www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Current Affairs Lounge (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/)
-   -   So, what happened to the CAD's investigation on City Harvest? (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/so-what-happened-cads-investigation-city-harvest-3380627.html)

NTB2DO 30-06-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponpokku (Post 67941476)
1, the wifey musical career is quite successful,

Diva - Sun Ho's multi-million dollar attempt to break into Hollywood

Quote:

..The singer was based in the US between 2003 and 2010, reported The New Paper, where five of her English singles released made it into the top 10 of Billboard's Hot Dance Club Songs.

But according to a Straits Times on Wednesday, doubts were cast that Ho made it just on talent alone.

One senior music executive interviewed by the paper said the Billboard dance chart is based on airplay and not sales.

"You can just pay to promote yourself to get radio stations to play your songs," said the executive, who remained anonymous.

A director of a record label here estimates that it costs between US$300,000 (S$386,000) and US$1 million to produce an album in the US.

A collaboration with famed producer Wyclef Jean could cost between US$50,000 and US$300,000.

The $23 million that was purportedly used to finance Sun's music career not only gave her four No.1 hits on the Billboard dance charts, an English-language album and slick music videos but also a US$20,000 (S$25,600) a month Hollywood home.

Haagen Diaz 30-06-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Little Diary 88 (Post 67919210)
My learning point from reading the various developments is that it is better to objectively analyze the marketing spiel of every leader, even religious leaders.

Some assume that religious leaders are morally upright, just because they can use jargon. As such, to these people, they are beyond the reach of normal common sense evaluation.

Our analysis of leaders, including religious leaders, must be based on the purity of their intentions as well as the purity of their actions. If the two do not match, we must become even more evaluative.

The main point is why Kong Hee asks the church members "What we give every week is the measure of the value that you place on your Lord and your saviour Jesus Christ,” he told the crowd. “We can lift up our hands to worship god, but if the tithes are still in our pockets, then due tribute has not been given. Then our praises are empty. Our words are empty. There is no value to back it up.”

"Now when Jesus heard these things, He said unto him, yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow Me"

It is not wrong to have money, when it is used for the right things, as long as we do not love it, whereby it becomes our god. We must use our money as Jesus commands us. It may be for the poor, or to be used for His work to bring souls into His Kingdom, as He told the man in Luke 18:22 "...but he went away sorrowful for he was very rich.".

In Timothy 6:10 it reads:

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after they have erred from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness".

We look around us in this day and see what the so-called church has become. They are crying out for money all the time and never seem to have enough. People are looking at them grabbing money and want nothing to do with the gospel; they don’t realise these men are not of God.. God’s people; live by faith, we do not have to go to man for what we want, we go to Christ Jesus for He has promised to supply all our needs. If these men were of God they would go to Jesus and believe by faith and Jesus would supply the need.

Paul we are told in I Corinthians 9:15 that he took no money for his preaching, he stood by faith and God supplied all his needs.

Yet, why Sun Ho lives in luxury - Hollywood house and Sentosa Cove? I guess that Sentosa cove is a gift from church member? Why don't they sell Sentosa Cove to win the lost souls and Mission project? My main point.

My Little Diary 88 30-06-2012 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haagen Diaz (Post 67943350)
The main point is why Kong Hee asks the church members "What we give every week is the measure of the value that you place on your Lord and your saviour Jesus Christ,” he told the crowd. “We can lift up our hands to worship god, but if the tithes are still in our pockets, then due tribute has not been given. Then our praises are empty. Our words are empty. There is no value to back it up.”

Yet, why Sun Ho lives in luxury - Hollywood house and Sentosa Cove? I guess that Sentosa cove is a gift from church member? Why don't they sell Sentosa Cove to win the lost souls and Mission project? My main point.

Haagen Diaz, these two are separate things.

I did not listened to his sermon and thus it is not fair for me to comment.

Let's assume you are right. Then inconsistency of practice - do what I tell you but not do what I do - does not imply that he engaged in CBT.

Let me share my own views if I feel as strongly as you on those theological basis you cited.

I will simply give what I feel that local church needs to sustain itself and give the remainder to poor people I see on the streets in the Name of Christ. I do not give to charities.

xdivider 30-06-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ponpokku (Post 67933713)
oh damn, that Boxer..... :o:o

Ironically he went off in an iron box...............

peterchan75 30-06-2012 11:03 AM

If you google about evangelist scandal.....quite a few of them. Rev Jim Jones scandal cost 900+ lives. The Aum cult poisoned people in Tokyo subway. Some people just want to be controlled and be zombies.

Haagen Diaz 30-06-2012 11:53 AM

Spending habits
1. HDB flat in Tampines - purchased at $127,000 and then sold it for $420,000.
2. Horizon Towers - $1 million and then sold it for $2.6 million.
3. Sun Ho's Hollywood mansion - $28000/per month
4. How often does Sun Ho fly fro and to between Singapore and Hollywood? I mean the cost of air-tickets. Including her son.
5. How much is the salary of her nanny?
6. Their apartment at The Suites@Central worth $2.6 million in 2010.
7. The unit at Ocean Drive in Sentosa (Sentosa Cove) cost $9.3 million, it is purchased and registered under Kong and Whaju.
8. How much is the expenditure spent on Sun Ho's career in Hollywood and plus the CDs of Sun Ho?

news.insing.com/tabloid/the-plight-of-the-pastor-pop-star/id-55523f00

Haagen Diaz 30-06-2012 11:56 AM

How did Kong Hee manage to raise so much money for CHC’s building fund?

TR Emeritus was able to dig up some old video links of Kong Hee’s fund raising sermons but most of the videos have been taken down. However, one managed to survive (see below).

• the sick money he also want sick ppl to give.mp4:

“… and Chuang have to eat into their reserves literally, I mean, just the medical bills alone could really sink an ordinary person, but yet this year, Chuang is pledging $20,000, to the building fund, when he’s having a challenging time in his finances…”

• kid Ang Pao Kong Hee also want.mp4:

“After Chinese new year, Samuel came to Jackline and said Mummy, I want to give my entire ang pow collection, all that I collected which is $500, I’m gonna give it all to the building fund…”

• Unemployed, Student also ask to Give.mp4:

“… rising? more then ever before, the salaried people, the temp job workers are giving, the unemployed, housewives are giving, full time NS men, retires, students 17yrs above, 16 yrs, unequal amounts but equal sacrifice, you give your best, you give until your heart is broken, you give until tears stream down your eyes … “

• Kong Hee sell their flat to give to God.mp4:

“… Nick and Connie sold their five room flat, and downgraded to a three room apartment just so that they are able to give $20,000, to the building fund, I mean, where you hear people like that, I mean, people who are willing to sell their house and downgrade to build God a great house, friends it’s a sacrifice…”

tremeritus.com/2012/06/28/kong-hee-and-gang-allegedly-cheated-the-church-over-50m/

Haagen Diaz 30-06-2012 11:58 AM

Solid evidence - Kong Hee exhorted the church members to sell their flat in order to raise up the funds for the building project yet he shakes his leg in luxury of his very expensive Sentosa Cove apartment. Look at his history of upgrading his private apartment.

What kind of integrity does he has?

ponpokku 30-06-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTB2DO (Post 67943274)

yah i know such practices long ago... just pay radio stations to air ur songs. part of the promotions. :o

ponpokku 30-06-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Little Diary 88 (Post 67943445)

Let's assume you are right. Then inconsistency of practice - do what I tell you but not do what I do - does not imply that he engaged in CBT.

Let me share my own views if I feel as strongly as you on those theological basis you cited.

I will simply give what I feel that local church needs to sustain itself and give the remainder to poor people I see on the streets in the Name of Christ. I do not give to charities.

no lah it's not inconsistency... he used it as a psycho tool to pressure members take out their monies. since my ex-boss oso CHC, i can say that what haagen diaz posted is quite accurate. my ex-boss used to say such things when the dept ppl have lunch together, preaching to us that is. that believing in their faith will make u rich. take out some money and exchange for greater wealth in return. lucky i went to church b4 for a good 2 yrs b4 deciding it is not for me, and he take me as somewhat an equal(or maybe a fallen one, dunno) and didnt pester me as much as he did to others.

this is already false preacher. and i bet kong hee isnt an idealist who has gave up all his wealth in pursue of spiritual cause. he lived in luxury. then i think the motive is pretty clear, conman... =:p

and yes i dun give to charities, after i realised up to 1/3 of the donated money actually went to funding themselves...

ponpokku 30-06-2012 12:19 PM

i think no need say liao, pappies next move will be one airborne administrator into the church after kong hee kena removed. it has a large crowd, it has monies. what's not to control? :s13:

mgsten 30-06-2012 03:36 PM

for all we know, ppl who appear super rich on the surface might be empty inside and in debt or deeply. they juz borrow and 'borrow' to keep up with the kardashians.

Haagen Diaz 30-06-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Little Diary 88 (Post 67943445)

Dear my little diary, I'm not talking about whether they are guilty of CBT. I'm talking about his words. If I remember correctly, CHC said it considers him as a role model and a person of integrity.

I feel that there seem to have many loopholes in CHC actions especially Crossover Project. However, I still have to wait for facts regarding Crossover Project and Sun Ho's secular career coming out on 25 July on the court day itself.

I have to clarify whether Crossover Project is sun Ho's secular career solely to win lost souls. I'm confused about Crossover Project as it is not clearly defined.

chensing 01-07-2012 12:14 AM

Let's not prejudge those facing impending charges...the TRUTH will prevail whether guilty or not..those who hide under Jesus' name will not be spared either..letJustice N Trutrh prevail...as the drama unveils,more bones may be uncovered:s12:

lenney 01-07-2012 05:51 AM

我穷到只剩钱。
What is integrity, moral value and etc?
If don't live in luxuries what to do with the only element I left?