HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Perspective

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2018, 10:11 PM   #1

Perspective

These days, there have been things that make me wonder. Just months ago, there was one event that makes into big news in the Internet: how a girl feel 'entitled' for purchasing just a cup of coffee. Months passed and I believe most people would agree the same matter still occur till date: difficulty of finding seat during the weekend. Luckily, I am able to get space for myself at times, and through it I have witnessed event that make me ponder.
At times, it is easier for us to push everything to the owner of the premises. How they could do better and prevent of such matter? This post isn't about for the premises should tackle it, but how us as the society, can help make it easy and better for everyone.
Just as what most people assume, it is true that most of these 'hoggers' do purchase single item and stay for hours. I believe that there's no right nor wrong in this matter. Just change our perspective and put ourselves in their shoes. Questions do come to my mind: why would they not study at their own home/library? Rather than spending all the money out, how much of these can they spend for better others?
Of course, there are still many other questions popped out through the months, and many more than less, I've witnessed how parents actually do bring their kids around and did similar things. And what's worse, some even leave their kids around and go out for hours. So, is it their upbringing that turns them to be whom they are?
Us, as the society, tends to put the blame on others rather than looking in the mirror at ourselves. Just by one example above, who can say who is in the wrong? The premises? The hoggers? The students? Or is it us, the society?
anonymous2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.