HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Malaysian becoming Singapore Citizen - Administrative Matters to Settle

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2019, 05:06 PM   #1

Malaysian becoming Singapore Citizen - Administrative Matters to Settle

I will becoming a Singapore citizen soon. Id like to know from fellow former Malaysians who have gone down this path before me about the administrative things you needed to settle with regards to any property / car registered in your name in Malaysia.

If you owned a Malaysian property or car, what is the process to update your ID details with the relevant registry? For the car, can this be done at any UTC, or did you have to go to the JPJ? For property, how did you do it? Do you need to go through a lawyer?

I suppose for bank accounts you just need to attend at any branch and update the particulars?

What are the documents you needed to tender on each case?
A350-900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:46 PM   #2

I will becoming a Singapore citizen soon. I’d like to know from fellow former Malaysians who have gone down this path before me about the administrative things you needed to settle with regards to any property / car registered in your name in Malaysia.

If you owned a Malaysian property or car, what is the process to update your ID details with the relevant registry? For the car, can this be done at any UTC, or did you have to go to the JPJ? For property, how did you do it? Do you need to go through a lawyer?

I suppose for bank accounts you just need to attend at any branch and update the particulars?

What are the documents you needed to tender on each case?
Why you want to become Singaporean? Your CPF can’t take out after 55 years old. Are you very smart or crazy ?
Sai Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:11 PM   #3

Why you want to become Singaporean? Your CPF cant take out after 55 years old. Are you very smart or crazy ?
Usually, those who have kids attending primary school here have no choice but to convert to citizens, as those childcare and school fees will cost more than your CPF total sums in the long run if you remained as a foreigner
Aion99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.