ACCA Students.

alexyj

Reaction score
help help

Hi all...
just to tag on to the thread...
i am taking the july intake acca, just cant decide which school has better lecturers for f2 and f3.
from saa is ben lee for f2 and edgar wong for f3
whereas from kaplan is yvonne goh,elaine tan and esther thng for f2 and selvam and nicholas woo for f3.
r
eally appreciate for advice for ppl who have attended their lectures... thanks..

destiny123

Reaction score
Hi all...
just to tag on to the thread...
i am taking the july intake acca, just cant decide which school has better lecturers for f2 and f3.
from saa is ben lee for f2 and edgar wong for f3
whereas from kaplan is yvonne goh,elaine tan and esther thng for f2 and selvam and nicholas woo for f3.
r
eally appreciate for advice for ppl who have attended their lectures... thanks..
I would say ben lee is super. Just take his lesson!!!!

sher24

Reaction score
I so envious u taking in RJC... I staying in Yishun but am allocated to ACJC!!!!!! arrghhhh...

This time round there are 3 locations for the exams, being Singapore Expo, RJC & ACJC... so do check properly..

Hmm my docket lists the address as RJC no mention on Singapore Expo

CFC

Reaction score
Anyone self study and took level 1 papers but did not enrol for class in SAA? Should be alright to do this way right? I read through their terms, they did not state that it is a must to enrol for any class before stepping in for exam.

Yes, this is possible. In fact, if you're good/clever/genius enough, you can jolly well attempt all ACCA papers by self study. Just buy the text and reivsion kit. But, don't even think about it.. haha

hi, im taking bsc banking finance(2nd yr) and have register online at ACCAglobal website. paid 62 pounds. may i know wad is the next step?
To submit my poly certs as supportin docs to ICPAS at aljunied?
wad is the joint scheme?
i have to pay $130 extra for this joint scheme?
im in dip IT, it seems like im not eligible for exemptions.
but my current degree prog shld be of relevant right? UOL Bsc Bankin Finance @ SIM
but i have not completed my degree, if i am to submit supporting docs for exemptions, what can i submit?
results slip for exams taken last year?
what abt those modules im taking next year(e.g FM CF etc) i can only apply for exmeptions after i passed them?
sry for being so lengthy... kindly advice tks so much

rainzy, firstly, please think twice before committing as ACCA, by itself, is already a darn tough examination, to think that you're taking your UOL degree. Better take it slow, rather than ended up failing both.

Just FYI, for students registered under the S'pore variation (Tax, law, FR) you will be under the ICPAS-ACCA joint scheme. This is what you'll have to pay.

1. ACCA/ICPAS registration fee (one-time only)
2. ACCA Membership fees (renewable yearly, payable at year end)
3. ICPAS membership fees (same, renewable yearly, payable at end of year)
4. Course fees for which ever paper you want to take, range from $400 to $600, depending on which paper you're taking and from which sch you're taking. FTC's course fees are higher, as compared to SAA.
5. Examination fees, payable to ACCA only.

As for exemption, just submit whatever cert, together with the transcript, to ACCA and they will assess it and give you the relevant exemption, if any. So, don't worry about this.

MrFlower

Reaction score
for F3,

would be to practise the textbook and the examkit.

the teachers tend to teach very very fast, forgetting that this is a foundation course for us, who are taking ACCA F1 - 3 papers.

On the hindsight, I would think that self-study is sufficient, but Full Time Devotion is needed esp if you are like me, who has come from a non-accounting background.

jeneva

Reaction score
anybody tried taking 4 modules together before? is it advisable? i was thinking since e foundation units are easier, it shld be ok to take 4.

IDevil

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody tried taking 4 modules together before? is it advisable? i was thinking since e foundation units are easier, it shld be ok to take 4.

Previously, I took 4 papers at one go (twice)

first is 1.1 to 2.1

then is f4, f6, f7, f9

I can handle all the lessons as then, I was doing full time. Everyday attend lesson and I found it manageable.

Tough part is during exam period, the gap between each paper is too tight, very stressful at that point of time.

jeneva

Reaction score
Previously, I took 4 papers at one go (twice)

first is 1.1 to 2.1

then is f4, f6, f7, f9

I can handle all the lessons as then, I was doing full time. Everyday attend lesson and I found it manageable.

Tough part is during exam period, the gap between each paper is too tight, very stressful at that point of time.

thats gd... is there a reason for this combination of 4? suggested combination? :)

IDevil

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thats gd... is there a reason for this combination of 4? suggested combination? :)

f5 is the previous 2.1

the reason I took f9 first instead of f8, is because IMO f8 is the toughest paper.

As I was taking 4, I took f9 first, which i thought was easier.

hongge

Reaction score
oh well... i took f9 exam 2day... it was tough!!! and i took f8 yest for 2nd time le~ and i think better than last dec haha. i agree f8 is the most difficult

heres a little tip for those who wanna chiong 4 papers de, try to arrange F7 and F8 to take last b4 u adv to level3 as F8 will link heavily to P1 and F7 linked to P2.

and if u take F8 or F9 last for level2, try to like it and choose advance P4 or P7 as u can remember the knowledge better. for F5 and F6 if u cleared too long ago, might find it hard to catchup at adv P5 and P6

IDevil

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u have attended Mr James Kwan class, you will know that P4 is a inhuman paper~

I declare those who pass P4 to be God~ :s13:

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If u have attended Mr James Kwan class, you will know that P4 is a inhuman paper~

I declare those who pass P4 to be God~ :s13:

Actually if u look at the pass rates for the Dec 07 session, P6 is a tougher paper than P4, but only just. Maybe the different variants is a factor... Some countries have more complex tax laws? while P4 only has the international and SGP variant... Just a thought...

But looking at the low pass rates for the option papers, really need to think which 2 to choose...

Last edited:

hongge

Reaction score
yeah i agree out of 4 options, P4 is the most interesting bah~ cos in lower level of F5 F6 F8 F9, i like F9 more. Even F9 is hard at lower level le of cos in P4 level will be more hard with those more challenging and confusing foreign currency hedging

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.