HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Unethical Act by Financial Advisors

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #1

Unethical Act by Financial Advisors

https://www.justclick.sg/voiceofindi...g-conversation

Saw this article that many of my friends have been sharing on FB page- SG Breaking News. The topic is about Prudential agents recording voice conversation with their agency boss and backstabbed him by reporting to Prudential CEO. my two cents of opinion is that how can a professional like a FSC do such unethical thing which cause the issue of basis of trust and confidentiality to be shaken especially in this industry whereby customers share their confidential financial information with their agents. *shake head*

https://www.justclick.sg/voiceofindi...g-conversation

Referring to the letter from an anonymous on the topic of voice recordings between Prudential agents and agency boss. After understanding the content of the situation, this is extremely unethical to do such act and very unsecure to such situation from now on.

With the convenience of our smart phone to activate the voice recording function on a touch of our fingers, everything can be recorded secretly. With this in mind, how can we be assured that what we do are not monitored by someone in secret. And also with respect to this, does this mean all these acts are infringing on our privacy and does the Privacy Act comes into place?

Another important point is that the agents had clearly betrayed their agency boss. This act of betrayal can be seen in many situations and especially apparent at workplace where many ferocious battles take place. It is indeed quite disgusted by their actions to even plan this to ‘eradicate’ their agency boss. The incident seems like typical scene in a period drama in a palace. It is easy to see that the evil side of humans already existed a very long time ago for a simple reason. Power. The power which can bring about fame, money and many other things. What they forgot is that with the ill intention and the things they carried out, karma may strike back. Do good and be rewarded, do evil and be punished!

What most of the Singaporeans view financial advisors is their duty to keep the confidentiality of their clients to themselves. This is ought to be the basic principles of what advisors should be upholding. While the two financial advisors can do this breach of confidentiality within their company and within its own agency, many seriously questioned the trust that we, as the policyholders, placed in them, and sincerely have doubts of Prudential as an insurance company to keep the financial details of all their customers. As professionals serving customers and keeping the confidentiality of their customers, the two financial advisors have breached the trust the customers have placed in them. This incident would surely make most of the Singaporeans look at Prudential and their financial advisors at a totally different light.

As one of the Singaporeans, we believe all insurance agencies will uphold its integrity and transparency so as to strengthen all consumers’ confidence. Remember that trust is hard to find but easy to lose.
williamsohSG likes this.

Last edited by triggerrfish; 06-09-2018 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: editing
triggerrfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:28 PM   #2

Saw this article that many of my friends have been sharing on FB page- SG Breaking News. The topic is about Prudential agents recording voice conversation with their agency boss and backstabbed him by reporting to Prudential CEO. my two cents of opinion is that how can a professional like a FSC do such unethical thing which cause the issue of basis of trust and confidentiality to be shaken especially in this industry whereby customers share their confidential financial information with their agents. *shake head*
I know some agents like to "secretly" do voice recording, that why I feel uncomfortable talking to such agents, as this is not right at all.
williamsohSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #3

As one of the Singaporeans, we believe all insurance agencies will uphold its integrity and transparency so as to strengthen all consumersí confidence. Remember that trust is hard to find but easy to lose.
sebastionsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:32 PM   #4

I feel that this is not honest if they do this voice recording. Everything that is discuss between the agent and client should be strictly kept confidential and secret. If this happen, any secret information can be accidentally leak out anytime.

imbenjaminleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:49 PM   #5

If this voice recording thing can happen between the client and agent then I feel it's not that safe sharing information with anybody be it you are from the insurance or bank company. Our confidential and secret info can be shared to anyone and anywhere. It's no longer safe to share information with anyone nowadays also if companies can allow this to happen.

benjaminleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:27 PM   #6

This should not be allowed to happen. I thought Prudential was a very respectable company yet they are so unethical. This makes me think if I should still continue my insurance with them. It makes me so worried that anytime they can just record and leak out my confidential information. So disappointed.

derrickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:16 PM   #7

I know some agents like to "secretly" do voice recording, that why I feel uncomfortable talking to such agents, as this is not right at all.
People want to record your voice, what can we do, also nothing mah. Unless you want to check everyone's phone before you talk, so mafan. Best is just boycott only lorh
taykahken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #8

This should not be allowed to happen. I thought Prudential was a very respectable company yet they are so unethical. This makes me think if I should still continue my insurance with them. It makes me so worried that anytime they can just record and leak out my confidential information. So disappointed.
oh my god I have a few policies under Prudential and a few Prudential consultant friends. I think I should reconsider my relationship with them and I wonder how much of my personal information have been leaked out!!
strONG.boDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #9

Many customers will feel betrayed if they find out you have recorded their conversations without them knowing. They might not have a legal claim against you, but it could still damage your business image.
limvivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #10

Angry

People donít trust company thatís known for its negative attributes, and those who do work there probably donít trust the company either.
tanjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #11

Cool

People donít trust company thatís known for its negative attributes, and those who do work there probably donít trust the company either.
Respondents wanted to know where their CEOs personally stood on these issues.
tohisabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:55 PM   #12

People donít want to work for a business thatís known for its negative attributes, and those who do work there probably donít trust the company.
karenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #13

BUT to be fair, it's just one person that did it, doesn't mean the whole of Prudential is bad apple.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #14

BUT to be fair, it's just one person that did it, doesn't mean the whole of Prudential is bad apple.
It doesn't matter if it's one person or 10 people. The damage has already been made
triggerrfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 PM   #15

It doesn't matter if it's one person or 10 people. The damage has already been made
True, but why make so much noise since it's damage done? No point also what lol
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.