HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree106Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2019, 08:01 PM   #1351

Dont panic, read carefully. “Doors set on fire”. Not the whole house. Anyone injured? No right? And the next day that runner get caught. So rest assure, those coward only dare to do small fire.

Mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy a house, etc.shall be punished with imprisonment for life, or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to 10 years, and shall also be liable to fine.
These leeching scums are running rampant terrorising the weak and the helpless...Enough of nabbing the small fishes...Time to target the biggies and their loyal assistants.
No sympathy for these scums who don't deserved to be borned in this world.

*Cheating with Common Intention under Section 420 and Section 34 of the Penal Code,Chapter 224 which carries a punishment of up to 10 years imprisonment and a fine.

*Those convicted of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender,committing or attempting to commit acts of harassment,offenders can be jailed for up to 5 years,and caned between 3 to 6 STROKES.
Iamsostress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #1352

I was a victim of a LS fire attack.

Fire attacks are meant to scare you, usually at your door mat or burn a shoe outside.

But because i owed a large sum, the *******s got the runner to squeeze accelerant through the underside of my fire door. It was lucky that the fire didnt spread as i have nothing near my door. and i slept through it only to find out the attack at 5 plus in the morning. The amount of soot damage was incredible.

So my advice is:
1. Police report
2. tell them that you owe them a lot and have been repeatedly harassed, they will patrol more often.
3. CCTV
4. remove all flammable material near your main door.
5. Just endure through it. you will be better off.

I have had a previous post on fire attacks and the aftermath. most important if you feel you could be under threat, remove all flammable material near the house.

Our Police and SCDF are very professional and the police will stop at nothing to get the arsonist. Mine was caught in 3 days.

Because of the heavy punishments, not many runners nowadays as it's really not worth it.

If you are even thinking or ever thinking about being runner so that the LS give you respite --- it is a false dream. they dont care two hoots about you. you will just be another tool to strike fear and you will end up in jail and caned .
Stupid person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 05:23 PM   #1353
Supremacy Member

Fire attacks are meant to scare you, usually at your door mat or burn a shoe outside.

But because i owed a large sum, the *******s got the runner to squeeze accelerant through the underside of my fire door. It was lucky that the fire didnt spread as i have nothing near my door. and i slept through it only to find out the attack at 5 plus in the morning. The amount of soot damage was incredible.

So my advice is:
1. Police report
2. tell them that you owe them a lot and have been repeatedly harassed, they will patrol more often.
3. CCTV

I have had a previous post on fire attacks and the aftermath. most important if you feel you could be under threat, remove all flammable material near the house.

Our Police and SCDF are very professional and the police will stop at nothing to get the arsonist. Mine was caught in 3 days.

Because of the heavy punishments, not many runners nowadays as it's really not worth it.

If you are even thinking or ever thinking about being runner so that the LS give you respite --- it is a false dream. they dont care two hoots about you. you will just be another tool to strike fear and you will end up in jail and caned .
actually...after report police mean the amount loan with loanshark..no need to pay ady right?
Old 12-11-2019, 05:48 PM   #1354

actually...after report police mean the amount loan with loanshark..no need to pay ady right?
Re-post for you.

If you read through this thread from the beginning - the advices given by all of us all are the same throughout -*
1. Inform your NOK and workplace*
2. Make police report and follow up with them of any disturbances - Hp numbers and suspicious characters loitering around your unit*
3. Install CCTV and turn on the motion detector.*
4. Change your numbers and bank accounts (If nvr change also can - but endure the barrage of threats)*
5. If your neighbourhood got some watch group or something like that kindly inform them and your neighbours to help look out for the AL runners or suspicious characters.*
6. Last but not least - STOP Funding Criminals - These ALs will use your money or deffered payments to fund runners to harrass you or other borrowers.*
Turn to family or support groups for your mental support.

Do Not Pay Anymore!

Last edited by Iamsostress; 12-11-2019 at 06:03 PM..
Old 12-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #1355

Pay for what? You keep paying and you will end up in deep shît even more. Wake up please.

OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 07:57 PM   #1356

So my advice is:
1. Police report
3. CCTV

How long later did they come and attack you? Want to know so I can be mentally prepared . Was this recent ?
arrowhead123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:56 PM   #1357

Stop being paranoid. You install cctv with motion detection will do. You need to stay strong in your mind. It’s not as if you owe them a huge amount for them to send runner to set fire right?

How long later did they come and attack you? Want to know so I can be mentally prepared . Was this recent ?
OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2019, 08:05 PM   #1358

Man up and fight against them. I know it's scary to get those threats from them and it's okay to be scared. Just that dont let those threats get to you mentally and emotionally. Stay calm each time they call and msg. Ignore them, especially those new numbers offering you loans. They are all under the same s**t'company'.
We'll never know what their next course of action will be so just stay vigilant and be prepared for the worst.
Old 14-11-2019, 08:45 AM   #1359

Short Answer --- YOU NEVER PAY.

Take it this way, everytime you pay, you are getting men/women and kids/parents in trouble.

Why?

You are paying money to scum whose jobs are to make money off people who are struggling using whatever means possible - cheat/scam/threaten. These money then gets funneled overseas to support other vice activities including drug and human trafficking and even worse.

The Only way to stop these people is by cutting all funding. Why do you think the SPF is doing so much to block accounts and getting laws in place to seize assets?

We need to help and the forum members are helping in our own way as previous victims (we have only ourselves to blame for our stupidity though), and all we can is to repeat and offer moral support. But it takes YOU YOURSELF to accept the fact that the worst has been done (you taking the loan or bait), and you have to man up now.

It's never easy. But all i can say is, if it was that easy to man up, there will be no more loan sharks or they didnt have to change that business to scamming.

Do the right thing. DO NOT PAY.
Old 14-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #1360

You are not alone. Be mentally brave.

Hi All, my first message here. I wish I had done my research before falling into this scam. Somehow, I think most of us who fell for it somehow should have already known is a scam. I believe, we have too much things and financial trouble in our lives and on our minds that somehow clouded our judgement and making rash decisions in hope of finding a solution to our problems.

Anyway, I have fallen into the loan scam, instead of getting a loan I end up paying them. So stupid of me. Like the rest, the story doesn’t end, they keep asking for more. Well, I decided to make a police report after coming to my senses and blocked their calls. I was afraid, I was feeling stupid, I cried, I was embarrassed, I was stunned and I was angry. I cried in bed hoping that this was a nightmare I could wake up from.

True enough, the harassment started to come to me and my NOK. I told my NOK i fell for the scam . I felt stupid and remorseful. Anyway, i told my NOK to ignore all unknown calls and messages.

Here is what i have done, I think some of you might want to also consider:
1. Report all numbers and bank account they used to Police i-witness.

2. Block all unknown callers for this interim period. Any harassment whatsapp messages from them, besides blocking them immediately, do a Report & Block. Oh, one thing, when you report and block, you also lose all the messages, so if you want to keep the messages for souvenir, you might want to screenshot or backup the messages, before Report & Block. By doing so, Whatsapp will receive a copy of the messages they sent to you, and they can decide to block their number from the Whatsapp service. So if more of us do this, we can cripple their Whatsapp operations.

3. I have also proceeded to close my bank account . It was troublesome as i have services linked to it. But well, it needs to be done.

4. Be brave. It’s a mental game. Let us all victims ride through this difficult time.

Thank you contributors for your advise and encouragement, it really has helped me to understand better and not feel alone in this ordeal.

Last edited by bettertmr; 14-11-2019 at 06:30 PM..
bettertmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #1361

Hi All, my first message here. I wish I had done my research before falling into this scam. Somehow, I think most of us who fell for it somehow should have already known is a scam. I believe, we have too much things and financial trouble in our lives and on our minds that somehow clouded our judgement and making rash decisions in hope of finding a solution to our problems.

Anyway, I have fallen into the loan scam, instead of getting a loan I end up paying them. So stupid of me. Like the rest, the story doesn’t end, they keep asking for more. Well, I decided to make a police report after coming to my senses and blocked their calls. I was afraid, I was feeling stupid, I cried, I was embarrassed, I was stunned and I was angry. I cried in bed hoping that this was a nightmare I could wake up from.

True enough, the harassment started to come to me and my NOK. I told my NOK i fell for the scam . I felt stupid and remorseful. Anyway, i told my NOK to ignore all unknown calls and messages.

2. Block all unknown callers for this interim period. Any harassment whatsapp messages from them, besides blocking them immediately, do a Report & Block. Oh, one thing, when you report and block, you also lose all the messages, so if you want to keep the messages for souvenir, you might want to screenshot or backup the messages, before Report & Block. By doing so, Whatsapp will receive a copy of the messages they sent to you, and they can decide to block their number from the Whatsapp service. So if more of us do this, we can cripple their Whatsapp operations.

3. I have also proceeded to close my bank account . It was troublesome as i have services linked to it. But well, it needs to be done.

4. Be brave. It’s a mental game. Let us all victims ride through this difficult time.

Thank you contributors for your advise and encouragement, it really has helped me to understand better and not feel alone in this ordeal.
You're slowly getting out from this ordeal.

Ah long are not stupid,If they know they can't get u,they won't spend effort time and money targeting you, Unless it's a huge sum of money involved.So it's the fear they are targeting.
Not worth getting the risk of losing 1 runner to recover the few hundreds dollar.Just don't give in.We can't confirm they will come splash paint or what it's a gamble and rather than every payment day wait for their last min calls or msg.
Police can only check and target those account number.
The more report we made the more account they can catch.
It's a way of cutting the roots somehow.
Believe that lot of people owning money or being scam just that they don't have any directions that's why they keep feeding those ah long till become their runner.
Old 15-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #1362

Good Job. you will be fine.

We can only try our best to help cripple their operations. But like cockroaches, they just need a little to spawn and they will evolve. Like cockroaches, they evolve from prehistoric giant sizes to current small nimble bugs.

They keep moving and reproducing. We can only try to ensure we are clean and have a bottle of insecticide nearby. When a community is clean, they will move to another and try to survive, using different tactics and ways to squirm food out of their next target groups.

SPF tightened heavy laws on LS and related activities --> they move operations overseas

Runners kena caught left right center ---> they use debtors or foreign workers, entice teenagers, use videos etc

SIM cards traced back to owners --> use "space" SIM cards registered to migrant workers before they head back in batches.

Bank Accounts seized --> they get debtors or con teens or old folks into opening accounts for them and taking the ATM cards and tokens.

Lending business Hampered -- > Loan scams or internet scams (love scam, money mule scams, internet purchase scams etc.

IMPORTANTLY,

no matter how we try, they will find an angle to survive like cockroaches. Remember, the only way to avoid cockroaches as much as possible is to clean up your own environment (your bad habits, your expenditure, your family relationships, your own self). If your financial situation is bad because of health and unfortunate events, my heart goes to you, but you can PM me and i can see if i can provide advice to where you can get help officially.

I am no saint. I used to be so f up because of gambling (even went to jail because i helped LS sent a love letter 9 years ago) and i have had the luck to turn around to be able to do a small profitable business, though through a lot of hard work.

I believe the only way to help myself repent is by helping others through this channel. I am still a junior member, but everything is from the heart. I have been through the LS saga twice in my 39 years. That says a lot of ******** about my character and my gambling habit. Its gradually becoming better. I hope to help people hence helping myself.

Last edited by Stupid person; 15-11-2019 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: More content added
Old 15-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #1363

Good Job. you will be fine.

We can only try our best to help cripple their operations. But like cockroaches, they just need a little to spawn and they will evolve. Like cockroaches, they evolve from prehistoric giant sizes to current small nimble bugs.

They keep moving and reproducing. We can only try to ensure we are clean and have a bottle of insecticide nearby. When a community is clean, they will move to another and try to survive, using different tactics and ways to squirm food out of their next target groups.

SPF tightened heavy laws on LS and related activities --> they move operations overseas

Runners kena caught left right center ---> they use debtors or foreign workers, entice teenagers, use videos etc

SIM cards traced back to owners --> use "space" SIM cards registered to migrant workers before they head back in batches.

Bank Accounts seized --> they get debtors or con teens or old folks into opening accounts for them and taking the ATM cards and tokens.

Lending business Hampered -- > Loan scams or internet scams (love scam, money mule scams, internet purchase scams etc.

IMPORTANTLY,

no matter how we try, they will find an angle to survive like cockroaches. Remember, the only way to avoid cockroaches as much as possible is to clean up your own environment (your bad habits, your expenditure, your family relationships, your own self). If your financial situation is bad because of health and unfortunate events, my heart goes to you, but you can PM me and i can see if i can provide advice to where you can get help officially.

I am no saint. I used to be so f up because of gambling (even went to jail because i helped LS sent a love letter 9 years ago) and i have had the luck to turn around to be able to do a small profitable business, though through a lot of hard work.

I believe the only way to help myself repent is by helping others through this channel. I am still a junior member, but everything is from the heart. I have been through the LS saga twice in my 39 years. That says a lot of ******** about my character and my gambling habit. Its gradually becoming better. I hope to help people hence helping myself.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/141-suspects-arrested-for-loan-shark-activities-in-three-day-raid
simplemind312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #1364

good job SPF

14 Nov 2019
141 ARRESTED IN ANTI-LOANSHARKING BLITZ

https://www.police.gov.sg/Media-Room...king_blitz_CID

Last edited by seowliao; 15-11-2019 at 12:06 PM..
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #1365

11 Nov 2019
Man Arrested For Loanshark Harassment

https://www.police.gov.sg/Media-Room...K_HARASSMENT_G

13 Nov 2019
Man Arrested For Loanshark Harassment

https://www.police.gov.sg/Media-Room...k_harassment_F
seowliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.