HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #1396

Will my "scouting" incidents lead to them splashing/locking my unit? My situation is they claim that I still owe them despite me paying off the interests or deferred payments. So technically I do not owe them anything more.
1. Inform your NOK and workplace*
2. Make police report and follow up with them of any disturbances - Hp numbers and suspicious characters loitering around your unit*
3. Install CCTV and turn on the motion detector.*
4. Change your numbers and bank accounts (If nvr change also can - but endure the barrage of threats)*
5. If your neighbourhood got some watch group or something like that kindly inform them and your neighbours to help look out for the AL runners or suspicious characters.*
6.STOP Funding Criminals - These ALs will use your money or deffered payments to fund runners to harrass you or other borrowers.*
Turn to family or support groups for your mental support.
Iamsostress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #1397

hi all recently 2 runners came knocking ask me to answer his phone. Immediately ignored ask them to go away. They continued knocking , took a picture of them and called the police. Police advised not to open the door the next time they come and harass just let them knock and call the police. Do you think they will step up the harassment ?
arrowhead123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #1398

hi all recently 2 runners came knocking ask me to answer his phone. Immediately ignored ask them to go away. They continued knocking , took a picture of them and called the police. Police advised not to open the door the next time they come and harass just let them knock and call the police. Do you think they will step up the harassment ?
I guess by the time the runners will be arrested already.....don't worry too much
simplemind312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 03:51 PM   #1399

Wow.. nowsaday those runners so daring ah.. come knock on door. They not scare their face being capture from cctv?
The question now is, do u also owe legal moneylenders? If yes, those r the debt collectors, not the runners.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 04:56 PM   #1400

Wow.. nowsaday those runners so daring ah.. come knock on door. They not scare their face being capture from cctv?
The question now is, do u also owe legal moneylenders? If yes, those r the debt collectors, not the runners.
Nope,those r the LS runners.
Some of the runners or debtors real desperado and will came knocking on your door.

Well what they can do? Everytime they came over just dial 999 and let our SPF handle it.

Do Not Pay And Fund Criminals!

Last edited by Iamsostress; 23-11-2019 at 04:58 PM..
Old 23-11-2019, 05:00 PM   #1401

If I were you, I would delay them. And secretly call the police to come fast. Then play along with the runners and tell them you asking your friend to transfer you the fund now. But need to wait. Stall some time. Once runners get caught, they will be done for. You must understand. They will face harsher punishment for being LS runner.

OomphFroglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 05:38 PM   #1402

[QUOTE=Iamsostress;123843319]Nope,those r the LS runners.
Some of the runners or debtors real desperado and will came knocking on your door.

Well what they can do? Everytime they came over just dial 999 and let our SPF handle it.

Do Not Pay And Fund Criminals![/QUOTE

If they r really those LS runners, then really damn stupid one.. they thought here is malaysia meh.. lol.. here is singapore leh.. cctv everywhere.. 100% sure kena caught after few days.

I still dun believe they r the runners.. those LS runners all coward all stay in dark and only use threaten method to haunt victims. Come to your door step?? Hard to believe.
SeeBlueSkyAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 05:52 PM   #1403

Hard to say, but i am sticking my neck out to say no.

I had a much larger sum.
Ok really hope that person will get caught soon . My family is so afraid they will really burn our house down over that $1.8k they literally sleep in the living room now sigh
Unluckyperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2019, 06:08 PM   #1404

[QUOTE=SeeBlueSkyAgain;123843839]
Nope,those r the LS runners.

Do Not Pay And Fund Criminals![/QUOTE

If they r really those LS runners, then really damn stupid one.. they thought here is malaysia meh.. lol.. here is singapore leh.. cctv everywhere.. 100% sure kena caught after few days.

I still dun believe they r the runners.. those LS runners all coward all stay in dark and only use threaten method to haunt victims. Come to your door step?? Hard to believe.
LS will always change their method of harassment and will find way to connect the desperate debtors or runners to get in touch with you again once you MIA for so long and maybe just try their luck to squeeze more from the victim.

Those ah long or mastermind,they are hiding in the dark to harassed the victim but not their runners or debtors who did the dirty job for them.

Licensed debt collectors yes they will came knocking on your door but even you're not at home they would drop the Letter Of Demand on your doorsteps before they left.

UML or Licensed one,I think now they're all in it together both have legal business and illegal business.

Those found guilty of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting acts of harassment may get up to five years' jail, a fine between S$5,000 and S$50,000 and three to six strokes of the cane.

Last edited by Iamsostress; 23-11-2019 at 11:02 PM..
Old 23-11-2019, 08:55 PM   #1405

Ok really hope that person will get caught soon . My family is so afraid they will really burn our house down over that $1.8k they literally sleep in the living room now sigh
It's normal for your family to worried and to get those threats from them and it's okay to be scared. Just that dont let those threats get to you mentally and emotionally. Stay calm each time they call and msg.

Ignore them, especially those new numbers offering you loans. They are all under the same cockroaches'company'.

We'll never know what their next course of action will be so just stay vigilant and be prepared for the worst.

Dial 999 if you need immediate police assistance.
Old 23-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #1406

No way to say 100% if they will harrass, only gauge is usually if you have been very scared and have been paying promptly every time they scare you, they will try something funny to test your limits.

Amount owing is also another factor.

Remember -- > they are not here to talk reason. they are here to con as much money out of you as possible because you fear that they will make use of your information that you handed to them against you.

Hence, root out the fear by telling everyone involved. your NOK, your wife, your neighbours and the police and prepare to face consequences with their support behind you.

if you pay, you reset the button on the fear temporarily but will it end? trust that you know the answer from all the answers here
You're on defence mode.
They have upper hand.
Heed bro's and sis's advice here.
Things to be done.
We all have to get on with life.
Old 23-11-2019, 11:39 PM   #1407

Face the fear from today, what going to happen let it be and it's our stupid wrong move.

If you have anyone by your side that so lucky. Hold hand and go through it together and keep calm then carry on with your new life.

Call the police anytime when you need them and brace up for any harassment.

Stay strong and vigilant.

Last edited by Iamsostress; 23-11-2019 at 11:44 PM..
Old 24-11-2019, 04:14 PM   #1408

Actually if the runners come and knock your door, those are the easiest to deal with. just openly call the police and take their photo, sure get caught. Dont get into altercations with them as they mostly likely are debtors who cant think straight and choose to work for them or just innocent stupid young teenagers offered quick money to work for them. Regardless just call police. Sure will be caught.

Here are the more problematic scenarios i have experienced before (and they keep coming up with new ways):

1. Pizza delivery and food delivery to your house. and they will ask the delivery man to give the phone to you to attempt to talk to you.

this is a hassle but quite funny sometimes. but the poor food delivery man just wasted his trip. I usually apologise and explain that its loanshark hasslement and pass them $5 for their trip.

2. Order some stuff and get a courier to come to your door. They will try to get the courier to pass his phone so that they can threaten you. Same method to deal with

3. get someone to pose as a survey taker and deliver message to you in letter or phone. ---> runner, report police, take photo

4. call up your neighbours and get them to talk to you nicely. how they get their numbers? hantam through yellow pages and threaten someone who lives in the same block or nearby. They panick and come talk to you.

apologise to the neighbour and explain to them that you have been scammed. usually will get them on your side , report police

remember - some of your neighbours could be debtors as well to the same group. So always make a police report, your debtor-neighbour also will not dare to do anything

5. Job interview at your flat - this is one of the more outstanding ones. they managed to con a chinese worker to come to my flat for a job interview.

6. post love letters to all your neighbours to embarrass you. -- > if people ask, just apologise and said you have been scammed. Same, report police.

I am sharing my real experiences. and what is important is this:

All these methods only embarrass you for the moment (1,2, maybe 3 months). After which life goes back to normal. My neighbours who suffered the soot damage everywhere outside their flat and corridor when i kena my fire attack, are now my best friends. we invite each other for meals and buy fruits or share extra food.

My family was once bitter, but they are still family. Life returns to the norm.

ONLY IF YOU STOP FEARING THEM.
Stupid person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #1409

Actually if the runners come and knock your door, those are the easiest to deal with. just openly call the police and take their photo, sure get caught. Dont get into altercations with them as they mostly likely are debtors who cant think straight and choose to work for them or just innocent stupid young teenagers offered quick money to work for them. Regardless just call police. Sure will be caught.

Here are the more problematic scenarios i have experienced before (and they keep coming up with new ways):

1. Pizza delivery and food delivery to your house. and they will ask the delivery man to give the phone to you to attempt to talk to you.

this is a hassle but quite funny sometimes. but the poor food delivery man just wasted his trip. I usually apologise and explain that its loanshark hasslement and pass them $5 for their trip.

2. Order some stuff and get a courier to come to your door. They will try to get the courier to pass his phone so that they can threaten you. Same method to deal with

3. get someone to pose as a survey taker and deliver message to you in letter or phone. ---> runner, report police, take photo

4. call up your neighbours and get them to talk to you nicely. how they get their numbers? hantam through yellow pages and threaten someone who lives in the same block or nearby. They panick and come talk to you.

apologise to the neighbour and explain to them that you have been scammed. usually will get them on your side , report police

remember - some of your neighbours could be debtors as well to the same group. So always make a police report, your debtor-neighbour also will not dare to do anything

5. Job interview at your flat - this is one of the more outstanding ones. they managed to con a chinese worker to come to my flat for a job interview.

6. post love letters to all your neighbours to embarrass you. -- > if people ask, just apologise and said you have been scammed. Same, report police.

I am sharing my real experiences. and what is important is this:

All these methods only embarrass you for the moment (1,2, maybe 3 months). After which life goes back to normal. My neighbours who suffered the soot damage everywhere outside their flat and corridor when i kena my fire attack, are now my best friends. we invite each other for meals and buy fruits or share extra food.

My family was once bitter, but they are still family. Life returns to the norm.

ONLY IF YOU STOP FEARING THEM.
@SeeBlueSkyAgain
Nothing is impossible for those 'cockroaches` to get in touch with the innocent victims thru different method of harassment.

Last edited by Iamsostress; 24-11-2019 at 09:26 PM..
Old 24-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #1410
del
Master Member

Guys,

Please, regardless how much you owe them, or what is the situation now. Please dont pay any amount to them.

Reason is you are funding them, and hence they may have money to hire runners to do those nasty works. But highly doubt so, as they rather use that money to survive and buy drugs to feed on. yes these gangsters a lot drug addicts also.

All stay united and dont pay.

Of course there may be some bros who are almost cleared with the loansharks, then just clear it. But those already in a mess. Just go MIA.

Statistically proven, only 1/10 loansharks take action in modern day 2019. Most of them are small companies run by 2-3 people or even 1 man show based in Malaysia. Even so their organization is in a mess, as within they are cheating each other of their money, dog eat dog.

When they take "action", seriously it also means they have no chance of taking back their money which is even worst, cuz if the victim already messed up, you think he will pay meh? So they will just wait for other companies to take action. Here wait there wait. End up they also dunno who is taking action.

Just to ease ur fears.

And if any runners happen to read HWZ (which unlikely since most of them are probably very highly uneducated).........stop what you are doing and get a proper job/life and move on.

Cheers.
del is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.