, my IO came to my hse to check for any updates and gave me her handphone no incase I need immediate help.

STOP paying them anymore. If your account no is being reported u will be implicate assisting with money laundering or worse assisting UML. U can do parallel change of new account no online for POSB/DBS and close Yr old account no.

Stay strong, eat as u need energy to go tru, spend some time with your family for dinner or just relax by the beach but never bow down to them. By ghosting them u have do yourself a favour.

I don't open my doors and windows as I fear for the safety of my cats. Try to lay low.

We won't know how long the harrasment gonna last but live goes on. Just stay vigilant

Please stay stronger and take care.

Hey bro I need help. I keep paying them and one day I decided to stop and they started harassing me and now my account got freeze for suspected money laundering ):

Neverlearn86 15-09-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHelper93 (Post 122770703)
Bro I just encounter the same problem as you 1 month ago. Donít have to pay them anymore this are all scam loan. Let your family know about this and your workplace. Tell them you have already paid and you are scammed. They will be angry. But I can assure you your family will stand with you and help you to fight against them. But you have to prepare for all the threatening and all the unknown calls to your family members. You all need to be strong. I stop answering their calls and ignore. Now I only received 1 call per week. Hopefully all this can stop too.

Thanks ...did they call your workplace ? Did they do anything ?

Bebe2019 15-09-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHelper93 (Post 122770815)
Hey bro I need help. I keep paying them and one day I decided to stop and they started harassing me and now my account got freeze for suspected money laundering ):

Someone must have reported Yr account no.

MrHelper93 15-09-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverlearn86 (Post 122771584)
Thanks ...did they call your workplace ? Did they do anything ?

Bro they just keep calling my office that day. So what happened is I already told my colleagues and everyone working there I got scammed and each time they called, they just say Iím no longer working there. It takes a lot of courage to overcome this. But well we are all man. If we did something wrong we need to face the music. Itís a big lesson learnt from me. You have to be strong bro. Itís not the end of the life. Tough time donít last tough man do. Always remember this

MrHelper93 15-09-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bebe2019 (Post 122771753)
Someone must have reported Yr account no.

Well. I will explained everything with SPF/Banks and hopefully can clear my name ):

andylau78 15-09-2019 08:01 PM