HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2019, 01:04 PM   #826

Yes! We need to see more arrests in Malaysia!

Straits Times just took this article from Malaysia paper, they still don't know the difference between loan shark and loan scam. This is our moment, call up the media and let them know the difference and the tricks and fear tactics of the loan scammers. Let their tricks be known and their scam go to zero.
very true bro...SPF and the Malaysian Polis must work hand in hand to bring more of these scammers down !!! These are menace to our society
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 01:08 PM   #827

had been repeating this..you can dont take our advice.
If you suspect you have been scammed..make a polis report immediately.
If you have been invited for coffee by the polis instead, cause along the way somehow traced to your account, it will be a different story.
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #828

had been repeating this..you can dont take our advice.
If you suspect you have been scammed..make a polis report immediately.
If you have been invited for coffee by the polis instead, cause along the way somehow traced to your account, it will be a different story.
Just got another call from unknown number. They use private numbers to call so u cannot block them
Siaosiao12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 04:01 PM   #829

Call 999 immediately then Yr IO. The spf will come ASAP. They will call the town council to clean up once they take all the evidence that is required. Have u install cctv?

U didn't block their no?
Yes i install cctv already.

Nope, i didnt block their number yet. Should i? Coz i dont want them to call my workplace or NOK.

Now they are calling me using Private number and msging me.

😪😥
CloudClau likes this.
nurf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 04:19 PM   #830

Yes i install cctv already.

Nope, i didnt block their number yet. Should i? Coz i dont want them to call my workplace or NOK.

Now they are calling me using Private number and msging me.

😪😥
You have totell your NOK and workplace about it and tell them ignore their calls. If ls dont have anyone to scare, they will stop. Ignore them. Ive been there and done that.
Kekasihhati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 04:22 PM   #831

You have totell your NOK and workplace about it and tell them ignore their calls. If ls dont have anyone to scare, they will stop. Ignore them. Ive been there and done that.
Yes, they also use unknown number to call me. Io suggest to block and ignore. Donít communicate with them
Old 17-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #832

Today my first day stop paying 2 LS . So far no call or sms received .
Neverlearn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 08:04 PM   #833

Today my first day stop paying 2 LS . So far no call or sms received .
Anyone know how to block unknown numbers / private number on iphone
Old 17-09-2019, 08:33 PM   #834

Anyone know how to block unknown numbers / private number on iphone
Iphone cant block unknown no.
For my case , i change new no
Neverlearn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #835

You confusing people lah about don't trust anyone here.

At least trust our advice here..😁😁😁
Who know maybe you are loan shark undercover here ? Infernal affairs. Just joking. Not everyone is what they are portrayed here. Encourage people trust police only. The safest route.
andylau78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #836

Hi all, have been reading the posts so far and feel very encouraged. I am going to block one LS who I already made defer payment more than what was loaned. So I believe they will not harrass me as the amount is small.

But there is one more, he loaned me $750 and defer $250, otherwise pay $1000 to close account. Should I just pay back what he has loaned then block him? I have only made 1 defer payment so far.

Appreciate any advice thanks!
Faster go make police report. Once you transferred back, you are considered as helping loan shark because the account you bank in is another victim. You are helping loan shark forcing loan to the victim.
andylau78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 09:01 PM   #837

3 weeks ago, i browse a Ďso calledí licensed money lender from the website. Then, I approach the number that given on the website and provide my detail ( work pass , address, account number & work place ). Then, after discussion..they gave me 1k trial loan. After that, I went to mlaw.gov.sg to check whether this company is legit licensed money company and i found out this company is not on the list. So , I tell them I did not want the loan. After few hours, I found out that they forced to deposit into my account. Then, I went to bank and revert back the amount to the particular account and lodge a police report plus changed new contact number. They started to call my office to harrass.. and I did explain my situation to my superior. They also assisting me by not answer any unknown call. Till last week, money has been successful reverted back to the particular account and harrass call/message also reduce. This whole week got no harrass call/sms/Whatapp at all.

What my IO told me are :-
1) Change new contact number
2) block or donít answer any unknown number
3) change new bank account
4) install CCTV
5) be alert to any suspicious person around ur house area
6) inform ur company about ur situation
7) DO NOT PAY ANYTHING IF U BEING SCAM & LET BANK HANDLE
mclazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2019, 09:41 PM   #838

Iphone cant block unknown no.
For my case , i change new no
I canít change number now due to work
Old 17-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #839

Can block unknown number. You just set unknown to your contacts and put silent or blocked. Then you forever won't be receiving the call already. This is what I do.

Sent from HUAWEI BLA-L29 using GAGT
Spidie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2019, 06:08 AM   #840

Who know maybe you are loan shark undercover here ? Infernal affairs. Just joking. Not everyone is what they are portrayed here. Encourage people trust police only. The safest route.
I can vouch I'm not. You need to read part 1 of this thread to see I was scam too and asked for help.

But I do try to read here often to see who might actually be wolf in sheep disguise. This is on top of encouraging new victims to stop the harassment.

I'm all for "Don't pay" at all camp and make LS poor.

Yes, making a police report is one, but there are steps victims need to take to protect themselves 360į. I was successful in stopping the harassment. Sharing my experience only.

There are tell tale signs runners and LS reading here and posting but how I know, I cannot share.
CloudClau likes this.

Last edited by green72; 18-09-2019 at 06:15 AM..
green72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.