Permanent Resident Application

yoongf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everything appears rosy for you now.
Grab the opportunity and chase your dreams.

I've been living in Singapore since 2008, did my O levels and A levels here on scholarship. I did fairly well in school receiving mostly As and some Bs. I also graduated from NUS with a bachelor's and a master's degree in architecture. I'm working for a local architecture firm on Employment pass for more than a year now. My basic monthly salary is $3700. Also I'm a Vietnamese of Chinese race. Recently my Singaporean boyfriend proposed to me and I said yes (yay), so I've decided to stay and build a family here. Please help evaluate my chance. Thanks in advance!

Coryphaena

Reaction score
No way they reject u except that u hv a past criminal record

I've been living in Singapore since 2008, did my O levels and A levels here on scholarship. I did fairly well in school receiving mostly As and some Bs. I also graduated from NUS with a bachelor's and a master's degree in architecture. I'm working for a local architecture firm on Employment pass for more than a year now. My basic monthly salary is $3700. Also I'm a Vietnamese of Chinese race. Recently my Singaporean boyfriend proposed to me and I said yes (yay), so I've decided to stay and build a family here. Please help evaluate my chance. Thanks in advance!

sacrificium

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am Indonesian-chinese, currently working at Singapore under S-Pass for 1.5 year. I am a degree holder. My mom is also a Singapore PR, and my step dad is a Singaporean.

Not sure anyone have the approval story that can share?

Thanks

If your parent is PR, you should tag under them? Easier than way?

amberpanda

Reaction score

sounds good. high chance. all the best

sacrificium

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I am Indonesian-chinese, currently working at Singapore under S-Pass for 1.5 year. I am a degree holder. My mom is also a Singapore PR, and my step dad is a Singaporean.

Not sure anyone have the approval story that can share?

Thanks

If your mother is SPR, then just tag with her.

KKKTAN

Reaction score
Recently met with a rep from a company who provide assistance on PR application. She quoted me 5k - is that normal?

will be carrot if you pay even single cents.

it's a self-service, online, step by step through ICA webpage.

unless you refer to forge marriage scheme to exploit the system..... i have no comment.

lostjuls

Reaction score
Success rate for application of PR (Malaysian Chinese)

Hi all,

Please help to evaluate success rate for my fiance from LTVP to PR.

I am a Singaporean (Girl), 23 y/o. Currently working full-time and paid $2700. I got another 2 part time job, total got 3 CPF contributions.

Fiance is 32 y/o. Paid $2000/mth, in f&b industry. On work permit.

Recently, applied for pre-marriage ltvp for my fiance and application has already been approved. Looking to get married this year, and will apply approval from MOM for him to work after marriage and also ltvp.

Should i try to apply PR for him right after we get married?

Heard that chances of him getting PR will be higher if I'm pregnant, but due to financial instability, not considering this option in this 2-3 years time.

Also looking to purchase flat in about 2-3 years time.

Is the success rate for him to apply PR relatively low looking at our profile. If yes, is there anything i can do to make it higher?

Please help!!

tanchinkoo

Master Member
Reaction score
If it parents are citizen N PR.
Y are u not born here ?
Avoid NS ?

Sent from Sony F5122 using GAGT

zy3038

Reaction score
Anyway, no point in thinking so much about something you cannot control. Just submit your application, and hope for the best.

that's the main takeaway. Singapore ICA is not transparent like Australia,NZ or Canada where the points required for PR application are available for all to see.

everything you read here is basically based on hearsay, unspoken truths, "experience" etc. you cannot change your nationality or ethnicity, but you can try and improve your education/ profession/ make babies. gahmen has been quite public in saying that the country needs educated ppl, needs experienced professionals, and needs babies. they wont publicly say we only want ppl who look, talk, eat like the locals. and by that i mean local chinese

Aion99

Reaction score
Lol!

For the majority?

Kindly show your survey results.

If you don't have any, stop foisting your own assumptions as representing the views of the *majority*. Lol!

It's really very simple English that it should be Chinese Singaporean, and if you insist on being right, you have a problem. I don't right. :s22:

Nobody say "Chinese Singaporean". I don't need to insist anything or do surveys. Clearly, if you know how to read, you can see that people in this thread said Singaporean Chinese, Indonesian Chinese etc, and they meaned locals chinese race, this is enough to prove that your are wrong.

Last edited:

commie_rick

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro & Sis,
need some advice from ya.

I will getting ROM with my Indonesian-Chinese Gf in 6/6.
After ROM, I was thinking to apply PR for her instead of LTVP (I had done the Pre-marriage LTVP assessment and it was approved). Any comment from you guys whether I should go for LTVP 1st and PR later or straight go to apply PR ??

My status is SG pink IC, 35YO, converted in Y2013, just bought my HDB flat under single scheme and will getting key in Apr.
My gf is Indonesian Chinese,35YO,degree graduate from Indonesia, work in Indonesia for past 10 over years, visit SG many times but didn't work or holding SG work permit before.

Any idea what's the chances for her to get the PR?

By the way, got 1 big issue on her birth cert too. Her birth cert name is not tally with her passport. Heard she said in olden time, Chinese not allow to have Chinese name in Indonesia, so her name in her birt cert is only a single word name, eg: Rosilawati. And when she grow up and time to make passport, the immigration request her to put her name with her Surname on the passport (she said this is a must), so now her passport name is like Rosilawati Wong. Will it be any issue for the PR application ?

Hope to hear from you guys. Many thanks.

no chance unless you serve national service

tuanehji

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a Singaporean (Girl), 23 y/o. Currently working full-time and paid $2700. I got another 2 part time job, total got 3 CPF contributions.

Recently, applied for pre-marriage ltvp for my fiance and application has already been approved. Looking to get married this year, and will apply approval from MOM for him to work after marriage and also ltvp.

Heard that chances of him getting PR will be higher if I'm pregnant, but due to financial instability, not considering this option in this 2-3 years time.

Is the success rate for him to apply PR relatively low looking at our profile. If yes, is there anything i can do to make it higher?

Please help!!

what your bf nationality? if third world countries then hard to approve. why don't you migrate instead?

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Please help!!

Apply pr right after marriage would yield lower success rate (According to some of my friends)

Maybe after 2 years then could be better. Or try ask MP to help if desperate...

whiteman27

Master Member
Reaction score
No need apply for PR, just make do with LTVP and work.

Government will see the intention of the person staying here for long.

My Cousin wife take about 4years to get PR even though she bore him a son and daughter.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.