Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info
Reaction score
After splashed paint and warning letter to put fire, they send 2 runners and knock my door. I wasn't at home and lucky my kid never opened the door. My neighbour walked pass and they ask her if anyone in. Neighbour reply yes. They took photo of my door and left. How long will all these harassment stop?

It will stop when despite *whatever* they do, you still DO NOT PAY them. Do not be afraid, it will be over soon.

Fill a police report for EVERY time they harass you. CCTV are everywhere, they can run but will be arrested in no time.

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m a foreigner working here in singapore for a few years now.I’m still young and the only breadwinner of the family. This last few weeks is really hard for me all of a sudden illness one of my parents was diagnose with illness. I needed money really bad so that I can support the medical bills. I tried to go to a legal loan however with the new singapore prohibition regarding foreigner loan all legal money lenders stop accepting loan from foreigners due to “no quota”. time is not on my side with desperation. I came a long to meet a loan shark via whatssup. I tried to ask how is the process of loan and somehow he manage to get my details and bank account. He stop replying and the following day he transferred money to may bank account $500. Informed me that I should pay $700 in the next few days. With a the problems im a facing then this incident happen.

It totally crushed me I cannot eat, sleep and work because of the incident. Then my payment day arrive and I still payed the $700 because of fear that my officemates gets harass leading for me to be send back home. After the payment I blocked & report the whatssup number of the loan shark. After 2 hours of blocking the loan shark number. I started to receive “Unknown caller” calls. Every time I receive a call I just press decline call. By tomorrow I would close my bank account and try to change to a new phone number. But up to this moment I’m still on shocked and fear of loosing a job. Sorry for being to explanatory I just want to share as I dont have anybody to talk and I cannot bring up this burden to my family and let them worry. But im really thankful thru this forum I gain strength and hope to overcome this problem. Hopefully loan shark would stop messaging me and dont pay me a visit whether in home/office.

If I may suggest when you receiving a message thru whatssup from a loan shark pls block and report them. By doing this little effort we are frustrating the loan shark’s because ones an account received a multiple report the whatssup admin would permanently ban the number and they would force to buy a new number

The next few days would be very hard as harassment would be more harder. I try to keep everybody updated.

Again thanks for all the help

Pls talk to your closest friend for support.

Pls CUT OFF all communication with them ASAP.

Pls eat and sleep and return to regular routine.

You are going to fight this and whatever they say, remember this.

DO NOT PAY!!!!!!!

All the info you need are here. PM if clueless.

FIGHT LOAN SCAMS - http://bit.ly/fightloanscams

OomphFroglet

Reaction score
Don’t count on it. How much is your loan? And also depends if they want to risk sending runner. Send them means paying them or less one payment and also risk clearing their debts if the runner get caught by police. This one no one can predict or tell you if they will send or not. But doesn’t suggest you should test water too.

You mean there is also a chance they won't do anything?

Lozanoza

Reaction score
They transfered me 500 and request for $1000 and said they will reimburse the 500 back, police report was made , next follow up interview on 14.

Don’t count on it. How much is your loan? And also depends if they want to risk sending runner. Send them means paying them or less one payment and also risk clearing their debts if the runner get caught by police. This one no one can predict or tell you if they will send or not. But doesn’t suggest you should test water too.

Reaction score
good job SPF ..more please

02 October 2019
Woman Arrested For Loanshark Harassment

https://www.police.gov.sg/news-and-publications/media-releases/20191002_woman_arr_for_loanshark_harassment_j

CRIME watch on this topic.

https://youtu.be/_fHQ5TunnfA

And in case you are not convinced on how heavy the punishments are, check out this photo! Personally I pity the guy, he is also a victim.

Click here!
open

Last edited:

techi0929

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been reading these forums for the whole week!! I'm stuck in this AL situation too... I'm down with depression recently and have been toying with the idea of suicide. Thank God, I come across this forum. N I know what I want to do next. First thing tomorrow, I will make a police report, close my bank account, inform my workplace, change my hp number and send mails to all my neighbours to keep a lookout for suspicious people loitering around the block.

My story is such, I have been diligently paying them all the deferment since March 19'!! How I manage to do it.. I also really don't know.. Since May 19', my weekly deferment works up to more than 1k. I still don't know how I can survive it.... But now, I can't keep up with it anymore... It's driving me crazy.. I stopped paying them for the last 2 weeks with some sympathetic reasons.. I guess since i'm a good 'customer', they haven't been bugging me yet as of yesterday. But today, they start sending messages which I totally ignored. Gosh.... It really took me this long to wake up!!! I think I have paid more than enough!!

Just wanna say, thanks all for this forum. Do give me the encouragement to fight this battle!! Will keep everyone posted...

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been reading these forums for the whole week!! I'm stuck in this AL situation too... I'm down with depression recently and have been toying with the idea of suicide. Thank God, I come across this forum. N I know what I want to do next. First thing tomorrow, I will make a police report, close my bank account, inform my workplace, change my hp number and send mails to all my neighbours to keep a lookout for suspicious people loitering around the block.

My story is such, I have been diligently paying them all the deferment since March 19'!! How I manage to do it.. I also really don't know.. Since May 19', my weekly deferment works up to more than 1k. I still don't know how I can survive it.... But now, I can't keep up with it anymore... It's driving me crazy.. I stopped paying them for the last 2 weeks with some sympathetic reasons.. I guess since i'm a good 'customer', they haven't been bugging me yet as of yesterday. But today, they start sending messages which I totally ignored. Gosh.... It really took me this long to wake up!!! I think I have paid more than enough!!

Just wanna say, thanks all for this forum. Do give me the encouragement to fight this battle!! Will keep everyone posted...
Stay safe
Do keep us updated.

Last edited:

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Hi All,

Stay strong and if you need any help just PM

Alia88

Reaction score
Hi All,

Please dont give up! All of us here r with you yo overcome this ordeal. Brace up! You can do it. I'm also getting encouragements from ppl here! Jia you!

techi0929

Reaction score
Thanks... But the problem is, I totally cannot remember who I quote as my NOK. I don't know where to start.... **sigh**

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Thanks... But the problem is, I totally cannot remember who I quote as my NOK. I don't know where to start.... **sigh**
You have been scammed,cheated.

It doesn't matter if you still owe them or not, full paid or not. Once they get hold of you, to "ghost" them is the only way. Of course, telling your family the problems helps a lot so you don't fight this alone.

Just stop paying further. The faster you wake up to this, the sooner this nightmare ends. Forget about you owing them, if you don't, you will always think by paying you will have peace.

They will continuously give you hell until you can't pay no more and they give you more hell.

They most probably will send runner to scare you once you ghost on them.They can only try to make you scared. ONLY WORDS, NO ACTION.

Just stop replying or answering their calls and messages.

Install apps that can block message and calls and report if he send you WhatsApp or SMS message. To further prevent future harassment,close all your social media.

techi0929

Reaction score
You have been scammed,cheated.

It doesn't matter if you still owe them or not, full paid or not. Once they get hold of you, to "ghost" them is the only way. Of course, telling your family the problems helps a lot so you don't fight this alone.

Just stop paying further. The faster you wake up to this, the sooner this nightmare ends. Forget about you owing them, if you don't, you will always think by paying you will have peace.

They will continuously give you hell until you can't pay no more and they give you more hell.

They most probably will send runner to scare you once you ghost on them.They can only try to make you scared. ONLY WORDS, NO ACTION.

Just stop replying or answering their calls and messages.

Install apps that can block message and calls and report if he send you WhatsApp or SMS message. To further prevent future harassment,close all your social media.

I won't be blocking them tonight cos I need to stall for time till I get whatever needs to be done tomorrow... I hope nothing happens tonight...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.